Bubba Kush - Pre '98 & Katsu Cut S1 w/ Tora Bora & Master Kush - Mineralized Soil

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

How's ur pre 98 new growth doing? Does it have the strange tips on more than one set of leaves, I have seen it before and is a deficiency of some kind, but I've only ever had it happen with clones and tends to grow out of it.
If it's just one set tho ur prob right and it just got nicked when it was small

Anyways looking good bro, I've ordered a CC pre 98 BX2 which should arrive tomorrow, that's next one I'm cracking!

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

How's ur pre 98 new growth doing? Does it have the strange tips on more than one set of leaves, I have seen it before and is a deficiency of some kind, but I've only ever had it happen with clones and tends to grow out of it.
If it's just one set tho ur prob right and it just got nicked when it was small

Anyways looking good bro, I've ordered a CC pre 98 BX2 which should arrive tomorrow, that's next one I'm cracking!

The only place there's damage on that plant is the apical meristem; nute burn was the first thing I thought it may be. Then I noticed the pattern on the leaf blades. The tip itself is okay.
I probably got an off bean when I got my Pre '98 BX2 from Cali Connection; I hope it isn't reflective of what this strain is about.

The whole group:

011714.JPG

I separated the tip a bit carefully on this Pre '98 to show the details of this damage:

008997.JPG

The older topped Pre '98:

012638.JPG

The cloned top of it:

013604.JPG

Both Katsu cut BKs:

009893.JPG
010831.JPG

I need to feed, but the soil is staying wet a bit long after the last watering. When the soil is dry enough, I think I'll give them (per 1 gallon of water):

2 Tbsp. Molasses
7.6 ml. Sensi-Zym
3.8 ml. Liquid Carboload

:peace:

Some of them look like slight iron def, I've tried to find any info on the growing tips dying but couldn't find anything. Growing tips need iron to survive I've found out so that could be the issue.

If it was me I'd give them a feed, they ain't showing any signs of burnin so should be fine, molasses contains a lot of iron, I'd maybe chuck a small dose of half veg/bloom on plants that haven't started flowering yet aswell

Also I find when I've put my plants into flower they don't drink as much until they've sorted themselves out

GL bud

That last statement explains a lot. Already my first hydro DWC experiment had me wondering. It's definitely not a standard rate that a plant takes on water; it seems to depend on a few things. I'm going to wait it out and then feed. The mild molasses feedings (1 tsp./gal.) are officially over. You're right; if I don't see nute burn it's not necessary to play the cautious side. I keep thinking because nutes are in the soil that I have to feed light (or none) until they run out, then feed heavy (if the strain calls for it). If the soil is dry today, I'll feed and from now on do the heavy feeding formula listed above @ all times.

Here's the Master Kush plants. If I would have went 1 tsp./gal. for 5.5" pot, 1 Tbsp./gl. for the second transplant, then 2 Tbsp./gal. for the 5 gallon pot with the molasses, I think I would have done better. You can see the deficiencies even worse in these:

0061153.JPG

I'll defol as soon as I see the buds forming a bit more. They're starting into it now:

0071095.JPG

Sorry about the pic quality.....

:peace:

Man some dude come on to an organic gardening thread I was reading a while ago and bashed every Hi-Brix grower to kingdom come on using molasses as a food source. Even though another dude explained to him that roots weren't like drinking straws and didn't get clogged, he seemed knowledgable enough and scared me out of using it heavy or regularly. I'm over it, though (I hope). I fed all 4 of the main Bubbas this morning. I'll take pics again in a few days to show progress.

nice bushes.

That last statement explains a lot. Already my first hydro DWC experiment had me wondering. It's definitely not a standard rate that a plant takes on water; it seems to depend on a few things. I'm going to wait it out and then feed. The mild molasses feedings (1 tsp./gal.) are officially over. You're right; if I don't see nute burn it's not necessary to play the cautious side. I keep thinking because nutes are in the soil that I have to feed light (or none) until they run out, then feed heavy (if the strain calls for it). If the soil is dry today, I'll feed and from now on do the heavy feeding formula listed above @ all times.

Hey bud,

Feed away bro, if plant shows no signs of burn don't matter how strong the soil is, the plant can take it, if it was me, I maybe wouldn't give many full strength feeds just in case it prevents the natural fade, can always feed with liquid nutes later, but it's more of a issue if ya have nutes left in the soil during last few weeks. Depends how strong ya mix is.
Also with AN products be careful with salt build ups, if u put say half liter of plain water on the plant before you feed and leave a few mins, then once you've fed leave it a few mins again and pour another half liter of plain water, this helps prevent Some salt buildup, I do this every time I feed.

GL bud anyways, plants looking sweet, one question for ya was your CC pre 98 bean tiny? I've just started germing mine and its one of the tiniest seeds I've grown, lol.

Oh and nothing wrong with using molasses, only need to check ya roots, they SHOULD still stay white and healthy, heh.
Peeps been using it for eons, although I have changed to sucanut which contains more minerals etc, I believe it's actually the stage or a couple in the process before you get to molasses. It's also granular like sugar so is a hella lot easier to mix than molasses. I'd recommend checking that out if ya get a chance, if you google 'sub cool sucanut' there's a good article he wrote on --------.

EDit, lol, it automatically blanks the sites name! loll, that's funny! it is a dump of a site but all us nerds used to hang out in subs section! but unfortunately the trolls ruined that and sub got tired of them. :(

no problem. think of molasses as a more natural form of humic acid, helps the stuff in the soil decompose faster, and also supplies mild sugar to the plants roots like a nice bath lol

lemon also works like humic acid if you don't wanna speed lots of money for humic acid like topmax. personally ill never buy that stuff, they say its made from decayed peat moss, I can use lemon or use a soil with some peat :thumb:

Back when I went through my add flavor and feed at the same time phase, I picked up a bunch of junk I might try. Maybe I should mix 1/2 gallons and try each one to see which work best. Do one with natural raw cane sugar, one with Hi-Brix molasses, one with organic coconut sugar, and one with the organic blue agave nectar I wanted to try to see which one the plants like best. Was thinking of trying an organic maple syrup, but wanted to see if it was safe first :)

I realize now that the problem on this Pre '98 is not leaf damage, as it is progressing onto the apical meristem as it grows outward:

0011561.JPG

I realize that this isn't getting rid of the problem, but here's the after pic anyway :)

010839.JPG

I tried to research the problem too, Omar X. I'm down to either:
a) The tap root was damaged when the transplant happened.
b) Watering this particular mix in only 3-4 days prior to using it may mean that some of the nutes breaking down are hot and causing root burn.
c) Like you mentioned, possible iron deficiency or lockout.

Here's a few pics of the first Pre '98 going into flower:

0041405.JPG
009900.JPG
0081006.JPG

The Katsu cut Bubbas:

0061162.JPG
0051334.JPG

The whole group:

0071103.JPG

The molasses feeding brought some color back to the leaves, but I have to feed more. After a few more feedings, if the oldest Pre '98 is still light green it's getting fed. They all grew about 1' since I started 12/12 (except the clone and the topped, prematurely flowered Katsu). The tops are now in the light bleach zone, so I'll have to judge health and general feeding times by the lower leaves (in the group shot above, there are gold colored hooks on the right and left side about halfway up that mark the beginning of the area that bleaches out with light). I wonder when the nice smell starts happening. I take a leaf off, crush it and it smells like menthol a bit but more like parsley and maybe moist earth. Pee yoo. But at least it's not as bad as that Master Kush. Think dead cemetary flowers there..... :(

Note: The first Katsu cut Bubba I planted started showing the exact same problems as the Pre '98 I topped the other day (my answer to the wilt on this one also; I hate doing it at the start of flowering but at least it lowers the plant out of the heat zone. On a brighter note, upon observation I noticed a few things:
1) The Pre '98 in the center of the grow is showing signs of heat stress (edge of serrated leaf blades turned upward indicating excessive transpiration).
2) There is a slight burst of heat when I open the double door coming from the very top of the unit.
3) As I opened the back of an closed 8" hole at the top of the unit to cure this problem, I noticed a lot of moisture on the towel I used to keep the hole airtight.

So my next diagnosis on this problem is heat stress. At the canopy even before I did this remedy, the temp just above the aforementioned hooks keeps between 79 - 83 degrees F. When I hang the thermometer 6" below the output flex duct it reads 86 degrees F and above. Hopefully this will solve the problem and I can stop standing back a step to avoid the microwave popcorn heat burst after I open the door (just kidding; it's not that bad).

your plants look great. I wonder why that one plant couldn't take the heat?

i'm glad the molasses brought some color back. I would use molasses again next watering as I still see high lither green which indicates too much nutrients. the molasses should help the soil and plant break down the nutes and use them more wisely :)

you should also consider squeezing a lemon into your mix :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom