1080w LED Inferno

Your plants are looking green, bushy and beautiful.

nice job bro!

Thank you sir. i am very happy so far how things are turning out. they really bushed up on me, that runt girls has some huge fan leafs, i think its from the Silica and H2O2, i read they will do that. but everything is very healthy. 6.0PH is where their happy at both in perlite and SS mix. have i have been watering in one spot the last 4 times and they seem not to mind at all. i think it also helps to keep the peat-moss from messing with things too much. makes sense right?

Yeah IMO they should of given u a free sample, especially for one plant..

Of course they only give out free samples (when you buy their stuff :rofl:)..The price is almost double that of GH. So I guess it's the least they can do if your spending that kind of dough..

I think the agro product Mfg. have the wrong concept about samples.
I went to the hydro store to buy a product, told the "clerk" what I wanted talked
about it for a few minutes, spent a few minutes reading the labels of similar products, bought & paid for the one I wanted and then the clerk gave me a sample of what I just bought, with the sample I won't even open the qrt. of product I bought for months-LOL.
Doh.
John Whorfin.
PS- I used to work somewhere and we offered samples of our products, they were the last-no not even on the priority list, until a month or so before a trade show.
Just FYI

ya i talked to AN on the phone and they told me they wont give out a sample unless i am a customer that buys their product. its cool i dont really care about hand outs i was just thinking it would be cool for all of use to see what works better and what product works best for our money spent. what i use works fine and i wont spend the money to try something els that i haven't see do great results. to be honest allot of AN using seem to use GH at the end. so that tells me its not a whole lot better. I would not change GH as my base nutes, they seems to always work great for me. look at Doc Buds grow AN was getting beat buy a $14 TR fert. I just dont like all their claims they make so ive never tried them, i do believe they do have some good products but dislike how they dont mix things in with each other yet break them down to make more money. Ive notice now they are mixing things.

I do really enjoy reading their magazine's they always have good info and do study our plants. but as of now their just not for me. i still think they a good nutes though

I think sexy, lush and green is an understatement, those are looking amazing, I used amazing cause there is not a word that justifies how those plants are coming along. Its just the only one I could come up with that is even close. Very, very nice job

Yeah IMO they should of given u a free sample, especially for one plant..

Of course they only give out free samples (when you buy their stuff :rofl:)..The price is almost double that of GH. So I guess it's the least they can do if your spending that kind of dough..

i thought they would love to go against GH kool bloom since they always hype up the big bud compared to it. he asked if i was going to buy some of their products and i said no.lol. told him they have good costumer service, but if it ant broke dont fix it, and that their nutes were too much money for me to just try out and take a chance. then he said their was a you tube video that showed how much better AN was compared to GH, i started busting up, and said the video that AN made? ya that not bias for sure.lol. i also asked him why they copy all the others nutes and make you the same and say their better? he could answer it. copy GH 3 part, my bud blaster. its just crazy a company with that much money can send out a sample to do 1 or 2 plants.

I understand though i am sure many growers just grow off of free samples and never buy any. but its also funny that they will give me a sample of the stuff i just bought. then thats not a sample, whats to sample when i just bought some?lol

I think sexy, lush and green is an understatement, those are looking amazing, I used amazing cause there is not a word that justifies how those plants are coming along. Its just the only one I could come up with that is even close. Very, very nice job

Thank you that truly means allot to here that. i cant wait to see how these flower? any day i will flip the switch

i thought they would love to go against GH kool bloom since they always hype up the big bud compared to it. he asked if i was going to buy some of their products and i said no.lol. told him they have good costumer service, but if it ant broke dont fix it, and that their nutes were too much money for me to just try out and take a chance. then he said their was a you tube video that showed how much better AN was compared to GH, i started busting up, and said the video that AN made? ya that not bias for sure.lol. i also asked him why they copy all the others nutes and make you the same and say their better? he could answer it. copy GH 3 part, my bud blaster. its just crazy a company with that much money can send out a sample to do 1 or 2 plants.

I understand though i am sure many growers just grow off of free samples and never buy any. but its also funny that they will give me a sample of the stuff i just bought. then thats not a sample, whats to sample when i just bought some?lol

Well it is their loss. I bet Mike's (GLH) revenue went up a bunch after your grow journal was complete. Mike had faith in his product and supported your efforts. One has to ask a question, either AN doesn't follow the forums and doesn't understand the potential exposure (powerful product marketing tool) or they are concerned about how they will fair in a neutral head to head comparison. I bet it is the latter. :grinjoint:

Well it is their loss. I bet Mike's (GLH) revenue went up a bunch after your grow journal was complete. Mike had faith in his product and supported your efforts. One has to ask a question, either AN doesn't follow the forums and doesn't understand the potential exposure (powerful product marketing tool) or they are concerned about how they will fair in a neutral head to head comparison. I bet it is the latter. :grinjoint:

ya i am sure Mike did profit off of my grow, witch is cool as long as i got good results, i am a true believer in advertisement if you have a good product. the thing i like about mike is he wasn't trying to push his lights hard core he just let the lights speak for them selfs and i am down for that 100%. i am a blunt person and call it how i see it, thats why some led company's dont like me.lol. but i dont make money from leds so why should i BS other members for someone to profit?
It's really sad when newbies that dont know better get lied to and spend their hard earned money on something that doesn't work as said.

I was wondering the same thing about AN. its one or the other. It could have helped their sales and if it did good i would have started using their products, but guess ill never know now.lol. doesnt matter what i have works good ive tested them many times and see with my own eyes. the only ones i have tested allot were the Kool bloom and MOAB. the others i have a few times.

infra-red thermometer

Although not strictly a requirement, they are highly useful - and not just for growing.

I wonder if the results had anything to do with them doing the grow.LMAO.

I wouldn't wish to infer that ANY manufacturer or retailer might be less than perfectly above-board in all things; I tend to give the benefit of the doubt wherever possible unless and until it is proven otherwise.

But it must be said that an unbiased individual with absolutely no commercial interest one way or the other in any of the products concerned is going to give the impression of being more honest. That's just the way it is - and why "conflict of interest" is an official legal term.

you know they have the money to send a sample to test out

I don't know, lol. Having both a marketing department and keeping "a team of top scientists working night and day" is bound to cost the big bucks, wouldn't you think?

Of course since their own website, when it mentions the three businessmen who founded the business, places "business, marketing" before "horticulture, and engineering" when listing their "extensive combined experience in" - so I suppose that it's possible that they are "better able to leverage their marketing dollars to maximum advantage" (the bit between that last pair of quotes is mine). I couldn't say with one way or the other with any certainty.

so it really makes me wonder if they have a fear of some of the other brands i am using?

I don't know, man. The statements on their (spiffy, I must admit) website certainly lead me to believe that they're the best and most popular brand of all of the available brands of nutrients/supplements.

Of course you could place many of the same claims on a number of their competitors' websites and nobody would have a valid claim for libel. I read that web forums have people who love their products. But... Hey, PitViper, how are you liking your General Hydroponics products, lol? And a short session with the search engine could produce other growers that just love their particular brand-of-choice. Part of that is because some growers have tried several different brands/combinations and have settled on what works the best for them. Part of it is because sometimes when a grower is starting to grow for the first time, he/she is - to put it kindly - perhaps not the world's best grower, and as said grower switches to other brands in order to try them he/she is also learning HOW to grow and therefore it is more likely (all things being equal) that the products that are tried in latter grows produce better results - because the grower has in the meantime learned more about growing. And part of it is because many growers will choose a product line based on whatever reasoning they use to decide, successfully produce a harvest, and decide that the product line must be outstanding - because look, ma, they got BUDZ (lol).

i know they copied Bud blaster but claimed to have better indigents or something. to be honest i wasn't really looking forward to using them that much, ive seen allot of growers using AN go back to GH. i really wanted to try the FF cha ching.

I'm sure that I've thanked you for doing what you do in a public forum - if I haven't, I should have - but I'll take a second to "say" thanks again for trying things that others haven't tried and to do comparisons between different products that purport to have like functions. If you guys got a nickel for every dollar that you've ubdoubtedly saved the members, well, you'd have a bunch of nickels.

nope i am done with the swamp coolers. not worth the money to me, taking it back. tomorrow i am going to put a big a/c unit in a near by room. and vent from that room. hopefully that will help out when its 100+F* ill see if its enough venting to keep them cool?

If you can swing it in your setup, a/c beats swamp cooler because a swamp cooler works by humidifying the air (blowing air across a wet surface with a fan causes evaporation, which requires (or to put it another way, uses) heat but then that moisture is in the air in the form of water-vapor. Air is cooler at that point so while the absolute humidity has gone up, the relative humidity has gone up even more. So you turn around and throw a dehumidifier into the mix - which works (sort of) in reverse fashion; it condenses the water-vapor back into water, causing it to "give up" its heat to the environment (and through a process that itself creates heat). The two are "duking it out." An a/c dehumidifies the air as a by-product of its cooling-affect.

funny i got an e-mail back from AN and this is what they said. funny how they wont send me some samples but i might get some if i buy their products..lol. No Thanks Ill stick to GH.. i did not expect a company with all that money to not give out free samples, does not look good on them after they bash GH all the time

Nice form-letter. I'm not sure, but I think maybe I like the one from FoxFarm a little bit better. But anyway, lol:

Since you mentioned GH in that paragraph and context, here's something from a "lowly";) competitor. I know this guy, right? (Well, it can be said with complete honesty that I talk to him from time to time.) He decided to write to GH even though he didn't expect much, them being an established company that's been selling, producing, YES researching too, and also donating both products, design ideas, and in some cases labor to various projects, educational venues, and third-world countries for a few decades now and all.

This is paraphrased but believed to be accurate in the main. This guy emailed GH and stated that he might be interested in trying FloraBlend, FloraNectar, and Floralicious plus, except that, "That kind of stuff is, like, expensive, innit? Do these products actually WORK? If so, how well do they work? If I told you what I currently used, could you compare them for me?"

Someone from General Hydroponics wrote back and said, "Well, I could do that - but why don't you just email me your name and address and you can start finding out for yourself in a week or two when I ship you some of them?"

The guy replied with (something to the affect of), "Oh, you have sample bottles? Cool!" and included his information.

He got another reply which stated, "Sample bottles? LOL. Have fun trying your samples."

So the guy got free samples. He got a QUART bottle of FloraBlend, a QUART bottle of FloraNectar, and a small bottle of Floralicious Plus (I guess it's meant to be used in 1/5th or so amounts that the other two would be?).

He then emailed back profusely expressing his thanks and appreciation and asked if maybe the wrong package was shipped due to the size of the samples (just shipping them probably cost a few bucks) sent.

The GH contact replied (and probably had a good laugh while doing so) that, sure, they could probably start making up tiny little bottles of everything that would require folks to use a magnifying glass to read the micro-sized labels - and that a lot of people would still be so appreciative of the fact that they actually received a response that was written on the spot by a human being (let alone, retail-sized bottles of products) instead of just a form-letter that they would feel good about the experience and purchase some stuff from GH. But that that wasn't their way - that people ought to be able to at least go through a small sample-sized grow using their samples and that way the growers could decide for themselves how the products worked (or not). And that if the products did work, their cost would be more than offset by the fact that the user would be more inclined to purchase more of it in the future and in any event it seemed like a better way to go about things than to just spend that amount of money on advertising and marketing. Also something to the affect that "When you try them out for yourself, if you are happy with the results, you'll tell a few friends and that'll carry a lot more weight with them than any shiny ad copy. And if when you try them, you AREN'T happy with them you'll tell a lot more friends and no amount of ad copy is likely to help." And that they "had a pretty good idea" that the products worked.

I got a kick of hearing about it.

I think the agro product Mfg. have the wrong concept about samples.
I went to the hydro store to buy a product, told the "clerk" what I wanted talked
about it for a few minutes, spent a few minutes reading the labels of similar products, bought & paid for the one I wanted and then the clerk gave me a sample of what I just bought, with the sample I won't even open the qrt. of product I bought for months-LOL.
Doh.

Next time you're interested in a new product, try contacting the manufacturer. Include details such as the products that you currently use, what reason(s) you have for wishing to try their product, et cetera. Be polite and positive and if you've heard/read anything good about that product or the brand, mention it. Not all manufacturers offer free samples - but MANY of them do. After all, if you end up with a product (whether you had to pay for it, it was a sample, or a gift) and it gives results that you like, you're going to purchase more of it, right? They know this! It's not like people are leaching from the manufacturers and are trying to get infinite free grows. Sending out products to try when those products have to be regularly replenished is good business sense and covered under "the cost of doing business." Not to mention that they know that treating a customer like they actually VALUE that customer's business is important.

PS- I used to work somewhere and we offered samples of our products, they were the last-no not even on the priority list, until a month or so before a trade show.
Just FYI

That can happen but it can also work both ways. I've heard of places that produce a certain number of samples at any given time and that when there's a major trade show that they're probably going to take them all to the show and return without any (which makes sense because of the large amount of potential customers that they encounter there). But I've also heard of places that have responded to inquiries with something along the lines of, "Yes, we do generally offer sample-sized samples (lol) but at this time they are all dedicated to (an upcoming trade show/event). The guys in the back told me that it's going to be a while before more are available and from your location I can tell that you aren't near any shows. So I'll just go ahead and send you some full-sized bottles."

And another person that I talked to emailed the company that makes/sells the Rich Earth products (mainstream gardening stuff (OMRI-certified) but with an impressive ingredients list that looks like over 50% of the periodic table of elements, lol) and got a reply from the owner(!) of the company. A couple of back and forth emails and the (rather nice) lady that owns the company stated, "I'm not located at the warehouse but in the office. We don't have samples here but I've got some of each (of the three) product(s) that we carry up here for my own use. Would you mind terribly if I sent you those?" and then sent some fairly large containers of the stuff that were at least half-full.

So you never can tell, and when it's all said and done, it doesn't hurt to ask. And you can always try asking at your local hydroponics store if all else fails since the same companies that send samples to prospective customers also routinely send them to the stores with the intentions of them being given to people to try.

The price is almost double that of GH.

How odd. Their website makes a point to state that their products are the best value. I guess that must mean that they will produce at least double of what GH's products produce then (since to be a better value, it would have to be at least slightly more than the same factor that the price is higher, right?

I really was hoping to get to see these products in action in the real-world by someone that I have learned to trust from reading previous journals. But I guess I can understand your reticence to spend your money to obtain the products if the manufacturer doesn't (appear to) trust the product enough to feel that the possibility that you'll get results that are good enough - that is to say, better than other like products - to cause you to purchase it in the future would offset the actual cost for them to produce the product and ship it to you.

BUT - isn't AN a sponsor here? Maybe if an email is sent requesting it, one of the people at the company would respond here and give their reasons (there may be valid ones that none of us have thought of? Or they just might not like sending out samples which is of course their right) or at least be willing to discuss the product in question in relation to the products that you are going to be testing. I assume after looking at some of their labels, product names, and ads that they're definitely NOT afraid of a cannabis-related venue, lol.

I didn't realize what a long post I'd typed in until I had to scroll past it to get to the reply button, lol. <WHEW!>

he asked if i was going to buy some of their products and i said no.lol. told him they have good costumer service, but if it ant broke dont fix it, and that their nutes were too much money for me to just try out and take a chance.

Irish, man, you know I'm in your corner, lol, but might I respectfully suggest that you might have been just a little different in your approach? I mean, like it or not, the choice to send products to any one individual is made by the person that the individual talks to and many people like to be, well, stroked:grinjoint:.

"Mr. Irish, are you going to buy some of our products?"

-"Well, you know, I'm generally satisfied with what I'm using now but I can't help but wonder if I might be limiting myself - if there are, in fact, better products out there. And I've heard many good things about your line in general and particularly the fact that (oh, I don't know, haha, spend a minute looking at their ads and regurgitate a few statements that they seem to be the most proud of). So in answer to your question, yes I absolutely WILL be purchasing your products in the future if you are kind enough to allow me to try them out and I am able to personally get the kind of results that I've been hearing about. Oh, and by the way, assuming that I do get good results, would you mind if I tell my friends and post some reviews and pictures on a few web forums that I belong to? I would want everyone to have a chance to learn about your fine products..."

I'm not saying that it would have given you different results with this or any one particular company - but in many cases when you're dealing with a business (and especially one in which the big-wigs are ad-men), this sort of thing is more likely to provoke a positive reaction than a fresh young hooker in a cathouse.

And, err... I feel kind of dirty for some reason. I'll just run off and take a quick shower now, shall I?

but its also funny that they will give me a sample of the stuff i just bought. then thats not a sample, whats to sample when i just bought some?lol

I've seen that sort of thing back in the day - and read about it - in completely different types of business environments <COUGH>mafia<COUGH>. But they didn't really refer to it as a sample program. I think the word most often used was kickoff or fullback, or something like that. I really cannot remember, exactly.

One has to ask a question, either AN doesn't follow the forums and doesn't understand the potential exposure (powerful product marketing tool) or they are concerned about how they will fair in a neutral head to head comparison. I bet it is the latter. :grinjoint:

It isn't out of the realm of possibility that "Big Mike" might not follow forums like this one. I think when I saw references to AN in Google searches back before I found this fine forum that when a person that was involved in a discussion about AN turned out to actually be from the company itself, it was only an employee and not an owner. So it could be.

But I'd just about bet a million dollars to one of your shiny new pennies that they know ALL about product-exposure and marketing tools and know how to use both to the fullest extent allowed by law.

And as for your third possibility, I do not know enough about things to even make an educated guess one way or the other and wouldn't want to suggest anything that might not be true so I shan't comment on it.

I didn't realize what a long post I'd typed in until I had to scroll past it to get to the reply button, lol. <WHEW!>

Irish, man, you know I'm in your corner, lol, but might I respectfully suggest that you might have been just a little different in your approach? I mean, like it or not, the choice to send products to any one individual is made by the person that the individual talks to and many people like to be, well, stroked:grinjoint:.

"Mr. Irish, are you going to buy some of our products?"

-"Well, you know, I'm generally satisfied with what I'm using now but I can't help but wonder if I might be limiting myself - if there are, in fact, better products out there. And I've heard many good things about your line in general and particularly the fact that (oh, I don't know, haha, spend a minute looking at their ads and regurgitate a few statements that they seem to be the most proud of). So in answer to your question, yes I absolutely WILL be purchasing your products in the future if you are kind enough to allow me to try them out and I am able to personally get the kind of results that I've been hearing about. Oh, and by the way, assuming that I do get good results, would you mind if I tell my friends and post some reviews and pictures on a few web forums that I belong to? I would want everyone to have a chance to learn about your fine products..."

I'm not saying that it would have given you different results with this or any one particular company - but in many cases when you're dealing with a business (and especially one in which the big-wigs are ad-men), this sort of thing is more likely to provoke a positive reaction than a fresh young hooker in a cathouse.

And, err... I feel kind of dirty for some reason. I'll just run off and take a quick shower now, shall I?

I've seen that sort of thing back in the day - and read about it - in completely different types of business environments <COUGH>mafia<COUGH>. But they didn't really refer to it as a sample program. I think the word most often used was kickoff or fullback, or something like that. I really cannot remember, exactly.

It isn't out of the realm of possibility that "Big Mike" might not follow forums like this one. I think when I saw references to AN in Google searches back before I found this fine forum that when a person that was involved in a discussion about AN turned out to actually be from the company itself, it was only an employee and not an owner. So it could be.

