Why growers should consider Coco Coir

i want to try coco coir but it seems like more of a hassle than it is beneficial. you have to rinse it before you plant right? also i herd its packed with salt and salt builds up and locks out nutrients if you dont flush often.

You have to source your coco from a hydro shop or be careful at a pet store
It should say if it is rinsed and ph balanced.
The pet store I used closed and I went to another and got burned.
It was "coco husk" courser and chunkier the runoff ph'd at 8.:rip:
I just run my ph a little low. I figure as it raises the girls will eat what they need.
Hempy is sooo easy to flush anyway and my racks even more.

I've only done one or the other coco was better results.
I'll look forward to see how your test turns out.

I would like to chime in fellas, as I have used coco coir in the past with the same results. Nute lock out. Tried everything with it and was using AN nutrients an still had lock out in 4th week of flower.
Now introduce Nectar Of The Gods nutes and their #4 soil and have had great success using this line up. The soil already is PH ready from the bag and very easy to use let alone a lot cheaper. So if it's available to you I would give it a try. Good Luck!!

I have always used coco coir. Well, for the past 6 years. Lately I am using Canna Coco Coir, to be acquired from a grow store. I like the bagged variety so I don’t have to break up a huge brick and pour water on it to get it to be usable. I mix it with perlite to help retain water in it and to decrease compaction.
I use CaliMagic with it, and canna A&B nutes, Kool-Bloom, sweetener of choice, and I am quite happy with the results. What I am trying to find now, is the ratio to use for Cannazyme to reuse the medium. I know you have to double it. But double what? Anyone know?

I love 50/50 coco perlite, but I will do a test soon with 100coco vs 50/50 coco perlite. Everything else will be the same.

Can't wait, you do wonderful, informative journals.

GR

You can buy 3 dollars a brick that will make a whole bucket full ONLINE! You don't need to use peat moss, if you just buy a couple of bricks ONLINE! It doesn't need to be purchased locally, it can be purchased ONLINE!

:yahoo: :welcome:
I hear coco coir is a favy among gorilla growers.

It's my first grow and I'm using straight bagged coco from the hydro store. I wouldn't buy it from any other store. I've have nothing but success.

My only complaint, not really a complaint but anyway, just that u have to water frequently. Anyone who has lockout and salt build up is letting it dry. Or parts of the coco get dry. If u keep it moist Lways then there shouldn't be any issues. There's nothing exciting about having to water 3 or 4 times a day when they get going in flower. Twice a day I thought was enough for my to handle but in a couple weeks they're gonna be drinking more.

The only time I did get high run off ppm was a few lazy days I didn't water properly or not enough. So I ended up flushing with ph water and I was back in business. Plants felt no I'll effects of it.

Do I like coco...yes
Do I have anything to compare to...no
Would I grow in it again...yes
But id like to try dwc or something that's less maintenance

Back
Top Bottom