1st Grow 1st Journal - White Widow & Company

BOREDOM UPDATE:

So decided to take some pics right when the lights clicked off. I love how different they look.! Starting to get butterflies lol ;)
20150519_180459.jpg

I got a little butterfly feeling in my stomach and my mouth started to water just looking at this photo!!!

Ive been debating very hard the last week or so about the clone. She has been stunted for a while now.
Why cull it when you can...

Experiment some more. Lift the clone up by the base of the stem. If it has roots it should stay put. if it is weak or compromised it may pull out of the soil. Try re-cutting it above the diseased area and re plant it.

If it has roots... pull/crumble the soil away from the root ball and take a look at it. Try doing some light root trimming to stimulate growth. :)

lol thanks man! I love these kind of pics.

I didn't know you could utilize root trimming this late in Flower? She def has roots. shes the hidden one on the far back right. Actually some of the roots are coming out of the top of the soil.

lol thanks man! I love these kind of pics.

I didn't know you could utilize root trimming this late in Flower? She def has roots. shes the hidden one on the far back right. Actually some of the roots are coming out of the top of the soil.

Sorry, I wouldn't trim a flowering plant. I thought you had a Veg'ing clone that was stunted. My bad.

So I decided to wake up and chop my Green Crack clone. She was looking worse and worse and just taking up space, light, and nutes. Took a trich picture after the chop, and it wasn't too far off anyhow. Seeing as Ice fishing is done for the year, I thought to use my ice shanty tent to hang dry my ladies. Keeps the light out, allows air to flow, got a fan going. Humidity at 55-60%, temp at 63-66 degrees. What do you all think?

20150520_131303.jpg

user18262_pic85328_1244026113.jpg

So now I have a ton more room and was able to open the canopy some to allow for light to penetrate deeper. I also decided to shuffle them around a little. different light angles and such, I dunno if it helps but wth.

20150520_081952.jpg

20150520_081958.jpg

Some White Widow Shots
20150520_082043.jpg

20150520_082040.jpg

The clone might provide some good smoke and keep you from (over)sampling the other girls. :)

Good use of the shanty, clever idea.

HAHA smart...I took your advice lol Did a quick try to test it out, and besides the HAY taste, I was lit! Didn't last very long of course but it was nice!

Not gonna lie, when I seen my shanty, and thought of the idea, I was excited to post it because that's prolly the ONE thing I haven't seen on this forum yet lol

Wow Surf your killing it, fantastic job. Your tent is quite the site buds everywhere. :thumb:

Thanks. I have been amazed. But then again I have no experience to compare it too. lol

Congrats on the first harvest bud!

I'd guesstimate you have about 2.5 ounces dry hanging there. :thumb:

Means a lot Antics thanks. That would be more than I was hoping to get so that's a phenomenal guestimate. lol Good thing is she was smallest. So heres to quality cannabis!

When you had it all hung up and drying, what'd you think you'd see out of it?

Some of those colas are nicely sized, I see 12 that are definitely beastly, and will contribute a lot of the weight.

Looking at it again today, I'm thinking the same thing. I'll throw a little range in there though... Shouldn't be any less than 1.75 ounces, and not much more than 2.5. I can't get a real good idea of the density in pictures, but they don't look fluffy at all man. You should have a decent amount of bud from just this plant.

Here's to quality and potency! Cheers!

When you had it all hung up and drying, what'd you think you'd see out of it?

Some of those colas are nicely sized, I see 12 that are definitely beastly, and will contribute a lot of the weight.

Looking at it again today, I'm thinking the same thing. I'll throw a little range in there though... Shouldn't be any less than 1.75 ounces, and not much more than 2.5. I can't get a real good idea of the density in pictures, but they don't look fluffy at all man. You should have a decent amount of bud from just this plant.

Here's to quality and potency! Cheers!

Thanks brother! Such kind words as always.

I was thinking just under 2 zips dried. The nugs are most def dense. Noth like any of the other 4 still rockin, but not too bad for an early harvest on my one clone. If I get around 2 for this one alone, id be more than happy with it.

Ill tell ya, you all weren't lying when you all said buds pack on their weight in the final month of flowering. Cuz these girls are pure OBESE! lol Only the pineapple chink is starting to get mostly cloudy trichs. The other 3, only some cloudy.

In my world, anything 1 ounce+ is great since it's enough to hold me over comfortable until the next harvest, so you have that in the bag easily. Everything after that is a bonus, plus 4 more plants growing? Dude.. you could easily hit half a pound total harvest, that's solid right there.

I didn't see a lot of weight packed on my Strawberry Blue, but the Cali Jack I grew prior packed on serious, serious weight. I was amazed. And I can't wait to grow it again :D

Not sure if anyone told you, or maybe I did and forgot, but make sure you just check the trichomes on the buds, and not the leaves. The trichomes on the leaves mature a lot faster than the buds.

So I decided to wake up and chop my Green Crack clone. She was looking worse and worse and just taking up space, light, and nutes. Took a trich picture after the chop, and it wasn't too far off anyhow. Seeing as Ice fishing is done for the year, I thought to use my ice shanty tent to hang dry my ladies. Keeps the light out, allows air to flow, got a fan going. Humidity at 55-60%, temp at 63-66 degrees. What do you all think?
user18262_pic85328_1244026113.jpg

Sounds pretty good. You got some half amber/cloudy trichs. I bet with a 2 week to 30 day cure it will be a fine smoke :blunt:

In my world, anything 1 ounce+ is great since it's enough to hold me over comfortable until the next harvest, so you have that in the bag easily. Everything after that is a bonus, plus 4 more plants growing? Dude.. you could easily hit half a pound total harvest, that's solid right there.

I didn't see a lot of weight packed on my Strawberry Blue, but the Cali Jack I grew prior packed on serious, serious weight. I was amazed. And I can't wait to grow it again :D

Not sure if anyone told you, or maybe I did and forgot, but make sure you just check the trichomes on the buds, and not the leaves. The trichomes on the leaves mature a lot faster than the buds.

Again, sorry for the delayed response. Yeah I have 4 plants going left. They are about double the size of this runt I just chopped. Im really hoping for a grand total of around that. Anything more would just be AMAZING!

But yes, you did tell me to check the trichs on the buds and not the leaves. Been following all of your instructions to the T!!! And its done wonders....so THANKS BUD!

No worries man, we'll all be here for ya. Life comes first.

With 4 still running I wouldn't even worry man. Just do what you've been doing, and they take care of the rest.

If you don't hit 8 ounces, no biggie man. There's always next time.

If you do hit 8 ounces, then next grow you can try to beat your yield with 1 less plant, or run 5 again and try to increase the yield. It's all fun when you compete against yourself :thumb:

Glad I was able to help :)

UPDATE TIME: DAY 57 (week 8)

Welcome back everyone. Hope you all had a safe and fun holiday weekend. I know I did. Perfect weather.

Final stretch now. Most trichs are about 50% clear 50% cloudy. Figuring they will get one or two more feeds before a flush. Colas are getting FAT. Looks like my incredible bulk is starting to "foxtail" I think. Not sure what it means, if its a good or bad thing. Havent increased my nutrients any at all and im starting to see some nute burn. Other than that, everything looks great. Temps max out at 78 with lights on, and drop to about 65 when lights are off. Humidity bounces between 35% and 50% depending on the weather outside. Being next to a lake doesn't help.

Ok, so my clone, i trimmed her up and jarred her. Her stems were just barely snapping. Been burping and all that good stuff. She weighed 65 grams wet. down to about 57 now that she is drying more and curing! But not bad seeing as i cut her down early and she was very small. My other 4 are about 3 times the size so i cant wait!

Back
Top Bottom