Bud Stankalot's Outdoor 2010

Nice! I think you'll be a bit astounded at what that light can do!

I've been watching two demo grows at my local shop. Both are ebb & flow 4'x8' flood table pepper gardens with H&G nutes.
One set up is under two 1ks with a Hydro Innovations store display cooling system. It's one serious garden.
The other is under two of the T5 lights you're getting and the only air control is a cheap pedestal fan from Casa De Depot.
The T5 pepper garden is just as productive and healthy as the massive HI pepper garden!
That comparison grow is what steered me back to try out the better versions of T5 to do my veg work for less $ but still get the performance.
So far it's one of the better choices I've made with my grow room. My first bill since the switch has decreased by $18.
No exaust blower is needed and the window unit ac in room does'nt have to work as hard and often. :slide:
That's my thinking as well. I'm trying to run things as efficiently as possible. I don't have good ventilation in either room so I'd like to get by in the veg chamber without it.

I wish I had a cool hydro shop to go to. The one I use is tiny and packed to the ceiling with bottles of fertilizer and not much else. Even the lights, you have to prepay and they order from a wholesale website. Nobody there knows a damn thing about growing, they're all about pushing products.

On the T-5, is there a switch for each bulb or would I just leave some sockets empty to run less tubes? I'm sure I'll figure it all out once I get the unit, but it never hurts to have a little pre-game info. Thanks, Bandito.

That's my thinking as well. I'm trying to run things as efficiently as possible. I don't have good ventilation in either room so I'd like to get by in the veg chamber without it.

I wish I had a cool hydro shop to go to. The one I use is tiny and packed to the ceiling with bottles of fertilizer and not much else. Even the lights, you have to prepay and they order from a wholesale website. Nobody there knows a damn thing about growing, they're all about pushing products.

On the T-5, is there a switch for each bulb or would I just leave some sockets empty to run less tubes? I'm sure I'll figure it all out once I get the unit, but it never hurts to have a little pre-game info. Thanks, Bandito.

Yeah on my light it has dual switches to run either the outer tubes or the inner tubes so I'm sure the 4' 8 tube should have the same switches.

Yeah i'm blessed to have a shop like this. We have a few other that are exaclty like what you describe but htis one is a cut above. Over seventy combined years of indoor growing experience is behind the counter. The owner goes to all the trade shows and is on point when it comes to the newest and most innovative gear. If i read about something and ask them they have not only heard of it but have it in stock and are offering free samples! They also deal used gear which is where I score 90% of all of my gear.

From all I hear them T-5's are the shit for younger veg plants. But you'll love that 1000 watter for finishing off. It might be wise to figure how many months your Bro had on the bulbs tho. I'm pretty sure like 80% have a 24,000 hour life span, 'so they say'. I woodn't go much more than 12,000. Unless I had a good meter. Theres no way to really tell without. I use to have one of those t-55 from htg. Was great for starting the trip anyways. Anyways it's a nice upgrade. Keepem Green

Yeah on my light it has dual switches to run either the outer tubes or the inner tubes so I'm sure the 4' 8 tube should have the same switches.

Yeah i'm blessed to have a shop like this. We have a few other that are exaclty like what you describe but htis one is a cut above. Over seventy combined years of indoor growing experience is behind the counter. The owner goes to all the trade shows and is on point when it comes to the newest and most innovative gear. If i read about something and ask them they have not only heard of it but have it in stock and are offering free samples! They also deal used gear which is where I score 90% of all of my gear.
Maybe I should start my own hydro shop. All the heads around here would love it. Thanks for all the good info, Brother. I appreciate it.

From all I hear them T-5's are the shit for younger veg plants. But you'll love that 1000 watter for finishing off. It might be wise to figure how many months your Bro had on the bulbs tho. I'm pretty sure like 80% have a 24,000 hour life span, 'so they say'. I woodn't go much more than 12,000. Unless I had a good meter. Theres no way to really tell without. I use to have one of those t-55 from htg. Was great for starting the trip anyways. Anyways it's a nice upgrade. Keepem Green
I'm going to get a fresh bulb as soon as I get the 1000. It seems like even 12,000 hours is a long time for a light like that. At 12 hours a day wouldn't that last several years? What do you fellas think about Hortilux bulbs? I'm fairly new to the indoor scene so any tips you can throw my way would be great. As always, thanks for dropping in, Wood. I like to see an old Missouri boy coming around my spot.

Well Lived in Misery afew years, now ofcourse PNW kind of. Between Or. and Fla. and all points between. Well it's what 4,500 hours per hour at 12. But that don't count the start ups and etc. I figure I will use a bulb 12 months anyhow. I myself just steped up to the blue inhanced bulbs. I know it's less lums, but that blue sure seems to make a plant happy. Keepem Green

Well Lived in Misery afew years, now ofcourse PNW kind of. Between Or. and Fla. and all points between. Well it's what 4,500 hours per hour at 12. But that don't count the start ups and etc. I figure I will use a bulb 12 months anyhow. I myself just steped up to the blue inhanced bulbs. I know it's less lums, but that blue sure seems to make a plant happy. Keepem Green

Missouri surely is Misery. It's got some of the toughest marijuana laws around. I'm glad I don't live there anymore either. I've been thinking about moving out to the west coast, but I don't know if I could leave the farm life. I've built her up pretty good. I've got 40 head of cattle and plenty of yard to work with. I love it out here, but I like the freedom of Oregon, Washington and California. Plus I've got some family out that way that I never get to see.

I'll keep doing my research. I'll look into the blue spectrum bulbs. Thanks, Brother. I'm doing my best to "Keepem Green."

Nothing too exciting going on around here. I'm noticing a little bit of frost.

100_15081.JPG

Hey look at those hairy heads. Won't be too long now Bud Stankalot, I'm having a really good experience with the Hempy buckets too, Day 1 of 12/12 to pick out a male for pollen...should be showing in about a week IMO.

Great to see you're having fun with this OD (out door) I'm sure you'll be very happy in the end. Take care Brother.

Hey look at those hairy heads. Won't be too long now Bud Stankalot, I'm having a really good experience with the Hempy buckets too, Day 1 of 12/12 to pick out a male for pollen...should be showing in about a week IMO.

Great to see you're having fun with this OD (out door) I'm sure you'll be very happy in the end. Take care Brother.

I'm glad you got your new grow up and running. Once you get all the details ironed out, we'd love to see a journal. Yeah, I'm having fun with the outdoor. I just hope nothing crazy happens. I've been hand picking a couple cabbage loopers off the girls. They haven't done much damage, but it's just another thing I've got to keep my eyes on. Be easy, Bro.

Nice grow Bud Stankalot, I just caught up with your journal and I definitely like what I see. Can't grow weed without distilled water? Wow, on that one, I guess he didn't realize that MJ has been grown without distilleries for a long time. There is no need to baby them, Cannabis is a tough plant. Thanks for the Rep Bud, and a new journal to keep an eye on. :thumb:

Thanks a lot, GD. Yes, Cannabis is a survivor. I've yet to kill one yet. Well....I take that back. I've chopped up some seedlings with a fan once. Oops.

That guy must have been a "grow book guru" without much real experience. I don't ever dick around with my water anymore. It's very consistent from the tap. I seem to be getting decent results.

I was shooting for larger plants this year, but my plan kind of fell through. There's not much I can do considering the frost rolls in so quick. I've seen six inches of snow in early October before. Ouch. I'm still having a lot of fun growing these babies. I'm anxious for harvest so I can burn up all my hard work. :)

Glad you stopped by, GD. We'll have a sticky mess of buds on our hands soon!! Take it easy, Brother.

Happy Growing!!

That guy must have been a "grow book guru" without much real experience. I don't ever dick around with my water anymore. It's very consistent from the tap. I seem to be getting decent results.
Happy Growing!!

LMAO! You're a beaut Brother!
Hey Bud I was thinking about taking a pic of me watering my plants with the garden hose just to make people freak! I've seen so many posts about using only distilled water and how evil tap water is I thought it would be a great pic.
I'm with you on the tap Bro! I know some cities are different and wells are a crap shoot but I must say that my tap water grows one helluva cannabis plant! ;)

The WW I put out first is starting to amber up! Next week she's as ready as she'll ever be. Looks like she has about 3-4oz on her. She's about 60" tall from stalk to cola tops
The Yumbolts look like they'll be ready in about 2-3 weeks. Their colas are as big as my arm and just as dense!

LMAO! You're a beaut Brother!
Hey Bud I was thinking about taking a pic of me watering my plants with the garden hose just to make people freak! I've seen so many posts about using only distilled water and how evil tap water is I thought it would be a great pic.
I'm with you on the tap Bro! I know some cities are different and wells are a crap shoot but I must say that my tap water grows one helluva cannabis plant! ;)

The WW I put out first is starting to amber up! Next week she's as ready as she'll ever be. Looks like she has about 3-4oz on her. She's about 60" tall from stalk to cola tops
The Yumbolts look like they'll be ready in about 2-3 weeks. Their colas are as big as my arm and just as dense!

Ha, that would be great. They'd probably want to say something about the hose water until they saw those thick nasty Yumbolts you were growing with it. :whoa: I'd be a proud papa if I were you. Last I saw of your plants, they were looking wild.

On a side note, I've been germing some new seeds to start my fall indoor. I've still got clones of my outdoor girls, but I'm looking for something different. Anyway, all the males are going to get the OB special. I haven't decided if it will be death by exploding propane tank, or me and a couple buddies loaded with buckshot. I'll make a vid of it. I think you'll enjoy it. Later, Bro.

Very proud indeed! :blunt:
Check this out. I threw this up yesterday. I think you'll get a kick out of it

Mother Nature's Pest Control

That thing is cool. I've seen them before down in FL. My grandparents have a bunch of tropical fruit trees, and they love to chill out around them. Beneficial predators are always welcome in the garden. Looks like he's just hanging out waiting for some more food to wander by.

Back
Top Bottom