AK1 Three Tent Grow Baby

that 8 pot tent is gonna look awesome when it fills up bro! ever think of doing a scrog?I have a few questions about your system.its ebb and flow right? so how do they fill, from the bottom up and then drain back out the bottom?I dont see any top feed lines. you have a large main res so whats the controler res for? can you get bigger buckets for it? sorry for all the questions,im building a new growspace in the spring so im checking as many different systems as I can just in case I decide to try something new.how do you like that system?

Hey jon,
Yes they fill from the bottom up and drain the same way. The controller is what sets the timed flood and drain. Goes res to controller to buckets. You cannot get bigger buckets and I really don't see a need for bigger buckets. I love this system and will never grow with any other type system. When I get ready to put my moms in hydro I'm going to steal Xlr8 DIY ebb n flow.

HI Alaskan and happy new year. Very nice setup. Ive always been interested in those ebb and flow controllers and your entire system in general. Looks great. How easy is it to change your res?

Bob nice to have you here :)
The res isn't too bad to change. I have a sub pump that I put in the res and attatched to it is a 50ft garden hose that goes to the bathtub and drains there. Wipe the barrell down with a water/bleach mixture and then refill...................that easy!!!!

Always great to have you and your knowledge here TG!!!!!!

I am just a fast learner. I am actually thinking I may try hydro this summer and figured who else better to learn from than A1. :)

ok so between what you and X said in his flo n grow thread you've sold me on the system bro.So for my new space im building this year im picturing one 12 site system for veg and two 12 site systems 1 month apart in the flower room with 4800 watts of led in the flower room.Im so f***ing exited about this I cant sit still lol...reps coming your way:)

GREAT!! jon, So you are getting 3 systems? I have 3 as well. Hopefully by summer I will have one veg room (20 sites) and two flower rooms (one 15 site and one 20 site)
I'd be excited too if I were you. exciting times to be sure. I'm going to try and have a harvest every month and a half is what I have firgured the timing would be unless I did a bunch of 50 day flower strains.

I see ya have another thread going I'm in. I see ya talking about increased yields. Takes afew grows to dial your plants in and find out what the strain likes etc, but veg time is the key. After you learn abit it, the plant, will tell ya what makes it happy, it's up to you to exploit them. Oh btw I'm going to start my AK-47 clone soon. It's on deck right now. I plan on making her a pretty good sized plant. And I plan on cutting one ofcourse. I just cut the last P-91 I have growing, but I'm going to let her go from my gardens. She isn't right for me. Sad too, she was a great resistance to molds. But she' a lower yield and she's kind of a ugly plant. Leaves are kind of brittle. That might be from not knowing enough about what she wants like fert's, soil/hydro, temp's etc. Well I guess I'll never know what she could've been. Well GL with the grow hope she works better and better. Keepem Green

yep thats the plan here too bro,3 12 pot systems 2 in the flower room. I would like 1 crop every month and a half or so.I do all the work myself so anything more than that would be to much lol

The hard part is the clean ups. To dismantle everything, sterilize it , clean the hydroton and getting it all back together. That's the bitch of it all.

I see ya have another thread going I'm in. I see ya talking about increased yields. Takes afew grows to dial your plants in and find out what the strain likes etc, but veg time is the key. After you learn abit it, the plant, will tell ya what makes it happy, it's up to you to exploit them. Oh btw I'm going to start my AK-47 clone soon. It's on deck right now. I plan on making her a pretty good sized plant. And I plan on cutting one ofcourse. I just cut the last P-91 I have growing, but I'm going to let her go from my gardens. She isn't right for me. Sad too, she was a great resistance to molds. But she' a lower yield and she's kind of a ugly plant. Leaves are kind of brittle. That might be from not knowing enough about what she wants like fert's, soil/hydro, temp's etc. Well I guess I'll never know what she could've been. Well GL with the grow hope she works better and better. Keepem Green

Glad to have you here Wood as always! Yeah, maybe the P91 will like hydro better. I will give it a shot once to see how it turns out. That AK47 likes growing tall so be careful. In hydro I veg them 3 weeks. Sometimes 4 if they got a slow start but never longer then that. Soil I'm sure will be different.

The hard part is the clean ups. To dismantle everything, sterilize it , clean the hydroton and getting it all back together. That's the bitch of it all.
yep its a pain cleaning my set-up too but I only use the hydroton once i dont like the idea of roots and possibly bugs getting into the all the little holes that could potentially cause problems.How do you clean yours?

ok so between what you and X said in his flo n grow thread you've sold me on the system bro.So for my new space im building this year im picturing one 12 site system for veg and two 12 site systems 1 month apart in the flower room with 4800 watts of led in the flower room.Im so f***ing exited about this I cant sit still lol...reps coming your way:)

Jon I have been using this ebb and flo system for a month now and once set up it is brilliant. I had been checking it out for awhile but likewise A! and X's journals convinced me. You wont be sorry. Goodluck!

that is a pretty cool Idea A1, how do you clean them in the winter bro? for me its not so much the cost(about $50 a round) its what the hell do I do with it all once im done with it lol...I just fill a laundry hamper simillar to the one in you thread and put it in the shower and agitate the shit out of it afew times,your way seems alot less labor intensive but I havent had any issues either. right now its -20 outside here so I would'nt want to be doing it outside right now:)

that is a pretty cool Idea A1, how do you clean them in the winter bro? for me its not so much the cost(about $50 a round) its what the hell do I do with it all once im done with it lol...I just fill a laundry hamper simillar to the one in you thread and put it in the shower and agitate the shit out of it afew times,your way seems alot less labor intensive but I havent had any issues either. right now its -20 outside here so I would'nt want to be doing it outside right now:)

I wait for a warmer day.........which tomorrow is going to be. Suppose to have a high of 47 and thats the warmest it's showing for the next week so tomorrow is hydroton day. Got everything back together tonight so I'm hoping to be planting tomorrow night!

ok, so have some shots of the twine I'm running in the tent. As they grow tall enough I will add more twine criss crossed all over the tent to help support the buds and get lower light to the lower buds.

IMG_082121.JPG

IMG_082014.JPG

IMG_081917.JPG

Back
Top Bottom