Calling for All Design Types

Just a thought but try talking again with Paul from BM and give him your specs/requirements and get his best fit. It will cost you an email but nothing else :)
Hell I feel like a alien actually being able to run my upgraded light. I just want people to understand that my start was humble and if I sound chuffed and a bit over excited its just because I am lol. I came from nothing apart from owning loads of garden wire and having a degree of plant OCD.
Now I'm rocking a light you could liken to a Ferrari! :) this was only possible due to this community and site ! :)

Sorry to ramble on its just I can't help being a BM guy lol.

Hold on, I'll get my pipe & slippers so I fit in better with you old guys :)

You can fetch our pipes and slippers if you like, but you can't join us for nine years. Sorry!

(This is fun, but I think we're hijacking the man's thread, so I'll bow out now.)

Or maybe 6 XTE 400 hung lengthwise?? :hmmmm:

It would mean taking a leap as no body has got a grow under their belt with one of these yet. I didnt really wanna be the one... if ya know what I mean.

I wouldnt worry about these lights not working awesome , they have a 90 day hassle free returns. Panels use the latest technology diodes limited lifetime warranty and 3 years hassle free warranty. best spectrum and intensity controls out there. :)

I wouldnt worry about these lights not working awesome , they have a 90 day hassle free returns. Panels use the latest technology diodes limited lifetime warranty and 3 years hassle free warranty. best spectrum and intensity controls out there. :)

I had watched that the other day. Absolutely get a good vibe off the guy, no doubt. What he says is right in line with a solution, thats where we are now... tryin to figure out if it's "The Solution"

Just a thought but try talking again with Paul from BM and give him your specs/requirements and get his best fit. It will cost you an email but nothing else :)
Hell I feel like a alien actually being able to run my upgraded light. I just want people to understand that my start was humble and if I sound chuffed and a bit over excited its just because I am lol. I came from nothing apart from owning loads of garden wire and having a degree of plant OCD.
Now I'm rocking a light you could liken to a Ferrari! :) this was only possible due to this community and site ! :)

Sorry to ramble on its just I can't help being a BM guy lol.

No worries Mate. I am a fan as well just by lookin at the example you have shown! :goodjob:

The info Paul has already given me, had me take one last look around before making a call. G.O.D lights are just too much for this adventure at this time. I would love to but I just cant swing 3 of them. With the similar performance between the XG panels and the OD panels (other then G.O.D.) it has me look at the alternatives to the XG.

The closet thing out there is the XTE lines, while not identical, its "on paper" a worthy rival for the title. At least it has some common components. I will make sure i send him another email, but it seems that 3 1200XG's are the BM Solution that best fits my situation.

The Advanced Solution, 8 XTE-300's. as mentioned by Ronnie might give a better "wider, more even core coverage" but that comes at an expense....

About as close as I can figure, thats about $1000 more for the Advance 8 XTE-300's then the 3 BM II's I base that number on what I have told taking into account the various incentives available.

...are LED lights the only consideration...???...

No, Not exclusively.

But there are some considerations that come into play.

If the final product is equal or better then MH + HPS then I am open minded

But I believe, through reports, that LED's have an increased resin production and shorter distance between nodes.

Add in reduced heat production, lower energy costs... the deck stats to get stacked in LED's favor.

But I am open minded.... what ya got?

No worries Mate. I am a fan as well just by lookin at the example you have shown! :goodjob:

The info Paul has already given me, had me take one last look around before making a call. G.O.D lights are just too much for this adventure at this time. I would love to but I just cant swing 3 of them. With the similar performance between the XG panels and the OD panels (other then G.O.D.) it has me look at the alternatives to the XG.

The closet thing out there is the XTE lines, while not identical, its "on paper" a worthy rival for the title. At least it has some common components. I will make sure i send him another email, but it seems that 3 1200XG's are the BM Solution that best fits my situation.

The Advanced Solution, 8 XTE-300's. as mentioned by Ronnie might give a better "wider, more even core coverage" but that comes at an expense....

About as close as I can figure, thats about $1000 more for the Advance 8 XTE-300's then the 3 BM II's I base that number on what I have told taking into account the various incentives available.

I'm sure you could get a good discount by ordering 8 at once. :)

....well, I may have made a mistake but I bailed on LEDS behind a hardware failure...

...I decided to try induction lights...was looking at plasma lights....

....well, I may have made a mistake but I bailed on LEDS behind a hardware failure...

...I decided to try induction lights...was looking at plasma lights....

Those lights are some I have basically no knowledge regarding.

I wanted to follow up here with those who kindly aided in this process

Its has come down to 2 solution recommendations.

5x5 Gorilla - Veg only

Advanced 4 DS 200 EX VEG ($1760) - vs - Platinum 2 P600 ($1186)

5x9 Gorilla - Flower only

Advanced 4 DS XTE 400's ($4640) - vs - Platinum 4 P900 ($3236)
alt solution 2 XML 350's ($1900)
Note: 4x8 coverage only

Lighting Solution for 1 - 5x5 Gorilla + 1 5x9 Gorilla

Advanced: $6400 - vs - Platinum: $4422
alt solution
Advanced: $3660

My biggest problem is I know ZERO people using LED, if it was not for this forum, I probably would not even consider these lights and just stick with what I know.

Its a fair amount of money to roll the dice with. Info (results, journals, etc.) is hard to come by for Advanced LED - while I can almost throw a dart blindly and hit a Platinum grow journal.

Once I got to this point, click the mouse and watching my money disappear, I would have a better feeling about it, but..... :hmmmm:

I am asking the forum and the fates to give a hand or show a sign respectively. :helpsmilie:

Hey High Country ,

looks like you got some good plans to choose from.

I haven't used the Platinum led panels but from what I can tell Their pretty close to the Advanced DS panels which I've used.

I own a few DS panels and there good lights , but with 3w diodes penetration isn't ideal.
I also own a DS350XML panel and I have to say this light rocks , the 10w Cree XML diodes gives this panel great penetration and a true 3'x3' coverage.

I'm currently running the XTE panels and they seemed to more efficient than the other panels I've used.

Another option is a light mover. check out the light rail 5

This is my next purchase.

If it was my money I would go with the XTE panels for flowering

as for the veg tent panels I think any of your choices will work great

good luck with your adventure :)

In case anybody is still monitoring this....

The verdict is in.

I wanted to follow up here with those who kindly aided in this process

Its has come down to 1 solution.

5x5 Gorilla - Veg only

Advanced 4 DS 200 EX VEG - And I might add, It was the best decision of my life!

as for flower..... well. Stay Tuned as they say

Back
Top Bottom