Blue Orbit, Blueberry x Spoetnik #1, Fem, 1st Grow Soil

Macdaddy420

Hi there, thought I’d introduce myself a little. Just a young fella from down under who’s currently living and growing in Canada.
This is my first grow, currently have two mother plants that have been vegetating since early February and one clone 2 weeks into flowering. I have just rooted 5 clones and transplanted them into 2 gallon smart pots I plan to veg for two weeks then flip, and starting my perpetual harvest, I also have a mutant in my ranks, a self topped seedling that I sprouted in late March.
Any and all advice and help is wanted and appreciated.

Light: 200W LED 600W~
8W LED bulb for clones.

Nutrients: Miracle grow, root booster and calmag

Grown in my 3x3x56 diy outdoor grow box.

Mother plant #1
5C00E1D1-B4E5-40AA-B710-441E728D00BD.jpeg

Mother plant #2
3C3606FC-41F6-4E42-A63A-70A84D1FD4E2.jpeg

Self topped seedling
C7B5645B-D283-4999-A307-D836F53FC52C.jpeg

Clones
B756E942-F679-45E3-86AD-C967438C4D2B.jpeg
97B8A6CD-5134-4D17-A3FC-0DD62B636AEC.jpeg
D0A80A24-9A85-43A5-AD3D-85F286C79396.jpeg
9A8BE363-3B86-42AF-A20E-5B7046C0B295.jpeg

Flowering clone
D4EC46DB-FCF4-4275-B31E-EFA29037D682.jpeg

DIY outdoor grow box. (Canada winter rated
064C80A0-1972-45CA-B6C0-3626206C5EA3.jpeg
)

Attachments

• AE603623-7F77-4FC2-A60C-7DCF2A347BB4.jpeg
    AE603623-7F77-4FC2-A60C-7DCF2A347BB4.jpeg
    625.1 KB · Views: 139
Welcome to the forum. Great idea with the outdoor grow box. But being from Canada myself unless it has a wood stove there's no way its Canada winter rated lol.
Post some pictures in natural light. Thise purple lights make it hard to give any sort of advice. It's hard to see what everything actually looks like.
On point if you don't mind me saying, calmag is mostly not needed in soil. Your medium should have enough if it's done right.

Welcome to the forum. Great idea with the outdoor grow box. But being from Canada myself unless it has a wood stove there's no way its Canada winter rated lol.
Post some pictures in natural light. Thise purple lights make it hard to give any sort of advice. It's hard to see what everything actually looks like.
On point if you don't mind me saying, calmag is mostly not needed in soil. Your medium should have enough if it's done right.
Hi mastrmasn, I had a small heater running in the winter in there but it is double walled, floored and roofed, with R32 insulation in between all spaces. Door is insulated with r32 styrofoam piece cut specifically for the opening, corners and top all sealed with weatherproof blue skin And the reflective walls inside are actually emergency heat shields from Canadian tire lol. Had to turn the heat to fan as soon as it got above 0° outside.

I took most of these through my grow glasses but will reupload with natural light!

Thanks for the tip about calmag, should I cut it out completely or ease it off?

In soil I believe calmag is not needed at all. Someone with more knowledge on soil will chime in soon I'm sure.

You look like you may have a few issues. I think I'm seeing mildew on a few plants. What you air circulation and venting like in the box? Temps and RH?

In soil I believe calmag is not needed at all. Someone with more knowledge on soil will chime in soon I'm sure.

You look like you may have a few issues. I think I'm seeing mildew on a few plants. What you air circulation and venting like in the box? Temps and RH?
The white spots on the leaves I know are from splashing when I water. Need to be a bit more careful lol. Temps are usually between 75-85° with 45-70%RH
Would love to know what else can be improved!

I've come to learn that before you adjust nutes to solve issues the first thing you should look at is PH. Bad PH can cause all sorts of issues that get compounded if you add all sorts of stuff thinking it's a deficiency.

I haven’t really added anything, I’ve burnt the mother’s a couple times with excess nutes but they recover. Will be keeping a closer eye on my pH from now on

Hey @Macdaddy420 nice looking setup and set of genetics! :ganjamon:
Your plants are looking alright - colour seems fine but they are very droopy which tells me thew are either under watered or over watered. Are you letting your pot dry out between waterings? How often are you watering?
We'll sort them out in no time! :yummy:
In soil I believe calmag is not needed at all.
CalMag is very important in soil. There is not much calcium and magnesium in general soil, however tap water contains a good amount of calcium and magnesium. Even with the CalMag within tap water, it is still necessary to add CalMag now and then. Calcium plays a large role in your roots general health & growth and it plays a big role in Photosynthesis. With humans calcium strengthens your bones, and it plays a similar role in cannabis production.
Happy growing! :yahoo:

Your plants are looking alright - colour seems fine but they are very droopy which tells me thew are either under watered or over watered. Are you letting your pot dry out between waterings? How often are you watering?

CalMag is very important in soil. There is not much calcium and magnesium in general soil, however tap water contains a good amount of calcium and magnesium. Even with the CalMag within tap water, it is still necessary to add CalMag now and then. Calcium plays a large role in your roots general health & growth and it plays a big role in Photosynthesis. With humans calcium strengthens your bones, and it plays a similar role in cannabis production.
Good to know I'm not a soil grower. I did 20 years ago but back then I don't remember having used anything other than grow and bloom nutes.
Properly amended soil wouldn't need calmag though right?

Welcome Mac, everything looks good but as you've seen Miracle Grow will burn your plants. It's not a good fertilizer for cannabis. The ratios are more for veggies so may want to look around for more canna friendly nutrients.

Properly amended soil wouldn't need calmag though right?
Not many soils have loads of calmag in it as not all plants and strains take up the same amount of calmag :ganjamon: To my knowledge you will need Calmag in your nute line up with majority of soils out there.

Not many soils have loads of calmag in it as not all plants and strains take up the same amount of calmag :ganjamon: To my knowledge you will need Calmag in your nute line up with majority of soils out there.
Good to know. I've had quite a few issues in hempy lately I'm thinking regular old soil grow my next run.

They got a fresh watering this morning, they were dry for sure.
I use a mychorizae mixed soil from Canadian tire.
I’ve just been following the ratios on the back of most of my nutrients.

Welcome Mac, everything looks good but as you've seen Miracle Grow will burn your plants. It's not a good fertilizer for cannabis. The ratios are more for veggies so may want to look around for more canna friendly nutrients.

They do burn the poor ladies, I pointed it to over fertilization.
Any recommendations for inexpensive nutes?

Back
Top Bottom