Anyone up for a challenge?

I am so interested in observing your grow i hope you wait until you heal up to start luging your babies around...The generosity of the members is so beutiful if you dont mind i would love to follow you im a beginner also so maybe i can learn some things also..stay strong

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You are more than welcome to follow along. Do not hesitate to offer any suggestions or questions that pertain to what we are doing at any point. Glad to have you!

Do not mess with a dragon...
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm completely blind and I WILL bring up some girls, no matter how long it takes!

Good luck,,you should start off with 4 ,,12 watt led grow buddies,35$each,,depending on how much your trying to grow,,,2 lights per plant,,2 root radiance heating pads,20$each, fan, 10$.2, five gallon geopot s,4.95 each,one bag of canna terra coco,17$ mention internet discount, normally it's 24$ a bag,,one bag will fill 2,,five gallon geopot s,if your trying for pure organic grow,,soil works too.try only using spring water or alkaline.and last but not least,try to find a couple of high yielding AUTOFLOWERS,since you've never grown before autoflowers would be the smartest way to go,for now,untill you get the basics down,autoflowers are really fun to grow,once thay start flowering,their is nothing els you need to do, except water and feed it..the mistakes people often make with autoflowers ,is that thay fail to realize that autoflowers will start flowering after 20 to 30 days,,regardless of light schedule, people tend to think autoflowers are going to some how become a small tree,using a regular lighting schedule,not going to happen,,i grew a strain called ,THINK DIFFERENT,,from,DUTCH PASSION,,this strain was really great,it was a cross between AK47, and a mystery strain called AK420..very potent,,when I planted it,after it germanated i kept it On a 24 hour light cycle for 3 weeks,the only time I turned off the lights were to rest the light bulbs,heating pad ect,,for about an hour or 2,,every week,after 3 weeks of light, the plant will began to flower usually within a week or 2 after I switch back to 18/6 ,next time I will keep it in the 24hour light cycle untill it flowers,that will give me an extra once or 2..I harvested over 5 ounces in 90 days,,in a 3 gallon geopot,using this method,,i used a small 3 gal,because I did not believe that autoflowers were real, and thought thay would all be small,and a waist of time,i was so wrong ,i regret only using a 3 gallon, although everything came out awsome,2 more gallons ,or a 5 or 7 gallon geopot,would have double ed my yeild,maybe a half a pound easy..,everybody should be growin autoflowers,while their waiting for their real grow,its a win,win,,HAPPY GROWING..

Man... If you want to be blown away by the others generosity, here's a great example. OG has purchased and had shipped to me a brand new grow tent and led to match. He is also putting together a care package of other things I am going to need. That is huge! What is also huge is the fact that so many are willing to share their experience! It sounds like you have a good system and Method going there for you. I may take a look at some of it and Incorporated. Don't really know until I get started. Thank you for all that info!

I'm completely blind and I WILL bring up some girls, no matter how long it takes!

It's great to see the community pulling together to help a fellow out, +reps to Oldergrower for his generous deed. I too would be interested in following your grow when you are well enough to continue. All the best!

Man... If you want to be blown away by the others generosity, here's a great example. OG has purchased and had shipped to me a brand new grow tent and led to match. He is also putting together a care package of other things I am going to need. That is huge! What is also huge is the fact that so many are willing to share their experience! It sounds like you have a good system and Method going there for you. I may take a look at some of it and Incorporated. Don't really know until I get started. Thank you for all that info!

It's great to see the community pulling together to help a fellow out, +reps to Oldergrower for his generous deed. I too would be interested in following your grow when you are well enough to continue. All the best!

I did nothing more then anyone else on this site would do if they could afford it, I just happened to be able to afford to do it this go around.
There have been times in my life when the best I could offer would be words of encouragement. The older I get the more I find joy in helping others, just wish I had learned this years ago. Life would have been more enjoyable ;)

Anyone who wants to follow, please feel free. You can probably help me on how to actually make it!

I am going to follow this as well. I sure wish I could help with supplies and such, but I am not in a position to do that right now.

This is just a great place in general, and the people here are the most generous and kind human beings I have ever had the pleasure of getting to know.

You are in the right place Eyes4Grandpa! Much respect to you and the Mrs. for this endeavor, and I am looking forward to this.

:circle-of-love:

Agree 100% Cannafan!
Welcome aboard, and please feel free to enter your thoughts any time. I believe it is going to be a very interesting project, with all of you involved in teaching this blind newb how to grow his own medicine.

Agree 100% Cannafan!
Welcome aboard, and please feel free to enter your thoughts any time. I believe it is going to be a very interesting project, with all of you involved in teaching this blind newb how to grow his own medicine.

Good deal. And I will NOT mess with a dragon. :laugh:

LOL, CF my dragons can get to be a little irritable at times.

Just a quick note for those of you following this thread. My shoulder surgery was done last Friday. My arm is feeling much better, but my doctor says I have to be in this damn sling for 6 weeks. So I have to be patient...AGAIN! ARRRGGGHH!!!

Patience? What's that? God knows that in raising three children, having seven grandchildren, and many a management position... I'd have learned that. Butt...NOOOOO...

Okay.. I think I have figured out how I can circumvent this patience thing.
A few of you were very helpful in p.m. about my soil mixture. I have yet to buy the soil mixes and amendments I will need so that I will hopefully not need. any nuts.
So um along with some responses I received on a specific thread for this and some of the research that I could do comma I would like to have more input on what to use. The reason I am asking again is that my screen reader has to have at least two double spaces in between each ingredient. Also comma the amounts of each in relation to the other are very difficult to remember.
So... Please make it as simple as possible to obtain the goal of no nuts. Also, on each line, that will be double spaced, please place the percentage of mixture for that ingredient before you type the actual ingredient. Double space, then the next ingredient, and so on.
Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions. May God bless.

CF... you are 100% correct. Nuts is short for nutrients. As far as asking others... The more the merrier!

Howdy Grandpa.

Canna asked me to stop by and provide some input on soil. I have helped several members build complete organic soils that grow nice cannabis with only water. It's a very easy way to grow.

There is a premixed soil amendment I really like called Yum Yum Mix. At the most basic you can mix Yum Yum with peat moss and perlite and it works very well. There are other things that can be added to make the soil better but peat, perlite and Yum Yum will do if the budget is tight.

If the budget can handle it there are other things that can be added to the soil mix which will improve it. In order of importance:

A small fraction of high quality organic potting mix like Fox Farms Ocean Forest or a high quality compost. This increases the diversity of organic matter in the mix. Ocean Forest works great because it is rich with both forest compost and things like crustacean meal.

Worm Castings.

Rock Dust.

Complete organic soils are not as complicated as many folks make them seem. I'd be happy to put together a tentative mail order shopping list so you can get an idea of cost for each item, how much soil you would end up with, etc.

Thanks for popping in PeeJay!

Grandpa, as a testament to the soil mixes PeeJay has helped people with, I am one of them.

He helped me utilize things I had around the property to mix into my blend, and the Yum Yum of course.

I have never had an easier soil mix, and I do not have to use nutrients. That has saved me a ton of money.

I am very happy with my plants, and the end result. I used to be quite frustrated until I mixed up this soil.

It's pure relief and no worries for me. I can reuse the soil by just charging it up, so to speak, with the Yum Yum and a few other basics I have here. Chicken poo....perlite...all the other good stuff.

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom