COorganics - No-Till Organic - 2nd No Till Run - Indoors - GSC Forum Cut

from what i was told you can make root cuttings for aloe to get more plants
stick it in a cup of water
i gotta ask the wife to bring another piece home cause i didn't know that when i got the first one so i buried it :rofl:
then i was told i was suppose to chop up the roots to make babies like into workable length that can root
in a bucket of water i guess take too many cups since the root isn't very thin

Keep us posted on how that works. I think pulling the pups up from the base of a mature plant is the easiest way. (Like in that YouTube video I linked). I've read about cutting off an aloe leaf and letting the cut end get callous, then planting the cut end directly into soil.

Lol, here's the pics.
image22371.jpg
image22372.jpg
image22373.jpg
image22374.jpg
image22375.jpg

Hows your GPK trichome development so far bro? They are all looking so healthy and lush :thumb:

This morning I noticed a seemingly overnight boost in trich production on the forum cut. Petioles and large fans are getting frosty. Day 31 and rocking!

image22387.jpg

Virtually every aloe in the us is a seed sterile clone. It can't be that hard to clone.

A company with first name Horizon and second name Herb from the PNW is selling aloe seeds.

I have a nice aloe plant, but I'm growing out seeds this year, just for the diversity.

Very good drop on that company, thank you! I'm done looking for my herbs....

Hey there CO - finally caught up reddin and your girls look GREAT - happy green days to you my friend!! Glad you got your lighting issues wired up right and there's results right there in your grow room, reps on this grow. WOW the flowers are huge for a month of flowering. I'm in week 3 and pretty much drooling on your pics. Very nice.

What size are those no-till containers you are using?? I'm starting to really believe the larger the container the greater the harvest. I keep messing with 5 gal pots but right now I've got one girl in a 10gal pot and she's much larger than her sisters but farther behind,about a week with flowers... I've got sooo much to learn.

Here on the right coast the out door season will be ramping up soon. We've got our piles of compost going already using up the finished piles from last year and about to make some new, and seedlings going all over the house! Our raised beds are all ready for the next go. I'm sure you're looking forward to a nice warm sunny day to do some out door gardening ... wont be long now. Thank freaking God for spring. Yesterday we were walking the dog in the woods by the river and we walked up on an adult bald eagle just hanging out watching us watching him we got very close and he was hanging his wings out like he was cooling himself off or just taking in the sun. The wood ducks are racing around, the Canadian Geese are pairing up starting to see some green coming out of the ground - snow drops have been around for a good 3 weeks now... its time everybody for some SPRING! YAY

Wow! I reread that article and suddenly thought about putting a 4x4 Geo Planter inside a 4x4 tent and my mind went a little crazy there! :laughtwo:

That's a hell of an idea, w/ the SWICK. Why not?

It might be difficult to get to the plants in the back. But if I had two beds with a small path between.... The planters could be handmade if I couldn't find ones that would fit. Think of it, two large beds down each side on SWICKS. Using tiers I could get quite a few in.

This tier growing under 11/13 intrigues me. It's such a departure from the big plants we typically strive for. Ziggy opened up a whole new concept for me with this approach, and I sense this will be a natural fit. I want to see it working with LOS. As excited as I am to get the opportunity to play with HB, you and I both know the beauty and simplicity of LOS and we know this is where my focus will remain. It's too effective and too easy to grow with LOS. I have a burning passion to spread the word. But then I look at Greytail's plants and think how much I want to try HB. It will be interesting, no doubt about it. I keep thinking about how LOS grows lack any deficiency concerns. I haven't seen that with any other approach. I believe it's because we're so attuned to keeping the SFW clicking along like clockwork.

Let's keep this passion burning for many years CO. I probably have another 20 years left in me. :laughtwo:

That would be so cool Sue! :high-five:

Little visions of the garden potential running through my head drcannabi. This can be maddening sometimes, eh? :laughtwo:

I don't know. I'd prefer one big plant over 10 little ones. But I love watching beast size cannabis plants grow and I like big buds.
I'm REALLY into the little bonsai mothers idea sweetleaf brought to our attention. That seems like a perfect fit for me. Hey sue, question: Using the SWICK, how much access would you really need to the plants in back? Not trying to sell you on the idea, rather further my understanding of SWICK. I guess you are still top watering teas and such at times, right? Or can it all just go in through the bottom?

I'm still confused about this.

I'm also confused if I were to put a bunch of lava rock in the bottom of my containers, and I bottom watered, would I be using a SWICK?

Back
Top Bottom