420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: February 2023

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: February 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine as nominated and judged by the 420 Magazine member community.

All members are welcome to nominate other members' journals and vote on a winner each month. We ask that everyone please consider the following factors when suggesting nominees and voting on this contest:

• Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to published forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on Cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should feature or recommend our Sponsors' products whenever possible
The winner receives "Grow Journal of the Month" title and the following Prize Package:

420 Magazine: 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet & 420 Magazine Stickers
GeoPot: Winner's choice of 5 x 3 Gallon Pots, 3 x 5 Gallon Pots OR 1 x 15 Gallon Pot
Geoflora Nutrients: Geoflora Veg & Geoflora Bloom
Foods Alive: Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds
Sierra Natural Science: SNS-217 Spider Mite Control - 1 Quart Mix Pouch
Prescription Blend: Complete Nutrient Kit
Herbies Seeds: 3 Seeds Each of 3 Different Strains
Vivosun: Heat Mat and Digital Thermostat Combo
Mile High Cleaner: Deluxe Cleaning Kit

Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Members may only win this title once per calendar year.

This contest is open to single grow Journals in Progress only, that have been updated by the original poster within the last 30 days.

As of Jan 1, 2022, perpetual journals are no longer permitted to be nominated in our contests. We realized that this contest was not fair to those who have created single grow journals to highlight methods, sponsors and genetics, as most perpetual journals are half filled with off topic conversations. Single journals simply cannot compete with perpetual journals that have multiple grows, many pages and years of gathered followers. This is the kind of loophole that creates the "popularity contest" mindset, so we opted to remove it to minimize drama and keep things fair. While we truly appreciate the teaching, content and comradeship that a perpetual journal provides, we cannot allow them to be a part of this contest any longer, nor do we have the time, energy and resources to add another contest.

Please send your nominations to 420 Support (@Renee Roberts @Paul Squiggle or @Teddy Edwards) via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST and, at that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month to vote for a winner.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

This year's winners who are now ineligible for nomination:
January: @Keffka - Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
February Nominees
@The70’s - The70's 2nd Grow! 3 Strains, 3 Plants
I would like to nominate The70’s for Grow Journal of the Month- February.

The70’s is actively involved on the forum from greeting new members, supporting sponsors, and his experience is shines bright in his current grow.

He can often be found helping new members and making them feel welcome. Encouraging others to ask questions when they a not sure about something, and helping them alone the way.

He frequently recommending different sponsors to new member and old for anything form lights, too their nutrients, or seed needs. He has not had an opportunity to do a sponsor’s journal yet, that I am a where of, but when he does, he will bring out the best in the product.

The70’s grow journal is something to be admirer. He shows everything he is doing and answers any and all questions or comments. His growing ability is undisputed with his ladies always looking happy and healthy.

Don't vote until you give his journal a look: The70's 2nd Grow! 3 Strains, 3 Plants

@DeeBoy - One Plant Through My Perpetual Grow: Kerosene Krash - Seed To Smoke Report
This month I would like to nominate @DeeBoy and his:-

One Plant Through My Perpetual Grow: Kerosene Krash - Seed To Smoke Report

DeeBoy showcases a really interesting journal, like he says from seed, and not just any seed, it’s a $50 seed, and he literally brings it to life, which is lucky coz it would have been a really short and pointless journal if it snuffed it lolling.

Deeboy talks us through each step, with photography that’s on point. He is currently around day 86, and it’s nearly off with her head time.

It’s a great little read. It’s a quick read that’s not bogged down with off topic chat (for that you can catch him in his perpetual journal lollll).

I really hope it’s Deeboy’s month to shine.

Deeboy FTW!

@GainesvilleGreen - Hello 420 - My Haze, Mango & Berry Clone Grow
I would like to nominate @GainesvilleGreen - Hello 420 - My Haze, Mango & Berry Clone Grow for GJOM, His journal is informative with many topics that I find helpful. He goes out of his way to explain issues and always has great pictures detailing them.
I’d like to recommend @GainesvilleGreen journal: Hello 420 - My Haze, Mango & Berry Clone Grow

He’s got a pretty setup going on. His pictures look good and his environment is beautiful. He shares a lot of details and engages with everyone in his journal. Even when he was away on family business he still was providing pictures and updates. That’s dedication. He has a variety of plants going and takes advice well. An all around stellar grow.

@CrochetingHybrids - My First Grow: Georgia Pie
I'd like to submit My First Grow: Georgia Pie for Grow Journal of the Month. CrochetingHybrids is a diligent grower with a great attitude, pretty plants, regular updates, and a journal which is a really nice place to spend some time. She responds to all comments, asks great questions, and gives a good amount of detail in her posts. Her cheerful attitude and joy in growing really come through in her journal.

@StoneOtter - Cherries DubeLee In A S.I.P. - An LOS Grow
I'd like to nominate Stone Otter's Cherries DubeLee In A S.I.P. - An LOS Grow for this months GJOTM.

As we already know, Stone Otter provides us with a wealth of information and has always been one of the most positive members of this community.

This is yet another one of his journals that just goes above and beyond in documentation and overall cannabis commentary.

From growing plants to making cartridges, you can learn and follow along as Stone Otter shows us how to make doing what we love, even more fun.

A beautiful grow from a seasoned grower in an environment that is both engaging and educational.

@farside05 - A ViparSpectra KS3000, GroBucket SIPs, & FN Fertilizer, Oh My - By Farside05
I’d like to nominate @farside05 and his journal: A ViparSpectra KS3000, GroBucket SIPs, & FN Fertilizer, Oh My - By Farside05 for grow journal of the month. This journal has taken the best of his other journals and refined quite a bit. He’s using sponsors where appropriate while also showcasing his own wisdom and knowledge. His photos are detailed as well as his comments. He engages with the community within and without the journal and is quick to respond in a friendly and informative manner.

Oh and let’s not forget… TENT CHICKEN!

@NickHardy - Nick Hardy's Big Grow 2023 Gorilla Glue Skunk 11 OG Kush Coco Peat Co2 Mars Hydro
I’d like to recommend @NickHardy's grow journal:
Nick Hardy's Big Grow 2023 Gorilla Glue Skunk 11 OG Kush Coco Peat Co2 Mars Hydro

This journal is pretty wild. His setup departs from the norm from the very beginning with his custom electrical work. He has a large setup with a variety of strains that he has been growing quite successfully. He is responsive, detailed, and thorough both with his explanations and responses. He has plenty of pictures and doesn’t leave much to imagination. He’s also in a unique location working under non traditional circumstances which showcases his ingenuity and determination.

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

We are half way there, have you thought of someone to enter for this recognition?
Don't be late, submit a fellow grower.
Wish we had more cheerleaders like you bro! :thanks:

If we did we would have more monthly submissions.
Agreed 420%. Renee, Teddy and I do all kinds of stuff every month to try to help boost participation. Bumping threads, posting top site links, creating alerts, mentioning it in the weekly digest and more, but nothing seems to work as well as members boosting members. Cheers to you and the other selfless members who work tirelessly to increase the vibration of our community :thanks:

Agreed 420%. Renee, Teddy and I do all kinds of stuff every month to try to help boost participation. Bumping threads, posting top site links, creating alerts, mentioning it in the weekly digest and more, but nothing seems to work as well as members boosting members. Cheers to you and the other selfless members who work tirelessly to increase the vibration of our community :thanks:
I am a 70's stoner we; share our stuff, and recognized skills.

Last day for nominations is coming fast, make sure folks get them in this month! I’ve done my part as promised this month, hopefully others have/will as well!

Good morning Everyone :ciao:
Just a quick reminder, today is the last day of nominations.
Get your nomination in now.:thumb:
Also don't forget to check the batteries in your smoke detector.
Have a safe day everyone.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
February Nominees

@The70’s - The70's 2nd Grow! 3 Strains, 3 Plants
I would like to nominate The70’s for Grow Journal of the Month- February.

The70’s is actively involved on the forum from greeting new members, supporting sponsors, and his experience is shines bright in his current grow.

He can often be found helping new members and making them feel welcome. Encouraging others to ask questions when they a not sure about something, and helping them alone the way.

He frequently recommending different sponsors to new member and old for anything form lights, too their nutrients, or seed needs. He has not had an opportunity to do a sponsor’s journal yet, that I am a where of, but when he does, he will bring out the best in the product.

The70’s grow journal is something to be admirer. He shows everything he is doing and answers any and all questions or comments. His growing ability is undisputed with his ladies always looking happy and healthy.

Don't vote until you give his journal a look: The70's 2nd Grow! 3 Strains, 3 Plants

@DeeBoy - One Plant Through My Perpetual Grow: Kerosene Krash - Seed To Smoke Report
This month I would like to nominate @DeeBoy and his:-

One Plant Through My Perpetual Grow: Kerosene Krash - Seed To Smoke Report

DeeBoy showcases a really interesting journal, like he says from seed, and not just any seed, it’s a $50 seed, and he literally brings it to life, which is lucky coz it would have been a really short and pointless journal if it snuffed it lolling.

Deeboy talks us through each step, with photography that’s on point. He is currently around day 86, and it’s nearly off with her head time.

It’s a great little read. It’s a quick read that’s not bogged down with off topic chat (for that you can catch him in his perpetual journal lollll).

I really hope it’s Deeboy’s month to shine.

Deeboy FTW!

@GainesvilleGreen - Hello 420 - My Haze, Mango & Berry Clone Grow
I would like to nominate @GainesvilleGreen - Hello 420 - My Haze, Mango & Berry Clone Grow for GJOM, His journal is informative with many topics that I find helpful. He goes out of his way to explain issues and always has great pictures detailing them.
I’d like to recommend @GainesvilleGreen journal: Hello 420 - My Haze, Mango & Berry Clone Grow

He’s got a pretty setup going on. His pictures look good and his environment is beautiful. He shares a lot of details and engages with everyone in his journal. Even when he was away on family business he still was providing pictures and updates. That’s dedication. He has a variety of plants going and takes advice well. An all around stellar grow.

@CrochetingHybrids - My First Grow: Georgia Pie
I'd like to submit My First Grow: Georgia Pie for Grow Journal of the Month. CrochetingHybrids is a diligent grower with a great attitude, pretty plants, regular updates, and a journal which is a really nice place to spend some time. She responds to all comments, asks great questions, and gives a good amount of detail in her posts. Her cheerful attitude and joy in growing really come through in her journal.

@StoneOtter - Cherries DubeLee In A S.I.P. - An LOS Grow
I'd like to nominate Stone Otter's Cherries DubeLee In A S.I.P. - An LOS Grow for this months GJOTM.

As we already know, Stone Otter provides us with a wealth of information and has always been one of the most positive members of this community.

This is yet another one of his journals that just goes above and beyond in documentation and overall cannabis commentary.

From growing plants to making cartridges, you can learn and follow along as Stone Otter shows us how to make doing what we love, even more fun.

A beautiful grow from a seasoned grower in an environment that is both engaging and educational.

@farside05 - A ViparSpectra KS3000, GroBucket SIPs, & FN Fertilizer, Oh My - By Farside05
I’d like to nominate @farside05 and his journal: A ViparSpectra KS3000, GroBucket SIPs, & FN Fertilizer, Oh My - By Farside05 for grow journal of the month. This journal has taken the best of his other journals and refined quite a bit. He’s using sponsors where appropriate while also showcasing his own wisdom and knowledge. His photos are detailed as well as his comments. He engages with the community within and without the journal and is quick to respond in a friendly and informative manner.

Oh and let’s not forget… TENT CHICKEN!

@NickHardy - Nick Hardy's Big Grow 2023 Gorilla Glue Skunk 11 OG Kush Coco Peat Co2 Mars Hydro
I’d like to recommend @NickHardy's grow journal:
Nick Hardy's Big Grow 2023 Gorilla Glue Skunk 11 OG Kush Coco Peat Co2 Mars Hydro

This journal is pretty wild. His setup departs from the norm from the very beginning with his custom electrical work. He has a large setup with a variety of strains that he has been growing quite successfully. He is responsive, detailed, and thorough both with his explanations and responses. He has plenty of pictures and doesn’t leave much to imagination. He’s also in a unique location working under non traditional circumstances which showcases his ingenuity and determination.

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

Wow, 7 noms this month!

I've got a lot of reading to do in order to become and "informed" voter!

Congratulations to the nominees! Each one of you has done something that has caught the attention of others, keep up the great work!

Like @Grand Daddy Black said.. looks like I’ve got some reading to do lol

Lol. Wow!

Humbled. Post Dad jokes and grow flowers and get nominated for an award.

Thank you! Tux being dusted off. Speeches being written and sad but happy for the winner faces being practiced in the mirror.
😂

I believe campaigning for the award is forbidden. But two words is all,

“Blue buttons”

Check ‘em out

🤣

Nick & Co

Back
Top Bottom