Bubba Glue - Unknown - SIP & Bottom Feeding With HM Nutes - Knowledge Welcome!

The growth is continuing, I have switched it to 12/12, and I am planning on defoliating next Monday. Where i have pinched or cut branches off at the bottom the branches have grown back and are getting some size. I am not seeing any growth slow down anywhere else so I have left them. I wanted to stress the plants at least as possible. Has anyone continued to pick the small growth and not seen any shock?

PXL_20231124_181149351.MP.jpg
11-27-non_known_bubba_.png

The first was the 24th, the 2nd today. You may notice I have a small plant also added, I am going to run the cycle and take a clone from it at the end with the other. I wanted to be on the same page starting out again and This was given to me.

I have seen great results from the solutions that I have added, The vigor and green have come back in both; really well :D I believe I had a PH Problem.

I sprayed soil with neem and organic soap which fixed the qnats pretty well. Today I installed two new AeroWave fans from the black Friday sale, which will give me more room on the floor, pics coming soon.

The seed sprout solution I made has been fermenting for 9 days now. It was recommended to wait till 3-5 weeks in the book. Would it be any harm in using it before it is finished?
I was thinking the sugar might have an effect, maybe with pest even, before the ferment had finished. I am googling it tonight when I am home I felt like a little discussion wouldn't hurt if anyone had some experience with such.

I am learning a lot from this forum and the search, I appreciate everyone's experience and hard work.

The seed sprout solution I made has been fermenting for 9 days now. It was recommended to wait till 3-5 weeks in the book.
Hmmm. Seed sprout teas are usually recommended to be used immediately. I don't remember that from the Jadam book. Can you point me? :hmmmm:

Here's a post from @Vegan4life describing it a bit.

I think this is another Clackamas Coot innovation and I know he applies his tea immediately upon blending it up with water.

Hmmm. Seed sprout teas are usually recommended to be used immediately. I don't remember that from the Jadam book. Can you point me? :hmmmm:

I think this is another Clackamas Coot innovation and I know he applies his tea immediately upon blending it up with water.
I'll post the write up below. I have never heard of fermenting SST, but as I just read the final paragraph from write up below, it does mention that some people do add molasses and ferment SST to preserve it. I make fresh sprouts weekly, I feed them to the soil immediately after I puree. I use Barley, lentils, alfalfa and blue corn. I will also add it to AACT right before feeding it the soil. I do wish that I had a bigger yard so I could make FPJ and FFJ. Hopefully some day...

The below write up was copied from "Alchimia" website:

What is Seed Sprout Tea or SST?​

Despite forming part of Chinese cuisine and medicine for centuries or even millennia, it's only been in the last 30 or 40 years that the western world has really woken up to the health benefits of eating seed sprouts, or germinated seeds. These days it's widely accepted that adding some sprouted beans or other seeds to our daily diet is highly beneficial for their high content of protein, enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. But did you know we can get some great results by adding seed sprouts to the diet of our cannabis plants too?

Yes, it's true! Our plants can make the most of the beneficial properties of sprouted seeds and enjoy a natural boost in growth and plant health. Seed sprout tea (SST) is an easy, economical and environmentally-friendly way in which we can irrigate our garden with our own homemade plant growth stimulant, rich in phytohormones, enzymes, minerals and nutrients, and is suitable for use on cannabis plants in vegetative growth as well as during the flowering period, depending on the seeds being used.

What seeds can we use to make SST?​

Seeds or grains will sprout when we expose them to air, water and warmth. This sets in motion a series of biochemical reactions that alter the composition of the seed, during which process the macronutrients are broken down and the bioavailability of micronutrients is hugely increased. In short, the sprouted seeds are far more nutritious than either the grown plant or the seed itself, and it's this vitality that we want to capture and apply to our organically-grown cannabis plants, whether we're cultivating outdoors, in greenhouses or indoors using grow lamps.

There are a few types of seed that are most commonly used for this purpose, these are primarily maize, barley, alfalfa and lentils. These are used at different times, depending on what stage of life our plants are in, and the desired effect.

