CO'S 5X5 Tent Grow With Mars Hydro LEDs

Hey Co Finest nice update. I notice that you have what looks like sand in your pots. Is this a layer to stop insects? Me and arellanobrian were discussing this sort of treatment and I know that he seems to have success using this method. I tried Diatomaceous earth and have had a good result with my pest problem (thrips and spider mites) along with some SMC, but if sand does the trick with no harmful effects (we were discussing whether it affected oxygen levels in the soil) then that would be a nice cost saver if ever the problems reappear. I hadn't noticed that you used sand in your videos or pictures before, maybe it's because it only came up recently that I noticed. Do you use this regularly? Sorry for the probably noob type question but you know what it's like when you have enthusiasm for growing and read (probably too much) into everything. All the best :thumb:

Hey Kriaze

Yes you are right, I learned it from CO some time ago.
It works great against anything what lives in soil and the roots use all the soil till the sand.
And it helps me get the humidity down a bit.

I use sand for playgrounds, clean and cheap.

Hey Co Finest nice update. I notice that you have what looks like sand in your pots. Is this a layer to stop insects? Me and arellanobrian were discussing this sort of treatment and I know that he seems to have success using this method. I tried Diatomaceous earth and have had a good result with my pest problem (thrips and spider mites) along with some SMC, but if sand does the trick with no harmful effects (we were discussing whether it affected oxygen levels in the soil) then that would be a nice cost saver if ever the problems reappear. I hadn't noticed that you used sand in your videos or pictures before, maybe it's because it only came up recently that I noticed. Do you use this regularly? Sorry for the probably noob type question but you know what it's like when you have enthusiasm for growing and read (probably too much) into everything. All the best :thumb:

I just showed the huge roots that grow right bellow the sand, They can get oxygen very easy with only 1-2" of sand no problem. If your using air or auto pots they will also get from the sides. Plastic they will get from the bottom and threw sand. I did say make sure you use play box sand not beach sand. Beach sand will cut off air cuz it gets hard quick from being way to fine. Play box sand is very course and does not get hard from watering and allows air in. With a layer of sand it will stop all larva growing pest, they can not get threw the sand to lay there larva. If you have bugs two good things to do. One sand layer two bottom feed for two weeks. Two things larva laying bugs hate is sand and dry top soil. They can not live. The sand also keeps the top layer of soil from crusting up and soft by stopping the lights from baking the top soil, Sand reflects heat and dissipates it very well. I have shown a few times on my videos the top layer of roots after harvest. I use sand on every plant and have been doing it for 20+years indoors and outdoors. Also outdoors, crushed clam shells are awesome to spread around your plants. It gives them mag and other nutes it also will stop ANY soft belly bugs (snails,slugs so on) in there tracks. It is like walking on glass for them. Never ever go into your indoor garden if you have been outside on the grass or by plants without changing what you were wearing,Bugs love to hitch rides on socks and anything they can get on and last thing it clean clean clean.

Hey Kriaze

Yes you are right, I learned it from CO some time ago.
It works great against anything what lives in soil and the roots use all the soil till the sand.
And it helps me get the humidity down a bit.

I use sand for playgrounds, clean and cheap.

Thank you my friend for your post, I appreciate you taking your time to post.

Thanks for clarifying the sand issue CO I just started using it and have great success with the bugs but have problems telling when I need to water as I'm doing a scrog so can't pick pot up and top is covered so can't tell if dry, any advice for these issues? Great technique for fungus ants though!

Ok so back to my grow. 5x5 tent grow is going good, for me so sad to see small plants getting flowered. The two 144x3 reflectors are still working outstanding on all the plants.
SAM_08155.JPG
SAM_08163.JPG
SAM_08171.JPG
SAM_08183.JPG

The three year+ old mothers are doing great and have a lot of new growth. They have about two weeks left and they are going to be flipped into flower
SAM_08213.JPG
SAM_08223.JPG

The three last mid aged plants are about ready to go into the main flower room very soon. I just have to build something to hang the three lights I am going to use over each plant.
SAM_08233.JPG

The six clones that were rooted in solo cups have now been transplanted into used 2 gallon smart pots They are doing ok as well. Some were a little unhappy with being transplanted before roots were big enough. I have just told them to just get over it and start growing your azz up.
SAM_08252.JPG
SAM_08242.JPG

high CO Finest,like your pics:thumb:

Hi CO F hope all runs your way.

Could you give me your option on this
HW Dream Machine 6weeks in bloom
For me looks like cal-mag I use ro and give about 10ml/gal

IMG_20150624_215917.jpg

IMG_20150624_215928.jpg

HSO Blue Dream same age and water looks like mor mag ?

IMG_20150624_215817.jpg

IMG_20150624_215830.jpg

Both are side by side under 350W LED

Thx Darkgrow

Hi CO F hope all runs your way.

Could you give me your option on this
HW Dream Machine 6weeks in bloom
For me looks like cal-mag I use ro and give about 10ml/gal

IMG_20150624_215917.jpg

IMG_20150624_215928.jpg

HSO Blue Dream same age and water looks like mor mag ?

IMG_20150624_215817.jpg

IMG_20150624_215830.jpg

Both are side by side under 350W LED

Thx Darkgrow

Its Cal problem 100%. Now may be a few reasons. In soil, calcium is best absorbed by the roots in the 6.2 - 7.0 pH range (in soil, it's generally recommended to keep the pH between 6.0 - 7.0, but calcium specifically tends to be best absorbed above 6.2. How to fix flush your system with clean, pH'd water that contains a regular dose of nutrients that includes calcium. This will remove any nutrient salts that may be affected the uptake of calcium and help restore pH to the proper levels. Checking run off ph. Now In hydro, calcium is best absorbed by the roots in the 6.2 - 6.5 pH range (in hydro, it's generally recommended to keep the pH between 5.5 - 6.5, but calcium specifically tends to be best absorbed above 6.2) flush and do the same. You are getting a cal/mag lock out my friend. Now the one at 6 weeks you are going to be flushing or in that last stage so flush pure water with cal/mag only no nutes if doing flush, Big thing is to clean out and get ph right all at the same time so plants start up taking your cal/mag, now if you don't and keep adding more, to much cal/mag can lock out other nutes and cause a shit load more problems and you will think you have problems that you really do not have,so go with flush. Keep it green my friend and I wish you the best..

Hello 420mag family, Just a quick post today, I was looking at some trichomes and thought some of you would like to see.
tric11.jpg
tric22.jpg
tric41.jpg
tric31.jpg
tric51.jpg

Thank you all for stopping by, I will be doing a main flower build update soon. :passitleft:

Looking good CO cant wait to see more of those beautiful buds :volcano-smiley:

Forgot to bring up with a cal/mag lock out, there also can be a iron as well, they tend to lock out together. A lock out do to salt can be very tricky and is over looked many times, main reason is it can still show and good ph in run off some times in soil and just blocks nutes needed. That is one of the main reasons you will see posted to do flush's all the time when a problem comes up. A good habit you can make is doing one right when you flip to 12/12 so you give the soil a good fresh clean and not risk having a little problem that makes a big one when in flower.

Whats up all, Good to see you all again. I got so much builds going on right now hard to get any free time unless I dont sleep like now lol. Here is some updates on some grows. I will start with the 5x5 flower tent with the two 144x3 and one ufo.
SAM_08831.JPG
SAM_08841.JPG
SAM_0885.JPG
SAM_0886.JPG

Now going over to the main flower room. BIG difference now, The plants have a lot of new strong growth and loving the new add to there feed. They are still in veg waiting on the exhaust to get done and intake. If you al could only see how big they really are, Cams make them look so small.

SAM_08872.JPG
SAM_0888.JPG
SAM_0889.JPG
SAM_0890.JPG

Now the veg room only has three soon to be mothers and a few clones, Getting ready to start popping seeds after I get my main flower room in 12/12

SAM_0891.JPG
SAM_08922.JPG

Well until next time around I will see you all soon. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom