Bubba Kush - Pre '98 & Katsu Cut S1 w/ Tora Bora & Master Kush - Mineralized Soil

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

Your the man with the plan and it seems like its working for ya! good going buddy and good luck with your new clone!

I should keep topping the clones too so I get my money's worth :)
The clones don't miss a beat if I do them the right way and quick enough. The Free Tibet one I have is doing a bit rough; it wasn't a good branch choice, but I had to get things moving along.

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

I'm subbed. Looks great. :surf::rollit:

Welcome, high 420kwats. I'll get pics up as soon as I can, but I've been busy.
Here's what I'm going to do with this grow. The 2 Nirvana Seeds Master Kush plants are in need of food; they are slowing in growth. I am going to water them into 5 gallon pots of Icemud's mineralized soil (they are in 2 gallon pots of it now) with AN Iguana Bloom and all of AN's organic/natural supplements, minus the Sensi-Cal Bloom (Organic B-1, Grandma Enggy's F1 and H2, Liquid Carboload, Voodoo Juice, and Sensi-Zym). From there I am going to switch the light in this unit to a 400 watt HPS @ 12/12 and flower just these 2 plants out in here, hoping the food in the extra 3 gallons of soil mix will last it.
The older Pre '98 Bubba Kush is going under the 600 watt HPS along with a transplant from a 3 gallon to a 5 gallon with the same conditions as above. I'll veg the older Bubba Kush Katsu cut longer along with the second Pre '98 (growing more like a true Kush) and the topped second Katsu cut, and as soon as I kill my second Old Timers Haze plant I'll convert that unit to a 400 watt MH @ 18/6 and close my current veg unit down. Gotta mix more of this soil soon.....

:peace:

The mineralized soil is wet still (I had to mix a new batch; the last of the first batch went on the first Pre '98 and Katsu cut Bubba Kush plants), so I didn't water the Master Kush plants in when I transplanted them to the 5 gallon pots. I did put them under the 400 watt HPS and 12/12 this morning, and the two are alone (for now and hopefully for the whole grow) in a 2' x 3' unit. The soil should be dry in a day or two and I'll feed then.
The aforementioned Bubba Kush plants went into 5 gallon pots and under a 400 watt MH conversion bulb @ 18/6 yesterday. The other two plants in this grow are in that same 20" x 42" unit. The untopped Pre '98 is doing well, but the top, transplant, and light change was a bit much for the young Katsu cut. It'll live, but it's small. Here's a shot of the whole unit along with some clones, a DWC, and reveg plants I'm doing:

0021537.JPG

First timing of transplants and pot sizes (older untopped Katsu cut):
4" peat pot to a 5.5" pot 3rd week.
5.5" pot to a 2 gallon 6th week.
2 gallon pot to 5 gallon pot @ 8 weeks and 3 days:

0031466.JPG

Bad timing. Rootbound and nutrient deficient @ 3rd transplant.

Second timing of transplants and pot sizes (younger untopped Pre '98):
5.5" pot to 2 gallon pot after first month.
2 gallon pot to 5 gallon pot after 7 weeks and 3 days:

0041379.JPG

It would have made it the full second month I think.....

Hope everybody's well; the candy companies don't make bubblegum cigars anymore I found that out getting Halloween candy at the store and all the stuff they still do make is a lot smaller plus they only give you one almond in an All Mund Joi bar these days too I know it's got me plenty pissed off oh the foot long sour fruit flavored bubblegum sticks and Chunn Kee bars are gone too the bastards :(

Here's the latest update. The first clone from the Pre '98 Bubba Kush is doing okay:

0021542.JPG

That mother plant is in flower right now. I need to do some defoliation because I had to pull this withered branch out from under a shade leaf:

010826.JPG

Now on the other hand, the first Katsu cut Bubba Kush I topped slowed down on the growth a bit (the clone isn't doing great either; I'll get it to take, though):

0031472.JPG

My first Katsu cut Bubba Kush is just now starting to feed from the mineralized soil. I can tell by the new growth on top:

0051317.JPG

In less than a week I'll be putting some of these into flower. This is the Pre '98 I decided not to top. I know I'll get a lower yield, but I want a good looking plant; it's been a while....

0041386.JPG

As soon as a Blue Cheese clone I have going chops out, I'll rearrange my 12/12 units and put both Pre '98s, the bigger Katsu, and the Pre '98 clone (maybe the topped Katsu plant if it gets going well enough) under the 600 watt HPS. I can put my GDP, GSC, and Free Tibet clones in with my other GDP clones to finish under a 400 watt HPS. Timing of transplants makes a big difference in the results with this method, but I'll have to experiment with each individual strain to see when to do them and what size container to do them in.

The topped Katsu cut, the Pre '98 clone, and the untopped Pre '98 took to the 400 watt MH quite well; so well I'm going to have to put them and the taller Katsu cut under the 600 watt tomorrow with the topped Pre '98 (I may veg the topped Katsu a bit longer, though) and start flowering. Both Katsu cuts don't look so healthy; I'm going to feed them both a full bottle strength dose of AN Iguana Bloom w/organic and natural additives to give them a food boost to start out with. The Master Kush plants are under the 400 watt (I'll take pics soon). I think I'm going to have to start feeding the taller plant before it chops, as well as the Pre '98 already in flower.

Here's what I'm hoping will be the final setup. The oldest topped Pre '98 Bubba Kush, oldest untopped Katsu cut Bubba Kush, first Pre '98 clone, younger untopped Pre '98 and younger topped Katsu cut are in under the 600 watt HPS:

0021543.JPG

..... and the two Master Kush plants are under a 400 watt HPS:

0041389.JPG

And we're off! :)

Thanks man. I'm already seeing what I see come every cold season in that particular grow unit with the MKs. Nutrient lockup from cold roots. I turned on the seed starter mat I put underneath them last year to correct the problem, and I hope that takes care of it.
From my observation so far, the Katsu cut is more finicky than the Pre '98.

Hey Potchimp! Just stopping buy to see how your bubba's are doing! Looking really healthy!!! My Pre98's loved topping, I had my mother going for a good 5-6 months and kept topping/pruning and when I finally decided to cull her, she looked like a bush, probably a good 20 tops!!! Can't wait to see these ladies rock through flowering!! Bubba is such a beautiful plant when flowering :)

I'm just in time! I grew master kush before, stuff is great.

I'm just in time! I grew master kush before, stuff is great.

How many weeks out from the start of 12/12 did you chop? Was it Nirvana Seeds Master Kush? I hope these are an equal cross; neither the Hindu Kush or the Skunk #1 being dominant, but if one is I hope it's the SK1.

Hey Potchimp! Just stopping buy to see how your bubba's are doing! Looking really healthy!!! My Pre98's loved topping, I had my mother going for a good 5-6 months and kept topping/pruning and when I finally decided to cull her, she looked like a bush, probably a good 20 tops!!! Can't wait to see these ladies rock through flowering!! Bubba is such a beautiful plant when flowering :)

At ten days of 12/12, the first Pre '98 I put into flower is showing hairs. I think I'm going to colloidal silver the Katsu cut top/clone and pollinate the Pre '98 top/clone I took (more than likely I'll just pollinate a single branch). I know it's been done before, but I'd like to have it in regular seed form and IBL'ed enough to make it good breeding stock. Yeah the many articles about Pre '98 being the best tasting pot there is got me hooked to the legend :) Nice to know I'm going to get some eye candy pics too.

How many weeks out from the start of 12/12 did you chop? Was it Nirvana Seeds Master Kush? I hope these are an equal cross; neither the Hindu Kush or the Skunk #1 being dominant, but if one is I hope it's the SK1.

yeah dude, it was a great grower. I had 2 regs and 1 hatched and grew like a tank. the skunk takes over after the stretch. cures into a kush and cheese (I think that kush n cheese is a "master kush" cut)

I pulled her 9-10 weeks after I saw first pistil. skim through the photos. short journal :)

Master Kush

The group: 13 days into flower, the Pre '98 (middle) is developing the bud sites.

0011551.JPG
0021547.JPG
0031480.JPG

The rest haven't been in there long enough to see anything yet. I'm not sure what happened to the untopped Pre '98 here:

0041393.JPG

It looks kind of like a FIM, so I'm assuming I damaged the tip and didn't notice.
The topped Katsu cut Bubba:

0051324.JPG

And the untopped Katsu:

0061149.JPG

Here's the first clone I took from that topped Pre '98 that's flowering now:

0071090.JPG

If I keep seeing the patchiness in the leaves, I'm going to start feeding moderately (AN Iguana Bloom). They all seem to be that way a little. I think in the future I'll add 2 or 3 more cups of kelp meal in the second batch I mix for flowering them out.

Your plants look awesome. Do I see 11 bladed leaves? I wish mine grew like that, I can only get mine to 7 blades @ 12/12 from seed.

:cheer:

I defoliated each branch of the Pre '98 up to the useable light zone (anything growing lower than this doesn't do well). It opened up the light at center canopy so well I'm going to do it to the oldest Katsu cut. I see why LST or topping is recommended with Bubbas; the growth under the dark of the canopy is clustered and will promote rot and mold under my conditions (SOG). I can see where if I would have followed people's advice about topping, that lower section would have been an easy to flatten out nice cluster that would have flowered out a layer of even sized nugs. I wanted my nice looking plant though.
Post more pics soon.....

Back
Top Bottom