New Guy With Indoor - Outdoor Dreams

Believe me 99% of dispensaries take chem buds just as much as organic, and pesticide ridden ones too. We have all seen it. The movie you saw was probably trying to portray such businesses in a unrealistic light so that the general public would side on the side of MMJ as well as to promote higher prices in dispensaries by trying to advertise that they only have to upmost quality so the customer should expect to pay a huge premium.

When I say the Chem D is darn close to as good as it gets with taste, smell, and cleanness of burn, I speak the truth.

The dispensaries down here sell midgrades all the time too. I never seen straight shwag from Mexico. But I have seen stuff way below this quality.

@ Gooseman

I always got the shotgun ready to rock, but i would rather prevent the situation before it even starts :)

On another note I think I started flushing the OG Kush a bit too early. like 98% of the trichs still seem to be cloudy and maybe a few clear lol... Oh well its really swelled in the past week, cant complain.
ahh k I see what your saying, I wouldn't know, just going by what I saw'd on tv. But I totally believe what your saying about them trying to put their weed into premium categories, it would be easy for them to do. Say some weed comes in with a hint of purple, they label it as GDP and prices go threw the roof, interesting theory. Ive never been to or purchased from a dispensary since the closest one is over and hour away, i would much rather grow my own, then I know what im smoking :) thanks for the info Jimmy....gotta remember im from the other side of the border where everything you see on tv is the truth :rofl::rofl:

Hahahahahhahahahaha Gro :)

I mean there is gonna be one or two dispensaries that are ultra strict (the Chem D would still pass I think). But most are about profits and wouldnt give a fuck if their buds are covered in Avid and then dipped in spidermite shit.

After all like 80 or 90% of all hydro is not Organic and is Chem grown. I imagine at least 60% of indoor is grown hydro as well, probably more then that, especially the bigger operations.

Yeah any purp strain is GDP and any super weird smelling buds are Sour Diesel lol :)

Up here I know a couple of dispensaries that only pay $2.50 a gr which to me is a little cheap. I haven't sold any so this is only from a guy that was going to but decide not to when he found out what they were paying.

Up here I know a couple of dispensaries that only pay $2.50 a gr which to me is a little cheap. I haven't sold any so this is only from a guy that was going to but decide not to when he found out what they were paying.

I cant imagine anyone sane would sell to them at that price, lighting and nutes alone would cost that or maybe more. I have done a lot of research into the prices and for top top quality you should expect 2500-4000 per pound, a lot depends on the time you sell. Around now and early winter is basically the worst, June-August is best and spring is decent.

I didnt set out to grow some random meh buds. I set out to grow some of the best weed you can. Which is kinda why I got like 25 nutrients in my house now lol. The Helix and the XXX didnt achieve that (although the XXX is quite nice, its not gonna win the cannabis cup anytime soon lol). However the chem D and from the looks of it the OG Kush did achieve my goal of top notch shit.

I still cant speak on if my 3 new strains outdoors the Skywalker OG, the NYCD or the Northern Lights 5 x Blueberry will grow out to be ultra chronic. But I know that all those genetics are tried and true so I believe they will. I do kinda question if the NYCD is even going to be harvestible before Christmas though lol... Its a Sativa and its only in week 2 of flower right now.

So James gave me a idea earlier. He mentioned mixing bubble hash with a drill and one of those cement mixer attachments. Well I didnt like the idea of paying 10 bucks for an attachment that I already had at home for free.

I present to you fellas, the drill-spoon-hashmaker-thingy-I... Its very scientific.

004932.JPG

DAMN! Goose will F**K you up ! Goosies got a gun, im officially a little scared of you now :bitingnails:

LOL!!

Considering how far onto our property you would have to be in order to get anywhere near my stuff, I would have every right to use one of those, but I would turn on all the flood lights first and scare the crap out of the would be thief long before they would hear that ominous sound of a pump shotgun being cocked. ;)

I'm not a gun nut by any stretch, but I know how to use them, and when you live up here in the middle of nowhere, where it would take the sherriff at least 20 minutes to get to you, we all have to be prepared to deal with any threats to life and limb on our own, be they man or beast. ;)

I totally wanna move out in the middle of nowhere soon...

Maybe If I manage a killer harvest next season along with my other jobs.

Tell me about it! These shops are supposed to be "NON-PROFIT" yet they have no problem with paying qualified growers pennies on the dollar for their wares, and then turn around and mark up the selling price 500%! And people wonder why it is so hard to buy quality MMJ from so many of them!

That's precisely why folks! Experienced growers put a lot of effort into raising the best bud they possibly can, and are simply not going to sell their hard earned product for so cheap! What you are left with are the half-assed $$$ only motivated types, who put as little time and money into their crops as possible. Those clowns are more than happy to sell their CRAP for $2.50 a gram, since no one with any sense would pay them a dime for that ditch weed on the street! LOL!

