Will this veg more? First sign of pre flower with this small plant!

kisshell

I am growing an auto Sugar Cookies and it's really small although it's 29 days after it went above soil. The medium i am using is a seed mix layered in middle with tomato and veg slow fert mix outside the seed mix. It was just growing 5 th node and a 6 node was showing up.
It just had a cal mag deficiency and I just did a LST yesterday.
Today I saw a white pistil which has indicated the start of pre flower. First time seeing a pistil as its my first grow.

Will this be a very small harvest? Will the small nodes veg more ?
I have attached a pic compared to a week older photos.

20220504_223536.jpg

20220504_223230.jpg

20220504_223227.jpg

20220504_223214.jpg

20220504_223212.jpg

This plant is in slow fert mix so hadn't really added much nutes. Just added last water and will feed nutes now. Will this be a very small plant you think? It's 3 to 4 inches when not LST
Should be fine....give it all the love you can it'll show it back... I've had runts surprise me.

EDIT- I just got 1.5 Oz's off a 8 inch tall plant that was stunted.....just sayin

Should be fine....give it all the love you can it'll show it back... I've had runts surprise me.

EDIT- I just got 1.5 Oz's off a 8 inch tall plant that was stunted.....just sayin
You are getting my hopes up man.

I am never gonna use the tomato slow fert now.
It really confused me if I should had added nutes as this plant showed nute burn early so I stopped giving nutes.

I use only fox farms soil and geoflora nutes.... That combo imo is the shit.... Pics below of stunted auto at 3-3.5 weeks old and then pic of her 8 inches tall before chop.....no worries you got this just work to stabilize and she'll do the rest.

IMG_20220302_142250497_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220305_132344537.jpg

IMG_20220501_090751498.jpg

This plant is in slow fert mix so hadn't really added much nutes. Just added last water and will feed nutes now. Will this be a very small plant you think? It's 3 to 4 inches when not LST
Exactly - the roots need something readily available now, like 1/4 strength NPK + CaMg
It's no longer a seedling, it's a young plant and it doesn't matter what is going on in the soil, the plant is screaming at you lol

Hey mate, should I be using potassium nutes instead of nitrogen nutes from
now on for this plant?
What nutes are you currently using? I'm only familiar with fox farms trio with bush doctor cal-mag....and the geoflora line... But regardless she just needs food with a good ratio... If you do not have nutrients yet I personally recommend @GeoFlora Nutrients ... It's prolly the easiest fert I've ever used and the plants seem to love it.

Hey mate, should I be using potassium nutes instead of nitrogen nutes from
now on for this plant?
To further on this.... Most cannabis "approved" nutrient lines contain most if not all of what your plants will need... Potassium, nitrogen, etc.....only additional regular additive I see used is a calcium and magnesium supplement.

To further on this.... Most cannabis "approved" nutrient lines contain most if not all of what your plants will need... Potassium, nitrogen, etc.....only additional regular additive I see used is a calcium and magnesium supplement.
end even that is pretty much unnecessary unless you’re in coco or under heavy wattage leds. a good soil and/or a basic 1-2 part nutrient or liquid organic should provide all that stuff. you can even grow with tomato ferts just have to feed at lower doses haha

end even that is pretty much unnecessary unless you’re in coco or under heavy wattage leds. a good soil and/or a basic 1-2 part nutrient or liquid organic should provide all that stuff. you can even grow with tomato ferts just have to feed at lower doses haha
Yea the cal-mag is just on hand for when/if I need it... Last grow my plants didn't need it at all. But yea you can grow in anything with proper care.

Thanks guys for all the advice. I am using hydro synthetic nutes called Manutec Nitroplus for veg and Potash for flower.

I did find out its missing sulphate so got organic aloevoera nutes for that and cal mag.
i wouldnt mix organic and synthetic not because they interact with each other or anything but because organic ferts usually rely on an active soil biology and if you’re mainly using synthetic nutes the soil fauna will be less active and less diverse than optimal. that may cause slower release of available nutrients from organic inputs. whatever you add organically will have a directly available portion of nutrients and an initially unavailable portion of nutrients that rely on soil biology to be broken down. its not not possible to mix those two different systems and get good results but its just easier to stick to one style imo.

also what are the npk value of your fertilizers?

i wouldnt mix organic and synthetic not because they interact with each other or anything but because organic ferts usually rely on an active soil biology and if you’re mainly using synthetic nutes the soil fauna will be less active and less diverse than optimal. that may cause slower release of available nutrients from organic inputs. whatever you add organically will have a directly available portion of nutrients and an initially unavailable portion of nutrients that rely on soil biology to be broken down. its not not possible to mix those two different systems and get good results but its just easier to stick to one style imo.

also what are the npk value of your fertilizers?
I had bought only organic liquid fert but returned it as it had really high NK(12-13).

Someone told me the nute was too hot so got a hydroponic nute.
Manutec nitroplus (8-1.6-3)
I will not add nutes later on with the oscomote veg mix. Once I have more experience with coco I will decide if I want to use a seed mix or coco.
Seed mix don't have too much nutes on it so I can control the feeding.
I also have cal mag (4-0-0)

Back
Top Bottom