Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Captain Kronic

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Matanuska Valley

Votes: 9 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
re: Plant of the Month Contest: October 2010

Looking very good everyone! Sometimes its hard to decide which one-which one!? LOL
I am sure there has to be at least a couple more entries before the time is up!
:smokin:

Yes, this is exactly what I am proposing, still have not figured out why we are doing it the way we are currently, having such a hard time making sense of it. We may have to cut the voting short this time to merge the cycles into our new schedule.
Have you considered taking entries until say, the 15th of the month and then do the voting, declaring the winner on the last day of that month, that way it would be done promptly and smoothly.

Yes we will be replacing the sponsor of these contests regularly. ;)
Also, have you considered giving away Model 419s for first place winners?
I know I would rather win one of those pipes, probably others would too!

Have you considered taking entries until say, the 15th of the month and then do the voting, declaring the winner on the last day of that month, that way it would be done promptly and smoothly.
I'm sure there are others, like me who, not knowing when the deadline was, posted too early, I could have waited 2 weeks longer, big big difference.

I think that is a fantastic idea. Keep it all in the actual month. :grinjoint:

:popcorn: Damn thats sounds 2 easy 4 any 1 to like... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kronic View Post
I'm sure there are others, like me who, not knowing when the deadline was, posted too early, I could have waited 2 weeks longer, big big difference.
I think that is a fantastic idea. Keep it all in the actual month.

I know another site that has monthly contest. One month they have the nominations and the next month all the entrants are listed in a poll. I think the kind of poll where you do not see who voted for who are the best myself.

Well heck, here we are into the Month of Rocktober, I am ready to enter my next contestant... I still haven't gotten my last Months prize though... LOL

Looks like we may have to scrap last Months contest and move on!

Administrator

Re: Nug of the Month Contest: September 2010

While we are waiting for more feedback, I had an idea to make the contests all align properly, while also simplifying my workload associated with it.

How do you guys feel about extending this and the plant of the month contest for another 2 weeks of submissions, then start voting on the 15th?

This way I can start the Member of the Month contest now and all contests can begin running concurrently.

To make up for it I will include some extra prizes to make it a bit more exciting.

Is that cool with you guys?

We will miss a month, but gain extra prizes and organization.

Well heck, here we are into the Month of Rocktober, I am ready to enter my next contestant... I still haven't gotten my last Months prize though... LOL

Looks like we may have to scrap last Months contest and move on!

If you want to wait for nug of the month that cool with me it's only dry bud...
Now you are going to wait here all so, that is my under standing and let more in that is not cool and its unfair because I would of waited to enter 2 more weeks my plant will be done, you know where I am going with this...
I want to be doped from POTM and if you feel or want to drop me from NOTM thats cool 2...

I don't know how the voting works but I'm with the Captain and ready to put that Chocolate Chunk up for October!! Thought the poor little girl was a fake and never going to do a thing but must like the cooler weather/shorter days as was suggested.
Woodsman thks, it is bigger than anything on any of them this year. And the pink was a mystery? I'll have to go back and look, was planning on trying to find one for next year it was so pretty!! Well, soon as someone says how/when to vote, I'll be here! Have to go find the post the had the cure for little white bugs...mystery plant is also tempermental apparently, only one with them on it!!

So let me try to understand this Boss. You are going to scrap the POM contest for Sept. and then open it up again now to except entries until the 15th of Oct. then we would vote from the that date until the end of Oct. That would be the POM October then?

Now that's great but leaves me and others possibly out in left field. I have more current (and better) photos of my entry that could have been used had I known. Not sure If I'm diggin this. I do not care if I win (would be nice, but not necessary) as I am not normally wanting to be involved in this stuff anyways. So now we've got to wait till the 15th just to have the voting begin and wait another month to get the winner.

You should allow those of us that wish to withdraw to do so and those of us that now have better photos of previously entered pics to substitute them. How are you going to do that?

Not upset, just bewildered. Nothing like changing the rules in the middle of a contest! It is your show so do what you like. If I was you though, I'd let this contest run out and then starting today open up October for entrants till the 15th. You'd have voting for Sept in progress and at the same time take new entries for Oct.

If you cancel this months contest - Sept - you must let those of use that had already entered to have the choice of switching existing photos to more current ones for Oct.

Sorry for the ramble

MV, your submissions for plant and nug of the month have been deleted as requested.

After much discussion and thought, we are going to allow people to enter the same submission repeatedly until we reach 25 entries each month, at that time we will revisit the situation. Everyone cool with that?

As for this month, we will lose last month's contest, however I'll add more prizes to make it worthwhile. ;)

Captain, please send me a pm about this prize you did not receive and I'll make sure you get it, thank you.

Everyone please keep submitting your entries until the 15th of October.

I'll get the Member of the Month up later tonight. :)

We posted at the same time brother Woodsman.

Yes
You are going to scrap the POM contest for Sept. and then open it up again now to except entries until the 15th of Oct. then we would vote from the that date until the end of Oct. That would be the POM October then?

I can simply remove your entry upon request, then you can post a new entry when ready, is that okay?
Now that's great but leaves me and others possibly out in left field. I have more current (and better) photos of my entry that could have been used had I known. Not sure If I'm diggin this. I do not care if I win (would be nice, but not necessary) as I am not normally wanting to be involved in this stuff anyways. So now we've got to wait till the 15th just to have the voting begin and wait another month to get the winner.

Yes
You should allow those of us that wish to withdraw to do so and those of us that now have better photos of previously entered pics to substitute them. How are you going to do that?

I understand and apologize however I am running the ship half staff right now, Soniq my right hand man is on a business trip and I am trying to do things he normally does, if I had my way, nothing would change and I wouldn't be doing any of this to begin with, so let's all please try to work together and have some patience, understanding and compassion for the situation please, thank you. :)
Not upset, just bewildered. Nothing like changing the rules in the middle of a contest! It is your show so do what you like. If I was you though, I'd let this contest run out and then starting today open up October for entrants till the 15th. You'd have voting for Sept in progress and at the same time take new entries for Oct.

Not a problem, your wish is my command brother. ;)
If you cancel this months contest - Sept - you must let those of use that had already entered to have the choice of switching existing photos to more current ones for Oct.

wow...whats been goin on....?:)...my entry wil have to stay as it is..its gonna look poor now against all the updates, but its in a jar now so is way past qualifying as a plant...not that im complainin of course...way better for me in a jar than in a pot:slide:

Alright then boss, things being what they are... I would like to pull my current entry pics. I will put up some fresher photos since we are offered that option... thank you!
Now that I have drawn out the competition, I know what I am up against... time to break out the secret weapon!

You see peeps, this was my plan all along so I could see what the other guys had... OK BOSS... we can start the real contest now! :grinjoint:

Also... the staff here are doing a swell job, I know sometimes shite don't work out the way it should. You guys do a great job here and I'm sure this will all smooth out and we'll all be happy campers down the road... let peace and brotherly affection rule in all things!

WOW...I'm confused now.

...Just logged in to see if voting has opened yet, and found a few more pages of reading to do.

I don't understand what has been decided for this month's contest. Is it cancelled? Is it still going? Why are people pulling entries out??

Anyone?

Thanks boss for letting us withdraw (I am) , I guess I will re enter with new pics (same plant, just more mature and better looking) if that 's OK with you.

I was not mad or upset, never was and don't plan on it! Not my nature. Just confused :Rasta: that's more my nature!

Thanks brother Boss!

Back
Top Bottom