Burmese Kush First Grow

baking soda for ph up
lemon juice for ph down

As for the fishtank stuff, really not sure what are the ingredients? If you did I would dilute it a lot.

There are some more chemicals suggested in this thread I found:
pH up or pH down using commonly found household chemical - Hydroponics Forum - GardenWeb

YUP. i hear real good things about baking soda....
and i agree with the ph down for fishtanks..... dilute it or try a different solution, like lemon juice as Growheart recs. i used freshly squeezed lime juice today and it worked like a charm!

im not too sure if lemon and lime have the same acidic effects, but it sure did work for my watering early this morning..... :grinjoint:

haha these quotes on the gardenwebs forum:
"Sulfuric Acid is sold as swimming pool acid and it is REAL cheap. I bought 2 gallons at a grocery store for 4 dollars and that is enough to get me through 3 lifetimes of hydroponic growing."

"Gotta watch your EC a little bit,but I like the fact that I'm dropping pH with plant food instead of just another chemical."

when i read this it made me realize yea..... i havent been using any chemical solutions to bring my ph down..... just been either MG nutes, Growbig, molasses, or lime juice.

hope everything works out bruh! :wood:

if i new more about quantaties of bakin soda and lemmon juice id give that a go, but imo for the cost of a bottle of P.H up/down i just use that, in the u.k its like £3 a bottle for 500ml one mil added to a litre i find brings the p.h up/down by 0.5, just my opinion though, as for getting a dog, depends what suits your lifestyle, the english staff is great, they will be as lazy as u like if there round the house all day theyl sleep untill u show them the attention or want them to be lively and they will snap into life walking and running for as long as you will alow them too, for me there one of the best, for my lifestyle anyway, not sure how common they are in the states though

i got a bluenose pitbull with fawn and brindle stripes. sick tiger look. everyone says i got a super rare pit. to me.... i just got a freakn troublemakn dog. straight up. lol........ hes young, but shit..... you goto suck the damn energy outa him..... attention freaks......

staff terriors are dope, family pets at best. pits. no...... takes hella time training.......

and as for quantities. i used .5 tsp of lime juice.... it brought my ph level down from 7.4 to 6.7 you wont need much i would guess......

eh ph up and ph down chems are both there for a reason. i wont point fingers.

Hey fluroman nice of you to look in on my girls.

About that PH up and down: Baking soda..... hehe ok, I guess I try that one today. I must have mistranslated or something because this boy used baking powder. Well lets just say it did not have the same effect.
In the PH + for the fish tank it contains "natural karbonsalts"

What made me wright the question about the PH in the first place was this:

Does ph down kill beneficials in soil?

But I guess both baking soda and "natural karbonsalts" are organic, so this would not harm my soil, right?

ps: Put one of the clones in a 1,5L pot in to flowering today.

Yo burmese! i dont think that ph down for the fishtanks would harm your plants..... just to be on the safe side, i would just try it out on a few pots and use diff alternatives on the other...... you can never be too safe..... if you dont know if its good, dont sacrifice the whole crop! plus i think ph fluctuation would stress the plant more than overnuting...... just a thought my friend. :goodluck:

Burmese im sorry about my comment if it seemed rather arsey, i didnt think you were refering to the ph up/down used in fish tanks, the ph up/down i use is specialy formulated for soil grown plants, i wouldnt use anything for fishtanks on my plants lol

Its all good, we are all here for the same reason... getting some good meds:)

I did my watering today with the nutes for week 4:
-Biogrow 3 ml/l
-BioBloom 3 ml/l
-Alg-A-mic 3ml/l
-Top max 1ml/l

some of the white hears on the buds has gone a litle brown at the tip; is this a sign of somthing wrong or is it normal?

hehe, I hope so.

I have now a new problem. This one have hit me hard the last week. Worst the last two 3days. Im not sure what this is. Magnesium lacking? Did take my runnoff at my last feeding. 6,5 going in to the pot, 6 coming out. Do I realy have to give this girl another round with dolomite?
I have also read something about people are giving epsom salt in the 3 week for not getting trouble with the magnesium.

So Im a bit unsure what to do tomorrow when wathering. Epsomsalt or Dolomite? Or am I way off? Is this ozon? I have been cooking some good stake in my apartment the last 2 days, got a bit smokey in here:)

Here are some pics:
2010-10-15_19_48_06.jpg

2010-10-15_19_48_11.jpg

2010-10-15_19_48_18.jpg

Neither am i bro!!!.. sorry!! idk is it too hot? is it dry in your room?... thats the first thing that comes to my mind seeing that but ive no clue dude...

thanks guys. Its not been so hot for the plants, and the humidity has been ok.
I took a chance and gave the plant a feeding with epsom salt 1,5 teaspoon/L. Im going to give the other girls just water tomorrow if not the sick one show great improvement after the epsom salt.

Thanks for the input guys, it really help me with taking a decision.

Im realy not sure what this girl is trying to tell me. But here are my thoughts so far:

-My plant who did get her epsomsalt yesterday have not gotten much worse. But note sure if it have stopped.
-Did tie down all girls one more time. They are now 15cm lower from the bulb, so heat from the bulb are not a problem.
-Lowered the temp in the room
-I see the stem on the sick girls are getting red. Not only the fan leaf stems but the main stem, that cant be right?
-The grow of the buds I feel have stalled the last 4-5 days.

Plan for the future:
-I am from now on going to take this a bit more seriously. Im going to measure EVERYTHING from now on. Everything is going to be written down.
-More careful whit the temp of the water, and keep it stored for 24hours before I use it.
-Buy one more fan inside the tent to move more air inside the box. I have one big one, and one small in there now already.
-Im going to give all girls feeding with a bit less epsom then yesterdays girl. I will then also measure PH on all girls.
-If this don't stop until next nute feeding im going to cut it 50%

Hope I get this figured out soon.

:rollit:

have you tried starting a new thread in the correct subforum amigo?

You'll probably get better answers from there, rather than here where we jus like watchin big buds grow while we get stoned ;)

You're taking the right steps though, since you don't know what you're dealin with muchacho!
:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom