Will Afghan Auto trichs turn amber

Wulves

Hope alls well with everyone for the upcoming Holidays
Maybe someonr would know .
Will an Agan Auto Trichomes turn Amber for a CBD non THC affect ?
My Afgan is 90days old and has beautiful Milky Trichomes.
Im harvesting 1/2 tonight for a friend the other half I want almost 100% CBD for my medical needs.
How much longer will she have to go till they turn Amber ? and will an Afgan Auto a Indica Trichomes turn at all

Attachments

• 20191214_004929.jpg
    20191214_004929.jpg
    707 KB · Views: 156
THC doesn't turn into CBD, when it breaks down it (degrades) it turns into CBN. CBD would have to be in the genetics already, and what I have heard it comes on strongest earlier in harvest than one would normally harvest for a high THC.

THC doesn't turn into CBD, when it breaks down it (degrades) it turns into CBN. CBD would have to be in the genetics already, and what I have heard it comes on strongest earlier in harvest than one would normally harvest for a high THC.
So in other words if I want a less THC effect I should wait longer still ? and wait until at least some of the milky / cloudy trichomes have darkened to amber. More amber = more relaxing, though the effects may be somewhat less psychoactive.
But will the Auto Afgan turn to a CBN effect if I wait ?
Some strains Trichs dont turn Amber or darken .
Do you know if an Auto Afgan will.
I dont handle THC very well.
This is my 5th grow and everyone else loves my weed except me.
I dont enjoy the THC effect

Hey @Wulves, ...

So in other words if I want a less THC effect I should wait longer still ? and wait until at least some of the milky / cloudy trichomes have darkened to amber. More amber = more relaxing, though the effects may be somewhat less psychoactive.

Yes, over a week or so. you will see the trichomes darken to amber.

But will the Auto Afgan turn to a CBN effect if I wait ?
Some strains Trichs dont turn Amber or darken .
Do you know if an Auto Afgan will.

Most likely, but check with the breeder at their website to be sure.

I dont handle THC very well.
This is my 5th grow and everyone else loves my weed except me.
I dont enjoy the THC effect

Cannabis is person specific, and a great reason to grow your own medicine.

Auto Afgan is a 15 % THC strain, ... have you thought about CBD strains?

I am growing high CBD strains this time ... Candida and Dinamed CBD plus. They are less than 1% THC and 20% CBD.

I plan to experiment and find a THC/CBD mix specific to me and my girlfriend ...

Great question by the way ...

I didnt think about growing a straight CBD strain.
Omg why? idk ,but thank you so much .
I have to order and recieive them thats a month alone just getting my hands on any.
So I am going to let the Afgan sit because I tested a small bud tonight and its killer but I do not get along well with THC .
So she has a bit to go for me to be able to get to a more CBN state before I harvest her.
So you recommend letting her sit a bit and watch the Trichs turn darker .
Then I will test it again being she all I have right now.
Thank you , happy Holiday

Yeah not sure if you can really change the THC content enough to make a difference that way, and not sure anyone has tried so that just a guess so to speak. Definitely better off getting a low THC strain, just with Hybrids you can occasionally (slim chance) get an odd throw back from the gene pool and not get what you thinking potentially depending on how stable the Strain is. Maybe try smaller doses of the stronger stuff until you find something more to your liking?

Back
Top Bottom