Burmese Kush First Grow

Day 14 of flowering:)

Plants are still growing tall. I had to tigh down the top of one plant, are going to do it on one more later. 2 plants are 120cm + over the soil, so I guess 140cm with the pot.

Here are some pictures:
2010-10-06_16_10_04.jpg

2010-10-06_16_10_19.jpg

2010-10-06_16_01_33.jpg

2010-10-06_16_00_50.jpg

2010-10-06_16_00_39.jpg

2010-10-06_15_59_55.jpg

2010-10-06_15_57_32.jpg

2010-10-06_15_57_19.jpg

2010-10-06_15_57_02.jpg

Hey Burmese, realy nice set up there! A 600w bulb should produce some real nice burmese. It is one of the strains I have selected as possible seeds to purchase for my next grow, Im not sure if it's the same genetics as your Burmese Kush but based on the VISC description, sounds delicious! Mmmm sativa... "Burmese is easy to grow, with consistent results of top grade bud that pleasures all your senses. Her pungent aroma is instantly recognizable; her high is cerebral and immediate. "

I was making a cake with some hash inside, its cooking now....
How did the hash cake turn out??

By the way all 7 are female, so I have lack of space...
I had the same problem with my ladies, grew 9 in a 2ft x 4ft space expecting to have 4-5 fems, and turned out to be 8/9! Well it's one way to try experimenting with a Sea of Green, it was intimidating to me at first having to work around in the tiny space without damaging plants, but I feel that going outside your comfort zone and challenging yourself is the best way to learn something new.

Some nice tall sativas, 120cm!? Double what my plants are which are at 25 days flower!, tallest are 70cm! Hmm maybe I won't be able to grow the burmese after all lol, Good luck and happy growing, stoked to hear how the burmese yeilds / tastes :goodjob::peacetwo:

Cool of you guys to check in on my grow:welldone:

Growhart: Your link is the Burmese. I have the Burmese Kush. Origins: Burmese Kush x OG Kush

The burmese on you link is a sativa, so it will be growing tall i guess... But I bet its a great plant:yummy:

I dont know about the cake actually. Better for my inside.., but take some time before it kick in. Did it just for fun one day I did not feel like smoking.

This actually is a indica 60/sativa 40 hybrid. I am not sure why they grew so tall on me. Maybe I had the MH bulb to far away from week 2-4. But I have also read other grow logs on the Internet about this strain. They also had problem with the plants grew tall, and it supposed to be a bad batch of seeds about 2007. Guess my guy with the seeds maybe sitting on seeds from that batch. Im not sure. All I know is that I am going to be more not so careful with the light distance next time...

:peacetwo::bongrip:

hey dude just caught up on your grow: SICK

pretty badass shit you got goin on in there.. that tent looks QUITE familiar...

good to know what it looks like with what.. 8 ladies in there?.. ive got 10 unsexed right now n not sure how many i can fit in my tent :scratchinghead:

I'll be kickin my feet up for this one amigo! count me in!

how much experience do you have farming? is this your first grow period? or just for burmese kush?... cuz youve got a really nice looking set of plants for a newb ;)

-O

Hi, bokstavsbarn and Odorous I'm happy to have you both in on my grow:)

I don't have any growing experience. I had one living room plant in my life, but that one died one week after I buy it. I have spent many hours on Internet reading before i did this. I wanted to do this the last 10years, but did not have the guts. But when I got older I got tired of buying my medicine on the street from street people on heavy drugs. And I really do think its better for me and my country that I don't give the gangs in my city about 1000$ every month for my medicine.

So this grow will be my first. I have learnd so much from this and cant wait to start on my new grow. Then I am going to bring in one or two more strains to my grow, and go for sog, scrog or LST plants. I may then buy a XXL tent for more space.

I now have 6 plants in there. If they stayed down at 100cm as is said on the thseeds page, I think it would be ok, but now its way to much in there and some are 150cm+. I think 5 plants like I have now would be perfect for me in the XL tent.
Another thing I would love is if I could access my tent from more than one side, 2 would be better. I have not found a good solution on getting out the runoff from the plant out without a lot of moving the plants. I think I am going to the vet and get a big syringe, that would be perfect.

Update:
Gave the third nute feeding 2 days ago. And gave pure water today. I have to water this girls every other day with about 22 liter together.

Here are a pic from today after watering.
2010-10-10_00_08_59.jpg

Found this in the "How to Grow" section of this forum:Rasta:

Use adequate spacing
Very high planting densities will encourage stretch. As the plant grows, its leaves will quickly overlap its neighbors. Eventually the sub-canopy will darken and lower portions of the plant will experience significant shading.

from: Ornamental Plants - Annual Reports and Research Reviews: Paclobutrazol/Paint Mix on the Inside Surface of Plug Cells to Control Plug Height
"Overlapping of plant parts reduces light intensity and changes light quality, resulting in light below plant canopies that is richer in near-infrared and far-red which encourages plant stretching."

Ok, so do this mean I have to throw out some more plant or what? Realy need help on this one... What should I do?

nice lookin plants bro. good job :popcorn:

Thanks staffy. Read quickly about your grows. Too bad about the PM last try, but I guess you get a good one now. I am using a dehumidifier outside the tent and its working nice so far. I will be following.
Hope I get a a grow without any big problems. The only problem I have now is that those plants have gone crazy tall one me and I think I have to trow out one more female:confused:

ya the pm is rubbish, thanks for checking my journals out. i think now i have to use a humidifier cuz the humidity in my tent is 16-25%, pretty low.
your gonna have to throw a female out . oh no!!! :(

Well dude in my last grow, I used SUPERCROPPING technique to help with space because mine, like yours, almost tripled (maybe more) theyre height after flowering!!!! and yes the bottom buds didnt turn out very well at all :/...

Here's what I'm talking about: (Sorry, i hope you don't mind me posting on your thread dude!)
IMG_05173.JPG

this is right when i flipped it, theyre about 1 ft maybe 1.5 ft

IMG_0576.JPG

and this is 1month before harvest! probably about 4-5ft tall!

I ended up taking out the retractable black light holders, and tied my hps directly to the posts on the ceiling of the tent. When they grew into that, I supercropped them to save even MORE room. I grew them without any kind of LST or training and learned a big lesson... I hope this helps brother good luck!!!!!!!

ps plants look great still!

Well dude in my last grow, I used SUPERCROPPING technique to help with space because mine, like yours, almost tripled (maybe more) theyre height after flowering!!!! and yes the bottom buds didnt turn out very well at all :/...

Here's what I'm talking about: (Sorry, i hope you don't mind me posting on your thread dude!)

I ended up taking out the retractable black light holders, and tied my hps directly to the posts on the ceiling of the tent. When they grew into that, I supercropped them to save even MORE room. I grew them without any kind of LST or training and learned a big lesson... I hope this helps brother good luck!!!!!!!

ps plants look great still!

Hi, thanks for the tip. I read your old journal. Good reading.:thank you: Dont mind the posting at all, I appreciated it very much. Decided to do something about it tonight or tomorrow. I only have 20 cm to go on my lamp. When they wake up today, one of the girls was touching the reflector. Crazy and kind of a bald thing to do... Is it to late to cut off the lover branches 18days into flower?
And I am going to start tying down the tops on them all, because this is out of control right now. It have more than 3 times the sizes after I switched the lights. I did supercroping on two tops(not sure if I did it the right way) I pinched the stem and bend it 45 degrees to the side. Some hours later it was back up. So Im thing I going to get the rope this time. Naughty girls...

:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom