Colorfuldayze Aug-Dec 2014 Auto Grow

Subscribed. How tall are your plants now? I would transplant your plants into 3-5 gallon size pots.

:Namaste: KingJohnC, and welcome. Thank you for being here. I just measured the garden and the average crown height is 4 ft 6 in. I have one runt in this run (in the center of the garden in all the photos) which always looked like a Bonsai that is 2ft 8". I did this run in the small containers and intentionally stuck with it to observe this hybrid strain's potentials and responses. Results appear to be not positive in my opinion because as you said, the larger pots I've previously grown in have always yielded more robust and dense crops. I am in a time crunch such that I must harvest before months end. I over fertilized and let the pH get away from me (average 5.5 in all pots) and this problem climaxed about 4-5 weeks ago. I've been flushing straight tap water for two weeks now. I have learned so much here cannot wait to implement it in February. Cheers sir, your input is always appreciated.

Howdy Colorfuldayze,
You've attracted quite a crew! Can't imagine a problem that 1 of these folx can't fix. I always find u 2 b a cheerful influence and look forward 2 an awesome read. Good luck!

Hi Ranger, welcome and thank you for your very kind words. I am grateful that you came to see my journal. I will have more pictures and updates to share later today. It's been a long exhausting week and finally a day off for a much needed long weekend. I hope your Friday is a good one Ranger. Cheers!

:Namaste: :thanks:

The Friday Evening UPDATEwith Colorfuldayze :welcome: :hookah:

Sincere and warm greetings to all of you and I hope each ofyou are well.
I had a very productive and relaxing day off from work today. I was able to get many overdue chores caughtup as well as catch up on many of your wonderful journals. Today marks the 117th day sinceputting water to seeds. The garden isgetting its beauty rest right now and soon after I submit this update, I willbe powering everything up and starting to harvest the top buds and upperportions of the plants that are ready. I would note that this was one of the drawbacks I didn't plan adequately for this grow, being that I can't let the lights go on and off without closing/opening the window which since I have to do manually, I have to also do everything manually (fans, lights, etc.) so that it coincides correctly and the conditions don't go out of whack. This will be one of the biggest improvements to my forever grow room I will be building in February inside my workshop; I am going to put all of the vast knowledge I've learned from all of you here (and thank you again a million times over btw) to work and construct a robust self-contained and fully automated room where I can have several tables going at once with plenty of room for herbs, my amaryllises, and spring garden starter flats. :dreamy:

I’m excited as this is the first time I’ve gotten to do thissince 2009. I’m stretching and warmingup my scissor fingers and stem grip moves. I also got the chainsaw all serviced up and sharpened for timbering therainforest when it’s all finished. Maybe even tonight but by latest tomorrow night, I should have myself some nice hash to enjoy!

The photos I’ve posted today are a mix of several weeks agoand most recently from December 17th. I apologize for some of the back and forthingresulting from my delay in getting the journal up and I hope it makessense.

I also have a special announcement to make. My time crunch has just been uncrunchedsignificantly due to a very special friend of ours who is a MM patient that will behousesitting for my wife and I and taking care of our two four-pawed children whilewe are traveling in January. She willalso be my honorary curer and will be able to give the bud all the cure time itneeds to become as goodest as it can be. I cannot say how not only amazingly blessed my wife and I are to haveher in our lives, but also that she will be able to provide herself all of the freshlyharvested and cured medicine she needs during her 5 weeks while watching over ourhome and two girl teddy bears.

I hope you enjoy the update photos I selected to share today. I wish all of you and yourgardens all things good.
Back in the last week of November, I was a busy bee harvesting seeds from each phenotype. This is the first time since I've been growing and crossing this strain that I kept the seeds from each pheno separate. There are probably at least another half a dozen or more seeds in each plant that I either overlooked or just couldn't reach w/o damaging the plant and I'll collect those and file them as they present themselves. Every seed of questionable origin goes in to the 'floor seed miscellaneous'. One of my joys of harvesting seed is collecting all of the calyxes coating each seed and having an early hashy smoke. After harvesting I let the seeds dry until the calyx falls away with a shake of the small open container I store them in. I then clean and separate the seed and then let the seeds aerate for about two weeks upon which I package and label and store in a dry, light tight wooden box at cool temps (not exceeding 70 degF).
colorfuldayze9_dec17_2014.JPG
colorfuldayze1_dec17_2014.JPG

colorfuldayze2_dec17_2014.JPG
Here is a special volunteer plant that wanted to watch the big girls show. This seed fell into the pot below and got watered. I usually check the pots to look for drop seed and this one was determined to germinate. So I planted it in one of my amaryllis pots. This is great data because the good news is that so far we have a 100% germination rate in this year's seed crop! Awesome Sauce! :) The lil bugger is about 10 days old. I'm going to replant and condition it tonight and let's hope it's a she. Our friend who is house and puppy sitting can keep her growing :)
colorfuldayze3_dec17_2014.JPG

And finally some picture of the garden from December 17. You should be able to see some hermies in several of the plants. These came on late - about 3-4 weeks ago as a result of all the stresses I put these poor girls through, including light pollution and blinking LEDs on gadgets - which I will make sure doesn't ever happen again. I initially cut out the early ones the first few weeks and just left the others after that since they wouldn't have time to develop seed or adversely impact the crop. Many of the buds also ran a lot and made whisps - but it still smokes well and tastes deliciously. This flavors of this hybrid are very spicey with a strong thyme/sage/black pepper tastes on the inhale and a more sagey, slightly orangey peppermint aromas and flavors on the exhale.
colorfuldayze8_2014.JPG

colorfuldayze6_dec17_2014.JPG

colorfuldayze7_dec17_2014.JPG

colorfuldayze4_dec17_2014.JPG

colorfuldazye5_dec17_2014.JPG

Again, thank you for your interest in my grow and thank you for all that each of you share from your own grows and experiences. With that I wish everyone a wonderful evening. It's time for some pawing around with my teddy bear girls and wishing my wonderful wife a welcome home from a long week's work, and then in to my overalls and up onto my harvester to get this show on the road!
:Namaste:

Hi colorfuldayze! Just saying subbed since its getting late, but I'll be getting caught up soon and I'm sure I'll have lots more to say. Right off the bat- your own strain, props! Always cool to see at-home/small time breeders lol. I really want to try some breeding of my own in the future, probably once I get a good stash going and have some time to mess around lol. thanks for sharing and inviting me! :love: :volcano-smiley:

Thanx for the invite colorfuldaze
I will be stopping for the duration what a great read I still have a lil to read but looking sweeet:Namaste:

:blunt:Cheers jaga, most sincere welcome sir - peace to you. If I observed correctly, you have a garden of interest yes? Last I looked your garden was yes kind of interesting! :) But that's just me sayin'! Thank you for coming J.

:hookah:

Hey C, came for a look. Seems like you have it under control... with the exception of the rose poison :cheesygrinsmiley:

I am perhaps the worst journal follower, as I have told others, I will try but do not expect me to be dependable :straightface:

Good luck with this next round, it looks like a great start.

PS are you gonna move that male and just use the pollen or just leave him in there?

Hey C, came for a look. Seems like you have it under control... with the exception of the rose poison :cheesygrinsmiley:

I am perhaps the worst journal follower, as I have told others, I will try but do not expect me to be dependable :straightface:

Good luck with this next round, it looks like a great start.

PS are you gonna move that male and just use the pollen or just leave him in there?

I'm glad you are here Buckshot and thank you for coming! No more rose poison! I'm flushing straight tap water since 2+wks and will through end of harvest; I'm researching and learning here now to build a new fertility program for my grows from the roots up.
The male plant in your reference supplied the majority of the pollination for this crop. After two straight weeks of pollen fever and he had saturated the garden with chromosomes, I culled and smoked him :) He also approved :)
Best to you and thank you for your inspirations Buckshot.

I'm glad you are here Buckshot and thank you for coming! No more rose poison! I'm flushing straight tap water since 2+wks and will through end of harvest; I'm researching and learning here now to build a new fertility program for my grows from the roots up.
The male plant in your reference supplied the majority of the pollination for this crop. After two straight weeks of pollen fever and he had saturated the garden with chromosomes, I culled and smoked him :) He also approved :)
Best to you and thank you for your inspirations Buckshot.

ahh I thought that was the second round

edit-- see I am already behind

Hey, c - looking excellent. I see a lot of nice smoke in there. So, how does a guy get a job as housesitter with those benefits? Like Freddy said,"Dope will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no dope." Congrats on the harvest. Enjoy!

Hey, c - looking excellent. I see a lot of nice smoke in there. So, how does a guy get a job as housesitter with those benefits? Like Freddy said,"Dope will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no dope." Congrats on the harvest. Enjoy!
Hey old friend and thank you for your kind thoughts. We are so fortunate this worked out that she was available and wanted to hang out in Alaska and smoke all the homegrown sensi she needed/wanted in 40 days :) Ditto what you and Freddy said. That is one of my favorite vintage quotes. Thanks too old - hope you have a wonderful day.

:Namaste: :thanks:

Heya Cronichchemphog and a sincere welcome to you. Thank you for being here and also for your interest in my journal. Bubblers are being passed around, and I think biting and slaping was being allowed in the front row so keep that in mind if you sit there :) All the best to you and Cheers

Back
Top Bottom