480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

Irish, I'm reading along in the thread but I've gotten a little confused.
Are your plant only using TRF's or are you adding any sort of nutes?

I stole this!!!

How to size your exhaust fan
:thanks: very good post my friend.:bravo:

Happy New Year brother!

Great Journal
+Rep
5 Stars
Thanks brother, Happy New Year to you also my friend.
Hi Irish, Happy New Year! I’m a new poster here but have been catching up on your journals recently. You have done amazing things and have truly helped LED’s come to the forefront where they belong. It was your 600W LED journal that inspired me to purchase two 180W LED’s from Mike…they are fantastic! So thank you!

Wish I knew that a few weeks ago haha!
One question that has been rattling through my brain is: what do we do when our lights reach the end of their useful lives?
With most any other type of light, you simply replace the bulb, but we can’t exactly do that. So at the end of 10,000 hours or 833 days (12hrs/day) or 2.28 years, what happens? And how much will it cost?
Happy New Year to you also my friend.
Thanks for the kind words my friend, nice to know you enjoyed my grows.

looks like Mike answered ur question
Great post! Very nice to have straight forward formula like that.

I am confused by one part however.
My understanding is that with co2 the primary reason for ventilation is temp & humidity control. Also ventilation should not be run continuously with co2 or the gas is wasted. So I don't understand why the formula has increased cfm for co2. Is that because the ventilation should only come on as needed, and then it should exchange the air more rapidly than a continuously vented area? Then get back to no venting and higher co2 levels in less time? Also with co2, above average temps are desired, correct?

SS, Your journal has been amazing! Great work.
I really look forward to your next mythbuster/head2head/experiment/whatever you decide.
Whatever you do decide to do will be detailed, thorough, and well executed. A total pleasure to follow. cant wait.

Irish, I am so glad you doing the all organic XG thing with the one set, and no ph on the watering. I absolutely love the Idea of a super simple, all organic, system like what you are testing out. What a great service you are providing to everyone by testing these products out and letting us all see what happens. Question: Do you know when they plan on putting that tea for sale to the public?
Everything looks incredibly healthy! You are really getting the CRF/TRF stuff dialed in, Much respect!
Cant wait to see some more 2 litre monsters! :yahoo:
Peace, CH
wish i could help you but i am not too sure about CO2? ive always wanted to just get a room controller if i went the CO2 thats way it would do everything for me.lol

The tea and all of the XG products are good very good, i couldn't see anything els do better, not one thing wrong with those girls! this is by far the easiest grow i have ever done by far. i have some friends that are switching over the gardens to these products now. i have no idea when their going to put out the tea though?
Irish, I'm reading along in the thread but I've gotten a little confused.
Are your plant only using TRF's or are you adding any sort of nutes?

with the plants that are getting the TRF i am just adding Green fuse, seaweed and carbs. the big NPK is from the TRF's

Jack Herer 5 days in bloom under the 300w leds
100_3949.JPG
100_3955.JPG
100_39501.JPG
100_3951.JPG

I am loving those Jack's Irish! Interested to see how that specific variety fairs under these units.

Love the LST work. Very nice.

Much respect, and happy new year!

-Go

i might have asked you before I dont remember, how often are you giving them seaweed ?
every feeding, so about once a week since thats when i water
I am loving those Jack's Irish! Interested to see how that specific variety fairs under these units.

Love the LST work. Very nice.

Much respect, and happy new year!

-Go

thanks brother. happy new year to u bro.

Lookin good irish!! how far do you keep the led's during flowering? i can move my 600w panel to withink 2 inches and the plants dont burn or anything...Ive been keeping it at 10'' to provide better coverage, but will you be moving them closer for flowering?

I've been wondering the same thing :) I think during veg he said he keeps em around 20" but I'm not sure about flower. Irish, have you figured out the relationship b/w light distance and plant height/node spacing with LED?

Like krillerkoala said, they're so cool, you could have em basically touching the plants. I would imagine the closer the better, because light intensity diminishes logarithmically; is that the case? Are buds better at shorter distances?

i keep them about 30-34" in veg, and around 15-20" in bloom. with these GLH leds closer is not better IMO like other company's i have use in the past, last grow when i ran out of head room and the lights got close it bleached my tops good. with the 1w leds they can be used at 10" or around their because their not as intense as these ones. i also think the closer these lights are the more it frys the resin. 16-20" seems to be good for most strains ive done with them

How big of an area for those ceramic heaters Irish? Those socket-type.

We should determine some sort of area they heat, per square foot, or cubic foot; something.

What ya think?

Thanks for the light advice, you should have it in your sig. lol

-Go

How big of an area for those ceramic heaters Irish? Those socket-type.

We should determine some sort of area they heat, per square foot, or cubic foot; something.

What ya think?

Thanks for the light advice, you should have it in your sig. lol

-Go

i have one of them in my 4x4 tent. keeps my temps perfect when lights out. the room the tent is in is a 10x10 and the exhaust just goes into that room and is reused. couldn't tell you the room temp with the heater off? i know my tent was getting in the mid 50's now its in the mid 70's with lights out

as far as light hight i am sure every strain has their own they like. i dont really measure just go by how my plants are looking/reacting. but 15-20 in flower seems to be ball park.

i keep them about 30-34" in veg, and around 15-20" in bloom. with these GLH leds closer is not better IMO like other company's i have use in the past, last grow when i ran out of head room and the lights got close it bleached my tops good. with the 1w leds they can be used at 10" or around their because their not as intense as these ones. i also think the closer these lights are the more it frys the resin. 16-20" seems to be good for most strains ive done with them

In that case, im going to have to make my box bigger, as the light has about 15'' of clearance just for the hanging piece... any ideas on another way to hang it? its so nifty that its such a small panel, but its weight makes it difficult to play with

And nice plants btw!!! looks like youre going to have some fat nugs all over your ladies :tokin:

ooOOOoooOOooOO man!!

It reminds me of the PS180 for some reason, the growth seems similar, but I am sure it is greater with Mike's unit, eh?

Are the CJ's sativa dominant, Irish? I don't know much about the strain. They look as if they may go for a long time 10+ weeks?

Hope all is well brotha, at least as well as your grow!

Much respect-

-Go

Nice Irish, the color just looks awesome in the pictures.
thanks buddy
pretty babies....they look very sativish....niceeee....L
yup the stretcher guessing its the 80% sativa they have?
In that case, im going to have to make my box bigger, as the light has about 15'' of clearance just for the hanging piece... any ideas on another way to hang it? its so nifty that its such a small panel, but its weight makes it difficult to play with

And nice plants btw!!! looks like youre going to have some fat nugs all over your ladies :tokin:
might not be the case for u? i think each strain reacts different and ur also using i different led light i believe? it could just be somthing in mike wavelengths? other led lights ive used were able to be up to 8". just see how ur plants are reacting to the lights before you build anything bigger or raise ur lights, if they looks stressed or real droopy them maybe raise the lights.
ooOOOoooOOooOO man!!

It reminds me of the PS180 for some reason, the growth seems similar, but I am sure it is greater with Mike's unit, eh?

Are the CJ's sativa dominant, Irish? I don't know much about the strain. They look as if they may go for a long time 10+ weeks?

Hope all is well brotha, at least as well as your grow!

Much respect-

-Go

yes their 80% sativa said to flower for 70 days from others that have grown that strain.
i am starting to wonder if its the TRF's ie. DM red making them more stretch and less laves? because my Jack Herers are known for starching big with less leaves and thats not the case with them in my organic 300w room, so since they have different foods i am wondering if maybe this is why? IDK but the CJ is more lanky but not bad, just use to the nodes being stacked from my older grows. could be just the strain though because i know its a very stretchy strain, but what trips me out is their hardly any leaves on them nice and open, not sure if that normal or its its the DM red doing that? hope they just fill in latter on into huge colas.. its hard to say since they are very fresh to flowering right now only 2 weeks.

im subbed! just ordered my 180w from GLH a day ago wish i would have known you could have gotten me a discount, all good tho.. 180w is back ordered 2 weeks so ill be patienly waiting... ive checked out your other grows and am impressed with what youve done and am eagar to get mine running...:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom