Crawdaddy's Fall 2013 TopLED COB Grow

Hey Craw.Do you take those tric shot's while still on the plant?If so,How?My micro camera need's to be perfectly still to take a good pic.
Also those Hawaiian Snow Bud's look delicious.:thumb:

Thanks those Hawaiian Snow buds smell delicious too:)

As you may know I have same USB micro camera as you. I just hold it up against the bud with just that clear part barley touching with other hand holding bud steady, then use the button on the microscope to capture shot. I normally have to try 2-4 times before clear shot. I love the ability it gives me to judge trichs. Also good for judging trich density=potency.

Man,that's pretty steady.I am going to give it a shot though.:thumb:
I also noticed that with different setting's,the more steady it is.

Yea it is a pain, just have to keep trying. One more hint, dont mess with the focus point, get it set to where you want then move the camera around till you get a good shot at that focus point. At first I tried focusing every shot, then I just started keeping focus point same and moved camera around, was ALOT easier.

It worth it in the end IMO, get some nice trich shots. And good for other things, like seeing if have mites on underside of leaves and if they moving.

For me I have just been vigilant and any time ANY sign, out comes the mighty wash. Last time I saw mites was only on one leaf of one clone, about two weeks back, and EVERYTHING (but what was close to finished) was sprayed down.

I am switching nutes to General Organics line from Fox Farm, not because of that though, was just too easy to burn plants with the FF. So the mite protection may just be extra added benefit. But none of the plants that have been fed with GO showing any signs of mites. and as you can see in my other thread, they are much healthier. Or the blueberries in this thread all been the GO nutes. The Hawaiian Snow I about to chop is the last that has been on FF nutes.

The only problem is I have about 6-8 bottles, some un opened, of FF stuff :(

Cograts Crawdaddy...

Thanks BAR and Chronic, so it is time for the real fun tonight....

On flower day 61 the Hawaiian Snow was chopped down.

Boy she smells great and rock hard buds. This is starting to be more like it. I want to make some monster plants with this strain. If she smokes as good as she smells, o boy!

Before shots:
DSCN13956.JPG
DSCN13963.JPG
DSCN13982.JPG
DSCN13973.JPG

Box of buds:
DSCN13993.JPG

After Shots:
DSCN14003.JPG
DSCN14048.JPG
DSCN14033.JPG
DSCN14024.JPG
DSCN14013.JPG

So soon this journal will end, The point was to see how well COB performed, and the Hawaiian Snow proves good buds can be grown under it, next under it(well already under it) is 3 other Hawaiian Snow phenos, 3 Brainstorm the goal is to find best pheno of each strain and keep if worth it, so far the HS is. Along with two free bean plants, White Widow and Chronic. I will probably start new journal for them Tomorrow or Sunday, after smoke reports this journal will be closed.

Vaping up a bag of the Choco Chunk right now.

Smoke Report on the Brainstorm and Choco Chunk.

Both are decent smoke, but bud size/density is lacking. Of the two I say the CC is a bit better, you can tell it has greater trichome density in macros below. The one thing the Brainstorm has going for it(plant is so sensitive to nute burn), is a very strong distinctive diesel fuel type smell, in a good way, but otherwise this pheno doesn't cut it. The CC is adequate, but not my style, more indica.

Anyhow here is both of them, Brainstorm on left, Choco Chunk on right, with mix of small buds of each in quart ball jar top for size reference. as you can see small buds.
BS_and_CC_buds.JPG

Brainstorm macro:
BS_macro1.jpg

Choco Chunk macro:
CC_macro1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom