Ak-47 - LED - DWC

Sorry I have no clue which seed bank this is from because I adopted the seedling to save it from death.

I'm just assuming it's ak47 and lowryder because most ak47 autos are.

Thanks for the flush info I'll do at least 10 days then. I've got lots of foliage for the plant to consume itself and I've never defoliated so unless they start dying before I flush I should be able to survive 10 days on just water.

My rain water is 15 to 23 ppm and ph of 6.9 to 7.1. Would that be good for the flush or should I buy a big jug of RO water?

Okay wow.

Nothing against the topled 48x3w because obviously it grew quite a healthy plant. But I just plugged in my p150 and good gracious is it ever bright. I don't have any way to quantify it but 'by eye' it seems to have a bigger spread and a brighter output. If someone wants to donate a device that measures par I'll gladly quantify what I see.

Lots of respect for mark at platinum leds for working with me to choose the p150 and for knowing exactly what to do to ship to their Canadian customers as frugally and promptly as possible.

So right now I can definitely recommend the 48x3w TopLED reflector for anyone with a small grow and a tight budget and from the looks of things the p150 if you don't mind spending a bit more upfront for more par value per watt

IMG_20141016_055251.jpg
TOPLED 48x3w reflector

IMG_20141016_055226.jpg
platinum p150

IMG_20141016_055152.jpg
top of plant under p150

20141010_173929.jpg
Just cut this off the bottom of the plant. First 3 leaf set.

Does this give any indications of what I'm needing or is it just dying due to low light.

Your leaf damage appears to be from either low nitrogen and/or low light. It is normal for lower leaves to be consumed as nutrients if there is a deficiency in the nutrients the plant is receiving.

IMG_20141011_124521.jpg
Leaves are getting frosty. I think I need a stronger loupe. Can anyone recommend a portable microscope that I don't need to plug in.

I've heard of wifi ones any experience with that?

I own a Hydrofarm Active Eye 30X jewelers Loupe, Carson Optical MicroMax LED Microscope 60x-100x and a 25X-200X Magnifier USB Digital Microscope Video Camera that I use to take trichome photographs.

Hydrofarm_AEM30_30x_Active_Eye_Loupe.png

Active Eye Loupe, 30X

Carson_Optical_MicroMax_LED_Microscope_60x-100x.png

IMG_20141014_100418.jpg
IMG_20141014_100622.jpg

All going wonderfully.

Might mix up some nutes tomorrow depending how things look when I'm home from work. She appeared to be drinking a little bit more nutes just from yesterday to today so if it continues I'll adjust ppms.

How long do you guys flush for. If I've got another 35 days left should I flush for the last 14? Flush being just water no nutes. Or flush for 1 week with florakleen?

In hydroponics only a 4-7 day harvest flush is required. If you flush excessively long the sugar leaves on your buds will also wither and degrade the quality of the buds.

Wow John thanks for all the help you're really an integral part of this grow with all the help you've given me. I've got that same loupe! Looking for something like that microscope camera you have but I don't have a computer near the grow tent so I need something that works wirelessly... if that's even a word.

I've been in the same nute bath for two weeks. Should I give her a fresh batch just to make sure everything is in order or just leave it because it seems to be healthy with no foul odors. I'm thinking of changing it up today because I have time and I collected a lot of fresh rain yesterday.

Top Cola is getting nice and fat and filing in between bud sites.
IMG_20141017_042257.jpg
IMG_20141017_042237.jpg

IMG_20141017_051737.jpg

I'm not sure whether to be proud or sad that I'm almost out of Room in my 3x3 tent with a 2 month old autoflower.

Is it bad for the leaves to touch the tent?

IMG_20141017_051615.jpg

I think my frost level is pretty good. Nothing to compare it to but I'd say those leaves look like they'd make some good butter.

Yeah they look great man! Just wait until they're done :) You'll be makin some super potent butter with em

In Aeroponics/hydroponics your nutrient mixture should be changed every 7-10 days for best growth. It should not mater if some of the leaves touch your tent, just ensure good air circulation throughout your grow area. I noticed several of the sugar leaves on the bud in your photographs are curled downward, do more colas have downward curled sugar leaves? Downward curled leaves can be a sign of too high of nitrogen in flower.

Yes some of them were curled. I had changed the nute solution today but the only nitrogen I'm adding is in my floranova bloom. And in lower doses than p and k

Anyhow now that she took a 30 minute rain water bath to inspect the roots... all nice and white Btw... she is in a new 1000 ppm nute bath so I'll keep watching her sugar leaves, ppm and ph and hopefully get everything in good conditions

IMG_20141018_085645.jpg
Hasn't been a day yet but I think the curled leaves are on their way to recovery. I believe it was caused by the plant leaving excess nitrogen in the mix and since I allowed it to be in the same mix for so long there was excess nitrogen available.

I've also read that some sativa strains will have curled sugar leaves even without excess nitrogen.

Back
Top Bottom