British Bulldog Meets Rottweiler - Getting Orgasmic With Organic

Hey gthm and Weaselcracker thank you both for the kind words and helpful advice. I'm on my phone at the minute as I'm out buying yet another fan to see what can be done with these temperatures, once I'm back home and on the PC I shall write a thorough reply. I'll also try and get some pics up of my successful (yes you heard that right, successful lol) stressing of my Incredible Bulk's one branch with Colloidal Silver. She has balls! :party:

Cool man, that's what I love to hear! SUCCESSFUL! And balls...hahahaha, she has balls sounds just so funny! Got a smile on my face.

DSC0077313.JPG

I'm feeling pretty happy with myself :)

Nice balls. Where did you get the silver? Did you buy it somewhere? I don't know where a person buys CS. It sounds easy to make though- and I want to make some ASAP for my Thai Stick (if it is a girl) and also the Malawi.

Nice balls. Where did you get the silver? Did you buy it somewhere? I don't know where a person buys CS. It sounds easy to make though- and I want to make some ASAP for my Thai Stick (if it is a girl) and also the Malawi.

I bought it from Amazon last year thinking I would try it out and never got around it, or plucked up the balls to try it lol. To be fair I missed a couple of days and gave up spraying after around two weeks max, I think the combination of tying it down as well as the Colloidal may have cut down on the 21 days that was advised on the post that I read. I think it worked though as they're all over the one branch that I sprayed and nowhere else. I'm happy that it took too as the Incredible Bulk is looking good, if I can grow another Milk Strawberry that looks as strong as this one I would try and pollinate that for what looks like a good strong strain. I know nothing about genetics though, I'm just playing around but I can't see any problem with that idea. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch though, I nearly put a big fan in that tent tonight :rofl:

Hello :420:

Not really much of an update but here are a couple more pictures of the branch itself that is now growing pollen sacks. The rest of the branches are perfectly fine and I'm hoping that these mature in time to actually pollinate the Milk Strawberry Skunk and the Paradise Delahaze as they are both Sativa dominant strains so should take longer to flower. I'm excited to say the least :)

Here are a couple of shots of the full branch that was treated with Colloidal Silver:

DSC0080411.JPG
DSC0081014.JPG

A quick shot of the two girls at day 27 since flip:

DSC00811ps.jpg

The Incredible Bulk:

DSC00813ps.jpg

The Milk Strawberry Skunk and Paradise Delahaze in one pot:

DSC00816ps.jpg

Things are looking good, the temperatures are around 84.7F currently since adding the new fan and rearranging my veg tent. I hear a clunking coming from my exhaust fan though so it looks like one of those will be on the cards soon, hopefully it will finish off the grow before it packs in. Does anyone have any advice regarding decent exhaust fans that will last, and preferably run quietly?

All the best everyone, may your buds be bountiful :Namaste:

P.S Weaselcracker I forgot to go through my airflow system but I'll try and get that done ASAP. I'm away at a wedding in a couple of days and will be away for the weekend, hopefully once I'm back (and recovered) I'll get some shots :thumb:

Your plants look great :). I trust you have a plan for keeping those balls away from the rest of the girls. Though I suppose having a few extra seeds around won't hurt.
As soon as I get home I'm going to brew up some colloidal silver and start spraying a plant or two. Problem is I'm not there every day as supposedly required but it's worth a try.
I also ordered one (just one) Incredible Bulk seed last week. ;)

Hello Weaselcracker, I have no plans to keep the balls away from the rest of the plants at the moment as I'm hoping to maybe get some seeds from them on this run if possible. I've positioned a little fan on the side of the door so that any pollen realised should blow over to the two girls in one pot. I've also got a lid off one of my beer brewing buckets under the tied down branch to catch any that does make it to the ground for later pollination purposes. I wouldn't worry about not being able to spray every night as I was too hammered to make it into the tents to do so on a few occasions, I also didn't reach the 21 day mark that is recommended, I don't know if the fact that I tied down the branch in flower helped it to stress that little bit more. You will not regret buying an Incredible Bulk seed, it makes for some fine buds :)

Funnily enough I was just reading your post in a different thread regarding horsetail for Silica, sounds very interesting and I'm wondering if I can get hold of that over this side of the pond. If so then I'll be grabbing some as a fast release silica until my Diatomaceous Earth finally starts releasing. I hope that you're having a fantastic day over there, it's gone 8am here so I'm going to catch some more shut eye. I've been sleeping for 6 hours every 6 hours for the past few days, I think my body is healing. All the best mate

Hello everyone,

I know this update took a little longer than expected but I ordered a new fan as I was sick of listening to the other one clunking around. I've bought a 6" Phresh Hyperfan which is supposed to be a pretty good fan, but first let me say that although this thing is tiny in comparison to my old fan it is LOUD! I've had to set it to half speed for now as it could be heard from outside the house and I don't want to compromise my grow. It was only fitted tonight but the negative pressure seems good and I'll see how it copes with temps once my heating has gone off, I thought it was hot in here lol, seems the wife put it on to dry some clothes.

OK, so here are some pictures of how my airflow is set up, if you have any advice I'm all ears and will appreciate it :thumb:

I have my intake fan coming in from the bottom of my tent on the right hand side, there is a fan at the side of that for air movement too (I have to face it towards the tent wall and rebound the air as it's way too powerful otherwise and had my plants swaying all over as if in a storm, great fan by the way :) ), there is also a large pedestal fan in the room outside the tent on constantly to try and cool the air in here:

DSC0097110.JPG

On the opposite side of the tent towards the top I have another fan that extracts from the veg tent into the flowering tent like so:

DSC009699.JPG
DSC0097210.JPG

Finally in the flowering tent I have my exhaust fan set up along with the carbon scrubber (I may need to replace this soon as when I swapped fans I noticed some loose chunks of carbon inside it). It's a bit messy at the top of the tent but it's that or I have everything hanging down on the plants:

DSC009739.JPG

That's pretty much it as far as my airflow goes, as from there it's literally ducted out through a vent in my wall to the street.

I'll be doing an update for the plants next just as soon as I get these pictures resized (grrrr come on 420Mag give us higher upload sizes) and uploaded. All the best :thumb:

The veg tent is pretty much the same chaos as usual, the plants are alive just about but growth is slow for the photoperiods.

The Bubba's Gift remains stocky, short and seems to have some curling issues going on with her leaves. I'm thinking it could be the temps as it's more pronounced today than usual, probably due to the heating having been on all evening. Other than that though she is a healthy colour, although I can't really show it in my picture as it's too late for me to be messing with Lightroom and white balancing as I've been getting up early (for me) the past few days as there's some great horse racing on all week plus England were playing foorball. It's a hard life sometimes having to drag myself out of bed for things like this lol, I should really try and get another job where I have to get up at a regular time, or maybe not ;)

Here's the Bubba's Gift:

DSC010019.JPG

The Royal Queen Seeds Critical is doing ok, again I feel the growth is slow but hey ho at least she hasn't popped her clogs and gone to CannaHeaven yet :) She's looking quite healthy apart from a couple of leaves yellowing at the bottom. I'm not sure this is down to a Nitrogen deficiency though, probably more to do with the fact that they're in contact with the soil. I may defoliate them soon:

DSC009953.JPG

Now the little Milk Strawberry Skunk that I planted in compost and soil from my garden is causing me issues. Mainly because I don't know if I'm under or over watering her. It's really hard to tell with this clay as it bakes hard as rock on top yet I know it should be moist inside. She's going through phases of leaves drooping and then once watered they perk back up, I feel like it's hydro type or something and this is unknown territory for me. I'll be keeping an eye on her though and will be doing my best to keep her through until harvest:

DSC009985.JPG

The Lemon Skunk is still a pain in the arse, her main stem is flat and split into two at the top like she is tearing herself apart from the top, how she's survived I don't know, and whether she will survive changes on a daily basis as I always want to rip her out whenever I see her. She's unhealthy to say the least, so if you want visions of beauty I suggest that you avert your eyes from both this picture and the next. Here is the Lemon Skunk with her deficiencies and warts galore:

DSC009876.JPG

The Incredible Bulk reveg is still revegging I think, I have no idea as this is my first time actually growing a revegged plant. I pulled back on the nutes with her but she still has some ugly looking colours running throughout. Another one that I want to tear up daily, but I would also like to follow through with her to harvest just so that I can say I have done it:

DSC009897.JPG

The Think Big 1 is flowering out now, she seems to prefer the light to her left than the one which is closest to her and I'm not sure what that is about. Either way apart from a little Nitrogen deficiency which I don't want to mess with at this point she seems well enough. In comparison to the Think Big 2 though I'm kind of wishing that I had topped her:

DSC009925.JPG

The Think Big 2 is also flowering nicely, I'm happy with how she is:

DSC009946.JPG

I also decided to pop another Milk Strawberry Skunk tonight so that I can transplant her into the empty pot where the other seedling dampened off:

Nothing to see here, but for the record I'll post it and see how long she takes to pop:

DSC009976.JPG

That concludes the veg tent update, onto the Flowering tent next! :thumb:

The Flowering tent is looking ok but I have just requested an invoice for another one of these Cree lights. Admittedly the owner of the company did explain to me that I would want 5 of these lights for a 4x4 tent but me being the stubborn ass that I am, plus the fact that I was trying to save money decided that 4 would be enough for 2 plants. Now I'm having second thoughts and am wondering how much yield I could potentially gain by actually listening to someone that knows what they're talking about :rofl: Either way I'm hoping to purchase another one this week and with a bit of luck it will be here in time for the finish.

The plants are at day 36 since flip so if you have any comparisons or ideas about how they stand for this far into flower please share your thoughts. Personally I think they're not bad at all, but I do wish I had gone with the manufacturer's advice. The plants are droopy as they were due a drink, I've since watered them and just now (around an hour later) have given them a feed of Bloom, Secret Golden Tree and Epsom Salts, they're looking better already.

Here is the Incredible Bulk before her water and feed:

DSC0097610.JPG
DSC0098211.JPG

Here is the Milk Strawberry Skunk and Lemon Skunk both in one pot before their water and feed:

DSC0098010.JPG
DSC0098510.JPG

So what do you think, is this budding around normal for 36 days in flip or should I be expecting more, or am I expecting too much?

All thoughts and input are appreciated as ever and I would like to wish you all well and hope that your buds are forever bountiful :thumb:

I'm not much of a judge Kriaze, because most of my plant seem to be quite low yield and long flowering. But I think yours are looking great. Looks like they're just about to hit the stage where they really fatten up. Every time I've seen pictures of that IB strain it lived up to its name. My Malawi and Pineapple Chunk don't even get much fatter by harvest than yours are at 39 days.

Hey Weaselcracker thanks for letting me know what you think. For some strange reason when I went into the tent yesterday I thought the flowers seemed to have taken a backwards step, it was weird but it just struck me that they seemed a little off. It's great to have someone else's point of view though as it's very easy to overthink things when you're growing solo, thanks for the response I really appreciated it. I may even lay off the nutes a touch too lol. Hope you're well over there, I'm headed to your garden very shortly :thumb:

I wouldn't change a thing, maybe just add that you can peel those little leaves down ever so gently to get more light into your kolas. But you spacing looks good. You may want to think ahead about bracing those kolas so they don't lean over so much. But other than that, I applaud your efforts and you're well on your way to a fabulous harvest. Keep going...
:goodjob:

Hello :420:

The plants in the veg tent are doing what vegging plants do, not a lot and not growing fast enough for my liking :)

Not a lot has changed really except finally after 8 days since potting the Milk Strawberry seedling has finally managed to lift her seed above ground. I've seen the root for a few days but she seemed to struggle to push that last little bit so I've been coaxing her with drops of water and plenty of singing and stroking the soil around her. You know how it is after a few smokes when you just want to chill with the girls while the wife is at work ;) Anyway she has finally made it but her seed doesn't look like it's opening, I'm not sure what will happen here but it's a strange thing to watch and I'm interested to see if she can make it.

The rest of the plants are just doing what they do so I'll get on with the pics.

