Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Burmese Kush, Mystery Top, SCROG Female

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

re: Burmese Kush & SCROG Female.

So here are the updates, I released the ties and transplanted into 4 gallon pots. I bought some pretty small chicken wire and cut it down to size and managed to push all the growth under it. Hopefully I can train it to come up and continue tieing it down.

They had a rough day today, Transplant went smooth however the rootball could be a little deeper in the new pot however they will have plenty of roon to grow more roots now. I watered heavely after I was done and let them sit for a couple hours. I returned and layed down the netting, unfortunatly everything went smooth until I BROKE off on of my main FIM'd colas...........
    (Wish they had an emoticon for me wanting to shoot myself) however I think the plant will be fine. Heres some pics let now what you guys think.

And heres to the fallen soldier....Anyone that can help with cloning please do.

I sliced the stem and left it in clean water with a small drop of superthrive. I will add some clonex tom. however is rockwoll the best thing to use? Its the only thing I have around the house.

And heres to the NYC bud my buddy brought to me!!!! MMMM tasty

....bluntedddd
    Last edited by GhettyGreen184; 06-20-2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: im blunted

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man tie down the screen in the middles or the plants will just push it up and it will be counter productive.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I got all the corners and sides and middle tied down. I think they will be fine. My clone is looking good the leaves came back. and are standing on their own now. Its still in water, I applied a little clonex to the end of the stem so hopefully that will help. Plants are looking good.

Am I looking for each budsite to develope new growth on its sides or am I weavingJust enough for each one to get its own good amount of light?

Im somewhat confused as to what now? Should I begin fimming the budsites as well to promote extra growth and slow stretching? SOMEONE HELLLLP hah

*** also now should I be allowing the colas to grow up? or continue tucking them under?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd just let them go to start filling up the screen. Is the light 12/12 yet? Keep pulling the new growth over to the next hole when it starts poking thru. Before long you may want to clip some of the biggest leaves to let the light penetrate a little.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

No i havent switched yet to answer your question I want to really fill this screen up for a HUGE harvest.

Im looking for up to .8 GPW. hopefully around 5-6 oz harvest.

Heres some updates.

heres the clone that I accidently snapped off. (thinking about a DWC???)

What i will do tonight is do some under trimming of the larger leaves only blocking other sites.
    I am under the impression I should continue weaving and pushing under and then about 1 week before switching to 12/12 I allow every cola to grow into the light and continue to let them stretch upwards during flower????????????????????????????????????

As for this girl shes been flowering for about 2 1/2 weeks under a 70w mh.

I will also be moving this plant in the room once I have switched to 12/12
    so ill have to nug to smoke early on.

Post Thanks / Like

Mh doesn't have the best light spectrum for flowering, i'd add a cfl or 2 that have a good blue spectrum. You can just wait till the screen starts filling up to about 2/3 then switch to 12/12. Keep pulling the buds sideways so you have 1 bud coming up through every other hole. You don't want them growing to maturity right next to one in the next hole as you could get mold problems.

After you switch the lights, stop rearanging them. Just let each bud grow straight up outa its hole.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sick I just did a little trimming on any leave that was brown or was covering a budsite. And I do have about 4 cfl's on the plizzy with the mh. I had to move them from the picture. But only a couple more weeks til that plant see's an HPS.

Well everything is going smooth, As far as my clone Ive read all articles and trying trial and error. I didnt suceed several weeks ago with rockwool however. Im currently soaking my cloan in fresh water with sum superthrive and clonex. ??

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Should I allow the growth to come up from the screen at all before flower or no? Also the smaller sites of undergrowth are producing now should those get there own scrog hole as well or should that follow up its main cola in that hole? Does anyone get what im saying hah?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

heres a good example, should I continue to tuck under the end of the branch and allow these little guys to grow upward and then tie them down as well? Basically what now?
    Should I top each of the budsites again to promote growth to those little leaves? or just continue to tuck?

Cannabis Connoisseur Propa Gator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You have a twisted sister on your hand, GG. You scroggers are into kinky hoticulture. Gator likes. PG

Post Thanks / Like

let them grow up through the screen untill they are tall enough to tuck under and bend the main stem horizontallly over to the next hole. You will get the hang of it really quickly but make sure they are tall enough to bend under so that the bud sites still get plenty of light. Do not fim all of the bud sites just the main cola on top which i believe you already have done. Dont switch to 12/12 untill the screen is 50% full.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok Ive got them growing straight up I wont mess with them till ther about and inch or two above the screen. How far into flowering should I continue to tuck them in? or should I let them just grow straight up pretty much. Im looking for larger denser nugs rather than multiple smaller buds.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump

Post Thanks / Like

Well first of all you are using the wrong training method if you are looking for large dense buds. After a scrog you will be left with a whole bunch of 4-8 inch buds the size and thickness of cigars. Lst'ing is a good method if you want 4-5 huge colas of each plant that will be really dense and large. with a scrog you want the buds to start directly at the bottom of the screen. If you let them grow up above the screen you will be left with more salad than bud. Hope that helps peace.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm owell I guess it dosent matter sharpie nugs sound good to me eitherway hah. So If that is the case when should I be looking to switch this for a 5-6 oz harvest, My nodes are growing above the screen at about an INCH per day of 18 hrs of light. Most all of my nodes also now are beggining to stagger, some alot some not at all.
    Im thinking I should pretty much do a 50-70% filled screen before switching and then once on 12/12 continue weaving the stretching for about 2 weeks or so that all nodes remain even throughout flower.

Also will my 400w super hps distribute enough light for my tent evenly or should I try and train the growth more towards the center but spread out...?
    My tent is 24" by 24" by 61"

Plant of the Month Winner JustAddWateR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With Proper reflectivity a 400w can cover a 3x3 area easily.

I think you should let the screen fill 75% and then switch... you can alway trim one or two for room, you just can't seem to make em magically double in the end to fill unused space
    I Love 420magazine

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast