480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

hey irish--check out the sony dsc-h50 camera--i sell junk on ebay i buy at local auctions and it takes so good of pictures i cant hide anything any more even the tinyist little scratch you can hardly see by eye shows up in the pics just as clear as can be-it's 15x optical zoom, full 1080 hd
the only bad thing i can say about it is it takes a differant memory card than any other brand camera and you'll need an extra 8-20.00 card reader to load pics onto the computer(cheaper 1's break really easy-better to get the good 1 to start with), it does movies and has a night shot function which allows good pictures to be taken in pitch black darkness, it has so many features that i will never use it's pathetic and it ran me approx 300.00 a little over a year ago. it was only a month old when my old house burnt half down on the coldest day of last year, it was frozen inside of 2 inches of ice on my computer desk when unthawed and let dry out good for a week it still worked great and im still useing it today. i just love the shit out of sony products

and the sony cam i posted about will take nice zoomed in pics but you must get exactly the right distance from object when zooming in or the pic will be blurry--it takes a little practice to get the distance to zoom in from right but when you hit that sweet spot its all good

Hello Irish, If you are looking for a camera for some macro close ups my first choice would be a digital SLR that you can change lenses, I use canon myself but any will do. The only issue is your going to spend on the bottom end $400 body and another $200 for a decent macro lens, another solution and you will get OK quality and for posting pics on the internet should be fine, would be the following:

Canon PowerShot SX10 - approx. $370.00

Canon PowerShot SX130is - approx. $180.00

For posting pics on the internet, either would do just fine.

Hope this helps...

There is another choice, but will get increasingly harder to get.

The older Canon S3 IS, which is a 12x and the flagship superzoom for Canon a few years ago, has the ability to accept accessory macro lenses.

There's a ring on the front of the stock lens that screws off, and you screw an adapter on that accepts 58mm filters and accessory macro, wide angle, etc., lenses, which are a lot cheaper than SLR lenses.

Of course, you don't the the low-light sensitivity with the S3 that you would get with an SLR, but the image quality and stabilization are really good.

I've used a tripod maybe once or twice in all the time I've been a member here.

I got one used on ebay for $100, and I would normally never buy something like a used camera on ebay, but I took the risk and it arrived in great shape.

I also use a Panasonic Lumix ZS-3, which is also 12x, Leica lens, and does a really nice job.

Hello Irish, I would say you will have to zoom in on it once you get it on your computer but you will be able to see those colors for sure.. Maybe not super clear but all those cameras will go the trick. Good luck...

also, for what we do, you *really* want a camera that has manual white balance adjustment, so that you can correct for yellow HPS, pink LED, etc.

In fact, for what we do, lack of manual white balance when you're looking for a decent camera should be an instant deal-breaker, IMO

Sorry to rehijack this thread back to LED's lol but I just had a quick ? for Irish Boy.. I have a 4x4 tent that i'm about to start growing in. What would you say would be decent (not overbearing) wattage of LED's to throw in there (based on GrowLedHydro lamps)? Thank you.

P1012496.JPG

Here is a micro shot with an 8.0 megapixel with zoom.Not a fancy camera as far as beeing able to change lenses but you can get an ideal of what a 14 megapixal will due which is almost 2 times the detail.What I did was take a high res.pic then crop it with the camera software to get it to fit with the available upload space we have.

I'm not sure what kind of cam you have irish but you might not even need a new one if this macro lens will fit but it says it's universal it just snaps on, it's the one I'm using and it's worth every penny!
Amazon: Raynox DCR-250, Macro-Scan 2.5x Super Macro Conversion Lens, with Snap-on Universal Mount for 52mm to 67mm

1667444109478.png

thanks everyone for the pics and great info give me a idea on what to look for.. i also agree the the white balance is a must and a deal breaker.
i forgot to say what i am using right now. its a Kodak CD93 9.2mp with 3x opt zoom.

Sorry to rehijack this thread back to LED's lol but I just had a quick ? for Irish Boy.. I have a 4x4 tent that i'm about to start growing in. What would you say would be decent (not overbearing) wattage of LED's to throw in there (based on GrowLedHydro lamps)? Thank you.
i think two 290's would do great. my tent is that size and the older two 240's were nice in it.
I'm not sure what kind of cam you have irish but you might not even need a new one if this macro lens will fit but it says it's universal it just snaps on, it's the one I'm using and it's worth every penny!
Amazon: Raynox DCR-250, Macro-Scan 2.5x Super Macro Conversion Lens, with Snap-on Universal Mount for 52mm to 67mm
very cool bro, this what you got? works pretty good.

i forgot to say what i am using right now. its a Kodak CD93 9.2mp with 3x opt zoom.

Cool, I was going to ask what type of camera you have. You do not need a new camera. Most likely you need to go into the cameras settings and turn up the picture quality. You seem to have it set on about 2MP or 800x600, which will allow you to take more pictures with a small SD card. If you have a decent size (2GB or larger) you should set the setting for to 9MP, which will be like 2290x1450 or something crazy. But after you capture the image in high detail you can then crop or format to fit the 1mb file size requirement. I have a 8.2MP camera and it will take very hi-detail pictures. Also, if you haven't yet, look for the macro setting. It is most often shown as a small Flower looking icon of some sort. You must turn on Macro on most all cameras. It will not take good macro shots unless Macro is activated. Usually when I macro shots, I never zoom in. I set macro and move very very close to the object. Seems great for trich shots. Anyway, hope you can at least try some of the things I mentioned before dropping money you might not need to. You currently aren't taking full advantage of the camera you have.

Let me know what you think. Test a few shots and post'em.

:popcorn:

Cropped
DSCF0074_cropped_.JPG

Original (compressed)
dscf0074f.jpg

This was done using only a 8.2MP camera with no special macro lens, just the macro setting activated. Your 9.2 can do this easily as well.

Hello Irish, The deal with white balance really should not be a deal breaker. You are going to bring your photos onto your computer. Most cameras come with software or as I do use my own. But all of them come with White balance adjusting. You are almost always going to get the best results with software rather than letting your camera do it. Especially with a lower end ones.. Just a thought... Good luck and :peacetwo:

Yeah that's what I have it works great. I can take microscopic pics with that thing, its insane.
very cool, seen it on youtube very nice, just have to see if it will fit my camera?
Cool, I was going to ask what type of camera you have. You do not need a new camera. Most likely you need to go into the cameras settings and turn up the picture quality. You seem to have it set on about 2MP or 800x600, which will allow you to take more pictures with a small SD card. If you have a decent size (2GB or larger) you should set the setting for to 9MP, which will be like 2290x1450 or something crazy. But after you capture the image in high detail you can then crop or format to fit the 1mb file size requirement. I have a 8.2MP camera and it will take very hi-detail pictures. Also, if you haven't yet, look for the macro setting. It is most often shown as a small Flower looking icon of some sort. You must turn on Macro on most all cameras. It will not take good macro shots unless Macro is activated. Usually when I macro shots, I never zoom in. I set macro and move very very close to the object. Seems great for trich shots. Anyway, hope you can at least try some of the things I mentioned before dropping money you might not need to. You currently aren't taking full advantage of the camera you have.

Let me know what you think. Test a few shots and post'em.

:popcorn:

Cropped
DSCF0074_cropped_.JPG

Original (compressed)
dscf0074f.jpg

This was done using only a 8.2MP camera with no special macro lens, just the macro setting activated. Your 9.2 can do this easily as well.

its set on 9mp and i use the micro setting, i just really dont like the pics this camera takes, ive seen ones with lower mp and they take better ones. ur look nice.

Hello Irish, The deal with white balance really should not be a deal breaker. You are going to bring your photos onto your computer. Most cameras come with software or as I do use my own. But all of them come with White balance adjusting. You are almost always going to get the best results with software rather than letting your camera do it. Especially with a lower end ones.. Just a thought... Good luck and :peacetwo:
just got some new sofware.photo lab thing going to mess around with it. thanks bro
thanks for the info sonzor, and I have not played around with software white-balance correction, so I'll retract my "deal-breaker" comment

:thanks:

;)

got some Roots organic soil today for the new girls, have the Casey Jones in their home maybe Monday? still waiting for the roots to come

thinking about going to lowes and getting some 5gal buckets to use as pots, after seeing my 5gal nursery pots next to a 5gal bucket made me realize how much bigger the buckets are.

was looking into the 7gal nursery pots i like those girls nice a roomy for my roots but at $4.50 per pot ill hold off.

what you guys thank about the 5 gal buckets instead?

Actually, on second thought, I have played around with trying to correct yellow HPS pics with software, and at least with the software I was using, I couldn't get the results I wanted.

but that was at least a couple years ago, and editing software may do a better job today

in fact, the reason I upgraded my camera was to get manual white balance, so.........................

instead of retracting my "deal-breaker" statement, I'll just say that YMMV

but..........., before you spring for a new camera, see if you can get the results you want with software ;)

Back
Top Bottom