Crawdaddy's Fall 2013 LED Test Grow

Ok time for promised 5 day update.

I apologize for poor quality pics. I have $60 camera and I was in a hurry. Been busy day, family in town, including mother who saw my house for first time and saw my plants but thankfully she did not freak and was actually kinda curious. Also got a puppy today, plus had to spray down my outdoor plants with SM-90 to take out the last of spider mites, hopefully!

So I took the ladies out of tent and outside on back porch tonight because it was flush night. I flushed with 2 tsp of FF Sledgehammer per gallon and after they finished draining gave them a little bit of a FF Big Bloom. another reason why pics sucked light was going away.

The Blueberry is looking pretty meager, I am probably going to toss out her clone soon unless she goes crazy, doubtful. At least I have 4 more beans to try sometime. The Brainstorm is starting to get some frost on the bud leaves, it has been a pleasant surprise. I am loving the Hawaiian Snow so far, it is showing its full on Sativa genetics, but I hope it finishes stretching soon, may run out of room or may have to super crop her. Her clones are probably going to be my next grow I got planning if her buds turn out well. She will need some major planning for future but now that I know how she behaves should be better, I am thinking SCROG but train 2 weeks into flower.

Any how enough talk, here are the bad pics and data....

Blueberry:
BlueBerry52.jpg
Blueberry_Close.jpg

BrianStorm:
BrainStorm6.jpg
BrainStorm_Close.jpg

Hawaiian Snow:
Hawaiian_Snow3.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_close.jpg

Data:
height16.jpg
width7.jpg

Looking good to me. Even if the Blueberry doesn't produce, I bet it is a great smoke :Namaste:

+reps for all the hard work. And I know its hard. I have a fraction of what you got going on and I get worn out taking care of them.

Well since my pictures from last night were so bad, I took some more for you all tonight when not in hurry, still same cheap camera but took my time :)

Only took some of BrainStorm and Hawaiian Snow:

Brainstorm:
BrainStorm7.jpg

BrainStorm Close up (can start to see some frost:)):
Brainstorm_Close1.jpg

BrainStorm ultra close up, first try using this camera and jewelers loop, not to bad:
BrainStrom_Initial_Frost.jpg

And a close up of a Hawaiian Snow top, funny it looks like 2 weeks behind the BrainStorm, but flipped at same time, must be the Sativa :)
Hawaiian_snow_close_up.jpg

Checked on the ladies tonight looking great. The Hawaiian Snow is just a stretchy little beast. Had to re engineer my light hanging system again, hopefully she slow down soon. I have maybe 4-6 more inches until i have to mount it directly on roof of tent. Don't want to super crop her, but may be inevitable. I love the Sativa high but they are sure stretchy buggers.

The blueberry really seemed to put on some weight in last 24 hours, still not up to par, may give away clone of it.

How high off the plants are you Daddy??

Well since I have that 100% Sativa Hawaiian Snow it is varied, it's two highest tops are maybe 6-10" from the light, while the tops of other two plants are probably 15-20". If I was not doing this as a test for how the strains I have grow, I probably would have super cropped her. I will measure exactly when lights come back on tonight, at work right now.

I may get some cinder blocks to put other ones on to bring them up a bit.

For my next indoor grow going for actual yield, not testing, my current plan is to take two HS clones, transplanted into 15 gallon smart pots under a CFL 400W Solarstorm planning to buy using their GFP program, in a 3X3 tent with some serious SCROGing. Probably training using the screen all the way to 2-3 weeks into flower. Seeing how much stretch she has left in here before making my purchase. And then using this DS100 for clones/mothers.

Eventually I want to have 2-4 flowering tent set ups with same light/tent/other systems (going modular), each growing one specific strain, with long veg times to keep plant counts low.

Growing such diverse genetics under one light is tough.

Harley, here is what it looks like from outside tent. This is too much plant for this one little 100W light, but doing ok so far. As you can see the Hawaiian Snow towers above the rest, nice big fan leaves so far impressed with this plant, hopefully buds out nicely. Poor camera cant handle light even with flash!
Indoor_full_shot.JPG

Looks really nice you are getting a lot from that light. About distance from the light I screwed up The liberty haze I just harvested (the one I moved the light away from turned out to have very airy buds I am going back to what the manufacture recommends 18"-24" I thought I got some good info but it was bogus. Right now I've got 6 plants 38" from a single SS400 light. My dilemma is Do I turn on the other light or is it overkill in VEG??? Do you think the plants in the attached picture need more light???
IMG_091118.JPG
:peace::high-five::circle-of-love:

Looks really nice you are getting a lot from that light. About distance from the light I screwed up The liberty haze I just harvested (the one I moved the light away from turned out to have very airy buds I am going back to what the manufacture recommends 18"-24" I thought I got some good info but it was bogus. Right now I've got 6 plants 38" from a single SS400 light. My dilemma is Do I turn on the other light or is it overkill in VEG??? Do you think the plants in the attached picture need more light??? :peace::high-five::circle-of-love:

IMO your fine for veg, but as plants get bigger and you flower probably need both. They are so small and take up so little area I don't think second light matter.

They look healthy and strong though, how is internode spacing? From my limited experience that the best sign for if getting strong enough light.

That could give you some insight. Except for that initial stretch at beginning node spacing looks pretty tight. As said before when transplant just bury those long stems.

I got question for you, you used airpots, I just started using some for my clones and water drains out the side holes real fast when watering, do you just have to water real slow? I am using the real small 1 liter ones, maybe not such a problem with bigger ones?

Back
Top Bottom