LED209, Indoor, Dumpster!

Great job led209 ive been here the whole time curious to see those mars in action very nice!
Congrats and enjoy

Not So Rookie Anymore

Hey lootz, thanks for following along these last few months! The mars lights performed well for sure, still thinking about making a switch to cobs in the near future

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey lootz, thanks for following along these last few months! The mars lights performed well for sure, still thinking about making a switch to cobs in the near future

I was sold on mars for a while!
And then just before i pulled the trigger i think jimmyjames905 was the first time i had seen them mentioned and now id rather hold out for the cobs!

Its nothing against mars i mean look at what they did for you!
Theres always going to be opinions on either side

But for me my hobby doesnt make me any money and i cant really afford to buy every product every time something else comes out.
Im sure theres another better light that will outlast and outperform cobs right around the corner.

But for now they seem to be the most economical in the end all around.

I do think ill purchase a mars in the future just to see but only after i have my cobs lol

Not So Rookie Anymore

Yea don't get me wrong the mars did wonders for me, I am very happy with what they did in this grow and I will probably use them again next grow.

My only problem was how many I needed to get the light coverage I wanted, and to be honest I could have used a couple more panels to achieve the same levels of light throughout. That's where cobs shine I think. Just consistent light distribution with the added efficiency.

And you are right about new tech. There will always be the next new thing. And I cannot afford to keep replacing equipment either.

I know cobs are going to cost me a lot more but I think to achieve the same light distribution I would have to buy more mars anyway and pay more on my electricity bill

Yea don't get me wrong the mars did wonders for me, I am very happy with what they did in this grow and I will probably use them again next grow.

My only problem was how many I needed to get the light coverage I wanted, and to be honest I could have used a couple more panels to achieve the same levels of light throughout. That's where cobs shine I think. Just consistent light distribution with the added efficiency.

And you are right about new tech. There will always be the next new thing. And I cannot afford to keep replacing equipment either.

I know cobs are going to cost me a lot more but I think to achieve the same light distribution I would have to buy more mars anyway and pay more on my electricity bill

Were on the same wavelength brother lol what were you thinking of doing as far as cobs? Your looking at a decent bill to fill that area lol

Im hoping to get a 9 cob light for my 3x3

Not So Rookie Anymore

Were on the same wavelength brother lol what were you thinking of doing as far as cobs? Your looking at a decent bill to fill that area lol

Im hoping to get a 9 cob light for my 3x3

Not So Rookie Anymore

Haha yea man I agree, I stopped in to check out your progress and those plants are getting fat brother! I'm getting a new either 4x8 tent or a 5x9. My initial thoughts for the set up where to do two separate scrogs (each 4x4) and make a build that would fit over the top of one and then put my mars over the other one and do a comparison Grow side by side. If they surpass the mars then I can build another one. If not then I'm only out half of what I would have spent. Seems like for a 4x4 I will still need atleast 12 but more like 16 cobs since most of what I see/read is a cob per sq foot. You thinking about Cree or the vero/citizen leds?

Haha yea man I agree, I stopped in to check out your progress and those plants are getting fat brother! I'm getting a new either 4x8 tent or a 5x9. My initial thoughts for the set up where to do two separate scrogs (each 4x4) and make a build that would fit over the top of one and then put my mars over the other one and do a comparison Grow side by side. If they surpass the mars then I can build another one. If not then I'm only out half of what I would have spent. Seems like for a 4x4 I will still need atleast 12 but more like 16 cobs since most of what I see/read is a cob per sq foot. You thinking about Cree or the vero/citizen leds?

Thats a very good idea.

I was thinking of the cree because there more efficient at lower wattages. And i dont really need to use that much power especially in such a small space. If need be i can turn it up to be more effective in a bigger area.

Again that flexibility to turn them up for a slightly bigger footprint with the same if not better par is why im so sold on them.

How were those mars as far as heat?

I was planning on going with active cooling. For the peace of mind.
Im really just want an effective light that produces with minimum heat so i can grow indoors during the hot months.
Without having to go above and beyond to cool it.

My hps works nice in the cold winter months

But in the summer i have to cool my house and the tent to keep things in check.

Without all that extra heat i dont need to spend so much money to cool it.
Again the cost effectiveness over an hid
Theres always goin to be heat but if i could spend less to get rid of it i could spend more elsewhere!

Not So Rookie Anymore

I never had any heat issues but I've always run my lights at night and kept them dark during the day time. So it never got above 80 degrees, most of the time it stayed at 75. I keep my thermostat set at 70 in the winter so if it says anything I guess it was 5 degrees hotter in my tent? Lol.
I've never run hps but I've heard others have the same issue as you. I don't grow inside during the summer because of the heat and all that free sunshine outside.
Yea I figure if I'm going to go that route I should go cree too. I prob won't do it until October but I'll be sure to make a journal comparing the two. Should be a fun experiment, have you looked at the timber grow lights?

I never had any heat issues but I've always run my lights at night and kept them dark during the day time. So it never got above 80 degrees, most of the time it stayed at 75. I keep my thermostat set at 70 in the winter so if it says anything I guess it was 5 degrees hotter in my tent? Lol.
I've never run hps but I've heard others have the same issue as you. I don't grow inside during the summer because of the heat and all that free sunshine outside.
Yea I figure if I'm going to go that route I should go cree too. I prob won't do it until October but I'll be sure to make a journal comparing the two. Should be a fun experiment, have you looked at the timber grow lights?

Hey sorry i didnt see your response!
but i actually went ahead and purchased the
250w clu048-1212 from timber
Unfortunately i cant grow outside tho id love to!
I went with the clu to save a little bit of money to spend elsewhere in my grow.

Im still waiting on it but its the focus of my new journal so be sure to check it out!

Sent from my LGLS775 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So here are the final harvest results this grow, the have been curing in jars now for about a week after hanging for 6 days, this is the weight as of today

I got 30 ounces of straight top cola buds like in the first two photos. I could not be happier with those nugs! Just everyone i pull out of the jar looks exactly like these. Amazing

186c58b39585c45d851b9cdd4821dfe3.jpg

cc23a04498b620b8ec6b97bc50fbdee0.jpg

I got a little over six ounces of smaller/lower nugs that I cut off three days after. Still really dense stuff and great smoke. The taste isn't really intense. It's a fresh taste with a hint of citrus and the exhale gives a bit of earth/indica funk. The smell is the same but more of the fresh/citrus until you break it apart to roll it, that's when it can fill the room.

I also got a little over 7 ounces of awesome trim and buds I just really didn't feel like trimming at that point. I planned on making butter and some concentrates with it anyway which I just ran some and it's awesome. Made some crumble out of the trim as well. So there you have it! I completely blew past my goal and surpassed my expectations.

22390dbfc4792c0576510d6118d13d69.jpg

damn that looks like some fine smoke.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom