British Bulldog Meets Rottweiler - Getting Orgasmic With Organic

Hey growtohealme welcome aboard. The lights in the flower tent are made by greendream tech in Canada and they are 60w each. There are two spectrums, one for veg and one for flower. They look to have some amazing penetration and are ip65 rated so misting in the tent from foliar sprays or humidity are not a problem, in fact the owner of the company stated that they could be hosed down if necessary :)

As you can probably see my plants are thriving under them, I've not seen plants so healthy and happy for quite awhile. If you need more info feel free to pm me, I also have a 5% discount available but I would need to contact him and ask what it is again as my memory is like a sieve :passitleft:

All the best :thumb:

Girls look great. Can't wait for the new one to pop. Milk strawberry skunk...sounds tasty. Oh and I'm loving the pirate there in your tent. Arrrrgggghhh I'm in a sea of green gold...arghhhh.

You Rock :passitleft: I don't think any seed can pop in that soil though, I looked in on it and it had baked solid. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed lol. It was an idea that I had to try and I've lost nothing from it but after seeing how solid that soil is I've abandoned any hope this time around :)

I was wandering through the threads and found you in here- a victim of being accidentally unsubscribed from- something I do often when scrolling through subscriptions. Anyway- I'm happy and honored that I inspired you to give your garden soil a try. Sorry to hear that she's already too baked to move.

If she does complain too much I can always make it bigger
Not sure if this is a typo, lol. Been smoking that aggressive sativa again?-

I was wandering through the threads and found you in here- a victim of being accidentally unsubscribed from- something I do often when scrolling through subscriptions. Anyway- I'm happy and honored that I inspired you to give your garden soil a try. Sorry to hear that she's already too baked to move.

Not sure if this is a typo, lol. Been smoking that aggressive sativa again?-

This is without the aggressive sativa too Weaselcracker, If I smoke any of that I'll probably be typing while outside with spade in hand :)

Some may be sideways but you take fantastic pictures. Interested in seeing the Rottweilers do their thing!

Hey ShiggityFlip, thanks and me too. I didn't manage to take any pictures yesterday but I will try and get some tonight as the plants are flowering already which has quite surprised me in comparison to my more recent grows. I hope you are having a wonderful day and that your buds are bountiful :thumb:

Hello :420: it's time for an update. Primarily because...<drum roll>...We have life! The Milk Strawberry Skunk that I planted into my garden soil/compost mix had managed to break through when I checked in yesterday. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to upload any pictures but at least that gave me a chance to get another shot of her today, and she's growing :)

Here is what I saw yesterday when I went into the tent:

DSC0036013.jpg

Today I popped in again wondering if she had dampened off or keeled over in the night and to my surprise she looks like she's going for glory:

DSC0049414.jpg

So if she can make it there, she can make it anywhere (sorry the song sprang to mind), or something like that. She was looking a little unhealthy yesterday but that seems to have disappeared overnight, I shall name this plant CrackerDino, she now has my full attention.

Also a couple of nights ago I decided to top the Think Big 2, it will be nice to see a comparison of her being topped vs the Think Big 1 remaining untopped and 'au natural'.

Here is the Think Big 2 looking none the worse for my treatment of here, I'm such a cruel taskmaster sometimes:

DSC0036714.jpg

In comparison here is the Think Big 2, which I am leaving well alone:

DSC0043215.jpg

The Royal Queen Seeds - Critical is plodding along merrily:

DSC003727.jpg

As is Bubba's Gift:

DSC0037913.jpg

Plus the Lemon Haze 2 that has been above soil for around 10 or 11 days:

DSC003889.jpg

So that covers all the latest seeds that were planted, let's move onto the older girls. Starting with the Lemon Haze 1 who is looking healthier lately yet still remains stunted and compact, unlike any other plant I've grown she seems intent on creating her own tops. I may just continue and see how this one pans out, but I'm tempted to move the light further away to induce some stretch, probably a few weeks before I decide to put her into flower.

Here she is:

DSC0042210.jpg

Up next is a gory picture of how not to reveg a plant, it also highlights what a lot of growers can miss (including myself) in regards to turning plants every now and again. So I've been watching her regrow her leaves and I thought all was well, until yesterday when I decided to give all the plants a twirl and I realised that I had not turned her once in all the time she has been back in the veg tent. It was a messy sight to say the least, but at least it has been spotted and noted...Turn your plants people :)

Here she is, this is the side that has been facing the back wall of the tent forever:

DSC0041613.jpg

A quick family shot of the veg tent:

DSC0044412.jpg

After looking at other much more interesting journals than mine I decided to take a leaf from their book, so here is my little collage lol:

Collage_1.jpg

This concludes my update of the veg tent, I will leave a separate update for the flowering tent as I will be going back and forth between my journals to compare the growth of my flowering plants between the new LED's and the more traditional LED's that I also use. Until I can get that up and going I will wish you all the best, and may your buds be beautiful and bountiful :thumb:

As of yesterday, 12 days from flip the plants in the flowering tent have been showing serious signs of flowering which seemed a little quicker than under my more traditional LED's so I got to wondering whether this was truly the case and started reading through my older journals (they do come in handy don't they?) to see whether this was true or not. I'm kind of inclined to believe that they seem a good few days in advance of my usual grows but I will leave it open to others to decide what they think.

As my earliest shots of flowering previously had been 14 days since the flip it isn't really a fair test as the plants had only been flipped for 12 days when their shot was taken. I can take pictures again tomorrow night at 14 days since flip but for now I believe they are around the same stage at least as my earlier grows, so let's have a look shall we?

Here are the girls yesterday after the spray of Colloidal Silver on the Incredible Bulk (does not seem to be working but I will give it time), and a feeding for both plants of Grow, Bloom, Black Treacle and SGT. Quick side note, the newer plants in the veg room are bone dry, have not been fed for five days yet are showing no signs of needing water. This is a long time for me, a grower that is always feeling the need to tinker with their plants...but patience is a virtue and I will not force water upon them. Anyway, back on topic the plants in flower are currently being fed around the three day mark, usually when I see their leaves starting to droop which is a sign of them needing water/feed:

DSC0044612.jpg

As a comparison shot I went back to my old Plushberry grow which was by far my best grow to date, or at least the one that I was most happy with. But here are those plants (I really wish I had kept clones of this phenotype but I lacked the confidence at the time) at day 14 of their flip to a 12/12 lighting schedule:

IMGP01991506191.jpg
IMGP02011506191.jpg

Here is a link to the journal if anyone would like to double check any dates:

Plushberry Clones In Soil

OK so looking at them side by side it's hard for me to call, I think the best thing will be for me to take more pictures tomorrow and double check, but I could not shake the feeling off that they seemed to be growing faster, not very conclusive really lol. I also understand that a lot of other things should be taken into consideration other than the type of LED used, but while I am thinking of the subject I think a light meter reading is in order too. I have done this before and would also like to compare these, until then though I will again wish you all the best, and hope that your buds may be bountiful :thumb:

Hello :420:

As promised I managed to get into the tent yesterday and take some pictures of the plants at day 14 of their flowering phase. It still seems to be quite a hard call to make, then I think about the actual wall wattage that I am using (a total of 240) in comparison to that grow which was pulling 768w and I start to feel impressed, even more so when I see the results of the lumen test that I did but more on that later.

First of all let's take a look at the plants on their 14th day since the flip:

DSC0053410.JPG

Obviously there are numerous things to take into consideration such as genetics, grow environment etc but for 240w from the wall I'm happy, so much so that I'm tempted to take the generic LED out of that tent, yet it does have Infra Red and UV so that may come into play at a later date for resin production.

I thought I would have a look at the lumen output of these lights too, it was nothing scientific and I could only take a reading from the edge of the tent as I couldn't coax the wife into going into the middle because I zipped her in last time :) still I was pretty damn impressed with the output. Bearing in mind that 600w HPS bulbs are rated at anywhere between around 45,000 and 95,000 lumens at 12" I wasn't expecting anywhere near the results that I got. Here is a chart (made before the new higher powered HPS presumably) showing the output of HPS:

HPS_chart11.jpg

I'm going to let the images speak for themselves:

At 12 inches below the light (slightly off centre but I'm not quibbling) :

DSC0051012.JPG

At 24 inches below the light:

DSC0050110.JPG

At 30 inches below the light:

DSC004978.JPG

I was quite surprised that the penetration of the Rottweiler series actually beats that of a 600w HPS at both 24" and 30" and although the newer HPS lights are outputting higher lumens at 12" then I have to say, let's talk lumens per wall watt :) Like I say it was by no means a scientific experiment but it goes to show that LED technology is advancing and the efficiency in comparison to HPS is outstanding. Not that I'm hating on HPS, far from it, but I believe that the days of HPS being used as the standard for growers is coming to an end.

In other news I went through my veg room and topped all my older plants barring the Think Big 1 which I will leave to grow naturally, but it already seems small in comparison to the Think Big 2 which I topped the other day. This pretty much concludes my journal for today so I will as ever wish you all the very best, and may your buds be bountiful :thumb:

Kriaze excuse me for being clueless but can you translate those figures for me- since your chart is in lumens and your meter displays lux? I know there's a direct relationship and if I look it up somewhere I can do the math somehow, but it probably wouldn't hurt to give a dummies 101 explanation(?)

Hey Weaselcracker sure I can try my best. At its most basic lumens would be the measurement of the light intensity itself at any given point and lux would be the light amount of those lumens spread over 1 metre squared, so lux would be the measurement of the total illumination of my grow area whereas lumens would be the measurement of light intensity at any point in that given area such as my measurements taken at 12 inches, 24 inches etc etc.

Lux would be better as a measurement of light needed to illuminate a certain area to a certain light intensity overall, whereas I'm being a little more basic (or even scientific depending on the outcome desired) in the fact that I'm trying to see how much light my plants will receive at any specific location. I hope this helps as I had to read up myself as it had been awhile since I last used this meter. Now shall we discuss lumen output per watt? lol, just kidding but I tend to get drawn in with a thirst for knowledge once the bookworm in me is allowed to run loose.

There are no picture updates today due to the fact that it's a sunny bank holiday here and I'm making hay while the sun shines (read that as too drunk and medicated to take a decent picture by the time my lights come on), but around 12 hours ago I went and tied down 3 of the vegging plants for some LST after reading a wonderful thread by Snidrajsed on the how and why it is done. Namely the Think Big 2 (auto) which was topped, plus the Critical and the Bubba's Gift which were also topped/fimmed recently. I'm out watching the World of Warcraft movie tonight with my son (we both played the game for around 10 years) but once I get home I will try and get some pics of them.

All the best mate (and anyone else that may be reading this), I hope that you have a fantastic day :thumb:

I would also like to add that the measurements are x100 so the first picture would read 33,600 lumens of light intensity at 12 inches. Not bad at all considering the amount of watts driving that light, as for the lower penetrative readings they absolutely blow me away :thumb;

Hello :420:

Just a little update today as things are not going too well in the veg tent. First and foremost the Lemon Skunk (I keep typing Lemon Haze for some reason) has died on me. I think that it was down to over watering but she was so far gone that she didn't have a chance of coming back :rip: Lemon Skunk. In her place I have planted another seed, this time an Afghan Kush regular seed (freebie) which to be honest did not look that viable to me anyway. Only time will tell if it pops up, if it does my fingers are crossed that it's a male.

Secondly the larger Lemon Skunk is having some serious problems. Her stem is distorted and almost flat a few inches above the ground, I've seen nothing like it before. Also where all her branches are madly growing out everywhere it seems to have caused the top of the stem to literally break apart. I have not much hope for here either, I believe her days are numbered.

Here she is looking as well as ever:

DSC007496.jpg

The Incredible Bulk in reveg is also having some serious discolouration of her leaves, I can't be sure if it's over feeding or under, I'm not too sure how this reveg thing works but she's looked like a bag of shit since I tried it. I'm going to put her on a strict diet of water only for the next week and hope that it clears up, although some of the newer growth looks healthy (ish).

Here she is, I've no idea how a reveg plant should look but if this is it she will be that last one I try it on:

DSC007468.jpg

The Think Big 1 is ok, nothing special but she's starting to flower now, I gave her a cheeky supercrop to try and break her vertical growth as she is growing into the light, which I could move but that would be no good for Think Big 2 that shares the same light with her, what with me having topped and tied her down in the past. Here they are respectively:

TB1:

DSC007518.jpg

TB2:

DSC007546.jpg

The Royal Queen Seeds Critical is about the best looking of the bunch, apart from the fact that she is still tied down. She was defoliated just after taking this picture, unfortunately it was a last minute decision and the camera was already set up with the PC so any pictures will come next time, if she makes it that is:

DSC007569.jpg

Now Bubba's Gift has always been my favourite for some reason, and I just can't see why. She's stumpy, doesn't seem to want to grow and now her leaves are curling, I refuse to start PH'ing in what should be an organic grow, if the worst comes to the worst I will switch her to chemicals and see if it gives her the growth boost I would like to see:

DSC007588.jpg

Crackerdino! The girl in my garden clay/soil and compost mix is still growing. She's looking a little strange, a bit like a weed should look I suppose, I'm not sure if she is having deficiencies but I really think that it's too soon for feeding, so she's on water only. The only problem that I have is that I know clay holds water well, but the top bakes dry and rock hard overnight after any water, maybe it's time to dig my old moisture meter out of the shed for her, otherwise if I can fuck it up no doubt I will. As for now though she's alive and growing just as well as any of the other plants in their Canna Terra Pro based soil:

DSC007639.jpg

The heat here is terrible in my house at the moment, I'm struggling against temperatures again just like last year even though I have fans blowing constantly and no heating on in this room. As it stands I'm beginning to feel like I'm pissing against the wind when it comes to growing my own meds, it may work out best for me if I just do one or two bigger grows in winter and then shut down for the summer in the future. Besides being a bit of a fat fella the heat is killing me too lol, I really dislike being uncomfortably hot and it certainly adds an extra negative point as to why I grow when I have other issues to contend with such as seedlings damping off, fully grown plants splitting their stems and numerous other issues which the veg tent is giving me at the moment. I won't be able to do that this year though due to lack of smokeable wares.

Talking of which I just had to bin an oz and a half of 'curing' Dark Devil Auto, it was obviously too damp when it was jarred and has not been burped enough. When I looked in the jar yesterday I noticed that dreaded ammonia like smell, and rooting around the jar I found one little bud stuck at the bottom with white hairs of mould growing around it. Rather than take the risk I binned everything except for the big bud that I was so proud of which was at the top of the jar. I know that it's probably been infected, but I'm going to ask around for advice on this. Can it be cleaned? Will it kill me? The thing is, it will probably kill me more if I don't save it as I really thought my days of going hunting around and paying for street weed was behind me, but without it I tend to go crazy. My brain works overtime and I tend to have a lot of panic attacks, anxiety and generally going off my head. It was a shit kick from Karma (no idea who I have wronged) or the plant Gods though as it's hard enough to get the meds grown in the first place for someone like me who is new to growing, newish anyway. To have it taken away over a month after you think it is safe is just shit, but still there are worse things in life to complain about, and I have a half oz of emergency LSD here to keep me afloat ;) the pain is still there all the same though.

On a brighter note let's switch over to the flowering tent. I defoliated these plants today before I actually took the pictures. Not too much by my way of thinking but I wanted to open them up a little bit as I can see the potential of these buds after their 24 days in flower. I see a few yellow leaves lower down on the Paradise Delahaze but it's nothing I'm going to worry about. She seems healthy enough in other respects although all three of the plants in there are showing the first signs of heat stress. At the moment the tent is 87.4F but as the temperatures get hotter here so will the tent, for now though I'm happy with their progress.

I didn't really take any pictures of the plants individually as I was trying to capture the bud structure of the plants more than anything as they're impressing me, unfortunately I'm not too sure how well that panned out though, but here they are in all their glory after a haircut:

DSC00739ps.jpg
DSC00744ps.jpg
DSC00741ps.jpg

That flowering tent is the only reason I'm continuing on this mad quest for meds at the moment, but it brightens my day every time I look in there :)

All the best everyone, I hope your journey is easier than mine at the moment and may your buds be bountiful. Until the next time :thumb:

RIP to your ladies and bud that didn't make it. After investing so much into your plants it hurts to see them die for any type of reason. Almost like a having a relationship that didn't work out, even though it was so good at first. The required skills, the extra sweat equity, the learning curve, can all tear down a grower within a season. I was one of those people. I just can't let a minute go by without encouraging you to continue on, as you make adjustments along the way. Maybe some of the pro's around here can recommend a solution to your heat problem, but from where I stand, you got your own lights, tent, accessories, you're a boss! I read your posts and I just had to let you know I empathize with all the head stuff you wrote and it's a load to carry for sure. But you and I both know, how amazing growing is for our basic health. I know you're not quitting, I just wanted you to know, I'm listening, reading, smiling along the way with you. You'll probably feel better when you harvest. Your friend G2HM. :Namaste:

Hey Kriaze.
Beautiful photos. I had trouble tearing my eyes away to read whatever it is you wrote next to them. ;)
Sorry to hear of the problems. I have to say though- from here, your plants look fine. I know things tend to look better glowing from a computer screen halfway across the world, and it feels different/worse being there in person staring at the mess. It feels shitty when the grow goes off the rails and the whole house of cards teeters. I do find it hard on the self esteem when I realize that I'm totally confused. When I complain about it though- people keep telling me my plants look fine. Some of them do look fine, some of them don't. So me telling you they look fine isn't particularly helpful I know. Keep it in mind though- maybe you're being a little hard on yourself.
The reveg- it looks normal. I usually go through at some point after it's growing well again and strip out all the old dead foliage. I usually trim a lot of branches out too, because revegs have all those skinny little wiry limbs everywhere. Way too many. After they grow for a while longer they look just like they did before though. Especially if you do a bunch of thinning.
I suspect it has a little nute burn, by the looks of it. I tend to treat them like a younger/smaller plant when they're revegging. It's basically fairly early in veg at this point and may not need as much food as you think (?).

I think the bud you saved is fine. I don't have any worthwhile scientific knowledge of mould. There are a lot of different types of mould, and things we call mould. 'Black mould' is the one that people seem to fear most. For some reason it's a divisive subject. I'm kind of surprised how much some people fear and loathe mould.
I live in a very wet place. And kind of a wilderness place. Lots of cabins in the bush with wood heat, and no power. There is mould everywhere. Mould will grow in any building that is left unheated for a few weeks, on every possible surface. It's amazing to see the food sources we create for it. Mould growing out of tabletops, in handprint shaped patterns where someone touched a wall, on handles. It's everywhere here. My greenhouse turns into a huge mould factory every fall after harvest. I pull all the old tomato vines and dead plants out of there amid giant clouds of the stuff. I've also been fighting a running battle with mould growing on my cannabis for the last ten years, give or take. Like many of us I've grown a few plants here and there since I was a teenager, which was quite a long time ago. They got mouldy then too. Mould can and will get the plants and the jarred bud as soon as I screw up. A dehumidifier is mostly keeping it at bay. I often get a few spots each harvest. I throw away anything that's obviously off-colour. Sometimes I make hash from the stuff that's just barely affected, after removing discoloured spots.
I worked once for a couple months helping a contractor who was also a building inspector. At that time our job was checking empty buildings, mostly government owned, that were to be renovated. Basically we were assessing what needed to be done to get them in working order. Every single place we looked at was to be painted, whether they needed it or not, and a lot didn't. Mould was the reason. He said it was all complete bullshit. According to him, the dreaded black mould is capable of nothing more than 'maybe' slightly bothering some people - but only people who have specific unusual allergies, or who already have compromised lungs or certain other health problems.
He may have been talking out his ass. I'm not sure.
I've never heard of anyone I know getting sick from mould. Whenever I google it I don't seem to find any links to info about it being a real problem.
I am biased in favour of it not being a big problem. Because if it is i am either going to have to start wearing a moon suit, or more realistically, face the facts and admit that actually I am already dying from many decades of breathing mould. Or more likely, I'm actually already dead. Which would explain why I keep getting jabbed by assholes with pitchforks. I think you'll be fine smoking that bud.

The reason it went mouldy is because it was stored too damp. In my experience mould cannot live below an RH of about 70 or so. By a bagful of those little digital thermometer/hygrometers, keep them in the jars of bud and you'll know where things are at.
Sorry to hear about the destruction and resulting short supply though. It really does hurt when you've made it that far and the harvest is snatched out of your hands. By who? That idiot in the mirror did it. If we were in the same country I'd be mailing you a parcel tomorrow.
Don't be too disheartened. I've done the same thing so many times it's ridiculous. Live and learn. You've got a great setup there. Keep on forging ahead.

The heat... Maybe go over your venting system again with us? I know we went through this last year- but I don't know how it looks now. I don't know anything about ventilation either but maybe we can figure something out.
Tead lives in New Orleans and is always dealing with crazy temps. He sometimes shuts down in summer. This year he seems to be growing anyway in spite of it. He's evolved a bunch of ways of coping. Might possibly be a helpful resource for specific hurdles around the heat issue.
Scuze this incredibly long and rambling post. I'm not even sure if it makes sense.

Damn the torpedoes. Regroup and rethink things a bit and keep growing mate. That's what I'm doing.

Hey gthm and Weaselcracker thank you both for the kind words and helpful advice. I'm on my phone at the minute as I'm out buying yet another fan to see what can be done with these temperatures, once I'm back home and on the PC I shall write a thorough reply. I'll also try and get some pics up of my successful (yes you heard that right, successful lol) stressing of my Incredible Bulk's one branch with Colloidal Silver. She has balls! :party:

Back
Top Bottom