LED209 Gets Critical - Outdoors!

LED209

Hello and thank you for stopping by my newest grow journal. This is going to take me "outside" of my comfort zone for sure but this dude is up to the challenge! I am in the process of moving my grow room out of my spare bedroom and making a permanent structure outside my house. In the mean time I figure why not give the old LED panels a rest and let this beautiful California sun work its magic for me one time. I consider myself to be a new grower still, with only a few harvests under my belt, I'm always wanting to learn more and try new things. Everything about this entire process is so interesting and exciting to me I just cant get enough. Honestly I have to say that if it wasn't for this site I would have never tried to grow in the first place so thank you all for that! Anyways here's a little background of me and how this grow has got to this point.

I am 28 years old and I live in California, I have been a medical card holder for several years now but have only recently decided to start growing for my own personal use. I have some pretty bad stomach problems that the Doc's cant quite put their fingers on, I have had a couple surgeries and have been prescribed a few different prescriptions to do nothing more than mask the problems and create new ones. After some time I decided to take matters into my own hands and start my own path to good health.

I usually grow indoors as you can probably tell from my name here on the site. I will figure out how to add my previous grows to my name so you can check them out. I bought some Barneys Farm Critical Kush seeds to grow Scrog style in my tent under my Mars LED panels. But I have a new addition to the family on the way and I no longer have a spare bedroom in the house. SO I decided to remodel that and am going to have to build me a new one as some kind of shed on the back side of my house ( I will be posting about the plans and construction of that as well) But I picked a couple moms from the females I started and gave the others away. I cloned the mothers and decided to put them outside and let mother nature do its thang for once. What strain is it?

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? About 45 Days
Indoor or outdoor? Outdoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? natural soil (old farmland)
If soil... What size pot? Ground
Size of light? THE SUN
How often are you watering? 2-3 times weekly
Type and strength of ferts used? None

Here you can see the one of the mothers I chose, I planed on Scroging it in my tent so you can see why I liked it lol Excuse the photos of me as a child in the background, I was moving when that was taken and my place was a mess haha....

IMG_335416.JPG

Here is after I took clones off it and they rooted in half gallon pots, this was right before I planted them into the ground..

IMG_351216.JPG

Once I Put them in the ground

IMG_350416.JPG

About 15 days later....

IMG_355613.JPG

IMG_362114.JPG

And here is them as of today (30 Days) from being planted....

IMG_366016.JPG

\
IMG_366515.JPG

IMG_366715.JPG

Fuck yeah man, this is my kind of grow! Great set-up and plot planning.

I'm fully in on this one!

Thanks for checking my journal out my friend! I'm glad you like what you see, this is my first outdoor attempt in the ground so I can already tell how big this plants are going to get, especially with 4 months to grow!

Little update. I topped them all about 5 days ago, you can see the lower stuff really shooting up and they are starting to get FAT! Especially the lady in the front right. She is going to be my fav I can tell already. I will cleaning up the lower leaves and removing the ones that are closest to the ground. Here is what they look like as of yesterday
420-magazine-mobile1942790122.jpg

And here is the one I'm talking about lol

420-magazine-mobile111030971.jpg

Looks amazing, what a fucking set up ☝️

Thanks man, I am really really impressed with what's going on back there right now. They have only been in the ground a little less than 40 days. Just shows you can't really beat the way nature intended to grow them. I've never seen them blow up like this under my LED's haha

Lucky man what part of the world are you from ? Because I'm from UK . and so its illegal to grow. I wish i could an outdoor grow and plus the weather here is shit and thats another reason why an outdoor grow wont work Have you done indoor before ? and if you have what are the pros and cons of indoor and outdoor growing ?. Which one would you say is better ?

I am from the USA, yea where I am from we have restrictions (100sqft so 10x10) outdoor of grow space. I believe their are many pros and cons for both indoor and outdoor. If you check out the link below my signature you can see my last indoor grow (dumpster). I love indoor and it is what I do most often. I just figured I would use the free sun for the summer and save on my electric bill, plus see what these plants are capable of because I am thinking about keeping this particular cut I have ( I love Kush). I would say that I prefer indoor over outdoor simply because its under a super controlled environment. I would say the real benefit from outdoors is yield. I will yield more off one or two plants than I could filling my whole tent inside, just the way it is lol.

O ok thanks for the info anyways. You Americans love the kush ha ., in the UK . we are more into Cheese and Haze, the Kush isn't really that popular around this part of the world.

No problem man I just took at look at your haze your growing now. Lookin good dude! Yea we love kush strains out here forsure. I would like to try some haze strains too tho, I'm always trying new stuff! Do you recommend the cut you are growing now? If I remember correctly they are from royal queen seeds?

Yep i got my seeds from there i think they are based in Spain . theres another good source which is based in holland called barney farms seeds, You should find it on google they got good seeds as well.

Well this cut is actually critical kush from barneys farm. I popped like ten beans picked two I liked best then cloned them and here we are. My favorite strains is pre 98 bubba kush and Tahoe og. Both of which Cali Connection have some good beans for especially the Tahoe! They can be a bit leggy inside but the nugs are rock hard golf balls that pack just as mush weight. Most of them need trellis

Shining silver haze, shining lemon haze, amnesia haze all great strains with high THC levels and good yield especially the silver and amnesia

Lol funny that you mentioned "Barney farms" ihave literally just bout some blue cheese seeds not long ago thats what I'm looking to do next

What strain would you say is the best and recommend from cali connection? On the basis of yield and high thc levels ?

Amnesia sounds like one I might try, let me know how those blue cheese beans come out when you decide to pop them :). From Cali connection I can only speak for a few of their strains because I haven't grown everything, they have quite a few to choose from. As far as THC goes I would say the Girl Scout cookies and Tahoe og would be the two best ones I have grown but Girl Scout is a medium yielding strain. For yield I really like the headband and sfv OG I grew from them. Next on my list to try from them will be Larry OG and black water.

Back
Top Bottom