Chief's 2nd Try: Kindsoil Round 2

Still a lot of white pistils on that sour cyclone, are you looking to harvest it early on purpose? Just curious, as my eyes tell me that might have 2 weeks or more left before I would chop it.

Ya I think it will go longer next Saturday is barely 56 days of 12/12. I would just like to take her early if she will be done by then but I doubt it also. The fans are dying really fast tho so idk how much longer it’s going to last. All of my plants lately have been going at least 10 weeks I’d like to cut that down if I can.

When growing organically do the plants take longer to finish by chance. All my plants seem to take forever to finish

Yes I do find that growing organically my harvest times are often on the high side. You can start using ground malted barley as a top dressing every few weeks to bring the flowering times down a week or so, sometimes more. It has to be freshly ground though. You can't grind a bunch and store it and use it. Grind a small amount...enough to give you a teaspoon or two per plant. Go heavier if you are in bigger pots obviously.

Yes I do find that growing organically my harvest times are often on the high side. You can start using ground malted barley as a top dressing every few weeks to bring the flowering times down a week or so, sometimes more. It has to be freshly ground though. You can't grind a bunch and store it and use it. Grind a small amount...enough to give you a teaspoon or two per plant. Go heavier if you are in bigger pots obviously.

Thanks I need that.

Yeah that looks like they have some more work to do. Water to run-off every day..that will get things done. Be sure you have lots of wind and fans.

I don't keep a mom. I just take a couple cuttings off a plant before flowering her out. When the cutting gets big enough in about 6-8 weeks, I start flowering her out and take another couple cuttings. I always double up on cuttings just in case.

If I need 1 cut, I take two clones. If I need 2 cuts, I take 4 clones.

This ^^^

I keep a few mom's and do what stank does. I have a nice size VEG room thats not my flower room or my clone table so anything that makes it off the clone table gets into VEG I always have 3 or 4 mother plants in #3 square pots.

They get pretty big over time. Right now at the lights about 5' up.

The worthy will last a long time like that in 18/6 lighting. I don't give them anything. If they start to look like shit. I will take a few cuts and compost the rest. Start over again.

Some genetics just cant do the mother thing. Some just cant wait to flower.

It becomes apparent over time, only the worthy survive.

So I honor the hard work the ladies put in and will usually flower one of the mothers.
They get pretty big right away so its a challenge to fit in the flower room and why I will do 1 not all.

I'm in organic soil so they can live a year or 2 in a #3 water only with IPM + tea foliar on FTW.

Yeah that looks like they have some more work to do. Water to run-off every day..that will get things done. Be sure you have lots of wind and fans.

This ^^^

I keep a few mom's and do what stank does. I have a nice size VEG room thats not my flower room or my clone table so anything that makes it off the clone table gets into VEG I always have 3 or 4 mother plants in #3 square pots.

They get pretty big over time. Right now at the lights about 5' up.

The worthy will last a long time like that in 18/6 lighting. I don't give them anything. If they start to look like shit. I will take a few cuts and compost the rest. Start over again.

Some genetics just cant do the mother thing. Some just cant wait to flower.

It becomes apparent over time, only the worthy survive.

So I honor the hard work the ladies put in and will usually flower one of the mothers.
They get pretty big right away so its a challenge to fit in the flower room and why I will do 1 not all.

I'm in organic soil so they can live a year or 2 in a #3 water only with IPM + tea foliar on FTW.

Nice I can’t wait until I can have 5ft trees my tent is only 6ft lol. That does remind me I need to make some tea.

What tent is that your using bud as I'm wanting a quality 2x4 :).

Nothing special just a Vivosun. It’s lasted about 2 years now I think I would get something taller next time. Other than that no complaints.

Flower Update:

Everything is starting to flop over which is a great sign of weight. The Sour Cyclone barely has any fan leaves left so I’m going to chop it down this weekend for sure. The pistols on some of the tops are still white but lower in the canopy everything is orange so its about time. The Forbidden Fruit is looking great the nugs are fattening up nice and they are so dense. The smells in the tent are great I can’t wait until the cure is finished.

That Forbidden Fruits looks a good strain that I may try myself :).

I would definitely suggest it if you’ve never tried it the terps are crazy. I was able to get this as a clone I’m not sure if it comes in seed form but I’m sure someone has backcrossed it to make seeds.

Veg Update:

It’s been a while since I’ve shown the veg tent nothing exciting going on there. The Sour Cyclone got too big and it was showing major signs of being too big for the 1 gallon pot it was in. So yesterday I put the Sour Cyclone and the Forbidden Fruit in 3 gallon pots. I’m going to give the it a few more days to bounce back before it goes into the flower tent. I also have 2 Kickflip girls getting ready for the flower tent. It’s a purple punch cross by Square One Genetics.

I had to put some more pics of the Forbidden Fruit because I love it that much.

Veg tent looks great and only a bunch of cannabis growers can brag about floppage. I wish we had smell-o-vision here! :rolleyes:

Lol thanks Shed. I wish I could share how it smells also it really is something special.

Garden Update:

So I always forgot to post harvest pics. The Sour Cyclone was taken down last weekend at 63 days it has been hanging for about 7 days now. Temps in the drying Box have been 75 degrees and humidity is at 47% so I hope the temps aren’t too high and the humidity too low. We will see how it is soon the buds are pretty dry. I will be in trim jail for a few hours this weekend :/
Can you guys spot the elephant in the box lol I couldn’t help myself.

The Sour Cyclone clone was beyond ready to go into the flower room. It has recovered from the topping and from the up pot so I thought it was time before it really gets too big.

The Forbidden Fruit is still trucking along. Today marks 56 days and I check the trichs last night and we have mostly cloudy trichs with a few amber on some of the leaves but not the buds. I’m guess one more week and we should be done. The plant is starting to completely fade so I think it’s right on pace for 9 weeks.

I wish that was a DDA I still haven’t tried that! It’s a tester from the forbidden fruit.

And yes that is the exact reason I hang the plant almost whole and don’t even cut the fans off. Otherwise I would only get a couple days before it would be too dry. I think I may have to turn the humidifier on when the forbidden fruit gets chopped I hope to keep as many terps as possible.

Back
Top Bottom