Barley (Hordeum vulgare)

Sprouted barley grains contain are very high in enzymes and gibberellins, as well as many vitamins, minerals, amino acids and nutrients. As well as the growth-promoting effects of gibberellins, barley SST is principally applied in order to establish and maintain the enzymes in the substrate. These enzymes help to digest dead roots, keeping the substrate and root zone in good health, as well as potentiating the soil food web and improving nutrient uptake. Some of these enzymes, specifically chitinase enzymes, have been shown to have an inhibiting effect against fusarium, a pathogenic fungus that causes great losses in agriculture as well as in cannabis gardens.

If whole barley grains are difficult to find then malted barley is a good substitute. Because the grain has already been sprouted as part of the malting process, this is a much faster method and will only need to be steeped, or "bubbled" in water for a few hours to make a natural enzyme tea, although freshly-sprouted seeds will always be more effective. To use malted barley add 2 tablespoons per gallon of water. Apply this or Barley SST once a week during vegetative growth and then give a top-up application roughly halfway through the flowering period.

Alfalfa (Medicago sativa)

Rich in enzymes, vitamins, proteins and, most importantly, triacontanol, a potent growth-boosting plant hormone which increases photosynthesis by raising chlorophyll levels, increasing root mass, alfalfa seed sprout tea is a powerful plant stimulant that's perfect for the transition into flowering, when it helps to maintain close internode spacing and increase root mass. It can also be used in combination with Corn SST during vegetative growth and flowering as a general growth booster. More care must be taken with alfalfa as it is very powerful indeed and we recommend to either start the process with half the amount of seeds or to dilute in double the quantity of water before application.

Corn (Zea mays)

Corn or maize sprouts are high in enzymes, minerals and nutrients, and also very rich in cytokinins, a plant growth hormone which promotes lateral budding, branching and the development of thicker stems leading to improved nutrient transport and the capacity for heavier crops. It can even be used at twice the strength to control height, resulting in really squat, bushy plants, perfect for growing spaces with reduced headroom. Organic sweetcorn grains are the most common source of corn to use for sprouting, but all maize grains are easy to germinate and some growers even seek out heirloom varieties like Blue Corn to ensure their SST is GMO-free. Corn SST is best applied in late vegetative growth and up to the fourth or fifth week of flowering.

Lentils (Lens culinaris or Lens esculenta) and other legumes​

While alfalfa is, in fact, a legume, here we're talking about other legumes, not only lentils but also larger seeds such as peas, beans or chickpeas. The sprouts of these seeds contain high concentrations of auxins, producing an SST that makes a great rooting stimulant as well as working to boost growth in general. Lentils are a great choice because, due to their relatively small size, they will germinate faster than the larger legumes.

These are the most commonly used seeds for making SSTs, but it doesn't mean that other types of seed won't work equally worth experimenting with. For example, an SST using sprouted hemp seeds ought to be an excellent growth booster for cannabis plants, while sunflower seeds are well known to be high in phytohormones, and many others such as rice, fenugreek, pumpkin have been recommended as well.

It's important to always use seeds from organic agriculture for our SSTs, to avoid the possibility of introducing any trace of chemical pesticides and other undesirable compounds into our garden. The organic aisle in the local supermarket or health store is often the most convenient place to source seeds for sprouting, usually providing us with all the seeds listed above, alongside a range of other seeds that we could try out for ourselves at home.

What will we need to make SST?​

• 28g (1oz) of your chosen seeds, beans or grains
  • 1/4 tsp Kelp meal
  • Clean water
  • Sieve
  • Glass jar
  • Cheesecloth & elastic band
  • Blender/food processor

Thoroughly rinse the seeds in clean water to remove any dirt, dust or contamination. This is best done using a sieve under a running tap. This also helps to remove any abscisic acid, a growth-inhibiting hormone that occurs on the outer shell of many seeds.

Soak the seeds overnight in clean water. Adding a quarter-teaspoon of kelp meal at this point will infuse the water with growth-promoting phytohormones and help to accelerate the germination process. In this case, we've used the soluble kelp powder Alga Plus from Jumus.

Drain and rinse the seeds in clean water after soaking for at least 8 hours and put them back into the jar. They should be wet enough so that the seeds will adhere to the sides of the jar, but not sitting in water. Cover the jar mouth with cheesecloth and fix with a rubber band. This gives ventilation while stopping any insects, or dust falling in. Placing the jar on its side allows for a greater surface area of the seeds to be in contact with the air.

Rinse and drain the seeds at least twice a day until the sprouting tails are as long as the seeds themselves. This usually takes a few days. Then blend the sprouted seeds in a food processor along with a cup or so of water. In our experience, the "Nutri-Bullet" type of blender is best, but pretty much any kind of food processor will do the trick to a satisfactory level.

Separate the liquid from the seed pulp using the sieve, straining the resulting liquid into a container. The pulp can be composted or added directly to the soil surface as an enzyme-rich top-dressing.

Dilute the resulting liquid in 10 litres water before using it to irrigate your plants. In the case of alfalfa SST, which is much more potent, use 20 litres to dilute or, alternatively, start with half the quantity of seeds.

What can we do now?​

At this stage, some growers like to "bubble" or aerate the SST for 12-24 hours in a bucket with an air pump, while others will add molasses to the tea and ferment it to preserve it for a longer time. Here at Alchimia, we recommend diluting and using any SST right away for maximum freshness and effectiveness, it's easy and cheap enough to make a new batch next time you need some more.

If you'd like to boost the SST with more micro and macronutrients, amino acids and other essential elements, you can mix in some more organic, natural ingredients. For example, you could mix in some Nettle Flour, which is ideal for the growth period, or an infusion of dried Comfrey leaves for a nutritional and health boost during the flowering phase.

While SSTs may not be a replacement for the scientifically formulated, high-precision stimulants and boosters used by many cannabis cultivators, there's no question that, when used correctly, they can be a powerful tool for the self-sufficient organic grower, not only giving great results but also rewarding the grower with the satisfaction of having created their own plant stimulators in a natural way.

We hope this article has been of interest to you, please don't hesitate to leave a comment with your own experiences, suggestions or any questions you may have.

Happy sprouting!

Yes, I like that idea! I did a soil drench today with my finished microbe solution. I noticed that I had started getting gnats again. The neem oil drench worked well in the past, but now I am worried that it may kill off the microbes I am using.
The beneficial ones that is. I have read that neem helps against fungi, and this is where I am hoping you guys have some knowledge for me :D

.I was thinking of doing a drench with neem oil this evening, to help with the qnats. Is this a solid idea?
Good evening jmrl, I usually use BT (Mosquito bits) to control fungus gnats. I add 4 tablespoons to 1 gallon of water and let soak for at least 1 hour. I then put solution in my 1 gallon pump sprayer and spray the top of soil in my pots. I recently did this over a week ago. A few days after I applied the BT, I did a top dress with worm castings and a few other amendments, one of the amendments that I added was mustard seed meal. I have not seen any fungus gnats since doing this. I used approx 1/8 cup per pot (mixed with the castings and other amendments). Jeremy at Build a Soil calls Mustard seed meal a Bio-fumigator. I know the worms in my pots do not like it, but they can go down deeper for a few days until the mustard breaks down. It also causes fungal growth on the surface (good thing)... Link to my current journal is below

Yes, I like that idea! I did a soil drench today with my finished microbe solution. I noticed that I had started getting gnats again. The neem oil drench worked well in the past, but now I am worried that it may kill off the microbes I am using.
The beneficial ones that is. I have read that neem helps against fungi, and this is where I am hoping you guys have some knowledge for me :D

.I was thinking of doing a drench with neem oil this evening, to help with the qnats. Is this a solid idea?
Also I myself would not drench with neem oil. Although I do top dress with neem meal, which should also help with pests.

It is from the Unconventional Farming Site good site.

Also I myself would not drench with neem oil. Although I do top dress with neem meal, which should also help with pests.
Thanks! I looked into this and bookmarked some pages I'll need to do some more reading.

Everything is Looking. I transplanted the Bubba Glue and Trained a few branches

JMRL bUBBA GLUE
JMRL bUBBA GLUE
PXL_20231129_190830550.jpg

PXL_20231128_173300305.jpg

I was pondering on going ahead and lollipopping her. Should I wait till my first bud appearance and cut the branches I do not want? From my previous places I cut I have growth that is already 3-5 inches long. Is this something you guys keep up on weekly or bi weekly during veg?

Here is a shot in which you can see some of the little branches I am speaking of :D

I have some videos but Not allowed to upload here.
THanks!

11-28-non_known_bubba_3days_lower_branches.png

I usually wait until stretch is over (2-3 weeks after flip) and then remove the bottom third of stuff that won't make it up to the canopy. I try to take the buds and growth nodes and leave as many of the leaves as I can, but some growers take everything from that lower third.

I usually wait until stretch is over (2-3 weeks after flip) and then remove the bottom third of stuff that won't make it up to the canopy. I try to take the buds and growth nodes and leave as many of the leaves as I can, but some growers take everything from that lower third.
Very Insightful. Thanks

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AS OF 12/1/23
Ideas for Keeping a Healthy Living Soil Going FORWARD - brainstorming/production

Rain Water USE or Multi-Day Tap
Microbial Solutions[exp. JMS]
Seed Sprout Puree[UF]
Pot-Ash + Sulfur Water Sollubule Mixture
Cannabis VEG Ferment

Sweet Potato, Pumpkin, Banana Ferment
Strawberry, Tomato Ferment
I am seeking input from the ones that have done such, with results. I will be fermenting beside my tent which will stay around 70. With the idea of using a heater in the Juice if I cant keep a steady liquid temp :D

Looking for things to create using these ingredients. I know its plenty of ones that have other nutrition facts. But From the comparison tool, these would be a cheap way to get the goodness

Substitutes
Mustard Greens ( CAL 64.4mg / POT, K 215mg / PHOS, P 32.5mg )
Canned Navy Beans(
CAL 123.1mg / Po,t K 754.6mg / MAG 123.1mg / PHOS, P 351.1mg )
UnCooked Oats (
CAL 84.2mg / POT, K 669.2mg / MAG 276.1mg / PHOS, P 815.9mg )
Mashed Sweet POTs (
CAL 76.5mg / POT, K 535.5mg / MAG 61.2mg / PHOS, P 132.6mg) ( Ingredients of JMS Nutrion Facts? )
Sweet POTs ( CAL 39.5mg / POT, K 448.5mg / MAG 33.2mg / PHOS, P 62.6mg)
BuckWheat (Wheat) (
CAL 30.6mg / POT, K 782.7mg / MAG 392.7mg / PHOS, P 589.6mg)
Hemp Seeds (
CAL 19.9mg / Pot, K 340.8mg / MAG 198.8mg / PHOS, P 468.6mg )

This is all I have time for currently. Let me know if you like and ill do more for an easy reference. The data is easy to find its just having to hunt for your specific items.

Also if you would like some ingredients with Iron / Copper / Zinc Measurements lmk.

Any particular recipes someone would like me to look up for each of the facts? I could give it a try! Be Kind!

I am not against any other methods besides this route also :D I know compost, worm casts, etc.. Maybe a unique approach that is budget-friendly also. For everyone that has $ problems such as I atm.[sloppy i know]

Trained the Plant a little today also I should look into a 4x8 and see how much I can actually get out of one If the other clone didn't show such vigorous growth the past week I would have ditched her for room simply I can always use for a Juice :peace::D

Tell me what you think. I do know it is a lot of tek's in existence. I am purely speaking on your opinion on bud yield with a small and large vs a really large. My goal now is to ride this one out and see how much difference It makes when one grows more vertically with thick buds than a lot of smaller ones spread out
PXL_20231202_170404783.jpg
12-02-non_known_bubba_after_training.png

Hello Guys!

The plants have started flowering, but babi jr in the back hasn't shown its sex even. Hoping it is a female :eek: lawls

12-07-non_known_bubba_day_2_flower.png

I have started having problems with the duct fan losing connectivity and turning on full speed, This is one of the Vivosun Aero's I have messaged them with the video, But once I mess with the USBC connection it kicks back in. So Im to think its a short :D Has anyone heard of anything like this?

I forgot to mention I have added VeriComposting to my repertoire in the past few weeks. So Ill be doing some teas and adding castings to my top very soon :D This on top of the plant juice I'll be making, should take me to harvest, with what I already do hopefully.

Hello everyone!

Got some updated photos for you guys that show the flowers a bit better :D

12-14-non_known_.jpg
PXL_20231214_194823921.MP.jpg
12-14-non_known_bubba.jpg

Lil JR
12-14-bubba.jpg

I have started adding molasses to my water, with fermented Seed Sprout.

My Calcium Acetate is almost completed and I'll dose it for the first time probably the next watering, I'll prob add a couple of tsp of Epson Salts to the water also :D to Substitute the well-known Cal-MAg you'd buy from Amazon.

I am looking for an Air Pump for my Compost Tea's. I haven't had the extra funds to make the $40 purchase so if anyone has an extra lying around for a good deal HMU, I know its unlikely but maybe someone can point me toward a deal :D

Here is a few shots of my Organic Fertilizer's
This is the Fermented Seed Sprout after almost 4 weeks [ Do I need to strain it? or let it ride?]

Seed Sprout Ferment

PXL_20231208_181138331.jpg

Calcium Acetate
This is the Calcium Acetate, I will be coming up with a Post showcasing both soon.
PXL_20231212_211610755.jpg
12 hrs
PXL_20231212_232016956.jpg
24hrs
PXL_20231213_184728136.jpg
36hrs

Thanks, everyone. If anyone has any suggestions on more Organic Fertilizers I can make at home, I always love learning something new. Especially if its information has supporting references to the data.

Do you have a copy of the Jadam book? Lots if recipies in there for everything from fertilizers to pest control and lots of stuff in between.

Also have a look at my Alchemy thread where I highlight a number of my KNF and Jadam experiments.

Do you have a copy of the Jadam book? Lots if recipies in there for everything from fertilizers to pest control and lots of stuff in between.

Also have a look at my Alchemy thread where I highlight a number of my KNF and Jadam experiments.
Currently, I do not have a copy of the book. It is in my WishList. I have added your threads, to my ToReadList :D

As of Today. Around 12 days of Flowering, Also on the Fabric Pot's I started bottom Feeding today with a gallon each, and with .5 Gal top feed on both, With all the water just about soaking up on each.

PXL_20231215_173939149.MP.jpg

I'll post the write up below. I have never heard of fermenting SST, but as I just read the final paragraph from write up below, it does mention that some people do add molasses and ferment SST to preserve it. I make fresh sprouts weekly, I feed them to the soil immediately after I puree. I use Barley, lentils, alfalfa and blue corn. I will also add it to AACT right before feeding it the soil. I do wish that I had a bigger yard so I could make FPJ and FFJ. Hopefully some day...

The below write up was copied from "Alchimia" website:

What is Seed Sprout Tea or SST?​

Despite forming part of Chinese cuisine and medicine for centuries or even millennia, it's only been in the last 30 or 40 years that the western world has really woken up to the health benefits of eating seed sprouts, or germinated seeds. These days it's widely accepted that adding some sprouted beans or other seeds to our daily diet is highly beneficial for their high content of protein, enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. But did you know we can get some great results by adding seed sprouts to the diet of our cannabis plants too?

Yes, it's true! Our plants can make the most of the beneficial properties of sprouted seeds and enjoy a natural boost in growth and plant health. Seed sprout tea (SST) is an easy, economical and environmentally-friendly way in which we can irrigate our garden with our own homemade plant growth stimulant, rich in phytohormones, enzymes, minerals and nutrients, and is suitable for use on cannabis plants in vegetative growth as well as during the flowering period, depending on the seeds being used.

