• Xlr8 - Big Bang Automatic

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • kingredeye - bubba kush

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Goldengoose7 - Blue Cheese

Votes: 24 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nice plants everyone! Can't wait for my chance at this competition!

Good luck GoldenGoose!

Thanks Jay! Much appreciated! :thumb:

Regarding Twelve's post...

I actually agree with his observation that currently, these polls have a somewhat low participation rate and the primary participants ARE the more active members of 420.

I'm kind of torn between the way these contests run now, and how they might run if we had 1500+ people or more involved. How many submissions would be allowed then, and how would you control the number of entries. Any more choices than what we already have would make it that much harder to decide on who to choose! :laughtwo:

Ultimately, I think the more people that know about these and vote the better. Would definitely make things more interesting!

Anyway... I just wanted to add my support for Twelve since I really doubt he had any malicious intent within his comments. :)

How many submissions would be allowed then, and how would you control the number of entries.

6. Contest is open to the first 25 entries.

GoldenGoose,
Each of the contests is open to the first 25 entries. Not sure if they should put any additional qualifies in the criteria to enter (such as minimum number of posts, length of time on the site, points?). I think the system would work fine the way it is set up. But with 80K+ members and 1,800 views on the POTM, there is still only 63 votes.

no seeds, its a heirloom at this point, early in the 90's there was a breeder over in the UK but he trashed the project and all that is left are the very few scattered clones from what i know?

Sounds like it's time to break out the silver-thiosulfate solution, create a few male flowers, and self it. Even better if you could find a clone from different parents (although that might be impossible?), carefully create a few male flowers on each, harvest the pollen without allowing it to fertilize the respective plants, and then dust the pollen from each on a few female flowers on the other plants.

never been a big fan of fems, but at some point i think i will have to give it a go, is silver -thiosulfate the same thing as collidal silver?

GoldenGoose,
Each of the contests is open to the first 25 entries. Not sure if they should put any additional qualifies in the criteria to enter (such as minimum number of posts, length of time on the site, points?). I think the system would work fine the way it is set up. But with 80K+ members and 1,800 views on the POTM, there is still only 63 votes.

That is kind of odd that there are so many views compared to votes. Without knowing how this forum software counts page views, I'm not sure if that is significant or not.

Either way... It would be nice if more people participated. :thumb:

That is kind of odd that there are so many views compared to votes.

I was thinking about the same thing (unrelated matter) and it occurred to me that some of that can probably be accounted for: Guests (unregistered visitors) cannot vote - and a thread called "Plant of the Month" probably gets viewed by guests, lol - and search bots might also count as page views.

'bots will never vote (one hopes), but as for the visitors... Come on and join the fun, folks! Registration is quick, easy, and safe - and it allows you to participate instead of just being mute.

Maybe we can get some multi purpose advertising

BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS
"Devoted to giving that extra edge in your 420 Contests"

:D

Maybe we can get some multi purpose advertising

BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS
"Devoted to giving that extra edge in your 420 Contests"

:D

or maybe a contest with plants just grown with blue planet nutrients LOL, I could supply the nutes if folks picked up the shipping costs.....I may ask Rob if that is allowed.....

or maybe a contest with plants just grown with blue planet nutrients LOL, I could supply the nutes if folks picked up the shipping costs.....I may ask Rob if that is allowed.....
That is like getting the winning prize before you even start!

I gotta get some clones cut so i can start my damn hydro bucket, what would you recommend Blue should i do Sativa or indica with your nute line?

I gotta get some clones cut so i can start my damn hydro bucket, what would you recommend Blue should i do Sativa or indica with your nute line?

my choice would be a mix of mostly indica but about 30-40 percent sativa....I like purple strains as well :) but Id i had to choose between a straight indica and sativa....indica will always be my choice...I love to be couchlocked after about 10 pm :bongrip: and guess what, its after 10pm.....time for another bowl :bongrip:

Well Strawberry Kush it is, it gets Gnarly purple leaves with BIG ol Crystal layden buds

All my Cali buddies says that it could sit on the top shelf of any club, i dont know about that but it is really good but i am my own biggest critic...

here is a picture of her last time a flowered her out

CIMG3823.JPG

Organic in soil, im thinking i could really get some monster nugs in a hydro bucket

Back
Top Bottom