Thank you for stopping by @Ke0ncp

That's the plan to fill the net and try to get a pound off a 3x3 scrog net.
The real challenge is OG Kush has a short suggested flowering period of around 42 days is getting a pound in that short a period of time may be difficult. If I get 400+ grams I will be happy with the yield, for a veg period of 7 weeks, I think.

Out of the six different strains I am growing four of them are close to finishing.
The OG Kush has a little over a month to fill that 3x3 net with cola's.

TR
Hey Tokin - any chance that 7 weeks is from showing flower rather than from flip?

That would make sense to me. OGK always seems to be 8 weeks. Occasionally “8-9 weeks” Or was it described as a fast flower?

The way I time them for flower is flip to 12/12 and the first seven days are for transiting from veg to flower.
So, she is currently at 12 days of 12/12 , but about day 5 of flower for the OG Kush and stretching to fill the net.
My guess is next week the net should be at least 95 % or better filled.

Were as the GG #4 is currently at day 56 of 12/12, but day 49 of flowering stage.
But, in the end it is the trichomes development that tells me when to chop.

How do you time yours.

edit: I take seed companies recommendation for flowering period as just a suggested time.

The way I time them for flower is flip to 12/12 and the first seven days are for transiting from veg to flower.
So, she is currently at 12 days of 12/12 , but about day 5 of flower for the OG Kush and stretching to fill the net.
My guess is next week the net should be at least 95 % or better filled.

Were as the GG #4 is currently at day 56 of 12/12, but day 49 of flowering stage.
But, in the end it is the trichomes development that tells me when to chop.

How do you time yours.

edit: I take seed companies recommendation for flowering period as just a suggested time.
Yeah I was wondering where the 7 weeks was coming from, the breeder?

As to when I harvest? Umm its been messy lately!

😂

This weeks harvest was for mould. In the end it was in say 5 plants of 12 and total weight maybe, less than 1/2 an oz lost of bud out of 3-4 pounds harvested. 12 plants in a 5x5. We chopped all the top half the plants. The lowers tomorrow. That was dead on the breeder indicated for 7/12 plants and the other 5 they suggested another week.

The last big harvest was November we had an expected 6 hour power cut about a week before the breeder indicated. Then about the indicated time my stepson left the house lights on in the flower room for a night and we decided enough two days after again. That was a about a week early.

So last two harvests been out of my hands. Breeder is only guidance but the 12 this week were all @Barney's Farm and seemed pretty much spot on. Trichs and “attitude” but my Farmer buddy been visiting. He taught me a new one. Check the calyx ends for “tipping” or “pointing off” it can’t get another wave of buds out, its done and gonna die.

Flower room is due again soon - Day #37 since flip and again Barneys, 55-65 days. That’s a mould free room (the outdoor tents are the risk area) so I’ll hopefully be able to choose in my own sweet time!

But yeah long way of saying “Like you trich development, the breeders suggestion is taken into account somewhat - plus calyx's”

Thank you for your kind thoughts @NickHardy

Last Sunday my wife and I when through the drill again.

This time we got to the hospital and registered, placed my wife in her room and then they started wiring her up. Not long after they had her all connect when everything, they cancelled it again. The donor lived, thank god, but we are back to square one again. I don't want to sound morbid that the patience lived, but I don't think there is an easier way of saying it.

The OG Kush is moving along. I don't think 300 watts is going to be enough to fill this 3x3 tent wall to wall. The OG Kush is filling and spreading out across the net. I have one more week of stretch, so hopefully she will fill the net. She is 61 days of 12/12 and within her widow, so it just a matter of trichomes development now. I figure about another 10 days or so.

As for the GG #4 she is looking better and better every time I look at her. She has about day 18 of 12/12 so I am hoping for the last little bit of stretch to fill the net.

Here are some current images.

That's all folk's.

I will try to update my other two grow journals tomorrow.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

This time we got to the hospital and registered, placed my wife in her room and then they started wiring her up. Not long after they had her all connect when everything, they cancelled it again. The donor lived, thank god, but we are back to square one again. I don't want to sound morbid that the patience lived, but I don't think there is an easier way of saying it.

The OG Kush is moving along. I don't think 300 watts is going to be enough to fill this 3x3 tent wall to wall. The OG Kush is filling and spreading out across the net. I have one more week of stretch, so hopefully she will fill the net. She is 61 days of 12/12 and within her widow, so it just a matter of trichomes development now. I figure about another 10 days or so.

As for the GG #4 she is looking better and better every time I look at her. She has about day 18 of 12/12 so I am hoping for the last little bit of stretch to fill the net.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
Nice grow Tok. 🍋

That's all folk's.

Tok..
Looking nice Tok and wishing all the best for your wife. CL🍀

Thank you for stopping by and your kind words @KeithLemon and @CaptainLucky
I hope all is well with the both of you also?

Little bit of an update.

The @Canuk Seeds GG #4 that I decided to grow is about two week or so out. She has been a very easy plant to grow requiring very little extra effort, aside from some type of training. Her branches are full of buds that are forming nice long colas. I have been growing her under my @ViparSpectra XS2000 and her feed is @GeoFlora Nutrients.

Okay, now for the OG Kush. I currently have her spreading out under a 3x3 net. Sorry I always take images before I start tucking. I will start getting better images of before and after tucking. She still has a little bit more of stretching, so with a little luck she will make it to all four corners. If not, that's cool, because I still have some training tricks up my sleeve. What you are looking at in the current image will not be her final look.

Here are some current images and I will post another one or two after I finish tucking.

That's all folk's.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Thank you for stopping by and your kind words, @Stunger , @Regrowth and @Carmen Ray

I hope the new years is treating everyone well.

I am going to show a little trick I have at scrogging in about two weeks.
I don't do this all the time but if you scrog you should know how to do this for multiple reason.

If you look at my March entry for the Plant of the Year you will notice a different style of scrogging.
The reason I had to do this on this one plant is because I split the stem in two under the net. So. if scrogging is done right it is possible to raise the net at three to for weeks into flower and you will end up with a bouquet and it will keep it's form. It makes it a lot easier to work under the net also.

TR

GG4 looks great from above and in closeups but this pic really shows off the goods:

full

Sweet!

And that scrog looks like a master class so I'm looking forward to seeing what tricks you have up your sleeve. :)

Back
Top Bottom