New Guy With Indoor - Outdoor Dreams

nice on the harvest so far Jimmy, carefull you dont poke your eye out with that tomato cages pungy stix poited up like that.
have a good time at the expo and bring me a cool mouse pad:)

I actually almost did poke my eye out the other night ;). I went in there with no lights on and bent down to grab buds and it hit my cheek :)

Very good Jimmy! You should get a much more even dry and cure after doing that, and as you see, you have some nice potent trimmings to use for rolling! :thumb:

Yeah and between you and I the trimmings will be basically just as equal in THC as the buds. Maybe slightly less but they are sure to be quite potent. And I think the 6.5 jars I got of the nicely manicured buds would fetch top or near top dollar now. Although I do wonder just how much stem I should get rid of. As I kept all the big spears on the stem and just used my best judgement on if I should keep it in or off the stem. I know me personally would want it on, but some people totally freak out about stems and think they weigh like a oz each lol.

Oh hey also, I got a question. Ok so if I go into a dispensary to buy some weed I obviously got to give them my information, then from my drivers license they will have my address (or arguably simply with my full name they would have my address). Since I grow at my house how does a grower selling to a dispensary prevent people at the dispensary from knowing his address? I only have 4 people in the world who know I grow and were. Two are family and two are friends for 30 years. I want to keep it that way. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I would go about this?

Wow I had to call around to like 12 different grocery stores... But I finally found it and it isnt too expensive like 1.50 a pound or something.

Maybe slightly less but they are sure to be quite potent. And I think the 6.5 jars I got of the nicely manicured buds would fetch top or near top dollar now. Although I do wonder just how much stem I should get rid of. As I kept all the big spears on the stem and just used my best judgement on if I should keep it in or off the stem. I know me personally would want it on, but some people totally freak out about stems and think they weigh like a oz each lol.

im a bud off the bone kind of fellow myself, i cut each and every stem out, for two reasons:

1.your going to cut it out when you smoke it anyways, why leave it on just to have to cut off later (since i dont sell i only smoke i prepare my buds during harvest for smoking, trimmed and de-stemmed) i guess ive never been one of those people that keep 8 inches worth of bud on a 1 foot stick, i always trimmed it down into more manageable sized nugs by eliminating the twig all together. I do keep the stem though for the bubble bag, it has a lot of trich's where the bud meets the stem, waste not want not :rollit:

2. the buds get a much more even dry and cure, imo, the weed left on the stem takes a heck of alot longer to dry than nicely trimmed buds removed from the branch, and the buds whole surface area is drying and curing evenly, instead of being attached to a stick that retains its moisture much longer than the buds will, causing the outside of the buds to dry faster then the area closest to the stem.

I hung mine a couple days, and when the outside was fairly dry i clipped every bud off its stem right into a cardboard box and within two days of being in the box my buds were dry and ready for the jars. Some people say 1-2 weeks for drying, I had 48 gram buds dry in 4 days by cutting it off the stem. Just some food for thought Jimmy boy, holy shit i almost forgot to mention, NICE FUCKING BUDS holy damn my mouth is watering, +reps and great harvest

I kinda want to have a little party and roll all the sugar leaf trimmings into one huge doobie ;).

I didnt weigh it but its about 1/6th full in a glass quart jar. Gotta be anywhere from 4-9 grams. I am a lightweight as I do not smoke tons and tons so a 9 gram joint may kill me... or at least kill all the food in my fridge with collateral damage ;)

I also can not figure out if I should kinda break up all the leaves in my pound of ghetto trimmings. At the moment they are all hole, not fully dry but semi dry. Also cant figure out if I should chop up the stems to use in the hash as well.

holy shit i almost forgot to mention, NICE FUCKING BUDS holy damn my mouth is watering, +reps and great harvest

Yeah they make my mouth water too ;) and I am telling ya the smell is 10 times as nice as the look with the Chem D

Still got 9 more plants till harvesting is over, and still got the biggest yielders... The OG Kush :D

Technically I have 3 OG Kushes to harvest. But one is only a foot tall lol. The others are a good 4 feet and wide as hell.

I also can not figure out if I should kinda break up all the leaves in my pound of ghetto trimmings. At the moment they are all hole, not fully dry but semi dry. Also cant figure out if I should chop up the stems to use in the hash as well.

if your leaves are still in the garbage bags i would certainly consider taking them out before they mold, put them in a cardboard box to dry, and ive always thrown my stem in the bubble bags, why not? only them stem that were once bud bearing branches though, the rest id imagine wouldnt be worth the hassle

Yeah they make my mouth water too ;) and I am telling ya the smell is 10 times as nice as the look with the Chem D

Still got 9 more plants till harvesting is over, and still got the biggest yielders... The OG Kush :D

Technically I have 3 OG Kushes to harvest. But one is only a foot tall lol. The others are a good 4 feet and wide as hell.

should be a great haul then :thumb: you want my address? maybe you can send me a care package? :) ive got none right now, waiting for these girls to hurry up and GROW

Wow I had to call around to like 12 different grocery stores... But I finally found it and it isnt too expensive like 1.50 a pound or something.

wow that is a good price. I think i paid like 3 bucks a pound but that was the only place in town that had it. A 9gr dub :blunt: OH that would be fun

Say hello to my little friend.

14317.JPG

I found him inside my yogurt cup from earlier lol. He must have hitched a ride inside along the Chem D. Well I took the lil fella outside and released him on the NYCD. Its good to know I have little friendly buggies out there besides all these stupid grasshoppers, caterpillars and spider mites.

Its crazy just how much he looks like a stem though. I had to do a triple take before I realized he is infact a praying mantis and not a weird stem ;). Its the first time I ever seen a praying mantis in the wild and hes a pretty big fella, a good 3 inches long.

Say hello to my little friend.

14317.JPG

I found him inside my yogurt cup from earlier lol. He must have hitched a ride inside along the Chem D. Well I took the lil fella outside and released him on the NYCD. Its good to know I have little friendly buggies out there besides all these stupid grasshoppers, caterpillars and spider mites.

Its crazy just how much he looks like a stem though. I had to do a triple take before I realized he is infact a praying mantis and not a weird stem ;). Its the first time I ever seen a praying mantis in the wild and hes a pretty big fella, a good 3 inches long.

How cool! Great photo! They are good luck ya know! :thumb:

I had a few on my plants a few weeks back as well! Can't remember what page in my journal those photos are now, but I got a couple of nice shots of my little friends too! I always like think think that if you find a mantis on one of your plants, that is a good omen for a plentiful harvest! :)

Hope you can find a nice safe home for him somewhere! I have always loved Praying Mantis! They seem sentient don't they? The way they can turn their heads and look at you is kind of eerie! Like a little alien from another world! ;)

He was pretty fucking fast too. I expected his ass to be all slow but when I put him on my black top desk he ran like a mouse to semi hide next to a water bottle.

But yeah I put him on my biggest NYCD, and if he finds no food on it there is a scrog net that will connect him easily to 5 other decent sized plants. So hopefully he stays there and his misses comes and they make babies :D. Theres gotta be more though considering just how big he is.

Oh btw goose, please go back a page and check out my question about dispensaries. It was sorta directed at you and James cause I figured you would both know.

Oh hey also, I got a question. Ok so if I go into a dispensary to buy some weed I obviously got to give them my information, then from my drivers license they will have my address (or arguably simply with my full name they would have my address). Since I grow at my house how does a grower selling to a dispensary prevent people at the dispensary from knowing his address? I only have 4 people in the world who know I grow and were. Two are family and two are friends for 30 years. I want to keep it that way. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I would go about this?

I was already a member of the dispensary that I deal with so they already had all my personal info. I'm not even sure if they can buy from someone who isn't registered with them to begin with.

Well technically the clonestore has my info and obviously knows I grow lol. However I always figured that even if they had some rogue employee who wanted to Rip some growers off they would go for one of those dudes who buys like 50-200 clones at a time. Not dinky lil me who gets like 2-10 at a time hehe ;).

Iono I guess I will have to get more info on places down here in Los angeles and Orange County or even Riverside and Kern county. just find one I feel wants to protect their growers and respects them, cause a lot of what I hear is so many places just what to price gouge growers hardcore and make them grow for free basically. A place like that likely does not care about the growers safety either.

I know a lot of other patients, its just not a lot of other patients know I grow hehe :). You guys and 4 people IRL are the only ones who know. Ok 5 people if you count the clone store. But to them I am a small fry growing shwag for all they know lol.

Not sure that just anyone can go in and sell their weed to dispensaries, I've watched a documentary about a grower that actually sells to dispensaries, and there is a lot of tedious inspections and requirements for your weed to even be considered medicinal quality. They inspect for things like bugs, previous bug damage, and from what I've seen they only consider the highest quality organically grown buds. If you've ever had to spray them ie. For spider mites, and other pests, it wouldn't be up to their standards. The documentary i saw profiled the grower throughout his grow, pretty sure i saw it on netflix actually, anyways they followed this grower around on his daily life and nearing harvest had a run in with spider mites on all of his plants, and he rectified the problem with a safe spray solution and when he brought his product to the dispensary for his pay day they inspected his nugs and found them not to be up to standard when they found bug damage and feces deeming his product unusable and he had to leave empty handed with all his buds. Poor guy....just something to look into :thumb:

Well technically the clonestore has my info and obviously knows I grow lol. However I always figured that even if they had some rogue employee who wanted to Rip some growers off they would go for one of those dudes who buys like 50-200 clones at a time. Not dinky lil me who gets like 2-10 at a time hehe ;).

Iono I guess I will have to get more info on places down here in Los angeles and Orange County or even Riverside and Kern county. just find one I feel wants to protect their growers and respects them, cause a lot of what I hear is so many places just what to price gouge growers hardcore and make them grow for free basically. A place like that likely does not care about the growers safety either.

I know a lot of other patients, its just not a lot of other patients know I grow hehe :). You guys and 4 people IRL are the only ones who know. Ok 5 people if you count the clone store. But to them I am a small fry growing shwag for all they know lol.

I've got two friends that I would turn to if anyone ever tried to rip me off...

Colt Python .357 Magnum and Browning 12 Gauge Pump. ;)

Believe me 99% of dispensaries take chem buds just as much as organic, and pesticide ridden ones too. We have all seen it. The movie you saw was probably trying to portray such businesses in a unrealistic light so that the general public would side on the side of MMJ as well as to promote higher prices in dispensaries by trying to advertise that they only have to upmost quality so the customer should expect to pay a huge premium.

When I say the Chem D is darn close to as good as it gets with taste, smell, and cleanness of burn, I speak the truth.

The dispensaries down here sell midgrades all the time too. I never seen straight shwag from Mexico. But I have seen stuff way below this quality.

@ Gooseman

I always got the shotgun ready to rock, but i would rather prevent the situation before it even starts :)

On another note I think I started flushing the OG Kush a bit too early. like 98% of the trichs still seem to be cloudy and maybe a few clear lol... Oh well its really swelled in the past week, cant complain.

OMG you just made me remember my dream last night though. Well it was a nightmare, and kinda lets you know I maybe have been a tad too involved with my gardening.

So in my dream I was harvesting some buds, trimming them up and all that stuff. And then I came to a bud and it was riddled with tiny caterpillars. Like 10-15 caterpillars all inside a golfball sized bud. The evil little fuckers are haunting my dreams now.

Back
Top Bottom