250W HPS Refrigerator Grow!

That's an awesome side by side! Swelling is huge!

Hi I am really new to this, I was wondering if you would be able to explain how to go about tying the branches for more yield? It is allot of terminology I just haven't learned yet??
Thanks so much!!!

Baker

Hi I am really new to this, I was wondering if you would be able to explain how to go about tying the branches for more yield? It is allot of terminology I just haven't learned yet??
Thanks so much!!!

Baker
Hi and welcome!
You bend the branches very carefully so you open up the plant to more even light from the lamp. I used pipe cleaners and tied them to the side of the pot.
You can check up FIM Topping and LST.
Theres alot of info on this site :)
Cheers

I see now by your photo....I guess I can poke holes in the pot to attach. Thanks for you quick response, I'll attempt photos in a few days, I've sprouted 4 bag seeds,and am hoping for allot of buds, here in New Zealand we only have a couple months of weather in the 50' s during the day. Sometimes zero at night. So I am running lights almost all the time, off just 6 hrs. A day? Sounds extreme but my plants are doing well!

Okay guys, I decided to chop her down to not risk contamination of the healthy buds.
The two sides branches were all brown and mushy inside and smelled really moldy.
Really sad that it ended this way, but I see it as a lesson to improve my next grow.
I want to thank you all for all the wisdom in growing and hope you will be with me next time
At least I got some nugs of her that I hope has not gotten that bloody mold.
They are hung up for drying now. Trichomes were about 80% milky on them so hope it's not all lost. Cheers.
420-magazine-mobile433723915.jpg
420-magazine-mobile690753043.jpg

Thats just all shitty bud.

I'd look into the reliability of the RH meter. Something isn't right there, way to much moisture. Maybe a new meter and a fan blowing across the canopy to move things around a bit.

Make sure we're aware of your next journal so we can sub in. Good luck.

Okay guys, I decided to chop her down to not risk contamination of the healthy buds.
The two sides branches were all brown and mushy inside and smelled really moldy.
Really sad that it ended this way, but I see it as a lesson to improve my next grow.
I want to thank you all for all the wisdom in growing and hope you will be with me next time
At least I got some nugs of her that I hope has not gotten that bloody mold.
They are hung up for drying now. Trichomes were about 80% milky on them so hope it's not all lost. Cheers.
420-magazine-mobile433723915.jpg
420-magazine-mobile690753043.jpg
Yeah, I'm beginning to think I should just remove my whole plant. Removed another big cola today cuz it was just starting to turn grey on the inside.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think I should just remove my whole plant. Removed another big cola today cuz it was just starting to turn grey on the inside.
It really sucks when you put so much time in it. But hey shit happens. Next grow I will get a dehumidifier and a filter on the intake air if that cathches up any spores.
What strain are you growing?

It really sucks when you put so much time in it. But hey shit happens. Next grow I will get a dehumidifier and a filter on the intake air if that cathches up any spores.
Nirvana 1 bubblelicious and 4 mystery seeds. Bubblelicious only one that got rot so far.

Don't feel to bad Islandish im having trouble with bud rot also, i had to chop one of mine, luckily she was almost done and was being flushed, hopefully none of my other girls get it.. .

I'd be giving all plants a spray down with some insecticidal soap. Could cause more issues if your rh is already high tho. I regularly have rh readings over 70% higher Temps than you at 86f and I have a good wind blowing in there. Good luck on the rest of your adventure.:passitleft:
Nice advise, will se if I can get hold of something. Looking for oscillating fans atm and going to buy one of those and skip having the glass shelf inside the fridge so I get more heat and drier climate.
Cheers

Okay guys, got a new seed on germination now. Don't know if I will create a new journal or just continue here. Will invest in a bigger fan and skip the glass shelf when flowering begins so I get some more heat and drier in that fridge. Going to disenfect the whole fridge and parts of the kitchen tomorre before I pop the new seed in there. Also going to use a slightly bigger pot!
Cheers and have an awesome weekend guys!

Okay guys, got a new seed on germination now. Don't know if I will create a new journal or just continue here. Will invest in a bigger fan and skip the glass shelf when flowering begins so I get some more heat and drier in that fridge. Going to disenfect the whole fridge and parts of the kitchen tomorre before I pop the new seed in there. Also going to use a slightly bigger pot!
Cool, glad to see you starting another one, i will be here for the ride so if you do start another journal be sure to post the link on here, are you doing another auto.. .

Cool, glad to see you starting another one, i will be here for the ride so if you do start another journal be sure to post the link on here, are you doing another auto.. .
Very glad that you will join Tom!
Yes I'm doing the same Fast Eddy again but without all the fuck ups with to much light and nutrition fail etc .
Tried some bud from whats didn't get the mold and the effects were exactly like I wanted it: Cool, calm and collected. A little buzz but very functional high. Anxiety killer. ✌️

-No glass at all in the whole grow
-Better air movement at the canopy
-Better carbon filter
-Better air circulation
-No fabric pots - Great places for mold colonies to start on the sides - plastic pots only
-Consider switching to Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow and bloom for soil
-A better RH meter

Just my 3 cents

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom