1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Thanks Guy! I appreciate it. Hope you and yours had a great weekend!
Great weekend, thanks Stank! Our Canada day weekend is the same as your independence day weekend. Canada turned 150 this year. We used to drag our quads and dirt bikes down to Altoona, PA every July 4th weekend to visit friends, but the border got too mental the last couple of years. Now we do it later in the year.

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Flower day 48 since flip, 40 since hairs appeared

Everything still running on cruise control. Got the plant yo-yos in that Growchy recommended and they are working great at helping with the colas that are falling over. Still have a few more in the back of the tent that I need to get to, perhaps tomorrow. I have approximately 15-20 left until harvest for the Blue Kush, Blueberry, and Durban Poison. I still have about 30 days left for the ATF plants. Gotta get my but in gear to start prepping for harvest time.

Clones are all in the small tent downstairs. The battle with the gnats seems to have been won. In another week or two I will probably be transplanting the oldest batch of clones into 1 or 2 gallon smart pots. Still a lot of great growth going on with the older clones. I think the newer clones are doing more root growing right now.

Decided to take a couple clones from ATF #4 (the male). I am doing this because he is getting too big to keep, both in height and in bushiness. I want two clones from him....one to keep the genetics going and one to breed with my other clones. So as soon as the clones from him take, I will be getting rid of him (if I can bring myself to actually get rid of him).

Without any more rambling, here are the latest pics.

Tent Pics day 48/40
070517_Tent_2.jpg

070517_Tent_1.jpg

Here is the clone tent
070517_Clones_2.jpg

070517_Clones_1.jpg

Buds update (Look at the red hairs on the first picture....so much more red than all the other buds)
070517_Bud_1.jpg

070517_Bud_13.jpg

070517_Bud_2.jpg

070517_Bud_3.jpg

070517_Bud_4.jpg

070517_Bud_5.jpg

070517_Bud_9.jpg

070517_Bud_10.jpg

070517_Bud_8.jpg

070517_Bud_6.jpg

070517_Bud_11.jpg

070517_Bud_12.jpg

Flower day 48 since flip, 40 since hairs appeared

Everything still running on cruise control. Got the plant yo-yos in that Growchy recommended and they are working great at helping with the colas that are falling over. Still have a few more in the back of the tent that I need to get to, perhaps tomorrow. I have approximately 15-20 left until harvest for the Blue Kush, Blueberry, and Durban Poison. I still have about 30 days left for the ATF plants. Gotta get my but in gear to start prepping for harvest time.

Clones are all in the small tent downstairs. The battle with the gnats seems to have been won. In another week or two I will probably be transplanting the oldest batch of clones into 1 or 2 gallon smart pots. Still a lot of great growth going on with the older clones. I think the newer clones are doing more root growing right now.

Decided to take a couple clones from ATF #4 (the male). I am doing this because he is getting too big to keep, both in height and in bushiness. I want two clones from him....one to keep the genetics going and one to breed with my other clones. So as soon as the clones from him take, I will be getting rid of him (if I can bring myself to actually get rid of him).

Without any more rambling, here are the latest pics.

Tent Pics day 48/40
070517_Tent_2.jpg

070517_Tent_1.jpg

Here is the clone tent
070517_Clones_2.jpg

070517_Clones_1.jpg

Buds update (Look at the red hairs on the first picture....so much more red than all the other buds)
070517_Bud_1.jpg

070517_Bud_13.jpg

070517_Bud_2.jpg

070517_Bud_3.jpg

070517_Bud_4.jpg

070517_Bud_5.jpg

070517_Bud_9.jpg

070517_Bud_10.jpg

070517_Bud_8.jpg

070517_Bud_6.jpg

070517_Bud_11.jpg

070517_Bud_12.jpg
Whoa that first lady . . . .

Oh man......those are really pretty. I was just thinking about how far Advanced yours are to mine but you do have two weeks on them. Hopefully I get a little bit more growth and some fattening up like yours have over the next couple of weeks. Looking stellar Stank!

Wow wow wow, those colours are beautiful man! Last push in flower, hoping to see them get dense as bricks!

Did you do any back building? :) Im considering doing it in my grow

Wow wow wow, those colours are beautiful man! Last push in flower, hoping to see them get dense as bricks!

Did you do any back building? :) Im considering doing it in my grow

Thanks skoon. No I haven't done any backbuilding. Things have been busy and crazy so my time with the girls have been limited. I might do that with my ATF, I need to go back and read Light Addicts thread on it. I can't remember when in the flower I should do it.

Lol check out the ginger . red-heads have lots of fun buddy! Those clones really came back strong glad to hear it! Pretty sure we did the Bb a little late but they say about halfway thru so 4 weeks in an 8 weeker. Our MINI fried a couple tips and they look like they're backbuilding on their own lmao

Thanks skoon. No I haven't done any backbuilding. Things have been busy and crazy so my time with the girls have been limited. I might do that with my ATF, I need to go back and read Light Addicts thread on it. I can't remember when in the flower I should do it.

Yeah same on my side, busy busy. I read it earlier today, i think it mentioned you do it anytime after half way through flower. When the buds are semi developed already. But have a squizz through it i may have forgotten already :p

Looking so good, Van! Have you decided on your cure method yet? Coming down the home stretch I've had such a sense of relief... but then... I began to fret about the curing. It ain't over till it's over!

Just chopped my first plant and the other ladies are lining up much quicker than expected. Now I have to figure out how I'll process them all and make the space for drying and curing. Looks like I'll be buying a refrigerator for low & slow curing.

Anyway, congrats! You've done a stellar job!

Looking so good, Van! Have you decided on your cure method yet? Coming down the home stretch I've had such a sense of relief... but then... I began to fret about the curing. It ain't over till it's over!

Just chopped my first plant and the other ladies are lining up much quicker than expected. Now I have to figure out how I'll process them all and make the space for drying and curing. Looks like I'll be buying a refrigerator for low & slow curing.

Anyway, congrats! You've done a stellar job!

Thanks Rand! I have not yet decided on curing process or have I settled on the oil making stuff either. Its something I have to do here soon on both fronts. I wish I had another room to put a tent just for curing. I keep meaning to pick your brain further on the oil stuff. Harvest time has certainly come up faster than I realized. Realistically 2 more weeks until I will need to start harvesting and drying. Could be a bit longer but that will take me right to the 55 day mark for all strains and three of them are 55-65 days flower time. I wanted to experiment with taking a little with all milky trichomes, most of the harvest at the mixed milky and amber trichomes, and a small amount with mostly all amber trichomes. I want to experience all three stages on all 4 strains to see if there is a stage that does better for my back.

Anyways, thanks for the kind words and thanks for stopping back by, good to see you here brother!

Yeah same on my side, busy busy. I read it earlier today, i think it mentioned you do it anytime after half way through flower. When the buds are semi developed already. But have a squizz through it i may have forgotten already :p
Pennywise just did it to his plants a few days ago. Good to go check that out

Looking amazing as usual mate, loving all the red hairs in the first one! Like Carrot Tops hair..haha. You have a knack for getting some great bud shots. I've been trying to take better pics lately, definitely a work in progress lol. Are you using camera flash for your pictures? I have tried both and its been a bit tricky to get right.
070517_Bud_13.jpg

Looking amazing as usual mate, loving all the red hairs in the first one! Like Carrot Tops hair..haha. You have a knack for getting some great bud shots. I've been trying to take better pics lately, definitely a work in progress lol. Are you using camera flash for your pictures? I have tried both and its been a bit tricky to get right.
070517_Bud_13.jpg

No, no camera flash, just using the lights from the LEDs. And thank you for the compliment on the pictures brother, I appreciate it. I have always loved photography. If you would have told me a year ago I would be spending my time taking pictures of cannabis plants growing in my house I would have called you a fool and to put the crack pipe down LOL! Now its one of my favorite things to do!

Thanks Rand! I have not yet decided on curing process or have I settled on the oil making stuff either. Its something I have to do here soon on both fronts. I wish I had another room to put a tent just for curing. I keep meaning to pick your brain further on the oil stuff. Harvest time has certainly come up faster than I realized. Realistically 2 more weeks until I will need to start harvesting and drying. Could be a bit longer but that will take me right to the 55 day mark for all strains and three of them are 55-65 days flower time. I wanted to experiment with taking a little with all milky trichomes, most of the harvest at the mixed milky and amber trichomes, and a small amount with mostly all amber trichomes. I want to experience all three stages on all 4 strains to see if there is a stage that does better for my back.

Anyways, thanks for the kind words and thanks for stopping back by, good to see you here brother!
Huge fan of your experimentation process. That information you're gathering is going to help sooooo many people Stank. I know you're growing for you, but from one back pain sufferer to another. ...." Thank you".
Pennywise just did it to his plants a few days ago. Good to go check that out

Last time to me it was moving the water filled umbrella base. Just a slight twist and whammo! Hell, I physically work hard all week and usually I'm fine, it's the things I don't do all day that hurt it.
Aint that nuts how you will work hard all week doing brutal work and your fine but let you just twist the wrong way while carrying a pack of gum and instantly throw your back out

Aint that nuts how you will work hard all week doing brutal work and your fine but let you just twist the wrong way while carrying a pack of gum and instantly throw your back out
Oh fuck. I had 17000 steps at work one day. Carrying 4 tonnes of wet pressure treated wood, as well as shovelling and wheelbarrowing 4 yards of crushed stone into a backyard for a deck. Tired ....yes, back problem....not evident. I go out to grocery shop that night with my girl and pulling the cart from the line of carts......Whammo....now I have my chiropractor on speed dial. I wish she made house calls......for my back, lmao.

Going through the same thing brother, cant seem to bounce back either. Your ladies are looking amazing!
I watch these videos of this chiropractor in Australia, I think his name is goldsteen or something but anyways this guy does specific chiropractic therapies that have amazing results. They even narrowed colic in babies down to a mal-alignment in the spine during the birthing process. Its actually pretty fascinating stuff. People travel from all over the world to see this doctor and he helps them when no other doctors could. I wish I had the time and money to pay him a visit

Yeah, like most things there are a great many opinions on the ideal stage to harvest. I've heard you want half amber trichs, others say all cloudy is best... I don't know and I don't have the time nor energy to test different stages on three different strains. I know I want couch lock out of my indica so am going day by day but I think it's ready to go this weekend... 80% amber trichomes on sugar leaves and about 30% on buds themselves. 90% of the rest of trichs are cloudy. I still have some clear on lower bids and because tops decided to start popping calyxes again the last three days.

I chopped a Durban Poison on the 4th and it was early but had a couple buds presenting bud rot. It had mostly cloudy on buds with maybe 10% amber. I've smoked DP from this plants grandmother and it was super heady and very potent... so I'm actually glad I chopped a bit early. It's a nice working buzz. I quick dried and made oil with 1 1/2 ounces and it's a nice mix of head and body effects. I'm happy with it for daytime.

I'll let you know or you can check my journal when I process the Blueberry Kush. Looking forward to getting some good deep sleep again... been going without so I had some on hand if I really need it.

Just wait till you see the difference between smoking/vaping and full extract oil. You'll be blown away. At least I hope you get the improvement in quality of life that I have!

Back
Top Bottom