While I don't approve of the feds raiding supposedly legal shops and many California counties now shutting many down for the suspicion of illegal business practices, on the other side of the coin, I do feel a good deal of satisfaction when I see one of the less scrupulous ones getting closed down and the operators taken off to jail for violating the rules of their MMJ licenses! :thumb:

Maybe one of these days, A+ skilled growers will find an outlet in which to sell their crops at a "fair" price to "all" dispensaries, and the MMJ patients will finally get some quality medicine for their money! Heaven knows, the poor patients are already paying the premium prices, but because of the greed of so many dispensary owners, a good chunk of the MMJ patient population is getting dog poop in return!

Fortunately for me, I have a good relationship with our nearest shops and they know good product when they see it, and are willing to pay a fair price for it! Not as much as I would ultimately like to get, but definitely no insulting $2.50 a gram kind of offers! ;)

Stepping down off of my soap box now! ;)

I wouldnt have been able to live with myself if I ended up growing shwag.

My goal has been to try and grow shit that could win the cannabis cup. Its why In the past year I have watched around 1500 youtube grow videos, read tens of thousands of pages on horticulture/MJ growing and whenever I felt I needed something for my grow I bought it. I tried to save money by mixing my own soils, and my own nutes, but i didnt cut corners if I thought it would reduce the quality.

This grow hasent been without mistakes, and as the helix and XXX have shown, not all the buds are top shelf lol. But if I shoot for the moon worst thatll happen is I land on a cloud. Plus its much easier to get to the moon from a cloud then it is the ground anyways :).

Anywho its time to crank up some tunes and bubble up some hash :D

We are what you might call "Artisan" growers. In other fields of endeavor like beer making and bread making, these skills are rewarded and a premium price is expected by both the customer AND the retailer at the wholesale level as compared to lesser or more mass produced products.

When it comes to MMJ though, at least so far, the only thing that is similar is that the customer is paying the premium, but the retailers are screwing over the Artisan growers in order to put more $$ into their own pocket! Until that injustice is corrected, this industry is never going to mature into something that works well for everyone involved.

I've got friends in other parts of the state that grow incredible weed, but you will never find it at a shop because they refuse to sell it at a loss. Thats why the best weed is still often off the street, cause the illegal dealers are willing to pay more for the same product.

Isn't that interesting? Like I said, there is definitely something wrong with the way things work right now. Mediocre growers are the main suppliers to far too many shops, but as long as the end customer keeps overpaying for what they get, the greedy shop owners will keep insluting growers of the best product, and that product will continue to be sold everywhere BUT the MMJ market!

so did potoon work or are you goin to get the paint mixer cheapskate
what happened to the dry ice?

Spoon drill failed horribly, I am doing it by hand with a wooden kitchen spoon. On second run of trim now. Will update once this run is done.

So James gave me a idea earlier. He mentioned mixing bubble hash with a drill and one of those cement mixer attachments. Well I didnt like the idea of paying 10 bucks for an attachment that I already had at home for free.

I present to you fellas, the drill-spoon-hashmaker-thingy-I... Its very scientific.

004932.JPG

Well no shit it failed lol, what are we making here bubble hash or spaghetti? :rofl: its all about having the right tool for the job Jimmy boy....$10 bucks coulda saved you A million dollars worth of hassle.....oh look who it is busting your balls again haha if I didn't though, who would? :rofl:

Well no shit it failed lol, what are we making here bubble hash or spaghetti? :rofl: its all about having the right tool for the job Jimmy boy....$10 bucks coulda saved you A million dollars worth of hassle.....oh look who it is busting your balls again haha if I didn't though, who would? :rofl:

getem grogreen!:)

Shit if you go back to page 20 or something I made some bomb ass weed spaghetti. Miwa tried it too. Never doubt the power of the spaghetti weed!

BTW like 10 more mins till new pics :)

Shit if you go back to page 20 or something I made some bomb ass weed spaghetti. Miwa tried it too. Never doubt the power of the spaghetti weed!

BTW like 10 more mins till new pics :)
LMFAO sounds delicious, much better than your saffron infused seafood, you know Jimmy, if you have one, little hand beaters work great too, you know the kind you use for cake mix and shit like that, the key is to get a good froth going on top, i just dont see a wooden spoon being capable of what your after here, im curious to see your results, ive been holding off on making my hash i have about a pound of shake/trimmings, but when I do it I wanna do it right. Must get essential utensils first lol

Well at first I was sifting it all out, and I pulled out the first bag, the 100-200 micron bag.
0021064.JPG

This made Jimmy sad. I almost quit right then and said wtf is this shit, but I decided to keep on trucking... and then
010562.JPG

008673.JPG

SHAZAM glob after glob of sticky, stinky, hash ;)

I do kinda regret using my credit cards to cut it all up though as they are now stuck together and I cant get the sticky off :(

rubbing alcahol
nice haul Jimmy that looks like a buzz waiting to happen:)

Back
Top Bottom