250W HPS Refrigerator Grow!

-No glass at all in the whole grow
-Better air movement at the canopy
-Better carbon filter
-Better air circulation
-No fabric pots - Great places for mold colonies to start on the sides - plastic pots only
-Consider switching to Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow and bloom for soil
-A better RH meter

Just my 3 cents

Cheers
I agree snids!
Will go the store tomorrow and check some plastic pots. What size do you think I should go with? Pot I used for this grow was 12 liter. But I don't want the plant to grow to large for the fridge . I can measure bottom to absolute top position of lamp when I get home.
Cheers

I agree snids!
Will go the store tomorrow and check some plastic pots. What size do you think I should go with? Pot I used for this grow was 12 liter. But I don't want the plant to grow to large for the fridge ��. I can measure bottom to absolute top position of lamp when I get home.
Cheers

A low square or rectangle pot 15 to 20 liters would be great. If you cant find one, you can either cut down a 20 liter pale or construct an exact fitting pot from plywood, coat it in linseed oil and line with a plastic garbage bag. IF you make a pot from a pale or wood, don't forget drainage holes.

Also look up a product by Bayer Crop Science called Serenade. See if its available in your country. You can spray it right up to the day of harvest and brings powdery mildew and bud rot to an end. Its not a chemical, its a natural human safe bacteria that prevents mold growth on the plant.

If you cant find that then spray weekly with high PH'ed water. Take a jug of RO or distilled water, add PH up till it rings a PH of 8.7 to 9.0 level. Spray liberally at lights on only. The high alkaline environment also prevents molds. They cant live in that environment. You spray the whole plant same as the above product.

Cheers

A low square or rectangle pot 15 to 20 liters would be great. If you cant find one, you can either cut down a 20 liter pale or construct an exact fitting pot from plywood, coat it in linseed oil and line with a plastic garbage bag. IF you make a pot from a pale or wood, don't forget drainage holes.

Also look up a product by Bayer Crop Science called Serenade. See if its available in your country. You can spray it right up to the day of harvest and brings powdery mildew and bud rot to an end. Its not a chemical, its a natural human safe bacteria that prevents mold growth on the plant.

If you cant find that then spray weekly with high PH'ed water. Take a jug of RO or distilled water, add PH up till it rings a PH of 8.7 to 9.0 level. Spray liberally at lights on only. The high alkaline environment also prevents molds. They cant live in that environment. You spray the whole plant same as the above product.

Cheers
Good morning!
Had a busy weekend but was able to find a 20 liter ish plastic pot! Only had 4 small drainage holes so I'm gonna drill up many more holes, I know myself that I will overwater if I don't get good drainage lol.

I made some internet research and I can't get Serenade, well I can but then I need to buy 10 liter bulk from another country and I will not do that. It was like 150$ for 10 liters.
So I will go with your second option and spray with alkalined water .

Put a little on germination in the weekend and popped her in soil last night. We'll see how this grow will work.
Cheers
420-magazine-mobile1328832538.jpg

Hey,

Have you planted that seed yet? What pot did you plant it in?

Re the Glass Shelf.

Yes it was great for filtering Infra-red radiation from the lamp helping keeping the top of the plant cool. Yes, the glass filtered out the IR. However sadly it also filters out UV. UvC and UVB to some extent, kill mold. UVC is well known for killing mold. So having some in your light spectrum is a great advantage. So you are going to have to find a way to run without the glass.

Make sure you introduce your new plant to your lamp slowly. Start with your lamp as far away as possible in your fridge. Watch it like a hawk for the first day. As the seedling becomes accustom to the light you can SLOWLY begin moving it closer.

Cheers and Good luck.

Hey,

Have you planted that seed yet? What pot did you plant it in?

Re the Glass Shelf.

Yes it was great for filtering Infra-red radiation from the lamp helping keeping the top of the plant cool. Yes, the glass filtered out the IR. However sadly it also filters out UV. UvC and UVB to some extent, kill mold. UVC is well known for killing mold. So having some in your light spectrum is a great advantage. So you are going to have to find a way to run without the glass.

Make sure you introduce your new plant to your lamp slowly. Start with your lamp as far away as possible in your fridge. Watch it like a hawk for the first day. As the seedling becomes accustom to the light you can SLOWLY begin moving it closer.

Cheers and Good luck.
Hi mate! Yes the seed is planted, however it's a slow start for this little one. She is having a hard time putting of that little helmet of hers. Just gonna watch if she can handle it or else I'm germing a new one.

I bought a 20 liter round plastic pot. Drilled a lot of holes in the bottom for drainage. Feel much better with a sturdy plastic pot to work with rather than that fabric stuff.

Yes I bought myself a 200mm large pc fan that has quite good airflow to it but not too rough. Just waiting for a DC 12v adapter for it. Then I'm going to hang it on a plastic frame so I can move it around at different heights in the fridge and it is also going to be adjustable in sideways . Perfect for when she grows in size.
Yeah I'm not going to use that glass shelf.
I want those UV-rays to kill of any potential mold .
Temps right now without glass is stable 25C and RH is stable 25-30%.
Perfect!
Pics on that little seedling in a few days if she manage to pull trough. I guess some seeds can be more weak as it's a living individual you are working with.
Cheers

Going to name her slow-Eddy.
The seed before was much quicker trough the germination and sprouting. The plastic thing is working like a tent stick so the plastic wrapper won't touch her. Lol.
Cheers
420-magazine-mobile875223233.jpg

I figured a neat trick to decrease humidity thru pressure in my tent the more pressure the harder it is for humidity to form so pump up your intake to let humidity down as well as your exhaust up but not too much as you want pressure ..

What is the RH in the fridge just before lights on?

Mold only germinates in the dark. So if RH climbs while the lights are out.... well its a bad thing.

Cheers
Going to check when I get home :)
If you mean how much I got after the mold history it was 35grams, even if it wasn't ready for harvest I still get high from it. Vaped 0,3 grams and got quite a kick. Was kinda intense for 1h and then chill and giggly-sleepy. It was last friday I tested it so was kinda sleepy before. Altough I don't have any tolerance, yet. Nice to have some smoke for the summer!
Cheers

Going to check when I get home :)
If you mean how much I got after the mold history it was 35grams, even if it wasn't ready for harvest I still get high from it. Vaped 0,3 grams and got quite a kick. Was kinda intense for 1h and then chill and giggly-sleepy. It was last friday I tested it so was kinda sleepy before. Altough I don't have any tolerance, yet. Nice to have some smoke for the summer!
Cheers

What do you think your harvest would have been if you didn't run into the mold issue?

Wadaya say we go for 75 grams plus on this next round?? :)

Cheers

What do you think your harvest would have been if you didn't run into the mold issue?

Wadaya say we go for 75 grams plus on this next round?? :)

Cheers
I'm guessing those big side branches should have been 30grams each when dried, maybe that's a fantasy guess but those were superdense! They were quite heavy undried atleast :)

I say the goal is 100 grams on one plant .

Although this seedling is reaaaaaallly slow growth. Has not grown anything yet what I can tell. But I wait a few days more and see if she starts rocketing soon.

Cheers

I'm guessing those big side branches should have been 30grams each when dried, maybe that's a fantasy guess but those were superdense! They were quite heavy undried atleast :)

I say the goal is 100 grams on one plant .

Although this seedling is reaaaaaallly slow growth. Has not grown anything yet what I can tell. But I wait a few days more and see if she starts rocketing soon.

Cheers

Lets get a photo of it. lets track it for a few days. Sometimes you get a dud seed. No point in wasting time on a runt.

Do you have another seed?

Are you doing anything different from the first grow at this point?

Cheers

Were both of those big colas totally lost?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom