Zurple's DWC Bag Seed Grow Journal, 2019

They're looking great this morning, but didn't have my camera, so no pictures. I'll get some tomorrow for sure.

Do I have to use a scrog net or poles, or will they be fine growing out on their own?

Also wondering about defoliation.

Not being lazy, just wondering.

Also, what will make my buds the fastest?
I like a net ! Last two grows I made it different then I did before. The pvc had legs in the 5’x5’ tent ! New one I made the square pvc 4’x4’ , I have so many light hangers I used four of them to adjust the height I want of the net . I’m still on the 2”x2” net , I’ll go to 4” as soon as I run out of it ! Instead of super cropping I can lay every top to one corner or the other ! Worked good so far , don’t know if it helped too much but the first time I tried it was my biggest crop so far out of three plants in the tent 713 grams!
On the defoliation I have gotten to like the lollipop where you can see these girls legs . At or around I do a Bassman59 defol after 21 days in flower !
I like lazy , this MegaCrop is the king of the nutrients in my book for hydro. Easy mix easy clean up !

I like a net ! Last two grows I made it different then I did before. The pvc had legs in the 5’x5’ tent ! New one I made the square pvc 4’x4’ , I have so many light hangers I used four of them to adjust the height I want of the net . I’m still on the 2”x2” net , I’ll go to 4” as soon as I run out of it ! Instead of super cropping I can lay every top to one corner or the other ! Worked good so far , don’t know if it helped too much but the first time I tried it was my biggest crop so far out of three plants in the tent 713 grams!
On the defoliation I have gotten to like the lollipop where you can see these girls legs . At or around I do a Bassman59 defol after 21 days in flower !
I like lazy , this MegaCrop is the king of the nutrients in my book for hydro. Easy mix easy clean up !
Today is day 21, so I need to make some decisions soon. Since this was my first run, I'd considered just growing and not doing too much clipping and etc.
I'd like a rdwc setup with the net, but I have individual buckets. I'm worried about lifting them in a net and breaking a branch.
I could vacuum the water out and use the same buckets, but didn't think that would be very sterile. rdwc would have made this easier.

I'll order a net tonight. Just ordered my jeweler's loupe today.

Today is day 21, so I need to make some decisions soon. Since this was my first run, I'd considered just growing and not doing too much clipping and etc.
I'd like a rdwc setup with the net, but I have individual buckets. I'm worried about lifting them in a net and breaking a branch.
I could vacuum the water out and use the same buckets, but didn't think that would be very sterile. rdwc would have made this easier.

I'll order a net tonight. Just ordered my jeweler's loupe today.
I ran into the same issue and said the exact same thing with my last grow. It did keep getting trickier and trickier as the girls got heavier and heavier. I didn’t do the net because I just couldn’t wrap my head around it at the time. Just the bucket changes alone toward the end was a bit of a PITA but it all worked out in the end pretty much..you got this your girls look awesome!
:passitleft:

I ran into the same issue and said the exact same thing with my last grow. It did keep getting trickier and trickier as the girls got heavier and heavier. I didn’t do the net because I just couldn’t wrap my head around it at the time. Just the bucket changes alone toward the end was a bit of a PITA but it all worked out in the end pretty much..you got this your girls look awesome!
:passitleft:

Thank you. I did order a net, so if I don't use it, I'll have it for the next round.

Plus I'm going to do rdwc next time.

Thank you. I did order a net, so if I don't use it, I'll have it for the next round.

Plus I'm going to do rdwc next time.
My neighbor does DWC and he uses a net above to hang strings from to hold them up ! If you read Bassman59,21 days and after he defoliated till he harvested always opening bud sites . I do flood and drain with 20 gallon reservoir.

20190930_173701.jpg
20190930_173708.jpg

You’ve got some great advice above!

They're looking great this morning

As for the pictures you just posted, you got that right!

Do I have to use a scrog net or poles, or will they be fine growing out on their own?

No, you don’t have to use a screen of green method. I like to grow out without the trellis, I like to bring my plants out and interact with them. One day I may use a screen of green, but for now in my opinion, I love being able to remove the plants from the net. It also makes feeding with run off easier.

But it’s completely up to you man!

Also wondering about defoliation.

Yes sir! One of my favourite times of the entire grow! (Besides harvest) is day 21! Lollipop day!

Removing anything below the main canopy! It’s small, larfy, doesn’t mount to much anyways, and just sucks precious nutrients from the plant when they could be going to where it really counts. :thumb:

Thank you guys. I thought they were looking great and appreciate the confirmations. I keep patting myself on the back, but it almost feels like cheating when you're using good lights and following daily advice from forums and reddit. lol

I will thin out the larger leaves this morning when they wake up, or is it better to wait until prior to lights out this evening?
Time constraints may force me to do it in the evening, but we'll see.

One thing from my notes on this first grow, I may actually have a system for anyone doing a dwc grow grow with the Fox Farms trio. I only went with FF due to them being so popular. I know people claim that there is better nute brands and etc., but I honestly feel they're mostly the same stuff. I did like the Advanced Nutrient stuff from what I have read. Also, I am actually considering sticking with FF for my next grow since I have become familiar with it.

I truly appreciate all of your feedback. I know I was so whiney and needy at the start. lol

Knowing your nutrients is very valuable, AN is a good product but very expensive in the end.
I agree. I've been happy with Fox Farms, but have nothing to compare to since it's my first time growing.

I think folks like to knock brands just to sound like they're in the know. I also think it depends on your grow medium in the end. Being familiar with your ratios and etc. helps.

The lower foliage is getting lighter in color, is this because lights not getting to them?

Also, do you all trim off those lower small growths like in the picture below?

20191002_175712.jpg

The lower foliage is getting lighter in color, is this because lights not getting to them?

Also, do you all trim off those lower small growths like in the picture below?

20191002_175712.jpg

Yeah it could be, the plant may be taking the nutrients from the bottom leaves as well and moving it up top.

Yes you can remove anything that’s not getting direct light.

FB8A0839-DB61-466A-B643-AD1DDD9B821D.jpeg

^for example.

Yeah it could be, the plant may be taking the nutrients from the bottom leaves as well and moving it up top.

Yes you can remove anything that’s not getting direct light.

FB8A0839-DB61-466A-B643-AD1DDD9B821D.jpeg

^for example.
Wow, you went to town on it.

Should I wait a few days since I just pulled a lot of leaves off today?

I have a stress reliever for a nutrient, called super B+ and I usually just add that into my feedings after I trim.

I would say no you shouldn’t have a problem. Do it all at once, so the plant only has to be stressed out once, and get it over with :thumb:

Your welcome to come to my journal and see the before and after of trimming.

I have a stress reliever for a nutrient, called super B+ and I usually just add that into my feedings after I trim.

I would say no you shouldn’t have a problem. Do it all at once, so the plant only has to be stressed out once, and get it over with :thumb:

Your welcome to come to my journal and see the before and after of trimming.
Going to take a look into your journal now, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom