Adding something special during flower

The70’s

Hello soil growers, im on my fourth grow. I use Coast of main Stonington, with a little worm castings and a little perlite. For nutes i use GaiaGreen 444 in veg, and 284 in bloom, i do a combo during the flip.

I like my results so far, the yields for me are always enough, and potency is very good. I have made, tinctures, edibles (nutelle-butter) hash, rosin, and a bunch of kief, and of course a real nice selection of flower.

My question is, do “you” add a little more of something else that can increase potency and bud size…. Or should i be thankful my dumbass can even grow good weed hahaha

Thank you

Thats what i was thinkin 😂 thanx man
I liked “mugged” 👍🏽
I asked the Shedster that same question once and was told that the nutes I was using were all I needed. And anything else was just wasted $$$. Btw I was using Prescription Blend. CL🍀

My question is, do “you” add a little more of something else that can increase potency and bud size….
Growing in a compost based medium I will use a bit of a liquid fish product to add mild dose of Nitrogen every 10 days to 2 weeks. I believe that the plants require more N than many of the early underground growers realized and the fertilizer manufacturers went along with that line of thinking.

I will water with one of the many liquid seaweed products every 10 to 14 days. That is because I believe that the added Potassium will help the overall health of the plant. As it is building the flowers the plant is often demanding more N and K than the root system can get from the soil.

But, as far as buying a stand alone product that is supposed to be added as part of every feeding in an attempt to get the plant to develop even larger buds then nope, I don't buy the stuff.

Growing in a compost based medium I will use a bit of a liquid fish product to add mild dose of Nitrogen every 10 days to 2 weeks. I believe that the plants require more N than many of the early underground growers realized and the fertilizer manufacturers went along with that line of thinking.

I will water with one of the many liquid seaweed products every 10 to 14 days. That is because I believe that the added Potassium will help the overall health of the plant. As it is building the flowers the plant is often demanding more N and K than the root system can get from the soil.

But, as far as buying a stand alone product that is supposed to be added as part of every feeding in an attempt to get the plant to develop even larger buds then nope, I don't buy the stuff.

This current grow was the first time i used cal/mag+

I transplanted and the soil was depleted in the small pots, and the plants hadn’t grown into the new rich soil, so they turned lime green, cal/mag+ gave them what they needed, took about a week or so to bounce back

Hey 70's :ciao:

There's a lot of factors that go into this... grow medium, pot size, and the growth habit of the strain you are growing.

I grow outdoors in greenhouses, in custom organic living super soil. I'm just growing naturally in pots, without any stress training. I have been using pot sizes of 5 gal, 7 gal, and 15 gal. When I move my plants to the flower house, or a bit before, the soil is starting to get low on nutes, and the pots are full of roots. At that time, I will start fertigating with a high-N liquid fert (NPK 11-2-4). In flower, I also add solution grade potassium sulfate (K, S), and have been experimenting with micronized fish bone powder (P) as well.

I recently harvested a Humboldt Dream that did really well, considering this is the worst time of year here in Hawaii for growing, in my particular location which is humid, warm, wet, tropical. We still get plenty of sun at this time of year, but this is the lowest solar exposure of the year, heading into the winter solstice. I got a completely clean harvest – no bud rot. I got about 1 quart of dry buds from her. I just recently also planted up my first plant in a 10 gal pot, so I think that will be the idea pot size for my grow.

Humboldt Dream in 7 gal. pot, organic living soil, outdoor greenhouse grow, Hawaii
1703051691340.png

happy growing! 🪴

Budswel in flower. Last few grows I’ve used a local organic soil mix Potter’s Gold. I add a couple cups of worm castings. I top dress with a bit of worm castings each water. In flower I use Biocanna organic veg and flower nutes with a few drops of Superthrive. I add Budswel bat guano starting flower and add a little wood ash to my top dress. I have a bottle of organic cal mag and start adding late veg.
20200603_130917.jpeg

Budswel in flower. Last few grows I’ve used a local organic soil mix Potter’s Gold. I add a couple cups of worm castings. I top dress with a bit of worm castings each water. In flower I use Biocanna organic veg and flower nutes with a few drops of Superthrive. I add Budswel bat guano starting flower and add a little wood ash to my top dress. I have a bottle of organic cal mag and start adding late veg.
20200603_130917.jpeg
Beautiful work I especially like the colors of the leaves 🍃. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom