COorganics - No-Till Organic - 2nd No Till Run - Indoors - GSC Forum Cut

Hey, Dr,
I'll attempt to answer your question, it's a good one.

i think the consensus is, it best to top dress on the top of your soil, not on top of the mulch. With a dead mulch layer on top, you can just slide it around and top dress the soil. What I am thinking of doing with the living mulch, is chopping and dropping it when ever I need to top dress, which is probably only once per cycle. I spread the living mulch seeds generously, and some sprout, some wait to sprout later.

Full transparency: my pots were let to sit in the cold when I moved, I'm reconstructing my SFW. 2nd run no till still I guess. That's certainly what I'll be doing from here on out, in my new permanent growspace. Anyway this is why you don't see any living mulch in my containers now, because I let it die off. Fall/winter I guess, lol, can't be too bad, although why do that if you can help it. Anyway, yesterday, or maybe day before I sowed a lot of clover seeds in the pots, and gave them their first compost tea. The living mulch will make an appearance again in a big way in a few days.

I've been surprised at how my living mulch has thrived because of the way I position my lights all around. I'd expected that it would die back some as the plants got bigger and blocked the light. Silly me. :laughtwo:

I was just thinking about how I use top dresses as spikes to periodically throughout the grow. Why not add some freshly chopped clover into it :) lol. Supercharged Spike. Sorry bud, I'm super tired! :Namaste:

Mornin CO, I've never done TLO. I think the only difference is layering your soil with spikes VS using top dress as spikes. Maybe I'm using the word spike incorrectly. I'll stop using the term spike and start using top dress. A lot less confusing :)

Sorry for the confusion bud :Namaste:

Sorry for lack of updates. I'm outta commission with a neck injury and it is not fun. I hate going to the Doc but tomorrow I'll be visiting a chiropractor and hopefully getting on the road back to normal.

Garden is still in veg mode. I'm doing some training to try and get a fairly even canopy, with some size to the plants before I switch to flower.

Room has been painted, but haven't got the scratch yet for electrician. I'll need to do that before I move things to flower. I want to flower under 2X600w HPS, and run 2-3 fans+ heater during flower mode when it's winter here.

Cool thing is, I figured out a way to run 18/6 for veg, and as of yesterday, my plants are getting to rest daily. That's really good for them I think.

I'll be posting more again soon.

Feel better soon Co!

thanks, the chiropractor really helped me out. those guys are ninjas in there own right. right after the chiropractor yesterday my wife and I were getting ready to paint the kitchen. she had picked out the color, bought the paint and taped off everything that needed taping. we were just about to get started when I tripped over a water line that runs water into our freezer ice maker (which never worked anyway). it snapped the pvc water line down in the floor and immediately we had a gushing geyser of water in our kitchen. it took me about 7 minutes to find the main water shut off in the crawlspace. we got an estimate to fix the damage and their bid was $10,000. they were gonna gut the entire kitchen, a closet, and a bathroom, cabinets and all. what a scam! they are apparently used to billing insurance and inflating things. our insurance guy said we should try NOT to file a claim. I am very lucky to have some good friends who know about these kind of things and long story short, we are doing everything ourselves for very little money. the guys who gave us the estimate first tried to get me to sign an emergency work order so that they could get started right away. im glad I knew better than that.

what a mess! the joys of homeownership I suppose. I do have to say my wife is an amazing woman! she worked by my side in the cramped and muddy crawlspace all day yesterday, fixing the pipe, removing insulation and vapor barrier, and lots of other fun things upstairs, too. when this is all said and done we will be out 2 days work and around $150, that's it.

good times on the farm.

February has been a watery month for home owners.. ugh.
I have friends with leaky walls due to ice dams, and well pump failures.
My list is home heater/boiler, indirect water heater and a cracked toilet tank.... sigh.

This won't always happen !

p.s. Don't be afraid to replace a toilet.
If you are strong enough to carry the toilet, the job is fairly easy.
Easier than the one you are doing.

Glad to hear of your chiropractic success.
Be well my friend :volcano-smiley:

:bravo: Mr. and (especially) Mrs. Organics

And thanks for the toilet advice, Bird Friend. With about 5 feet of snow piled around the house and frozen pipes, I may need it.

thanks, the chiropractor really helped me out. those guys are ninjas in there own right. right after the chiropractor yesterday my wife and I were getting ready to paint the kitchen. she had picked out the color, bought the paint and taped off everything that needed taping. we were just about to get started when I tripped over a water line that runs water into our freezer ice maker (which never worked anyway). it snapped the pvc water line down in the floor and immediately we had a gushing geyser of water in our kitchen. it took me about 7 minutes to find the main water shut off in the crawlspace. we got an estimate to fix the damage and their bid was $10,000. they were gonna gut the entire kitchen, a closet, and a bathroom, cabinets and all. what a scam! they are apparently used to billing insurance and inflating things. our insurance guy said we should try NOT to file a claim. I am very lucky to have some good friends who know about these kind of things and long story short, we are doing everything ourselves for very little money. the guys who gave us the estimate first tried to get me to sign an emergency work order so that they could get started right away. im glad I knew better than that.

what a mess! the joys of homeownership I suppose. I do have to say my wife is an amazing woman! she worked by my side in the cramped and muddy crawlspace all day yesterday, fixing the pipe, removing insulation and vapor barrier, and lots of other fun things upstairs, too. when this is all said and done we will be out 2 days work and around $150, that's it.

good times on the farm.

You dang clutz

February hasn't been very loving to us all, has it? :laughtwo:

CO I'm glad you're feeling better and impressed that your wife is so resourceful. A good woman is a necessity, no? :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom