1st Grow Just Starting - Super Noob

What is your avg. and max temps outside there?

Im in Colorado so in the summer, like last summer we had 77 days of 90+ and 11 days i think of over 100.
Most farmers plant corn in May however if it looks like the frost is done for the year they may try in April.
I might do some autos early outside just because it can still get pretty cool at night in April and May. Close to freezing.

Im in Colorado so in the summer, like last summer we had 77 days of 90+ and 11 days i think of over 100.
Most farmers plant corn in May however if it looks like the frost is done for the year they may try in April.
I might do some autos early outside just because it can still get pretty cool at night in April and May. Close to freezing.

Good conditions, you should be able to grow some giants there. Same as my bro in cali......south facing exposure, 4' x 4' per plant. I can show you how to grow the biguns. Its some work, and they get big like on tv....same thing.....huge yield! Your climate will work!

For sure man! Got a link?

I am the link, start as many as you want to go out, a week later start as many new ones. Put the first ones out as soon as you can, if they freeze, that's what the second batch is for. Just get em out in like 2 or 3 gallon pots, and get em real healthy, as soon as you can, the cooler temps in spring will get alot of plant growing before the warmer periods. Get that goin, and do some thinkin to what kinda nutes you want to use, dosen't matter what brand, just a 2 part grow and bloom will work...I suggest organic. If you can get plants out just one week sooner than is safe, you can get one week of flower growth, on a large plant that can be significant.

I am the link, start as many as you want to go out, a week later start as many new ones. Put the first ones out as soon as you can, if they freeze, that's what the second batch is for. Just get em out in like 2 or 3 gallon pots, and get em real healthy, as soon as you can, the cooler temps in spring will get alot of plant growing before the warmer periods. Get that goin, and do some thinkin to what kinda nutes you want to use, dosen't matter what brand, just a 2 part grow and bloom will work...I suggest organic. If you can get plants out just one week sooner than is safe, you can get one week of flower growth, on a large plant that can be significant.

do you have any recommendations on outdoor strains?
especially ones I can be planted in early spring and what kind of cold can they take?
need good cold weather plants for early planting

do you have any recommendations on outdoor strains?
especially ones I can be planted in early spring and what kind of cold can they take?
need good cold weather plants for early planting

I'll check on that bro....you want sativa dominant.........long season, huge yield.............you wanna use different strains so you #1 Have a variety of product, and #2 You need to see which ones will grow best there, every year try a few new ones to see. With this method you'll get plenty if half of em died...LOL.....but they won't.

we little update.

Got me a bump up in power today. 1000W HPS!.
Ran it at 50% for about a min then 75% for about the same back down to 50% for a min then up to 100%.
WOW so freaken bright. AND LOTS MORE HEAT!
I think it will be ok however as my grow room has been in the high 60's and now mid to high 70's.

2013-03-22_20-27-02_352.jpg

2013-03-22_22-51-24_953.jpg

Found a UFO 90W LED for dirt on Craigslist yesterday. Half of it works, I see this is a common problem.
I think I can fix it. I have found bad traces, caps and other things lots of times on broke stuff. Cant wait to play with it.
2013-03-22_20-27-13_71.jpg

New comer again showed. This would be the BC Early Blueberry.
2013-03-22_20-31-51_93.jpg

I am thinking 2 of the clones will make it. Maybe 3. 1 in the Rockwool and 2 in the Jiffy Pods.
I think this maybe the only good thing about Jiffy Pods,
2013-03-22_20-32-11_186.jpg

Berry Bomb 13 days old and Topped. You can see she has grown TONS in the past 3 days.
2013-03-22_22-48-45_61.jpg

Going to try a different light cycle with the clones and Berry plants I think. I hope I get one male.
Would like some seeds from lower bud sites.

So i am hopping my 16X lens will help me know the time.
We are at day 46 for the Road Runners.
This one is the thicker shorter one.

Still clear or do I need something stronger to see them?
2013-03-23_20-01-44_409.jpg

2013-03-23_20-02-13_760.jpg

Can someone tell me if I can get them to finish faster anyway? the autos?

fast update

Group shot.
2013-03-26_16-38-50_778.jpg

day 49 for the Road Runners, and White Widows. Think day 43 for the Berry Ryder, Berry Bomb 17 days and 4 days for the BC early Blueberry. Now The Early BB I am super pumped about. Think we might have a purple one. Its a fem seed so I might be making me some fem seeds.

Road runners short and fat one first.
2013-03-26_16-39-16_701.jpg

Taller one
2013-03-26_16-39-36_475.jpg

Berry Ryder day 42 or 43.
2013-03-26_16-39-29_397.jpg

White Widow X Cheese that I put into flower a few days ago. Starting to show small flowers. Really been bushing out fast. Its a monster. SO SO MANY sites.

2013-03-26_16-39-08_927.jpg

Berry Bomb 17 days. Topped her a few days ago, also cut the lower leaf. She seems to be fine maybe just slowed her down a bit.
2013-03-26_16-38-58_575.jpg

Now what I am super pumped for! She looks purple to me! Day 4. BC Early Blueberry.
2013-03-26_16-37-23_754.jpg

2013-03-26_16-37-36_816.jpg

Your magnifying device is sufficient, they look to be getting ready to cloud, things can happen fast when they get close! Don't rush bro, you're getting close!

Thanks man. I took a little clipping last night and dried it under the lights over last night and today. Smells great. Has a little kick. Little harsh due to no cure and no flushing yet.

Any ideas on when I should flush? when I start to see some milk?

Thanks man. I took a little clipping last night and dried it under the lights over last night and today. Smells great. Has a little kick. Little harsh due to no cure and no flushing yet.

Any ideas on when I should flush? when I start to see some milk?

OK bro, lets discuss a little advanced technique for finishing plants. When I'm growing my plants, I want them to have everything they need. I stack the pots with n before I begin to flower, then I watch em, they'll get really green, I refer to it as being "blue", cuz they almost look blue cuz their so green. I've heard some speak of n poisoning, to the plant, IDK what they mean, my plants aren't "poisoned", they are wayyyyyy healthy and screaming with growth, which is what I want....especially since these plants are using copious amounts of nutes when stacking on flowers. Have you ever smoked weed that won't burn?, crackles when you smoke it?, is harsh as hell? The ash is dark and hard as a rock when you try to flick it off?. These are signs of nitrogen concentrations in your finished product. Before coming on this forum I had never seen plants ready to be harvested that had alot of dead leaves on the plants and the flowers. I had an extensive conversation with commercial growers and the consensus was that these plants were being starved into this condition by the witholding of necessary nutrients during periods of rapid growth.....Flowering........all that being said to set the stage for what I'm gonna say now. What I purpose to do is to eliminate the EXCESS nitrogen before I harvest, I run em hard til the last minute, leaving enough time to deplete the excess. When my plants finish, I want the foliage to start to lighten up, back to a little lighter shade of green, nothing dying for sure. I've been doing this since bro brought these factors to my attention and I was able to wrap my mind around it. My weed is pretty clean, not harsh, and I get the ash I'm looking for. All this is very Important to me, I grow pharmaceutical grade weed, not dispensary grade, my patients never even ask what I've got, they just wanna know when they can get it, any variety, any time! Just hope to stir your mind, I didn't go into detail, you may come up with better ways than I have, just my philosophy on the matter bro, formed by study and extensive consultation with people who are experienced and trustworthy.

Day 52 for the Road Runners. Did a flush today on both with PHed water around 5 and 8 teaspoons or 40ML Florakleen with 4 gal of water. Will just run straight water for the next 2 or 3 watering PHed around 5-6.

You can see some nice yellowing in the leaves. Been looking at the trichomes and seeing some clear some milky and very few amber.
The taller one.
2013-03-29_13-42-30_73.jpg

The shorter one.
2013-03-29_13-42-33_962.jpg

Taller one
2013-03-29_13-42-41_519.jpg

Shorter one
2013-03-29_13-42-55_53.jpg

Took some cuts last week from the shorter one.
Taste like crap. LOL. Between not flushing and a fast dry with no cure its gonna happen. Smells like green tea.
Took a cut yesterday and been doing a semi fast dry on it. Keeping it in a jar for a few hours then taking it out. Still smells like green tea but should be a little better.

Great journal hank - you've got loads going on and some nice strains there - I bet they're loving the 1000w hps!

Don't worry about the taste when fresh cut, un-flushed and fast dried - I do that a lot myself because I've got no patience! It's amazing how the taste changes once you dry properly and it has a bit of time to cure - it can take a good couple of weeks for the green smell to fade though.

Back
Top Bottom