CO'S 5X5 Tent Grow With Mars Hydro LEDs

Hey Cofinest, it's nothing new or special that I'm doing on this grow (except to me of course), it's just that after my last grow almost failing I was intending on either growing the LSD strain again and getting to know it a little better and having (hopefully) better success, or, (as due to some unforseen circumstances and a touch of luck I found myself giving some Plushberry clones a home) flowering my Plushberry clones. Now either of those would have been the straightforward logical route for an inexperienced grower such as myself but after reading people's threads and getting into some discussions I'm going to try some crossbreeding too. I have some Afghan Kush regular seeds that I'm going to be planting and hoping on a male, which will then in turn be used to pollinate both an LSD female and a Plushberry female using a black bin bag method that one of the fellas (GhettoGro peace be upon him...did I say peace?) explained to me. I'm not too sure how it'll go and for most growers here it would probably be a walk in the park but it's my second ever grow and it seems pretty complicated for me. After the saving of my last plants though it can't do any harm to give it a try and fail this time :)

To make things easier I'm trying out a range of nutrients that apparently don't need PH balancing, I'm not sure they're perfect as there are a couple of strange things going on. One plant has yellowing leaves just above midway going up to the top of the plant, this could be a Cal/Mag issue though as I've just realised (whilst typing) that the lack of PH balancing may be affecting that, could be something to consider. Also I've got a curling up of the odd leaf on another plant, it's not like anything I can find on the net as it's not a cupping of the edges like heat stress (around 25 degrees pretty steadily), it's literally as though the leaf has clenched like a fist. I'm still trying to find a cause for that, but otherwise the plants seem healthy, but that was the case with my first plants until they went downhill overnight.

To mix it up a little more the Kush will be grown as organically as I can. I've picked up some farmyard manure and that will hopefully see them through at least vegging which should give me time to learn more about organic/crossbreeding/growing in general.

To top it off I've been treating the plants for both a Thrips and Spider mites infestation, between the SMC and diatomaceous earth I'm hoping to have that covered. In the meantime I have my trusty camera and microscope and will be recording it all, failing everything I've got the secateurs, they'll fix the lot in an emergency ;)

Apologies for any mistakes/misspellings etc, I'm using a tablet and my fingers are too fat for the keyboard, I'll edit as best I can once posted. All the best and if you know of anything that may help, or even dissuade me from trying out some of this stuff let me know. Cheers :thumb:

Haha no worry's man I go back and read my posts sometimes and they just dont make sense

Hey Cofinest, it's nothing new or special that I'm doing on this grow (except to me of course), it's just that after my last grow almost failing I was intending on either growing the LSD strain again and getting to know it a little better and having (hopefully) better success, or, (as due to some unforseen circumstances and a touch of luck I found myself giving some Plushberry clones a home) flowering my Plushberry clones. Now either of those would have been the straightforward logical route for an inexperienced grower such as myself but after reading people's threads and getting into some discussions I'm going to try some crossbreeding too. I have some Afghan Kush regular seeds that I'm going to be planting and hoping on a male, which will then in turn be used to pollinate both an LSD female and a Plushberry female using a black bin bag method that one of the fellas (GhettoGro peace be upon him...did I say peace?) explained to me. I'm not too sure how it'll go and for most growers here it would probably be a walk in the park but it's my second ever grow and it seems pretty complicated for me. After the saving of my last plants though it can't do any harm to give it a try and fail this time :)

To make things easier I'm trying out a range of nutrients that apparently don't need PH balancing, I'm not sure they're perfect as there are a couple of strange things going on. One plant has yellowing leaves just above midway going up to the top of the plant, this could be a Cal/Mag issue though as I've just realised (whilst typing) that the lack of PH balancing may be affecting that, could be something to consider. Also I've got a curling up of the odd leaf on another plant, it's not like anything I can find on the net as it's not a cupping of the edges like heat stress (around 25 degrees pretty steadily), it's literally as though the leaf has clenched like a fist. I'm still trying to find a cause for that, but otherwise the plants seem healthy, but that was the case with my first plants until they went downhill overnight.

To mix it up a little more the Kush will be grown as organically as I can. I've picked up some farmyard manure and that will hopefully see them through at least vegging which should give me time to learn more about organic/crossbreeding/growing in general.

To top it off I've been treating the plants for both a Thrips and Spider mites infestation, between the SMC and diatomaceous earth I'm hoping to have that covered. In the meantime I have my trusty camera and microscope and will be recording it all, failing everything I've got the secateurs, they'll fix the lot in an emergency ;)

Apologies for any mistakes/misspellings etc, I'm using a tablet and my fingers are too fat for the keyboard, I'll edit as best I can once posted. All the best and if you know of anything that may help, or even dissuade me from trying out some of this stuff let me know. Cheers :thumb:

Outstanding thank you for taking you time to post. Keep at it and you will learn from your mistakes. I have made many many well to many to count mistakes lol. We all started out not knowing and even if you read and watch videos its still not the same when you are growing your own. On your part about cal/mag one of the big signs of having a problem is the steams turning purple. I recommend a one part or two part mix to keep it simple aka k.i.s. I am using a two part now and loving it. With my 5-6 parts I had to learn how to adjust different amounts per strain of plants. lack of PH balancing affects the N.P.K uptake which in turn shows on the leafs and growth rate. If you see yellow leafs in veg and no burnt tips with good ph in feed then up the feed about 10%. Also when plants having a Mag deficiency the plant tends to get light green which can be fixed very fast with 1 tbp of Epsom salt per gallon and spray plant about 30min before lights come on in veg. Now for heat problem If it is light doing it the upper leafs tend to taco which is a way the plant is trying to make shade on leafs to cool down. If its in room the they tend to droop and looks like they have been over watered. Kelp is cheap and works outstanding for any stress. One of the best things to add to your nutes, great for feed and spray. How much air do you have moving around the plant and coming in and out of room?

Thank you for taking the time to answer Cofinest, I appreciate your advice. My stems are purple already, I noticed the plants weren't nute burning because I checked for it, and I kept thinking that they were happy to take a lot more nutrients than my last grow, in fact it seems like they may need them. The plants are way taller than I wanted so I'm wondering whether it's light burn but without the heat, the thing is it's only two leaves on one plant. They're both pretty much the same height give or take an inch so maybe it's just a mutation from a bad FIM. I'm still unsure on that one it's weird though, apart from being a bit too tall and slim the plant with the curling seems in great health. I might have had a knee jerk reaction to feeding after my last episode with defoliation and PK 13/14 all at once and am probably underfeeding, I think it's better that than overfeed though, I think it'll be easier to control. Less is more I reckon the old adage works :)

I'm using a 6" 550m2/hr exhaust and I've switched from a 200m3/hr intake to a cheap but quiet 5" 150m3/hr. The tent is steady at a 24.5 - 25.5 degrees, even when it all turns off. The exhaust goes straight from the room to outside and the intake is from the room itself, but that's pretty much constant too so it seems to work now. I have 2 16" fans and 2 6" clip ons for air movement, I lowered one yesterday because it was blowing on the yellowing area of the leaves. That one might be a bit strong for the area it's in.

I can get kelp over here so I'll be sure to get some, cheers for that. All the best :thumb:

Hey Brotha Hope all is Going Well :thumb:

All is getting better,Got a bunch of moving to do but taking it slow doing it right the first time around unlike the main flower room lol. Appreciate you stopping by always good to hear from you, I hope you and the family are doing well. I will have more post coming out real soon, I am flowing off most of my strains right now which is real hard for me to do. I get attached to them but it is time to pop many more and learn them. I do have back up beans for most but a few I will never grow again. Keep in touch brotha :passitleft:

Good morning CO Finest, would you mind listing the strains that you did not like? Thank you.

yea I too have strains I like but I always try to pop something new in between you never know you might find something you like and can add it to the list of this is the shit I wanna smoke :thumb:

Good morning CO Finest, would you mind listing the strains that you did not like? Thank you.

Strains I don't like.. Never thought of me not liking cannabis lol jk. Now for what I am about to post keep in mind this is from my grows does no mean in anyway the strain is bad OR the bean or plant you got will grow the way Mine did. As you should all know they might be the same strain but different from bean to bean. Well I will start off with Hawaiian haze. Hawaiian haze for me has grown very leafy and I mean bud wise. Not something I like to have in a bud. It has also been very temperamental in flower. The plant grows huge but tons of non stop trimming needed. It also has a floral smell which is not on my is ok. I am replacing it with Super Silver Haze. Next up is cotton candy. Very nice high and strength as far as smoke. The plants I have had have been real bushy which I like but when the plant grows out the branch's get really thin and has real trouble supporting the colas. The buds have been very fluffy. I have flowered it a few times and changed the temps,lights and nutes but the buds still stayed very airy not dense at all hints the name cotton lol. I am replacing it with Crown Royale from Crop king seeds. Next up is strawberry Blue. Strawberry blue has grown just like cotton candy and same buds. Now it give a good sativa high but same problem when it comes to gram per watts. I am replacing it with White Cookies from Crop king seeds. Next up Is white widow bomb. All five beans I popped did not grow right at all. Three died in solo cups and one flowered outside and one I just pulled out of pot. I think I got a batch of bad beans in my opinion but can no longer wast money and time on them. I am replacing them with Snow goddess. Next up is chronic juice. It grows bushy and needs lots of trimming under the net. It has been growing very thin and I do not see it holding its colas up well at all. The bud spots are growing very small and looks like its going to be leafy and not to dense. I am replacing it with Slees Og. Now I grow as a caregiver so many of my strains are specific for my patient needs and only have so much space for the mothers that grow the best. For each strain I grow I pop the beans, clone them, flower and test per patient for there needs so it is a long processes to introduce them into my grow rooms.

yea I too have strains I like but I always try to pop something new in between you never know you might find something you like and can add it to the list of this is the shit I wanna smoke :thumb:

About every six months I bring two or so new strains in to test. With having 32 strains in pots I have to cut some down to make room. One of the things most of us growers fight the most is room.. For the newer growers watch out you will start running out very fast lol
:passitleft:

Thanks for the info CO Finest, with little room it will be important not wasting time on bad strains. Thanks again.

Feel you guys I took to many clones and popped a couple seeds and have no idea what to do with the lady's lol ill have to start putting lights in the living room

Hey CO

can you give a little description about how you growers in Colorado are allowed to have plants.

Meaning, do all your plants have to be clones or seeds from Colorado stores?

They all have to have a bar code or be registered some how?

I'm not moving there if I can't bring my seeds with me. :laughtwo:

Hey CO

can you give a little description about how you growers in Colorado are allowed to have plants.

you can def bring your seeds, im sure there more illegal to have where you are then in CO man, they sell seeds at the dispensarys so im sure you are more then welcome to bring them with you. just make sure if your in greeley you drop some off here first :thumb:

Grow looking dam fine as always CO! I have a question for you....if I would like to bring up my ppm during mid flower...is it best to raise them by using more of my base bloom nutrient or my bloom booster ? :Namaste:

I use nutes to raise my ppm and keep my booster the same cuz they cost way more and plants did not show much improvement over upping nutes

Hey CO

You are allowed 6 plants per person over 21 LIVING in house hold max TWO people so 12 plants MAX. Now half have to be in veg and half in flower at all times. Here in CO they really do not care about beans, I would bring them and pop away. They do not care where your plants are from ad don't ask so seeds,clones what ever don't matter,yes you can buy what ever you want from stores if you would like. I have not stepped in one store I got all my 43 strains of beans from herbies and crop king seeds..
The codes and crap are for store grows not personal. No tracking crap needed for home grown.

Now that is with not having a med card and not being a care giver. With a med card you can care give up too 5 people without sending in request for more. For each person you care give for 21 years old or older you grow there 6 plants allowed 3 in veg 3 flower. Now if growing as a care giver you should have something on each plant with there name on it and you will need a copy of there med card as well. If you need more info just ask.
you can def bring your seeds, im sure there more illegal to have where you are then in CO man, they sell seeds at the dispensarys so im sure you are more then welcome to bring them with you. just make sure if your in greeley you drop some off here first :thumb:

Right, CO will not wast time and money over seeds anymore unless we are talking thousands and you putting the shit on craigs lmao. I will be happy to be second in line for seeds if I do not have already lol.

Ok so back to my grow. 5x5 tent grow is going good, for me so sad to see small plants getting flowered. The two 144x3 reflectors are still working outstanding on all the plants.
SAM_08155.JPG
SAM_08163.JPG
SAM_08171.JPG
SAM_08183.JPG

The three year+ old mothers are doing great and have a lot of new growth. They have about two weeks left and they are going to be flipped into flower
SAM_08213.JPG
SAM_08223.JPG

The three last mid aged plants are about ready to go into the main flower room very soon. I just have to build something to hang the three lights I am going to use over each plant.
SAM_08233.JPG

The six clones that were rooted in solo cups have now been transplanted into used 2 gallon smart pots They are doing ok as well. Some were a little unhappy with being transplanted before roots were big enough. I have just told them to just get over it and start growing your azz up.
SAM_08252.JPG
SAM_08242.JPG

Back
Top Bottom