1-800-Smeegs Does Coco

Morning mr.K it is raining as we speak brother only thing that niggles my worries outside... And I saw yesterday morning my lights have started blowing a cpl led strips got 5 down in half measures sadly ( stupid Chinese lights.....) I can replace them but it wil be wasted money down the drain as could've put those finances towards the qb's I've been looking at but not going to happen in the next cpl months though....:lot-o-toke:

So bit gutted by this whole crapshoot now as its only good for veg now as will have to flower outside and bring them in at night....grrrr

Hey Smeegs, really nice setup and space. Love the strains man, they are looking beautiful. :ganjamon:
Can i ask where you got those LED's from? are you happy with them so far?
I have never grown with LED but i am considering getting a couple as supplemental lighting for my grow.

Welcome to the dark side lol

I like mars hydro units they just released some new stuff. I know you didn’t ask me so sorry for that in advance . My two cheap cents of the day!
:passitleft::Namaste:

Buy cheap, buy twice, I guess.

What is happening to them, do they shut off completely? LED's are not supposed to do that, I'd take a multimeter and ring everything through for bad soldering.

Buy cheap, buy twice is correct brother......grrr but I knew what I was letting myself in for. My dad is an electrician and checked them out and agrees its crappy Chinese products that are made to turn a quick buck. They are basically glorified veg lights on their way out.....

Hey Smeegs, really nice setup and space. Love the strains man, they are looking beautiful. :ganjamon:
Can i ask where you got those LED's from? are you happy with them so far?
I have never grown with LED but i am considering getting a couple as supplemental lighting for my grow.

They came from China mall in Jozi I'm sure you have something similiar down your way. As supplemental lighting they'll do fine but short lifetime of 2 and half months so far, R118.95 each.
But I will say they work like nobody's business, I'm looking at the qb320w from growopz but at R6999 not going to pull the trigger yet...

Welcome to the dark side lol

I like mars hydro units they just released some new stuff. I know you didn’t ask me so sorry for that in advance . My two cheap cents of the day!
:passitleft::Namaste:

Morning mr.Joe hell brother I'll take those 2 cents any day brother as you've dropped a lot of excellent 2 cents all round everyone's garden brother and sharing is caring brother..... :snowboating: I'm looking at qb320w v2 here at home that another lad on my whatsapp group is using and he's well impressed with it.

I've looked at Mars but it's the blurple that throws me off, I don't mind blurple pics as there's something bout them I like but not to grow with I don't think as the color would drive me potty.....haha

But you a champ for thinking bout me brother...

Buy cheap, buy twice is correct brother......grrr but I knew what I was letting myself in for. My dad is an electrician and checked them out and agrees its crappy Chinese products that are made to turn a quick buck. They are basically glorified veg lights on their way out.....

They came from China mall in Jozi I'm sure you have something similiar down your way. As supplemental lighting they'll do fine but short lifetime of 2 and half months so far, R118.95 each.
But I will say they work like nobody's business, I'm looking at the qb320w from growopz but at R6999 not going to pull the trigger yet...

Morning mr.Joe hell brother I'll take those 2 cents any day brother as you've dropped a lot of excellent 2 cents all round everyone's garden brother and sharing is caring brother..... :snowboating: I'm looking at qb320w v2 here at home that another lad on my whatsapp group is using and he's well impressed with it.

I've looked at Mars but it's the blurple that throws me off, I don't mind blurple pics as there's something bout them I like but not to grow with I don't think as the color would drive me potty.....haha

But you a champ for thinking bout me brother...
The mars so light series are white light like qb boards but cheaper.

Hog still has solid lights specially v2 serious . That should do you wonders lol

So bit gutted by this whole crapshoot now as its only good for veg now as will have to flower outside and bring them in at night....grrrr
Careful where you decide to leave them when you do bring them in Smeegs, I was letting my lemon haze flower outside and bringing her in at night and it ended up causing some mold problems for me because it was staying damp overnight.

Morning everyone, I found the chilli/garlic wasn't that effective against thrips or spiders, I'm still applying Neem at 5ml to 1lt water and cpl dops of soap. But I found the Neem sucked moisture from the leaves or I may be imagining it...lol
But I'm using Ludwigs organic incesticide for the 1st time tonight when the girls wake up so will see how that goes, the yellow traps I just need to get my hands on them.....

Thank you all for the help and insight..... :snowboating:
Hi Smeegs. I am catching up on this thread slowly. Lots of interesting things people are saying. I am looking forward to later posts to find out how your battle with the bugs turns out. It was my battle with bugs that brought me to this site a few weeks ago, and prompted me to keep a recovery journal / grow journal for my plants. Whilst you are growing indoor and your conditions and processes are different from mine, I am learning about the coco medium. I like the look of your set up.

Hey hey cheers guys.... :snowboating:

Just a bit quiet this side the girls stretched due to me trying to raise/lower plants instead of lights so I took them outside to do some lst and super crop but it's not that easy as it looks. Super cropping half a plant is not a good idea. So got some squat bushes now....live and learn...haha
I got rid of the thrips that were around but it the mites that harass the girls continuously sadly....
This fungal insecticide I used in combination with the gnat specific bacillus, is fairly broad spectrum and could possibly work on your bugs too. It comes in a bag dry and you make a solution that is applied to the coco. It attaches itself to and grows on the bugs, killing them in the process, so it is not an instant fix, but that seems to have worked for my gnat infestation. I used one yellow sticky card and it is now covered in gnats.

Careful where you decide to leave them when you do bring them in Smeegs, I was letting my lemon haze flower outside and bringing her in at night and it ended up causing some mold problems for me because it was staying damp overnight.

Hey hey mr.Tommyz how ya doing brother, I carry them in and out every day as they spend the night on a semi enclosed porch now that my cousins moved in and I lost my indoor grow room and nursery but I'm planning to fully close the porch in with some 80-100% shade netting if I can find it in my 1 horse town.....
But I see wpm is very prosperous this year country wide as growers all over are bemoaning the damn stuff...haha

Hi Smeegs. I am catching up on this thread slowly. Lots of interesting things people are saying. I am looking forward to later posts to find out how your battle with the bugs turns out. It was my battle with bugs that brought me to this site a few weeks ago, and prompted me to keep a recovery journal / grow journal for my plants. Whilst you are growing indoor and your conditions and processes are different from mine, I am learning about the coco medium. I like the look of your set up.

Thank you ms.Carmen if I can offer any advice its stay away from cheap Chinese lights as mine lasted only 2 months....

This fungal insecticide I used in combination with the gnat specific bacillus, is fairly broad spectrum and could possibly work on your bugs too. It comes in a bag dry and you make a solution that is applied to the coco. It attaches itself to and grows on the bugs, killing them in the process, so it is not an instant fix, but that seems to have worked for my gnat infestation. I used one yellow sticky card and it is now covered in gnats.

What was the name of the fungal incesticide as I'd like to have a look at it if you don't mind sharing.... I've been using those fly traps as can't find the cards but keep getting buds stuck in the fly traps ....haha

Morning @Smeegol
I tried the cinamon and it seemed to help with the gnats. I have just transplanted all the plants into new soil/bigger pots. So no gnats for the time being.
I see folk using sticky cards and puting them in the pots. Guess your buds can't get stuck in the ground on paper. Hehe

Hey hey mr.Tommyz how ya doing brother, I carry them in and out every day as they spend the night on a semi enclosed porch now that my cousins moved in and I lost my indoor grow room and nursery but I'm planning to fully close the porch in with some 80-100% shade netting if I can find it in my 1 horse town.....
But I see wpm is very prosperous this year country wide as growers all over are bemoaning the damn stuff...haha

Thank you ms.Carmen if I can offer any advice its stay away from cheap Chinese lights as mine lasted only 2 months....

What was the name of the fungal incesticide as I'd like to have a look at it if you don't mind sharing.... I've been using those fly traps as can't find the cards but keep getting buds stuck in the fly traps ....haha
Hey Smeegs, thanks for the lights tip. I probably would have gone cheap first to try, but if the day does come that I need to use lights, I will pick your brain again. The fungus is called Bioinsek, and if you look for Jamiesgardenshop you will find an assortment of great stuff. The bascillus is a Margaret Roberts product used for treating against mozzies. I did use Diatomaceous Earth too by the way, and that forced the adults to fly out and find their way to the yellow trap. I bought my yellow trap online from the same place I got the Margaret Roberts, Hydroponic coza

Morning @Smeegol
I tried the cinamon and it seemed to help with the gnats. I have just transplanted all the plants into new soil/bigger pots. So no gnats for the time being.
I see folk using sticky cards and puting them in the pots. Guess your buds can't get stuck in the ground on paper. Hehe

Morning brother glad to hear cinnamon worked out for you, another remedy is collecting a cpl eggshells and grinding them up it works similiar to diat earth as well.....
Those yellow pads would work wonders but I get irritated with that stickyness as I seem to attract those pads more efficiently than the beasties I'm trying to conquer....haha

Hey Smeegs, thanks for the lights tip. I probably would have gone cheap first to try, but if the day does come that I need to use lights, I will pick your brain again. The fungus is called Bioinsek, and if you look for Jamiesgardenshop you will find an assortment of great stuff. The bascillus is a Margaret Roberts product used for treating against mozzies. I did use Diatomaceous Earth too by the way, and that forced the adults to fly out and find their way to the yellow trap. I bought my yellow trap online from the same place I got the Margaret Roberts, Hydroponic coza

Hydro.co.za is a favourite of mine I won't lie, got a garden shop bout 2 hours away near pmb that I'd like to visit as they also have similiar goodies and it's closer to home but it's taking a day off to do it that's the hiccup.....

I did find out something very interesting that I want to explore a bit more, don't know if you familiar with the product " Nitrosol ", my boet pointed out over the weekend that nitrosol can be used in hydro applications stated on the bottle so I'm going to try rearing a clone or 2 through veg phase with this in coco and see how it does....

Back
Top Bottom