COorganics - No-Till Organic - 2nd No Till Run - Indoors - GSC Forum Cut

All containers got a thick layer of screened worm castings, and loads of cocoons, and a few worms I missed on the top of them. Plants have been through some shit in the last week, but soon should be doing excellent. There is one container with: 1) grizzly purple kush (fem) and 2) RD lee roy (reg). Everything else is GSC forum cut. 4, 10 gal containers, run number 2, 600w MH for
Veg, 2X600w HPS for flower. Ushio HPS bulbs, 2nd run/flower.

I have yet to get the electrician guy here and am lacking power to safely run my heater in addition to my light and fans as it is now. Running lamp 24/7 for now in veg, although I definitely do not like to not let my plants rest.

I am very happy with this room, it's gonna be great to grow in, year round, for a long time.

Looking mighty damned professional there CO. I love those equisetum stalks in the mulch. What will you be covering the walls with? This is going to be an impressive grow. The plants look healthy and no less for wear. They'll adapt quickly under your expert care. I envy you the freedom to raise chickens too. I have never -never- had an egg laid by a free-range chicken. That's a sad thing.

Ice fishing and communing with nature. Life is sweet indeed.

I am thinking of painting some kind of high gloss paint on the interior walls. Open to suggestions.

Big chicken farms are so gross! Have you ever driven by one? Smells so terrible.

Go with flat Ultra White. It's a much better reflective surface. The glossy ones only look more reflective. Ultra white flat gives panda film a run for it's money. Choose a good quality one and it will clean up easier. Do yourself a favor and apply two coats for longevity. This is on top of good primer, of course. Too bad we don't live closer. Painting is one of my favorite past times. LOL!

I'm of the opinion that big chicken farms should be banned.

Absolutely. That one is one of the best available. Indulge the girls.

Running lamp 24/7 for now in veg, although I definitely do not like to not let my plants rest.

Evening CO, did you mean that you do like to let your plants rest? Or, do you normally run your vegetation 24/7?

Thanks bud! :thanks:

Your room is going to be amazing.:cheer:

Something that I have seen a few people recommend when painting a grow room is to use exterior paint because the drywall may absorb the excess moisture in the air...ie higher risk of mold. Exterior paints guard against moisture absorption better than interior paint. I don't know how probable that is...and being in CO I doubt you will encounter tropical conditions in your grow room. :)

Good suggestion CC. My only concern would be exterior paint typically is dangerous for indoor use. A lot less regulations on outdoor labeled paint. Maybe a mute point now a days. But when I used to paint houses, the exterior paint was a lot more toxic than interior. No disrespect intended my friend, and I could just be out of touch with modern paint :)

:Namaste::thumb:

I prefer an 18/6 veg schedule, it makes sense.

Me two CO, I always try to go 18/6 in veg. The plants respond wonderfully to the dark period. Thanks for the clarification :) :thanks:

I just realized, while reading this conversation, that my autos began to droop in the evening right at the time they began to flower. I need to remember that this is the point to begin slowly backing off the lights. At 16/8 they stopped drooping. Hmmmmm.

A couple years ago I did a combined sunken greenhouse/chicken coop project in southern-IL. Greenhouse was 18' long x 12' wide w/3tiers descending a gentle slope. The coop abutted on the N-side/high side. 2" holes (6 if I remember correctly) were cut along the top and bottom for airflow. A medium-sized fan was installed near the top holes to force cool, oxygenated air into the coop and push warmer, CO2-laden air back down into the coop in a loop. On really cold nights, they'd just chase the chickens into the greenhouse itself and let them roost as they will. I was concerned at the time, that since CO2 and cool air both heavier than "normal" air that we wouldn't get the circulation we'd hoped for. They report that that system works like gang-busters: happy birds, happy seedlings.
Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom