5'X5' One Plant Scrog Pounder With LED

Forgot to add we had snow and its been 28degrees to 30s here so trying to keep plants warm in garage lol.

Lol May snow showers bring bud flowers? Yeah alot of people I talked to out here that grew outdoors said Colorado weather makes it tough. Lots of mites and early/late snow showers are a killer. Never tried myself tho was kinda interested. Also you can make a greenhouse pretty easy with PVC pipe and plastic. They never said how good of a lock you have to have lol.

20140515_041258.jpg
20140515_041313.jpg
20140515_041355.jpg
20140515_041514.jpg
20140515_041451.jpg
20140515_041432.jpg
20140515_041536.jpg
20140515_041601.jpg

Hi CO. Great thread! I followed over from your comment in my journal (Baked Alaskan's Hi Brix Vertical Grow). I seriously considered LEDs for this last run, but I read up on well tuned vertical grows and it the curiousity is killing me to see how high of a GPW I can pull out of HPS in a vertical style.

Here is my question - Since you have been growing with LEDs, how do they compare for you? Im interested in terms of energy expended, heat to vent out, and canopy penetration. Im still a bit leery about the prospect of switching over, but in the end it is about great bud with the most effecient setup.

Anyway, would appreciate your thoughts now that you have some real-world experience with LEDs.

Cheers!
/BA

Hi CO. Great thread! I followed over from your comment in my journal (Baked Alaskan's Hi Brix Vertical Grow). I seriously considered LEDs for this last run, but I read up on well tuned vertical grows and it the curiousity is killing me to see how high of a GPW I can pull out of HPS in a vertical style.

Here is my question - Since you have been growing with LEDs, how do they compare for you? Im interested in terms of energy expended, heat to vent out, and canopy penetration. Im still a bit leery about the prospect of switching over, but in the end it is about great bud with the most effecient setup.

Anyway, would appreciate your thoughts now that you have some real-world experience with LEDs.

Cheers!
/BA
Good to see you here. Thanks for stopping by. I would have to say my 600 worth of LED is growing around a 900 watt bulbs. I grew the same Train with a 1k MH and HPS about 8 months ago and I am seeing these LED are Keeping up with them no problem. My bill for that bulb grow averaged 480 a month. My two rooms here with LED and T5 is 268. As far as temps go I have three of them lights going and my main fan is still on low. Mine run way cooler. I promise you this. If you get the right lights for your foot print and plant count you will be amazed. I am still running my 1K MH and HPS but now more for test grows to compare to my LED. If you have time and are allowed to watch youtube check out my youtube page with all my videos growing with them. My next video is going to show some sweet things about LED. I have 5 plants growing under one 144x3 and they are about half way threw flower. You can see they do not have enough light by the way the buds are forming compared to the 5x5 scrog sitting right next to them. I just got a 192x3 today and I will be running it starting tonight. Now we are going to see the change in the buds.

looks great! I have a purple wreck in day 16 in flower with 2 mars2 1200w flower spectrum. I'm hoping for over a pound also. Seeing yours gives me hope. just curious why u chose the 3w reflectors over the 5w mars2 models?

when the 420mag site was down last night I forgot about posting my video Update. Check this crazy flower room out now lol.

Sorry about this. This video was done before the last two I posted. A little out of order.

Nice additions dude and your room is looking cool with all the LED's. I am going to buy a 3x3 tent and one LED light. I assuming you did your research before purchasing. What LED would you recommend to cover a 3 x 3 area? I see some claiming there coverage but then I talk to people who have them and it is smaller than they claim. Any ideas on that bro?

Nice additions dude and your room is looking cool with all the LED's. I am going to buy a 3x3 tent and one LED light. I assuming you did your research before purchasing. What LED would you recommend to cover a 3 x 3 area? I see some claiming there coverage but then I talk to people who have them and it is smaller than they claim. Any ideas on that bro?
Thank you.
A 3x3 puts you right between to lights. One on the small side and one a little over kill. Can you let me know how tall the tent is? And how many plants you might put in there?

I actually just bought a 4 x 4 tent. I saw your LED panel on Ebay. I am thinking of getting three 600 watt LED's and I could get them for $900. Two to cover my 3' x 5' ScroG and one to cover six smaller plants in the 4 x 4 tent. Do you think one 600 W LED would actually cover 4 x 4 or should I get two slightly smaller or two 600 W for the tent as well? Also how does the veg/flower thing work or do you just run both on?

I actually just bought a 4 x 4 tent. I saw your LED panel on Ebay. I am thinking of getting three 600 watt LED's and I could get them for $900. Two to cover my 3' x 5' ScroG and one to cover six smaller plants in the 4 x 4 tent. Do you think one 600 W LED would actually cover 4 x 4 or should I get two slightly smaller or two 600 W for the tent as well? Also how does the veg/flower thing work or do you just run both on?

I would run two 144x3 to cover 3x5 scrog and one 192x3 cover 4x4. I got two 144x3 that cover 5x5 scrog right now. the Veg flower thing works. In veg only the light has less red witch is perfect and then when you run them in flower you add the extra red. The lights are full spectrum they just have extra red when you add bloom switch. The lights are not made to run in just bloom mode witch is fine. Now from what I have seen is the 144x3 is the only one with extra fans. The mars and 192x3 only have 2 and I have no clue why that is but makes a little more heat.

Back
Top Bottom