1st Grow - Ebb-N-Grow : Afghan Kush, White Widow, Bag Seed!

I tried to pm you back sf but my post count is to low since i just started i got everything finally situated and hooked up on my ebb & gro and running.

Hey Man!

Welcome. Great to see you running an e-n-g. Don't think you'll be disappointed at all. Takes a little adjusting until you get a feel for things, but I'm sure you'll get it under control in no time.

Let us know if you have any questions, a bunch of us guys using that system, and would be happy to answer anything that comes your way.

Let me know if you put up a journal, I'll be sure to subscribe!

Thanks KamiKaze!
Sf.

LowRyder Update - Pictures
Week 12 - 87 Days

Well guys, I hope I'm not going to be considered a bud "abuser" after you check out these pictures. This is supposedly a 10-11 week strain as stated on the breeders pack, I've let them go this long on a quest for Amber trics, but for the life of me, I can't get them on these plants. So I think it's really time to harvest these. As you can tell the leaves are done, toast and most just fall off the "bone" when pulled ever so slightly.

Anyway, if I can get my ass out of my chair, I'll go an start what appears to be a pretty easy trim job. Very few leaves on these plants. Still not completely sold on these, only a smoke test will really reveal my overall opinion and whether it will be worth growing these out again.

On to the pictures!

MJ_1670_1.jpg

MJ_1644_1.jpg

MJ_1646_1.jpg

MJ_1653_1.jpg

MJ_1654_1.jpg

MJ_1655_1.jpg

MJ_1667_1.jpg

Chop...Chop...

Sf.

Great pics SF, those buds have definitely used up every bit of nutrient from the plant they can. I guess it will be some pretty potent smoke! :nicethread:

High SF!
had to drop in for a looksy and say :bravo:

Buds are looking great Man! :yummy:
My big widow also has a shitload of yeller leaves that are dropping off. She's as ready as she'll ever be and does'nt have one amber trich on her.
She's at week 9 now. Come to think of it I've never seen an amber trich on any of my widows. I just chop them at week 9 or 10 when they've quit swelling and the resin production stops.
It is nice to have buds in the coffers just so we can be lazy and let our plants go for as long as possible though right? I'll take an exausted plant over an under ripe plant any day.
I'm hoping that I can just shake the hell out of my big widow and that will do it for the trim. :grinjoint:

BTW- Cubs Suck! Go A's! :)

:peace: -El Bandito

High SF!
had to drop in for a looksy and say :bravo:

Buds are looking great Man! :yummy:
My big widow also has a shitload of yeller leaves that are dropping off. She's as ready as she'll ever be and does'nt have one amber trich on her.
She's at week 9 now. Come to think of it I've never seen an amber trich on any of my widows. I just chop them at week 9 or 10 when they've quit swelling and the resin production stops.
It is nice to have buds in the coffers just so we can be lazy and let our plants go for as long as possible though right? I'll take an exausted plant over an under ripe plant any day.
I'm hoping that I can just shake the hell out of my big widow and that will do it for the trim. :grinjoint:

BTW- Cubs Suck! Go A's! :)

:peace: -El Bandito

Hey Man.

Thanks a ton. I've been waiting for you to get back. I know your probably just doing a pop-in. I meant to say have great luck in Vegas. Boy I know that town too well. I love Vegas! Used to live in a condo right behind Hard Rock. My favorite dive joint that I gambled at (every night) was good ole' Barbary Coast. Took me all of about 6 months to realize I need to get the hell outta town. That's how long I lasted at UNLV. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the comps on the buds man. I'm glad to hear you confirm that Amber trics just might not be possible on these. With your "blessing", I'm definitely going to harvest them. With summer in swing the humidity in the basement is becoming a little more difficult to deal with. Probably best to "let it ride" the next couple of months until things start to cool down. Running the central AC and then those lights tends to really add up the $$$.

I hope your room is running full bore man! I do enjoy following your grows.

Please let me know when your back for a duration man!

:bong: to you man!

Sf.

Livin' in Vegas! :adore:
I dont think I could do it. I love that town but man anything over 4 days & nights and I'm gonna be in trouble.
This time I'll have a car to experience a bit more than just what the strip has to offer.
Heat's kickin' my ass. I finally had to break down and air condition my room. My water cool system did a great job knocking down the heat when the lights are on but during lights off the temps would only drop form 84 to 79. I need those dark temps to drop at least ten degrees for the best results so I put in a 5000 btu window unit and dropped the chiller system. Now my temps are 81 lights on and 69 lights off and my girls are really diggin that. Humidity is at 60% but as long as the air flows well and is exausted the plants can handle the increased rh.
I hear ya on the bill though. I'm in the middle of an electrical consumption audit on my home to compensate for the extra wattage.

My work load just lightend up early but I still have some transitional things going on in my garden with upgrades and parts replacements.
Over the last couple years I've taken to searching craigslist and ebay buying up fresh hi end gear to use and resell. I'm kinda like a grim reaper for noobs' failed grow ops. These past two weeks I've bought up three failed gardens and I'm keeping some killer parts to try out in my own garden. I'm working them in now and I'll update my journal when I get back to show off the results. It's some space age next level stuff. Should be fun!

:peace: - Il Bandiente

Hey SF The Cubs, aren't they a baseball team? :smokin: J/K
Someday maybe! Yea the Black hawks are going to be good for a long time. Just like the old days. Stan, Bobby, and the rest we're great too!

Did you see the English Goalie flub that ball? I jumped out of my chair on that one......just as good as a win in my eyes. Go USA!:cheer:

Ehh Amber trichs, at least you got some Amber hairs on her. I would say almost 4oz she looks like but would have a better idea once chopped. Anyhow they should get you a decent high as they seemed to suck out all the nutes from the leaves. Nice grow my friend. Will be back for your smoke report. :)

1 Down!

So yesterday I found the "motivation" to take one of the LowRyders down. No matter how easy you figure the trim job will be, it always ends up taking longer by the time you're finished cleaning, etc. So after getting one of these babies done, I just didn't have the energy to finish up plant #2. Yeah, sue me!

MJ_1644_1a.jpg

As far as the trim job, it wasn't hard at all, pretty small amount of fan leaves that needed to be removed, and the buds are dense, compact, hard and heavy.

Obviously we know these are still "wet" and I left a good deal of stem on most of the colas to hand dry, but the weight is still respectable for one LowRyder.

Plant 1 - Total (wet) - 503.6 grams

Plant still smells very "pine" like. I would dare say, not like any other bud I've smelled before. Figure a week or two here and we'll be able to light one up and see if this is worth growing again. One of the guys here mentioned that these auto-flower/lowryder strains are actually a hybrid mixed with actual Russian "ditch-weed". I would suspect that would be the genetic portion of this plant that would give them their short characteristic. Does this have an impact on the high and taste? Questions that I want the answers to!

As soon as I can harvest #2, I'll take some pictures for you guys to see the buds and trim-job. Hope this info helps!

Seacrest. Out!

Damn NVM my guesstimate, well at least it is close for one of the plants :) Doubt she will loose too much but Nice stuff. I think im going to have to buy one of them rainforest 6plant jumpoffs. And you can bet ur life I will be back for them total weights and smoke report. Awesome job my friend

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many pages to look back Dude. Give me a minute to absorb all this... I'll look back. Tonite I'm lost..............................

Back
Top Bottom