But I'd just about bet a million dollars to one of your shiny new pennies that they know ALL about product-exposure and marketing tools and know how to use both to the fullest extent allowed by law.

And as for your third possibility, I do not know enough about things to even make an educated guess one way or the other and wouldn't want to suggest anything that might not be true so I shan't comment on it.

Ill qote this one but the other one is too long for me to reply to right now, i am too high and my typing is slow.lol.. but its was a very too post:bravo:

now i didnt come off like an ass hole when i talked to him, but after being told that i cant get a sample no matter what unless i buy something, and trying to convenience me that their stuff is better then this and that doesnt go well with me. ask other led company's that hate me.lol. i only said that to him after he was trying to convenience me to spend money and buy their products to try them out. and i told him no, what i have works.

I am a straight up guy with know BS, and am not looking for a shit load of free samples to do grows with, all i asked for was enough to use on 1 plant and a final bloom enhancer. I dont really care if someone gives me a free sample or not, if i truly wanted to have some i would buy some. but when a company says BS like we dont have none or whatever, then that makes me have doubt. Trust me ive seen how to write letter to get free nutes kinda like you said, ive seen many others do that and have a shit load from lots of company's. but i dont want to do that. i just wanted a little bottle to test out so we can all see what works. i know my bloom enhancers work for sure, thats why i own them. i have enough to last me a long time, and i dont need more nutes to add. ive tried all the nutes i have but never side by side and they all worked, but its time to do some cleaning and see what the best from what i have and toss out the rest.

Bro I talked to GH, because my dry Kool bloom is kinda old, so i told them what i was doing and asked if these nutes would be ok for how old they are and they told me it will be fine, but they will send me some different bottles of both kool blooms and FL+ and some others, i told them no thanks! i am not looking for tons of free shit, GH was more then happy to go against AN. but the fact they were willing to send me all kinds of free stuff makes me have allot more easier time spending money on their products.

I under stand lots of people just grow off of free samples and never buy nutes so company's watch what they give out. but i just asked for enough to bloom one plant have the very end of flowering. so i dont see that miking the system?

either way this test will still be fun to see because all the enhancers are some top ones. Gravity, Bud Blaster, Kool Bloom, and MOAB. MOAB is the one i really want to mess with, ive heard nothing but great things about that, but i still think Bud Blaster might be on top? i dont know is new to my nute family so i need to see whats what? gravity is also great stuff, u can throw a nug at your friend and knock him of because it will be so dense.lol. kool bloom never used it but here good things.

the company's that didnt want to join its fine, but its was a good deal for them to get some exposer. and i am sorry to those who wanted to see what those products could do. i tried. but i wasn't trying to sweet talk them, i just threw the cards on the table and as seeing if they wanted to buy in to see the flop.

I under stand lots of people just grow off of free samples and never buy nutes so company's watch what they give out. but i just asked for enough to bloom one plant have the very end of flowering. so i dont see that miking the system?

lol that reminds me - last year some time I was looking at websites of products that I'd heard about but never tried and I looked at the bio buzz (bizz) site. There was actually a "click to request free samples" link button right on the main page. And there was also a two-paragraph text in the middle of that main page bitching at some guy because he was apparently trying to score multiple samples using multiple email addresses, got nailed, and went off on them as if here some kind of wrongfully accused innocent party. So biobizz wasn't exactly... charitable in their words.:grinjoint:

o, teh lulz.

hey irish your girls are looking really good. They look to be about hmmm 12-18in. I always forget how fast they grow in soil less or at least mostly soil less mediums. They seem to be hitting their stride. You said they are in 3gal buckets. Did you use 5gal on the last crop? If so are you using 3's now because of the mostly hydro set up you got going now? Sorry to hear about AN and FF would have been cool 2 see but maybe you would have po'd their sales and marketing departments lol Thats buisness i guess. I was worth a shot though. That sucks about the swamp cooler. Do you think they are only good to a certain temp and then they can no longer compensate for the high heat or do you think your set up is to large of an area to keep cool with out a/c?
Keep up the good work cant wait to see them babies flower. :ganjamon:

hey irish your girls are looking really good. They look to be about hmmm 12-18in. I always forget how fast they grow in soil less or at least mostly soil less mediums. They seem to be hitting their stride. You said they are in 3gal buckets. Did you use 5gal on the last crop? If so are you using 3's now because of the mostly hydro set up you got going now? Sorry to hear about AN and FF would have been cool 2 see but maybe you would have po'd their sales and marketing departments lol Thats buisness i guess. I was worth a shot though. That sucks about the swamp cooler. Do you think they are only good to a certain temp and then they can no longer compensate for the high heat or do you think your set up is to large of an area to keep cool with out a/c?
Keep up the good work cant wait to see them babies flower. :ganjamon:

ya last grow i used 5gal. i always do, but since i am doing hempy buckets i felt it would be better to use 3 gal so the roots would hit the res faster.

ya it does suck about AN & FF but it is what it is. no biggie. with the swamp cooler it seems you need 0-10% RH, mine is around 19%. and since i am running big vents it sucks allot of the air out fast, if i turn down my vents then the RH% rises too high for the cooler to work at its best. my space isn't too big. 63sqf and the cooler is rater at 250sqf. i just dont see them worth the money to me in my case. dont get me wrong it cools things more then w/o it, but -3F isn't worth $150 to me

with the swamp cooler it seems you need 0-10% RH, mine is around 19%. and since i am running big vents it sucks allot of the air out fast, if i turn down my vents then the RH% rises too high for the cooler to work at its best. my space isn't too big. 63sqf and the cooler is rater at 250sqf. i just dont see them worth the money to me in my case. dont get me wrong it cools things more then w/o it, but -3F isn't worth $150 to me

oh ok i see so unless your inland in cali or in az or maybe a nevada kinda climate the the swamp coolers cant beat an a/c unit as far as value. I actually saw a small a/c unit at Rite Aid yesterday for like a 100$ with the exception of the electricity i guess it would be the better deal. thanx again for testing all this stuff im making quite the list of "need to buy items" based off your grow. now i just need that second job.....lol :cool:

Trying to catch up here Irish, have you decided on a particular air conditioner? I think you said you were going to pump in air from an adjacent room that would have the air conditioner. That would prolly work good. Remember when I was talking to you about the speed controllers? It might be my setup but sometimes I see better temps when the air is moving slower. I might be imagining this but in my system it seems like when the air is moving slower it has a better chance to cool off my little box better than when I have the fans running at full bore. Of course the lower the fan speed, the higher the stealth (sound)factor, so it's a win win for me. Anyways the plants look great... you grow boy! .V.

oh ok i see so unless your inland in cali or in az or maybe a nevada kinda climate the the swamp coolers cant beat an a/c unit as far as value. I actually saw a small a/c unit at Rite Aid yesterday for like a 100$ with the exception of the electricity i guess it would be the better deal. thanx again for testing all this stuff im making quite the list of "need to buy items" based off your grow. now i just need that second job.....lol :cool:
a/c will always be better then a swamp cooler, but u will pay more on the power bill.
Trying to catch up here Irish, have you decided on a particular air conditioner? I think you said you were going to pump in air from an adjacent room that would have the air conditioner. That would prolly work good. Remember when I was talking to you about the speed controllers? It might be my setup but sometimes I see better temps when the air is moving slower. I might be imagining this but in my system it seems like when the air is moving slower it has a better chance to cool off my little box better than when I have the fans running at full bore. Of course the lower the fan speed, the higher the stealth (sound)factor, so it's a win win for me. Anyways the plants look great... you grow boy! .V.

ya i am gonna mess around with the fans latter and see what happens?

Irishboy, I have to say you've convinced me to stick with GH from now on... even if they weren't as good as they are, customer service like that deserves to be rewarded.

That's really most of what differentiates these companies anyway... I mean, come on, this is NOT rocket science - how many better ways can you provide N, P, and K?

Back
Top Bottom