Need some input from you experienced growers

Skicat

I am currently in week 5 for a Nirvana Bubblelicious and No. Lights. (Autoflowers)
3 gal. Airpots
FF Happy Frog amended with perlite and dolomite lime.
AN Sensi A&B bloom, Calmag (Tangs easy schedule)
(2) Mars-Hydro 96x3 at 24"
Temps 68-77
RH 30-40

I thought that I was being really good and not overwatering. After week 4, the fan leaves are starting to yellow and then progress into rust spots. Calmag def? The image of inside the tent really shows the yellowing. The N. Lights is very droopy and the bud sites have not grown for a week. I would wait until the pots were light before I watered but it is looking like over watering to me which I find hard to believe. I thought I was doing so good. I have an accurate8 soil meter which also shows moisture and it would barely read 1 on the meter when I would water, as well as using the lift method.

Here's the tent shot which highlights the yellowing better.
image12954.jpeg

This is the close up of the leaves starting to yellow and then the pathetic N. Lights wilted top. Is this overwatered? I am not planning to water again for at least a week but man......I thought I was being good. ....and just when the buds are starting to form.

image12956.jpeg
image12957.jpeg
image12955.jpeg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Nirvana's Bubblelicious, I know about (as I'm growing them, too), Northern Lights I do not.

Have you checked the PH of your water, both what you are putting in and what runs out of the bottom of the pots?

It cannot be over-watering because you're doing it right.

You don't want to overdo the bloom nutes this late in flower. I don't see signs of a nute deficiency. But that could be my old eyes. Mid to late flowering leaves will yellow and drop off as the plant uses them up.

Thanks for the reply AK. Water going in has been about 6.6/6.5. I've never checked the runoff. Maybe I'll have to check this. The soil itself is about 6.8. I've just never seen this 'Droop' in the leaves without it being over or under watering......This morning they looked better.

Funny thing is that every Nirvana strain I have grown has always gotten yellowing leaves around week 6 or so. (They'll be 6 weeks tomorrow) My other plants, a Mephisto and an Autoflower-Portal are both luscious and green and looking great!

Maybe Northern Lights requires extra care. IDK. You having trouble with your BBLs?

My Nirvana Bubblelicious (photoperiod) in veg only drops a leaf or two a week, but it's obvious the plants have used all the nutrients it had to offer and discarded it. And they, and their clones, are growing crazy-fast! My BBL in flower doesn't use up nearly as many leaves per week as my OGK did, either.

But then, I tend to veg for 3 to 4 months before the switch.

All you can do for the watering is to go by pot weight, then soak good when it is light and dry, the leaves just starting to droop. You said you were already doing this.

If you went too long and they REALLY look dessicated, they will recover. Mine always do. Maybe the NL will, too.

Back
Top Bottom