420 Magazine's Canuk Seeds Comparative Indoor Grow - Trainwreck By 2Water

Thank you, they have been a very easy grow, and are making me look like a way better grower than I am. I switched a couple things up this grow, I added biochar and azomite to my soil mix, and changed my amendments that I use to Down To Earth: 3-3-3, Bio-Live, and Bio-Fish premixes. I also use less honey, but add it to every watering. Pretty great results so far, we'll see as we switch to flower🤞

I wish I had more than just the 2, but even 3 would have probably been too crowded.
I don’t believe that they’re making you look 👀 better than you are. You still have to water/ feed correctly. Know enuff to tell if there’s any issues with your lighting, temperature, humidity etc. So don’t sell yourself short bromigo cause yer doing a great job 👏. Happy growing. CL🍀. :thumb: :woohoo:

4 weeks of veg, lights just came on! #phlizon @PhlizonGrowLight PL-2000
20231118_211405.jpg

I topped the top 4 nodes on Tabi (right plant), and took a couple fans off each
20231118_211306.jpg
20231118_211708.jpg
20231118_211618.jpg
20231118_211442.jpg
20231118_211502.jpg

I decided to top to attempt to flatten out the canopy. This decision was made in accordance with my other decision to let them veg 1 more week.
20231118_211530.jpg

Looking good 👍
20231118_211405.jpg

20231118_211306.jpg
20231118_211708.jpg
20231118_211618.jpg
20231118_211442.jpg
20231118_211502.jpg

I decided to top to attempt to flatten out the canopy. This decision was made in accordance with my other decision to let them veg 1 more week.
20231118_211530.jpg

20231118_211405.jpg

20231118_211306.jpg
20231118_211708.jpg
20231118_211618.jpg
20231118_211442.jpg
20231118_211502.jpg

20231118_211530.jpg
Looks great and I like the training plan too. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

Thank you, they are really filling out. A little worried the stretch and the expected flop, but excited to see them start budding!
I haven’t had a chance to try it yet but I have heard adding Silica to the diet makes them stronger. Supposed to help them from flopping over. CL🍀. :morenutes: :popcorn:

I haven’t had a chance to try it yet but I have heard adding Silica to the diet makes them stronger. Supposed to help them from flopping over. CL🍀. :morenutes: :popcorn:
I've heard that too, any suggestions on organic amendments that can help provide it?

***Edit***
Can anyone confirm if silica is in the Azomite from Down To Earch?

Floppy thin stems, just a mess. That's why it's called Trainwreck. It's kinda a mess to grow but good erb

DE for sure is a good source of silica. I'm sure there's many organic forms. When I was going organic I used subcools super soil recipe. My current grow is bottle fed due to super soil needs to compost or cook for couple months

I've heard that too, any suggestions on organic amendments that can help provide it?

***Edit***
Can anyone confirm if silica is in the Azomite from Down To Earch?
Fox Farms Kelp Me is supposed to be a good source for Silica but I have never used it so I’m not really sure. Maybe some other members have tried it? CL🍀

Your plants look great. Trainwreck is relatively easy to grow. I have never really had any deficiencies with them with a basic proper nutrient formulas like I run into with other plants. They can take and thrive in a high EC nutrient program.

However as someone that has grown a lot of it (it is one I grow at least once a year) it is not easy to control in flower. I primary grow the version from Green House Seeds. They will at least double if not triple in size during flower. I have flipped them at 14-16" and had them finish over 5ft indoors with LST in a DWC medium. In Coco they are more somewhat more manageable. I have never grown them in soil.

Adding silca isn't going to change the genetics in the plant. It is known to be a viny fast growing and borderline out of control plant. Adding lots of varying air movement will help strengthen the stems.

You are going to need trellis netting, stakes or a ton of yo-yo's to hold them up when the buds start to get heavy. Typically they grow heavy spear shaped tops on the main stems and gold ball nugs all over the rest of the plant. The mains can get very heavy. Think a beer can on each main top with a flimsy stem structure. This is one plant that is better to spread out in a net vs trying to control letting them go vertical. When the tops get heavy and are not supported they can split the lower main stems so keep them supported late in flower.

You are doing great with the grow thus far and as always my posts are based on my experinces. You and others may have a different experience.

Back left is a Trainwreck plant that I bound together to keep it out of the other plants in the tent. You can see what happens when you force it vertical rather than spreading it out. I am not sure of the weeks in flower with this one but looking at the tent I am estimating these at about 5-6 weeks in. I typically run them 9-10 weeks. They tell me when they are done.

Your plants look great. Trainwreck is relatively easy to grow. I have never really had any deficiencies with them with a basic proper nutrient formulas like I run into with other plants. They can take and thrive in a high EC nutrient program.

However as someone that has grown a lot of it (it is one I grow at least once a year) it is not easy to control in flower. I primary grow the version from Green House Seeds. They will at least double if not triple in size during flower. I have flipped them at 14-16" and had them finish over 5ft indoors with LST in a DWC medium. In Coco they are more somewhat more manageable. I have never grown them in soil.

Adding silca isn't going to change the genetics in the plant. It is known to be a viny fast growing and borderline out of control plant. Adding lots of varying air movement will help strengthen the stems.

You are going to need trellis netting, stakes or a ton of yo-yo's to hold them up when the buds start to get heavy. Typically they grow heavy spear shaped tops on the main stems and gold ball nugs all over the rest of the plant. The mains can get very heavy. Think a beer can on each main top with a flimsy stem structure. This is one plant that is better to spread out in a net vs trying to control letting them go vertical. When the tops get heavy and are not supported they can split the lower main stems so keep them supported late in flower.

You are doing great with the grow thus far and as always my posts are based on my experinces. You and others may have a different experience.

Back left is a Trainwreck plant that I bound together to keep it out of the other plants in the tent. You can see what happens when you force it vertical rather than spreading it out. I am not sure of the weeks in flower with this one but looking at the tent I am estimating these at about 5-6 weeks in. I typically run them 9-10 weeks. They tell me when they are done.

Ton of knowledge, and absolute gold! Thank you for sharing, I'll more than likely be bothering you with questions down the line if you don't mind

Back
Top Bottom