What seeds can we use to make SST?​

Seeds or grains will sprout when we expose them to air, water and warmth. This sets in motion a series of biochemical reactions that alter the composition of the seed, during which process the macronutrients are broken down and the bioavailability of micronutrients is hugely increased. In short, the sprouted seeds are far more nutritious than either the grown plant or the seed itself, and it's this vitality that we want to capture and apply to our organically-grown cannabis plants, whether we're cultivating outdoors, in greenhouses or indoors using grow lamps.

There are a few types of seed that are most commonly used for this purpose, these are primarily maize, barley, alfalfa and lentils. These are used at different times, depending on what stage of life our plants are in, and the desired effect.

Barley (Hordeum vulgare)

Sprouted barley grains contain are very high in enzymes and gibberellins, as well as many vitamins, minerals, amino acids and nutrients. As well as the growth-promoting effects of gibberellins, barley SST is principally applied in order to establish and maintain the enzymes in the substrate. These enzymes help to digest dead roots, keeping the substrate and root zone in good health, as well as potentiating the soil food web and improving nutrient uptake. Some of these enzymes, specifically chitinase enzymes, have been shown to have an inhibiting effect against fusarium, a pathogenic fungus that causes great losses in agriculture as well as in cannabis gardens.

If whole barley grains are difficult to find then malted barley is a good substitute. Because the grain has already been sprouted as part of the malting process, this is a much faster method and will only need to be steeped, or "bubbled" in water for a few hours to make a natural enzyme tea, although freshly-sprouted seeds will always be more effective. To use malted barley add 2 tablespoons per gallon of water. Apply this or Barley SST once a week during vegetative growth and then give a top-up application roughly halfway through the flowering period.

Alfalfa (Medicago sativa)

Rich in enzymes, vitamins, proteins and, most importantly, triacontanol, a potent growth-boosting plant hormone which increases photosynthesis by raising chlorophyll levels, increasing root mass, alfalfa seed sprout tea is a powerful plant stimulant that's perfect for the transition into flowering, when it helps to maintain close internode spacing and increase root mass. It can also be used in combination with Corn SST during vegetative growth and flowering as a general growth booster. More care must be taken with alfalfa as it is very powerful indeed and we recommend to either start the process with half the amount of seeds or to dilute in double the quantity of water before application.

Corn (Zea mays)

Corn or maize sprouts are high in enzymes, minerals and nutrients, and also very rich in cytokinins, a plant growth hormone which promotes lateral budding, branching and the development of thicker stems leading to improved nutrient transport and the capacity for heavier crops. It can even be used at twice the strength to control height, resulting in really squat, bushy plants, perfect for growing spaces with reduced headroom. Organic sweetcorn grains are the most common source of corn to use for sprouting, but all maize grains are easy to germinate and some growers even seek out heirloom varieties like Blue Corn to ensure their SST is GMO-free. Corn SST is best applied in late vegetative growth and up to the fourth or fifth week of flowering.

Lentils (Lens culinaris or Lens esculenta) and other legumes​

While alfalfa is, in fact, a legume, here we're talking about other legumes, not only lentils but also larger seeds such as peas, beans or chickpeas. The sprouts of these seeds contain high concentrations of auxins, producing an SST that makes a great rooting stimulant as well as working to boost growth in general. Lentils are a great choice because, due to their relatively small size, they will germinate faster than the larger legumes.

These are the most commonly used seeds for making SSTs, but it doesn't mean that other types of seed won't work equally worth experimenting with. For example, an SST using sprouted hemp seeds ought to be an excellent growth booster for cannabis plants, while sunflower seeds are well known to be high in phytohormones, and many others such as rice, fenugreek, pumpkin have been recommended as well.

It's important to always use seeds from organic agriculture for our SSTs, to avoid the possibility of introducing any trace of chemical pesticides and other undesirable compounds into our garden. The organic aisle in the local supermarket or health store is often the most convenient place to source seeds for sprouting, usually providing us with all the seeds listed above, alongside a range of other seeds that we could try out for ourselves at home.

What will we need to make SST?​

• 28g (1oz) of your chosen seeds, beans or grains
  • 1/4 tsp Kelp meal
  • Clean water
  • Sieve
  • Glass jar
  • Cheesecloth & elastic band
  • Blender/food processor

Thoroughly rinse the seeds in clean water to remove any dirt, dust or contamination. This is best done using a sieve under a running tap. This also helps to remove any abscisic acid, a growth-inhibiting hormone that occurs on the outer shell of many seeds.

Soak the seeds overnight in clean water. Adding a quarter-teaspoon of kelp meal at this point will infuse the water with growth-promoting phytohormones and help to accelerate the germination process. In this case, we've used the soluble kelp powder Alga Plus from Jumus.

Drain and rinse the seeds in clean water after soaking for at least 8 hours and put them back into the jar. They should be wet enough so that the seeds will adhere to the sides of the jar, but not sitting in water. Cover the jar mouth with cheesecloth and fix with a rubber band. This gives ventilation while stopping any insects, or dust falling in. Placing the jar on its side allows for a greater surface area of the seeds to be in contact with the air.

Rinse and drain the seeds at least twice a day until the sprouting tails are as long as the seeds themselves. This usually takes a few days. Then blend the sprouted seeds in a food processor along with a cup or so of water. In our experience, the "Nutri-Bullet" type of blender is best, but pretty much any kind of food processor will do the trick to a satisfactory level.

Separate the liquid from the seed pulp using the sieve, straining the resulting liquid into a container. The pulp can be composted or added directly to the soil surface as an enzyme-rich top-dressing.

Dilute the resulting liquid in 10 litres water before using it to irrigate your plants. In the case of alfalfa SST, which is much more potent, use 20 litres to dilute or, alternatively, start with half the quantity of seeds.

What can we do now?​

At this stage, some growers like to "bubble" or aerate the SST for 12-24 hours in a bucket with an air pump, while others will add molasses to the tea and ferment it to preserve it for a longer time. Here at Alchimia, we recommend diluting and using any SST right away for maximum freshness and effectiveness, it's easy and cheap enough to make a new batch next time you need some more.

If you'd like to boost the SST with more micro and macronutrients, amino acids and other essential elements, you can mix in some more organic, natural ingredients. For example, you could mix in some Nettle Flour, which is ideal for the growth period, or an infusion of dried Comfrey leaves for a nutritional and health boost during the flowering phase.

While SSTs may not be a replacement for the scientifically formulated, high-precision stimulants and boosters used by many cannabis cultivators, there's no question that, when used correctly, they can be a powerful tool for the self-sufficient organic grower, not only giving great results but also rewarding the grower with the satisfaction of having created their own plant stimulators in a natural way.

We hope this article has been of interest to you, please don't hesitate to leave a comment with your own experiences, suggestions or any questions you may have.

Happy sprouting!
Lol i blended my malted barley up and topdressed the top feeder roots loved it wish i had more space for more projects id love to brew teas and my own mushrooms for co2 and wine making etc…..wow nice comeback in the sip J! Such a hardy plant! I think i have may have went a little to scissor crazy too early in flower sucker branches took over the interior in late flower anyway :confused: Happy growing!

Check out the microbes.
What a lovely picture.
PXL_20231218_184908536.jpg

As far As it goes using this, I understand I am good from now until I see no growth correct? With the first appearance of the ring? I haven't moved it. My last batch did well I presumed but didn't have this type of growth as this time :D I took extra care and it was a larger batch this time.

Just making sure my knowledge is up to snuff.

Lol i blended my malted barley up and topdressed the top feeder roots loved it wish i had more space for more projects id love to brew teas and my own mushrooms for co2 and wine making etc…..wow nice comeback in the sip J! Such a hardy plant! I think i have may have went a little to scissor crazy too early in flower sucker branches took over the interior in late flower anyway :confused: Happy growing!
Its been a blast learning mate. I do recommend it. The only teas that I currently make are anaerobic which may not be as sweet smelling.

I just made my first MJ Mix yesterday from my suckers :D

Will it do any good to put some microbes in here ? The same LEaf Mould was used, I harvested it in the summer.
PXL_20231218_150844412.jpg

Back
Top Bottom