Here is the Lemon Skunk, she's on water only at the minute until I can work out what's going on with her. She's surviving:

DSC010658.JPG

Likewise with the Incredible Bulk reveg, water only and see what happens:

DSC010698.JPG

The Think Big Auto 2 is budding and I'm unsure as to which will yield the most between her and the other, it will be interesting for me to see as I will know whether I want to top or not in the future. Here she is:

DSC010786.JPG
DSC010825.JPG

Here is the Think Big 1 which was left untopped:

DSC010807.JPG
DSC010877.JPG

The Royal Queen Seeds Critical is still growing, no signs of deficiencies but still slow growth. I think I'll be moving the light higher to encourage some stretch once the two auto plants are finished. Here she is:

DSC010918.JPG

Bubba's Gift is pretty much the same, slow growth but no deficiencies. Here she is:

DSC010965.JPG

CrackerDino is showing slight signs of nutrient burn but also some Nitrogen deficiency. It's probably down to the compost that I added but I'm confident that she will be fine. Here she is:

DSC011023.JPG

Here is the baby Milk Strawberry Skunk above ground but still encapsulated by her seed, kind of cute:

DSC011067.JPG

Now the flowering tent is another matter. When I went in today there were no feelings of anything being off like I had last time, in fact everything seems to be running at full speed. The Incredible Bulk's balls on the one branch seem to have opened but I can't find any pollen at all on my tray placed underneath it. I'm not sure whether there will be time for seeds to mature on herself as she looks like she could be done within a week or two. The plants in here are now 44 days from flip and I'm only going to be giving her water from now on. The other two plants in the one pot look like they have weeks to go yet, not an orange hair in sight which to me is a good thing as I'm hoping they give seeds.

The bud growth was surprising even to me, it's the first time I've seen them sober in a few days and it's amazing how you can forget after a few nights of staggering in to water them and then crashing to bed. Anyway I think I'll get the pictures to tell the story, I had to take a picture of one particular bud which has impressed me too :)

Here is the Incredible Bulk:

DSC0105213.JPG

Here are the Milk Strawberry Skunk and the Paradise Delahaze in one pot:

DSC010554.JPG

This bud on the Milk Strawberry Skunk looks promising:

DSC010549.JPG

Finally a little family shot. I have a table in front of the tent which I can't move so it's hard for me to get in and take a proper shot, apologies for the tent door taking up some of the pic:

DSC010627.JPG

That pretty much concludes the update for now. I'm thinking that by the next update I'll know more as to whether the girls are due for the chop chop. Until then I will wish you all the best and may your buds be bountiful :thumb:

Like me Kriaze you have a bit of a critical eye when it comes to your own grow. But I think they're doing great. A few little kinks keeps us learning. You're going to get a nice pile of bud out of them guaranteed. Well- -almost guaranteed.

Hello gthm, thanks for dropping by and I'm happy that you appreciate the pictures. I hope that you're growing well as your plants are :)

Hey Weaselcracker don't jinx me you know what I'm like lol. I can't see me making anywhere near the magical (and elusive for me) gram per watt just yet, especially with only the two pots. But I think I have to be closer to it than I have ever been so far, considering my highest yield ever was close between my first grow which yielded around 100+ grams and my Plushberry grow, both of which involved more plants. I think I may be able to come close to that judging by the looks of things. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :thumb:

I think about the most I grow is .75 grams per watt when all goes well- which it rarely does. That's with low yielding strains and a long distance/helicopter grow. That measurement system is a bit off though because it doesn't take time into account and my shortest growing strains are still three months flowering. I don't care. As long as I get some bud- preferably some that looks nice ams smokes nice, and is healthy.

Hey Weasel by the time I saw your reply I was ready for bed last night so didn't get time to reply. I know exactly what you mean, I'll be happy to get any bud that I know has no crap in it, and that I don't have to hang around waiting for or travelling miles to go and get. You know, I never realised that when you said that you didn't get chance to call in on the girls as often as you would like that you needed to get to them by helicopter :O Damn, I have visions of you abseiling in for a quick shufty at the plants then legging it out all under the cover of darkness now...OMFG! As I typed that I had the leopardskin trunks vision hahahaaaaa! I thought we might have put those to rest a long time ago but damn that just tripped me up lol.

I've given up smoking tobacco a couple of days ago, 1 day without any nicotine replacement was enough so I've bought a vape to ease that but I need something for the green too. I'm looking at a few at the moment but am really firing into the dark here so if anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it. I'll mainly be vaping green but the option to do concentrates would be great for if ever I can manage to make any, and on that note I'll throw in a gratuitous pic of tonight's delights. I'm not keen on this pipe though but it will do until I can find a decent vape :)

image13987.jpeg

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom