Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

Wow that lemon skunk looks great happy harvest arteekay.

She's unbelievable. We hung a nug to dry four or five days ago and sampled it tonight. I nearly melted into my couch. The frostiest, most dense nug we've seen out of our tent so far. Can't wait to chop her down this weekend.

Lemon skunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frack yeah! After tonight's bake and recovery, another order is coming soon!

In the city in T- minus 3 weeks! Hope you boys are ready to get Hiiiiiiiiiiiighhh!!

:lot-o-toke:

Excellent! I think Jaybiz PM'd ya a while back, but I'll drop ya another one well before.

Truly looking forward to it bud.

Looking killer arteekay , some of the best I have seen. My sour diesel is coming down go check it out...

Thanks James, appreciate ya stopping by to have a look. I'll pop over to your journal before the end of the night.

I'm sub'd in like an alternate teacher...lol:thumb:

Welcome aboard, fellow Canadians are always welcome!

:passitleft:

Well honestly, I don't care where a sub comes from, but it does make me smile to see so many Canadians around here. :)

May 26 (Thursday) Update.

Autos: Lemon Skunk is 69, Candy Cane 3 is 44, Red Poison is 30, and Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 14. Temp was 84 today with RH at 50% during lights on. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 14-25 inches from their lights. Overnight temp was 69 and 58% RH.

Photos: Purple Kush is 51 days old. Temp is 77 and RH is 50% at the canopy, 75 and 52% at the top, 69 and 60% overnight. She is 16 inches from her light.

Another night of nothing to do but stare. I love these nights.

Well, I did have to redo Red Poison's tie-downs, but that's hardly work.

Cheryl at 14 days (10.8 lbs, down from 11.6 yesterday):

RP at 30 days (12.6 lbs, down from 18 yesterday):

C3 at 44 days (18.4 lbs, down from 25 after watering yesterday):

PK at 51 days (20.2 lbs, down from 21.4 yesterday):

LS at 69 days (15.8 lbs, down from 22.4 after watering yesterday):

Back in the tent:

arteekay, you teased us somewhere recently with talk of coloration beginning on the Red Poison. Can you get a shot of that happening?

Also, you and Shiggity were having a discussion on appropriate choices for a SCROG. I'm assuming my Strawberry Blue would be a good choice for this method? I swear, after my daughter moves north of the city I'm tempted to put the 4x4 tent up again. I have that 4x4 and a Mars-Hydro meter squared tent that's never been out of the box. Those two tents, running side-by-side would be much more fun. :laughtwo:

arteekay, you teased us somewhere recently with talk of coloration beginning on the Red Poison. Can you get a shot of that happening?

It can be seen a tiny bit in yesterday's pics, but I got some good close-ups tonight. Plus it's expanding pretty quickly, far easier to see today.

Also, you and Shiggity were having a discussion on appropriate choices for a SCROG. I'm assuming my Strawberry Blue would be a good choice for this method? I swear, after my daughter moves north of the city I'm tempted to put the 4x4 tent up again. I have that 4x4 and a Mars-Hydro meter squared tent that's never been out of the box. Those two tents, running side-by-side would be much more fun. :laughtwo:

Let's hope Shigs stops by and sees, I'd like to know what he think as well. I'm not sure we really know what we're doing yet. :)

We ordered a shipping scale (not certified) at the river in brazil, and it came in today. The 20 dollar bathroom scale was becoming unsatisfying, as it's accuracy was always suspect and the resolution pretty low. This one was about twice what we spent on the one we've used for the last several months, but worth every penny in my OCD's opinion.

IMG_41767.JPG

IMG_41778.JPG

IMG_41786.JPG

May 27 (Thursday) Update.

Autos: Lemon Skunk is 70, Candy Cane 3 is 45, Red Poison is 31, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 15, and Early Miss 3 is 1 days old. Temp was 83 today with RH at 48% during lights on. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 14-25 inches from their lights. Overnight temp was 69 and 55% RH.

Photos: Purple Kush is 52 days old. Temp is 77 and RH is 48% at the canopy, 76 and 53% at the top, 69 and 56% overnight. She is 16 inches from her light.

• EM3 got 300 ml of bubbled tap water down her stem at 147ppm and 5.8 PH @ 68 f
  • RP got soaked with her first bloom nutes, at half strength (6 liters with 15 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B and 7.5 ml of GO CaMg+) at 689ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f
  • C3 go soaked with full strength bloom nutes (6 liters with 30 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 7.5 ml of GO CaMg+, and her first DNF Bloom Fortifier at .75 g) at 1000ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f

The new scale inspired a bit of a redesign of our work area of course, so Jaybiz worked on that after getting the girl's meals ready. Loving how much easier it is to use, and the increased accuracy has Jaybiz thinking about changes to the spreadsheet again.

Our third CKS Early Miss auto was born today, on the last day of our first Lemon Skunk's time in the "sun". Glad they got to meet. :hmmmm: :blushsmile:

EM3 at 1 day (6.65 lbs initially, 7.33 lbs after her first small watering):

Cheryl at 15 days (9.98 lbs, down from 10.8 yesterday):

RP at 31 days (9.19 lbs down from 12.6 yesterday, 22.20 lbs after watering today):

C3 at 45 days (12.79 lbs down from 18.4 yesterday, 25.36 lbs after watering today):

PK at 52 days (19.22 lbs, down from 20.2 yesterday):

LS at 70 days (11.03 lbs, down from 15.8 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

And then I changed my mind, again:

(I screwed up yesterday, bumped the ages by two days by mistake)

April 25 (Monday) Update.

Autos: Revolver 2 is 53 days old, Dark devil 2 is 42, Lemon Skunk is 38, and Candy Cane 3 is 13. Temp peaked at 87 today with RH at 41% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and are 22-24 inches from their lights. Overnight temps were 69 and 64%.

Photos: Crown Royale is 117 days old (67 days since her flip to 12/12) and Purple Kush is 20. CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 82 and RH is 43% at the canopy, 82 and 50% at the top, 70 and 59% overnight. PK is working on her four new tops as of tonight.

Nothing today for watering, which means tomorrow is going to be a busy night, very well may be every one.

Our Purple Kush photoperiod was topped again at the third node, and the shoots from the first node up were removed. We'll leave the second node's branches to run directly perpendicular to the sides of the scrog, and the four tops will run towards the corners.

That's the plan at least. :)

Our third Candy Cane auto was topped at the third node, as is becoming our "usual", and our first Sweet Seeds Red Poison only needed a day in wet paper towel to get more of a tap root than I usually like, so she found a home in our now standard 5 gallon fabric pot.

C3 (11.4 lbs, down from 13 after watering yesterday):

PK (8.2 lbs, down from 8.8 yesterday) Topped again three nodes up on her only two branches:

LS (13.4 lbs, down from 17.6 yesterday):

D2 (16.4 lbs, down from 20.2 after watering yesterday):

R2 (19.2 lbs, down from 23.6 yesterday):

CR (20.8 lbs, down from 23.4 yesterday):

Back in then tent:

Hopefully the next one to sprout in two or three days, hopefully:

Is that tobacco in the corner?

1LUV

Is that tobacco in the corner?

Peppers, red and green. They've been a ton of fun as well, but are now outside plants. We'll do them again, lettuce... not so much. too much work for a salad or two. :)

Thanks Pigeons! We're trying washing for the first time tomorrow, on our Lemon Skunk Auto. Thanks for the recent vid on the process!

:high-five:

Peppers, red and green. They've been a ton of fun as well, but are now outside plants. We'll do them again, lettuce... not so much. too much work for a salad or two. :)
I did some child peppers, once they get oily leaves they start to attract ants. They're now in there garden box outside aswell. Looking forward to some fresh salsa.
Thanks Pigeons! We're trying washing for the first time tomorrow, on our Lemon Skunk Auto. Thanks for the recent vid on the process!

:high-five:
I can vouch for bud washing, I did it is with Leialoha and I'm already smoking better tasting buds than my Maria's was. Drying process is more even and ya it's a great thing to try so you can compare for yourself.

KiG guys :green_heart:cheers

I can vouch for bud washing, I did it is with Leialoha and I'm already smoking better tasting buds than my Maria's was. Drying process is more even and ya it's a great thing to try so you can compare for yourself.

KiG guys :green_heart:cheers

Just room temp water I'm guessing? Assuming cold would be bad, and probably hot, but a bit warmer than our usual 67-68?

May 28 (Saturday) Update.

Autos: Lemon Skunk is 71, Candy Cane 3 is 46, Red Poison is 32, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 16, and Early Miss 3 is 2 days old. Temp was 83 today with RH at 49% during lights on. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 14-25 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 53 days old. Temp is 78 and RH is 50% at the canopy, 77 and 53% at the top, 69 and 56% overnight. She is 16 inches from her light.

• PK got soaked with three quarter strength grow nutes (7 liters with 22 ml each of DNF Gro A+B and 8 ml of calmag+) at unknown ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f

We decided today was the day to tuck our Purple Kush under her scrog again, completing the first "weave" into the grid. Shouldn't be more than another couple of days before we can start weaving in the side branches. Far slower than we'd hoped.

Our first Red Poison has been getting the most attention the last couple of days, and I'm really happy with how her training is going. She's the most level I've managed so far.

Cheryl, our first Amnesia Haze, should start her training by Monday I'd guess. I'm hoping for big things from her.

The look of our first Lemon Skunk had us convinced to order more of them, and another couple auto strains from Canuk Seeds. She's bone dry, but we were too lazy to harvest her today. She's going to be our first washed harvest.

EM3 at 2 days (6.87 lbs, down after her first watering yesterday):

Cheryl at 16 days (9.36 lbs, down from 9.98 yesterday):

RP at 32 days (15.62 lbs, down from 22.20 after watering yesterday):

C3 at 46 days (17.10 lbs, down from 25.36 after watering yesterday):

PK at 53 days (18.18 lbs down from 19.22 yesterday, 32.92 lbs after watering tonight):

LS at 71 days (8.19 lbs, down from 11.03 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Good luck with the Lemon Skunk wash. You'll be asking yourself why you waited so long. Just tap water, room temp. You can make your life easier by simply putting the water out overnight and mixing the baking soda and lemon juice in right before starting. I keep a fine mesh strainer nearby to clean the water surface when it gets cluttered. Changed my whole experience to the better when I started doing that.

I'll have to keep the Lemon Skunk in mind. Graytail convinced me that the next purchase would be Y Greiga. He described the punch like that moment when the plane lifts off and heads up into the sky. Oh yeah, right up SweetSue's alley. :laughtwo: But your Lemon Skunk looks like a good oil producer, and that warrants a closer look.

The Red Poison looks amazing. Those dramatically colored strains are addictive to grow, aren't they. ?

Good luck with the Lemon Skunk wash. You'll be asking yourself why you waited so long. Just tap water, room temp. You can make your life easier by simply putting the water out overnight and mixing the baking soda and lemon juice in right before starting. I keep a fine mesh strainer nearby to clean the water surface when it gets cluttered. Changed my whole experience to the better when I started doing that.

Great tip on the strainer. All went perfectly and I'm confident in saying our last two harvests, R2 (CKS Revolver) and D2 (Dark Devil), will be the last unwashed buds we smoke. Wasn't any harder, added at worst a couple minutes to the process, and it only takes one branch through the buckets to convert anyone.

Thank you all for keeping at us about it. :adore:

:circle-of-love:

I'll have to keep the Lemon Skunk in mind. Graytail convinced me that the next purchase would be Y Greiga. He described the punch like that moment when the plane lifts off and heads up into the sky. Oh yeah, right up SweetSue's alley. :laughtwo: But your Lemon Skunk looks like a good oil producer, and that warrants a closer look.

The Red Poison looks amazing. Those dramatically colored strains are addictive to grow, aren't they. ?

Is that Y Greiga an auto?

Jaybiz pulled the trigger on another order from Canuck Seeds of their auto lemon skunk, and we get two auto "quarter pounder" seeds as freebies. She's without question the most frosty and dense buds we've grown to date. We wore out "wow" this afternoon during harvest.

He also grabbed another 3+1 pack of Dark Devil, a huge crowd favorite. :)

May 29 (Sunday) Update.

Autos: Lemon Skunk is 72, Candy Cane 3 is 47, Red Poison is 33, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 17, and Early Miss 3 is 3 days old. Temp was 86 today with RH at 47% during lights on. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 12-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 54 days old. Temp is 80 and RH is 52% at the canopy, 78 and 56% at the top, 70 and 65% overnight. She is 15 inches from her light.

• EM3 got 1.2 liters of bubbled tap water (450 ml down her stem, 300 ml around the edge of the pot, the rest in the tray) at 151ppm and 5.8 PH @ 58 f
  • Cheryl got 2.6 liters of the same water as EM3 (750 ml down her stem, 500 ml in the tray, the rest around the edge of the pot)
  • RP got soaked with full strength bloom nutes (6 liters with 30 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B and 7.5 ml of GO CaMg+) at 946ppm and 5.8 PH @ 59 f
  • C3 go soaked with full strength bloom nutes and fortifier (6 liters with 30 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 7.5 ml of GO CaMg+, and 1.5 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 1020ppm and 5.8 PH @ 59 f

Busy day! We harvested our first Lemon Skunk and washed her, our first one. We are sold. All future harvests will be washed.

Then we tried our hand at bubble hash, from a bunch of harvest day fan leaves from everyone so far. All our low grade stuff really. Far more work than BHO, we'll have to do some quality shwag and compare, but so far we're a little unimpressed. Still, glad we got something out of it. I'll post some pics later or tomorrow.

Family pics:

EM3 at 3 days (6.56 lbs down from 6.87 yesterday, 9.20 lbs after watering today):

Cheryl at 17 days (8.82 lbs down from 9.36 yesterday, 14.54 lbs after watering today):

RP at 33 days (11.66 lbs down from 15.62 yesterday, 24.85 lbs after watering today):

C3 at 47 days (12.05 lbs down from 17.10 yesterday, 24.94 lbs after watering today):

PK at 54 days (31.46 lbs, down from 32.92 after watering yesterday):

Back in the tent

Our first Lemon Skunk's life story:

One Week old:
March 25 Update. LS is 7 days old.

LS (6.2 lbs, down from 6.6 after watering yesterday):

Two Weeks:
April 1 Update. Lemon Skunk is 14 days old.

LS (6.4 lbs down from 7.2 yesterday, 9.6 lbs after watering tonight):

Three Weeks:
April 8 (Friday) Update. Lemon Skunk is 21.

Lemon Skunk got spread out a little wider. She's got at least 6 main tops and hasn't stayed nearly as tight as the CKS strains.

LS (12.6 lbs, down from 14.4 yesterday):

Four Weeks:
April 15 (Friday!!!) Update. Lemon Skunk is 28.

LS (16.8 lbs, down from 20.6 after watering yesterday):

Five Weeks:
April 22 (Friday) Update. Lemon Skunk is 35.

LS (13.2 lbs, down from 17.6 yesterday):

Six Weeks:
April 29 (Friday) Update. Lemon Skunk is 42.

LS (8.6 lbs down from 13 yesterday, 21.4 lbs after watering tonight):

Seven Weeks:
May 6 (Friday) Update. Lemon Skunk is 49.

LS at 49 days (11.8 lbs down from 15.2 yesterday, 21.8 after watering tonight):

Eight Weeks:
May 13 (Friday) Update. Lemon Skunk is 56.

LS at 56 days (17.2 lbs, down from 23 yesterday):

Nine Weeks:
May 20 (Friday) Update. Lemon Skunk is 63.

Lemon Skunk has 7 more days by the breeder's schedule, and looks to me like she'll finish on time.

LS at 63 days (16 lbs, down from 22.6 yesterday after watering):

Ten Weeks:
May 27 (Thursday) Update. Lemon Skunk is 70.

Our third CKS Early Miss auto was born today, on the last day of our first Lemon Skunk's time in the "sun". Glad they got to meet. :hmmmm: :blushsmile:

LS at 70 days (11.03 lbs, down from 15.8 yesterday):

Next up... Tonight's before and after harvest pictures:

Back
Top Bottom